Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:43:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  Hartwall Areena - July 5th & 6th!! (Helsinki, Finland)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hartwall Areena - July 5th & 6th!! (Helsinki, Finland)  (Read 111878 times)
Natasha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #260 on: July 04, 2006, 04:50:53 PM »

Hi,

I willl buy a ticket at 6 July (Hartwall)  (comfortable price for you).

My e mail   - ntg0309@yandex.ru 

If you are interested please come in  13.00    5, July
                                                            13.00    6 , July

in Mbar (internet cafe  in Helsinki)  in REX.

I am a girl with a GNR logo bracelet on my black bag.

Regards , so long
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #261 on: July 04, 2006, 05:06:06 PM »

Gonna get some sleep, our trip to helsinki starts early. Really hope that brain will be there, and rest of the band of course Grin

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
makkonen
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #262 on: July 05, 2006, 05:35:33 AM »

Hello? Grin

I personally think that Hartwall Arena is way too big for band like Melrose. If have read/heard that they are VERY intense band and that usually means that gigantic(?) arenas are way too huge for these kind of bands.
Great if you are in front of the stage but bore if you are way back sitting around? Shocked

So i?m gonna go and drink some beer and watch football ?til Axl shows up? beer
"Go Portugal Go" (Brazil was the 1st choise but...well you know what happened...)? ok

ps. anyone knows what kind of t-shirts are on sale?!?!?!?  drool
TheRealThing
Opening Act

Round Two!!

« Reply #263 on: July 05, 2006, 06:42:35 AM »

ps. anyone knows what kind of t-shirts are on sale?!?!?!?  drool

There were pics of the tour shirts in one of the early tour threads. I couldn't find it now. About 5-6 designs. Two of them good looking enough to buy myself. Matter of taste of course!  ok

Hanoi Rocks would have been the right choice for the warmup but it seems Mike and Axl aren't even friends anymore.  Undecided
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #264 on: July 05, 2006, 07:03:34 AM »

ps. anyone knows what kind of t-shirts are on sale?!?!?!?? drool

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=30867.msg606914#msg606914

There's also a hoodie which isn't pictured...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
makkonen
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #265 on: July 05, 2006, 09:52:29 AM »

ps. anyone knows what kind of t-shirts are on sale?!?!?!?? drool

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=30867.msg606914#msg606914

There's also a hoodie which isn't pictured...

THANKS for everyboby and see you all tonight  peace beer ok

/jarmo

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #266 on: July 05, 2006, 07:51:16 PM »

So, anyone else's ears ringing? I'm thinking about whether I should use earplugs for the next gig or not... Tonight it seemed like the volume got a bit higher after the first few songs, or was it just me?

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #267 on: July 05, 2006, 08:04:49 PM »

So, anyone else's ears ringing? I'm thinking about whether I should use earplugs for the next gig or not... Tonight it seemed like the volume got a bit higher after the first few songs, or was it just me?

Not really, I used plugs in the beginning but couldn't hear anything, I was at 110 and the mix sounded pretty good (bumblefoots guitar was bit too low in the mix though but in Dublin, Download and Globen I practically heard none of his playing during the songs so..)

Like Makkonen said Areena was too big for Melrose, smaller place would be better for them

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #268 on: July 05, 2006, 10:06:44 PM »

Not really, I used plugs in the beginning but couldn't hear anything, I was at 110 and the mix sounded pretty good (bumblefoots guitar was bit too low in the mix though but in Dublin, Download and Globen I practically heard none of his playing during the songs so..)

Like Makkonen said Areena was too big for Melrose, smaller place would be better for them

Dude, good to have met you there. My first HTGTH-face  Grin

And regarding ears, no not ringing, but definitely a sense of having being subjected to a.... well... a GNR gig  Smiley

Final comment: Dizzy's Don't You Ever Leave Me was coolness! And Robin's Finlandia came waaaaaay too early.

And also: How fucking stupid fucking moronic idiot troll do you have to be to diss Axl's voice???  confused
axe
Rocker

« Reply #269 on: July 06, 2006, 04:35:04 AM »

This is from a Finnish paper called Iltalehti, written by Heta Hyttinen.

Guns N' Roses gig was a one man show

The long await paid off when Axl Rose and the boys came to Hartwall Arena

Guns N' Roses two-day set in Hartwall Areena in Helsinki started off with a pompous fashion yesterday. Although the personnel in the band has changed during the years like in a revolving door and for many the Guns are already buried, yesterday's show proved that some of the world's greatest rock songs just can't be forgotten.

Sometimes ago in Roskilde the band was 50 minutes late, and now they topped that and came on stage after loacl Melrose an hour and 45 minutes later than schedule. But the schedule change was quite expected.

Very simple stage set was decorated with red drapes and backdrop screens. Coming on stage the band started quite a commotion in sold-out Arena, and there was no mistaking of the night's number one star: Axl Rose left the rest of the band in his shadow, but the band, too, was very good.

The European Tour that started in late May has been praised, and also yesterday's show offered a great set of nostalgia. One can only imagine what amount of memories went on the minds of 11000 spectators while November Rain was played.

The concert, which was sold out in record time, was similar than previous tours. The crowd, very diverse in age, didn't mind at all to hear first WTTJ and ISE, and the show that included practically all the band's greatest hits offered many apex moments, like Dizzy Reed's piano version of Hanoi Rocks' Don't You Ever Leave Me.

Songs from the Chinese Democracy album have been heard before, too, but the show was clearly build on older material, and the Finnish audience appreciated that.

It remains to be seen how a tour consisting more material from the new album would go through to the same crowd.

---

Axl allowed photographers to the show "in the last minute". There's also another story where they interview Mike Monroe about Axl. There's nothing new or interesting really. Mike wasn't able to attend yesterday's show.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 04:39:21 AM by axe » Logged
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #270 on: July 06, 2006, 04:58:42 AM »

How do you call a show with that many solo's "a one man show"? Ok, all in all a fare review. Or something. Not exactly a deep account on what took place.

To my own "review" I have to add that at times some songs' vocals sounded like almost playbackish 'cause Axl hit the notes exactly like on record. I mean perhaps even too perfect for a live rock gig. Or maybe I was standing in an acoustic sweet spot  Grin
Natasha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #271 on: July 06, 2006, 05:11:06 AM »

Thank for all GNR fans!

I got a ticket... and see you at the show!...
Natasha
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #272 on: July 06, 2006, 05:35:52 AM »

I hope they're coming to Finland again next summer smoking

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
axe
Rocker

« Reply #273 on: July 06, 2006, 05:44:14 AM »

The other daytime paper, Ilta-Sanomat, also has a very positive review. They concentrate more to the lateness of the show, but not really in a negative way. The headline "GUNS N' ROSES DID IT AGAIN!", the closing caption "Welcome finally back, Axl!"
Natasha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #274 on: July 06, 2006, 07:03:33 AM »

Hi, again,
Does anybody see guns in Helsinki.... or maybe you know where are they stay?
And ... does you know about afterparty?
Natasha
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #275 on: July 06, 2006, 07:11:43 AM »

The other daytime paper, Ilta-Sanomat, also has a very positive review. They concentrate more to the lateness of the show, but not really in a negative way. The headline "GUNS N' ROSES DID IT AGAIN!", the closing caption "Welcome finally back, Axl!"

Read that too. I bet the reporter got wasted while waiting and couldn't really write anything specific regarding the gig? hihi
randy marsh
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #276 on: July 06, 2006, 08:15:34 AM »

holy shit the band sounded good Smiley axl really is back with his voice.. everything was so great but I got a little pissed off cos.. what the hell is going on next to me there was a bunch of fuckin emo fags and behind me there was a old (very nice but bitchy) lady.. the crowd was enjoying the songs but they were so lame and gay looking Cheesy well.. anyway GN'R kicked ass:)

I wanted the best.. well they didn't fuckin' make it.. so here's what I get:

-----
morokolli
Opening Act

it tastes good, don't it?

« Reply #277 on: July 06, 2006, 10:11:13 AM »

love Grin ok ok Kiss

I was there last night and Axl sounded more than perfect (i was expecting less quality in his voice, to be honest) I was quite surprised to see people that didn't really seem to be fans, and some leaving early...makes me wonder if this was what made a lack of tickets for true fans?
Anyone saw them partying somewhere? They didn't go to Onnela, right? Or on the rocks? Where could they be partying tonight???

Axl was awesome, despite the hair  Undecided

"I wasn't looking for Swedes with good taste, I was looking for Swedes that tasted good"
makane
Legend

« Reply #278 on: July 06, 2006, 12:26:42 PM »

Some idiots were leaving during new songs to get beer next to me, what the fuck is that? can't you drink your beer enough on a normal day?
I saw alot of people leaving the floor during some songs, got a bit angry about that 'cause I only got seats? Undecided also there was these "brought my friend who isn't even intrested" people on the floor. they should've just stay home and leave the ticks for someone who is really intrested to hear GN'R...

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Litti10
Headliner

Here Today...Gone To Yesterday

« Reply #279 on: July 06, 2006, 12:56:06 PM »

Hehee i was there last night at the first show in the 316 section row9 fuckin great show but i wished they would have played more new songs like IRS or there was a time. there was hot chicks too just below me (great view while waiting for the show just wish i could be there for the second show too
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: