Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:16:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227788 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Microsoft gets owned!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Microsoft gets owned!  (Read 3397 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« on: July 14, 2006, 10:07:36 AM »

Part One

http://youtube.com/watch?v=h8CXLBtHda0&mode=related&search=microsoft

Part Two

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xMNyo5t-oyA&mode=related&search=microsoft

This cracked me up...

Vista is the OSX ripoff!

Heh

gnrevolution.com
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 11:14:21 AM »

when will mac guys stop bitching ?

an OS is not supposed to be about looks.

so yeah microsoft ripped off osx for the looks and flashy stuff ?

i'm glad to hear the engineer at M$ didnt waste time drawing icons rather than focusing on other stuff.

i have a 2000$ machine, my windows still look like 95.

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 06:24:33 PM »

We just think its funny they try to pass it off as their own. They make it sound like its never been done.

If you like your PC's thats great though. I like PC's too... I just thought the video was funny as hell.

gnrevolution.com
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 09:28:11 PM »

im pretty sure that the copying has happened both ways

transparency has been available in games for many years now...its not really innovative

plus usability is a science, many elements of the operating system come out of usability studies...and operating systems will tend to merge in many ways...visually who cares what it looks like as there will probably be plenty of themes to choose from and probably wouldnt look mac-like...and how many profit-making websites have you seen with mac theme buttons... hihi

DRM is the only technology that concerns me tho...in the end there will be ways around it!

screenshots of vista
http://winsupersite.com/showcase/winvista_beta2_gallery_01.asp

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 01:46:37 AM »

Copying's of course been done both ways, but I think it's fairly easy to say which way it's been mostly happening. Only if you look at which companies have been around the longest, or which companies have had the most time to develop their product to be most  usable. I'm not saying it's a bad thing to do so. In fact I think it's pretty good that a user can go from one system to another with minimum effort. The differences should be what's under the hood. IMO. In the end, all product developement should begin from what are the needs of the customers. But about the actual differences that matter (not flashy desktops).

Now I don't want to make a new thread for Vista, so I'll just comment on it in this thread. The reason why Vista was supposed to be _the_ next OS, was because of the new revolutionary filesystem (WinFS). Now that they've decided to pull the FS from Vista, it leaves, at least me, wondering why should I concider upgrading. Well, there are some improvements that'll come handy, such as going 64 bit. I've noticed a pretty impressive power boost in Linux, going from 32 to 64. But other than that... What's left, for me it seems, is a few eye candy updates and DirectX10. Could be very wrong about this though. If the apps I needed were all available for Linux, I'd switch over completely in a heartbeat.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 04:46:28 AM »

If the apps I needed were all available for Linux, I'd switch over completely in a heartbeat.

same here

64 is already on win2003.
i have a dual core, i tried 64bits os, no big deal.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: