Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 08:06:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Will the EAGLES return with a bang after T.O. is gone or will they be worse?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will the EAGLES return with a bang after T.O. is gone or will they be worse?  (Read 7412 times)
gnr331
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: July 08, 2006, 05:15:53 PM »

Grin I think theyll come back better than ever because there is a better vibe and everyone is getting along.      GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!

immigrants and faggots, they make no sense to me, they come to our country, and think theyll do as they please
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 05:18:31 PM »

I don't think that the TO thing was as much of a factor as the media made it to be...McNabb was hurtin all year...if he can stay healthy and play consistantly then they will definately improve IMO

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 09:20:47 PM »

look what they did after they suspended him; no running game and no receivers=no offense hihi
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 01:03:03 AM »

Eh the Eagles are destined to slump for a few years.  They were so close for a while, but they're going downhill.  I say it'll be a while for them to rebuild with a great team.  As much as I like McNabb, I dislike him also.  I'm 50/50 with him.  He can be great, but it seems like he doesn't give 100% sometimes.  He made some very bad moves during the last few playoff games from the past seasons.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 07:10:25 AM »

Eh the Eagles are destined to slump for a few years.? They were so close for a while, but they're going downhill.? I say it'll be a while for them to rebuild with a great team.? As much as I like McNabb, I dislike him also.? I'm 50/50 with him.? He can be great, but it seems like he doesn't give 100% sometimes.? He made some very bad moves during the last few playoff games from the past seasons.

I respectfully disagree 100% on the mcNabb dissing.  The guy is a winner.  He's actually very gutsy.  If you want to ding him on any one thing in particular, it's that he's not the most accurate downfield passer.  I'd say he's average to slightly above average with downfield accuracy.  The west coast offense tends to skew completion % upwards with easy dunks and dinks.  Also, the guy is not a Randall Cunningham who choked under pressure.  His playoff game record is fantastic...just go back to the "4th down and 26" play vs. the Packers.  The guy has guts.  He's been playing very hurt with a major injury.  If he is healthy, the Eagles offense will be just fine.  The Eagles will live and die with their defense this season.
 peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 08:06:47 AM »

Eagles aren't going anywhere this year. That division is too strong this year for mediocrity to prevail. The Skins will most likely win it. If not, the Giants. Then you have Dallas right behind them in the hunt.

The Eagles will NOT make the playoffs this year. You heard it here first, unless someone else already said it. hihi

sandman
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 08:33:13 AM »

the eagles will bounce back strong this year. they're not going to the super bowl, but a playoff birth is very possible.

the first half of their schedule is easy, second half is insanely difficult. they should rack up some wins over the first 9 games,  then they will have all the confidence back as being an elite team.

they're in the toughest division in the league, but they have BY FAR the best qb in the division (and i'm not even a mcnabb fan).

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 04:45:47 PM »

They can have the best fucking QB in the NFL but if they got noone open, noone that can catch, and no running game to take pressure of the best QB in the division/NFL, their still gonna suck hihi

The Giants, Redskins, and Comgirls all got better thru experienced NFL players......

The Eagles went thru the draft..... Huh

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 08:50:57 AM »

Return with a bang?? -- No.

Return and be OK?? -- Yeah.

Being a diehard Eagle fan here in Philly (I bleed Eagle green) I will vouch for TO. He made that 2004 season. We even had a song for the guy and yes, he is THAT GOOD. The poster was right Mcnabb - TO = No offense.

I'm not trying to bash Mcnabb, he does have guts, and is still one of the top QB's in the league. However he has his faults. Mostly as a passer, both downfield accuracy and on short throws he throws at their feet ALOT!!

They should make the playoffs, maybe make a run, but don't look for them walking all over everyone else like they did before. I think they made a huge mistake in not signing Lavar Arrington and letting him go to the Giants!??

As for the Skins being the team to beat, nahhh, it's the Cowboys. Believe me, TO is THAT good.

Ahhhh, football season... the greatest time of year. Let the trash talking begin.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 12:03:50 PM »

Hey, a Eagle fan with a touch of reality Grin

but I think the Eagle's will finish last in the divison Shocked because of the strength of the division
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 02:16:43 PM »

Hey, a Eagle fan with a touch of reality Grin

but I think the Eagle's will finish last in the divison Shocked because of the strength of the division

Thanks, I like to think of myself as pretty rational.. until gametime.

Oh it'll be a tough division, and they could finish last, and could finish first. It's gonna be a crapshoot in the NFC East. Tough teams though.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 10:59:27 AM »

Worse. Dallas Cowboys will win the division. Parcells has built a great defense, and the offense will be better with TO.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2006, 08:07:51 AM »

the eagles made it to 3 nfc champ games without TO. made it to the SB without him (TO was injured).

they were 6-10 last year and were getting blown out at the end of the season. they will definitely improve this year. they still have a great core group of players. and i like the additions on D.

i think it's much more likely the skins take a step back this year. they won alot of close games last year and their offense is limited with brunell.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2006, 11:10:17 AM »

the eagles made it to 3 nfc champ games without TO. made it to the SB without him (TO was injured).

they were 6-10 last year and were getting blown out at the end of the season. they will definitely improve this year. they still have a great core group of players. and i like the additions on D.

i think it's much more likely the skins take a step back this year. they won alot of close games last year and their offense is limited with brunell.

It's doubtful they'll make the playoffs; most teams have a 4-5 year window and theirs past them buy; the only weapon they have on offense is McNabb and the midget running back and he's been fragile and their defense took 2 steps back last year
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 03:23:21 PM »

not that it really matters but the Football yearbook i just bought predicts them to go 7-9 and be 3rd behind WSH and DAL...also they predict them to miss the post season Undecided

gnr331
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2006, 03:19:37 PM »

not that it really matters but the Football yearbook i just bought predicts them to go 7-9 and be 3rd behind WSH and DAL...also they predict them to miss the post season Undecided
hiow the hell are you gonna follow a book?....look at the bengals last year...i bet your lil book said they would go like 1 and 15 or somethin...noone knows whats gonna happen

immigrants and faggots, they make no sense to me, they come to our country, and think theyll do as they please
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006, 09:25:14 AM »

hiow the hell are you gonna follow a book?....look at the bengals last year...i bet your lil book said they would go like 1 and 15 or somethin...noone knows whats gonna happen

relax....first ff I'm relatively new to football and secondly i was just saying what the book said in regards to the Eagles performance this year...which was the point of the thread...nobody can predict how teams will do.  not even you Mr Madden Tongue

gnr331
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2006, 09:28:59 AM »

im not yelling...im debating...you need to relax...if your new to football expect alot of yelling/debating...but its all in good fun beer but if your gonna get into it...get into it...ya wont regret it...c'mon now..how can ya beat sitting down on a sunday watching at least 4 games and gettin drunk as hell...CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2006, 10:08:46 AM »

im not yelling...im debating...you need to relax...if your new to football expect alot of yelling/debating...but its all in good fun beer but if your gonna get into it...get into it...ya wont regret it...c'mon now..how can ya beat sitting down on a sunday watching at least 4 games and gettin drunk as hell...CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha...yeah i started following last year...it is good fun...i never realized how exciting the game was...but unfortunately i prolly still can't name every team in the league Embarrassed and i bought the mag to kinda get familiar to the league and teams and somewhat projected outcomes...

man there are so many things to take in at once confused hopefully by mid season or the playoffs I'll have more of a clue peace

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2006, 11:33:10 AM »

I think the Eagles will be lucky to win 7 games this year....personally, I think McNabb may be a little overrated, what is he,1-3 or 1-4 in NFC championship games and the Eagles were favored in all of them hihi

I think they will have a problem sustaining long drives as their running game has been non-existant which is esential in controlling Timoe of Possession and they don't really have a quick strike offense
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: