Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:04:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227770 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Bumblefoot should play this for his solo...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot should play this for his solo...  (Read 9544 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« on: July 13, 2006, 11:09:45 PM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=55PdvkxbGjE&search=bumblefoot
(Posted this straight to dead horse so I wouldn't take up the main board.)

gnrevolution.com
EFISH
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 11:15:53 PM »

that is a really kick ass solo, but i deff. rather here don't cry.

maybe he can shred to this a little bit, and then do his don't cry solo. that'd kick ass. peace
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 11:22:17 PM »

maybe he can shred to this a little bit, and then do his don't cry solo. that'd kick ass. peace

Yeah I was more thinking that.. this AND Don't Cry.

Doesn't he have a solo before Don't Cry?

gnrevolution.com
EFISH
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 11:25:11 PM »

yeah, i think he just shreds
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 04:31:37 AM »

That would make his solo way too long  Wink
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 07:25:07 AM »

That would make his solo way too long  Wink

Get rid of Fincks.  hihi

I kid I kid...

gnrevolution.com
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 07:27:56 AM »

Also, everyone seems to think they should do a Tommy Stinson solo song instead of all the random solos... why not a Bumblefoot solo song?

"Normal" has to be one of the coolest new songs I've heard in awhile. Poppy, nice, im sure the crowd would dig it.

gnrevolution.com
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 08:19:53 AM »

Also, everyone seems to think they should do a Tommy Stinson solo song instead of all the random solos... why not a Bumblefoot solo song?

"Normal" has to be one of the coolest new songs I've heard in awhile. Poppy, nice, im sure the crowd would dig it.

Exaaactly, remember Duff singing Attitude? Ron should have a solo like that too, because boy can he sing!!

PS.: Normal is great, but Rockstar For A Day is still my favourite, how weird would it be to sing Rockstar For A Day in a GNR show... The song is soooo like Axl.?? hihi
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 08:24:38 AM by MandyGnR » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 09:00:26 PM »

He should learn how to do a BH solo correctly, then do this extra stuff.

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 01:56:43 AM »

James have you heard TWAT live from the Spain May 25th show? I think Bumble pulls it off well.

Its true hes still awhile away... but he's getting there. Hes a great guitarist and he'll figure it out soon enough

gnrevolution.com
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 10:02:49 AM »

And you should stop sounding like a broken record already.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 11:07:10 AM »

Cant handle the truth? If you don't like what I have to say, then just fucking ignore it. If you are going to respond to one of my statements, at least do it with some intelligence.

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 08:37:01 AM »

Cant handle the truth? If you don't like what I have to say, then just fucking ignore it. If you are going to respond to one of my statements, at least do it with some intelligence.

Oh yes, sir, I can handle the truth. Just show me what you are referring to, because there isn't any truth in your post. Still sounding like a broken record, eh?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 08:54:20 AM »

Oh yes, sir, I can handle the truth. Just show me what you are referring to, because there isn't any truth in your post. Still sounding like a broken record, eh?
No truth? Go listen to the demos, or any bootleg from 2002. Then listen to the recent boots. If you're not tone deaf, you'll start agreeing with "the broken record".

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 07:30:05 AM »

No truth? Go listen to the demos, or any bootleg from 2002. Then listen to the recent boots. If you're not tone deaf, you'll start agreeing with "the broken record".

Big fucking deal! Ron doesn't play exactly like BH, Finck doesn't play exactly like Slash, and Fortus doesn't play like Izzy. So what? It does not make one's solo worse or better than the other.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2006, 08:34:09 AM »

Big fucking deal! Ron doesn't play exactly like BH, Finck doesn't play exactly like Slash, and Fortus doesn't play like Izzy. So what? It does not make one's solo worse or better than the other.
Actually, there are definitely similarities in Fortus-Izzy. Or at least the differences dont stand out much(for obvious reasons). We all know Finck doesn't play like Slash. That can be heard every night. But Finck's situation is different. He has to play the old stuff(which he does fuck up on) while also playing his own material(quite capable of that). Which brings us to BBF. He can get a free pass on the AFD/UYI material. Its old material and didnt require a 3rd guitarist. He is basically doing what BH did in the "rehash" role. Just adding his own thing to it. Although I prefer BH's interpretation of rehash, I think BBF handles that part(specifically NR and Nighttrain). Now the issue is CD. This album is going to be showcased in the near future. It isn't time to start reinterpreting songs that haven't been released, or are near being released. 10 years down the road? Maybe. But not now. These songs need to be being played EXACTLY how they are on the album. He needs to become a quick learner, or hand over the reigns to someone who can. Its not a big issue yet. But as more people get exposed to these demos, or when the actual album itself is released and this continues, it is going to become an issue. Especially from the media(and the fans) standpoint.

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006, 08:54:02 AM »

These songs need to be being played EXACTLY how they are on the album. He needs to become a quick learner, or hand over the reigns to someone who can.

Great! I presume you've heard the album, or at least the finalized versions of the songs, then? Because you sure can't be judging it by the way the solos sound on the demos. A song can change a lot from the demo to the real thing.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2006, 09:13:12 AM »

Great! I presume you've heard the album
That sarcastic bullshit ends our little discussion. You obviously aren't intelligent enough to continue this any further.

strattao
Opening Act

World Tour 2000Something

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 06:56:12 PM »

I like that he's playing Don't Cry, but he really does need to showcase his talents better. I remember the first time I heard Bucket play live and I was BLOWN AWAY. I still haven't had that moment with Mr. Thal.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2006, 12:23:37 AM »

I like Bumble...but he doesn't do the demos justice.  And from the concerts, most of the demos have remained unchanged for the most part Tongue 

Did he learn from the leaks or the finished version? drool
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: