Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:54:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Press Release: 07.22.2006 - GUNS N' ROSES HEAT WAVE
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Press Release: 07.22.2006 - GUNS N' ROSES HEAT WAVE  (Read 7798 times)
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2006, 09:40:13 AM »

Any videos of the incident?

I was at glasgow last nite and we all got to take pictures and videos and no one bothered, neither did axl as he couldnt miss the now customary 21 st centruy gigging experience which now invloves looking out into a crowd with 100s of mobile phones held up!!
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2006, 09:47:43 AM »

Great to know the band and the management seem to care more about the fans these days! A press release like this one after the Philly riot in 2002 would have been great...

I wonder what some people are thinking now, those people who were Axl on wednesday after we heard about the incident, talking shit like "he has to grow up and stop doing that shit of walking out stage"
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2006, 09:51:12 AM »

The video is on youtube.

Its a testament to GnRs popularity and success that not only have millions of fans followed them in the dark past 10 years.. but also the haters have followed the band too!

People are looking for any stupid incident to get one over on this band.

Bottom line is they played for 2 hours and he got hit twice! Wheres the fan/motivation in playing the last two songs when you know theres idiots in the crowd throwing coins?!?!?

Hes a performer and wont play unless he can give 100%. After than incident he lost his 100%.

Axl was in the right on this one.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2006, 09:54:55 AM »

The video is on youtube.

Its a testament to GnRs popularity and success that not only have millions of fans followed them in the dark past 10 years.. but also the haters have followed the band too!

People are looking for any stupid incident to get one over on this band.

Bottom line is they played for 2 hours and he got hit twice! Wheres the fan/motivation in playing the last two songs when you know theres idiots in the crowd throwing coins?!?!?

Hes a performer and wont play unless he can give 100%. After than incident he lost his 100%.

Axl was in the right on this one.

link?

ahh.. found it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MQ0RxN-7BU&search=guns%20n%20roses%202006%20uk
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 09:56:37 AM by Nytunz » Logged

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Hatts
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2006, 11:55:10 AM »

I think it's awesome that we are getting these kind of press releases now adays.  I also think it's awesome they have actually finished a tour almost!

Quick question is gunsnrosesonline there new official site.  I had heard it wasn't but i don't know if that has changed.

Hatts

"If I thought that I was crazy well i guess i'd have more fun."
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2006, 11:57:20 AM »

It's ashame some fucking morons ruined it for the thousands of cool fans... not one time, but two....

You can't blame any of the members in Gnr for this one.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2006, 11:59:29 AM »

Quick question is gunsnrosesonline there new official site.  I had heard it wasn't but i don't know if that has changed.

Hatts

I was wondering the same thing... in the past they put the press release on gnronline.com

kingaxl
Banned
Rocker

im no prophet but i can tell you somethin!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2006, 12:06:18 PM »

gunsnrosesonline gotta be the official site...its so cool and well designed...i got a good feelin about it!!!!!!

she took my sperm without my permission!!!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2006, 12:08:15 PM »

gunsnrosesonline gotta be the official site...its so cool and well designed...i got a good feelin about it!!!!!!

And it's already been updated more than gnronline has been in the past 6 years. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2006, 12:09:35 PM »

Really nice to get a press release and a few comments from the band about this...They should do this much more often....I dont blame Axl at all...Cool to see Izzy agreeing they should leave to

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2006, 12:11:02 PM »

Communication   love

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2006, 12:20:22 PM »

Im pleased the guys walked off stage, noone shold put up with things being thrown at them, whilst they are performing.
 However what gets me is some people's reaction. If say R.E.M./Pearl Jam/The Who ETC had somthing thrown at them and they walked everyone would say well done. But because its Axl there are certain people saying he's a twat for doing so
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2006, 12:22:34 PM »

I don't think gunsnrosesonline is the new official site, it seems like it's a fan site where they only publish official press releases. If you look in the 2003 news section they have news which says "Source: Guns N' Roses Official Site", with a link to gnronline.com
Annie
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2006, 01:01:34 PM »

Good for you AXL! ok
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2006, 01:02:54 PM »

Hmmmm...this is interesting. I'm certainly glad to see the band vocalizing their intentions, however, part of me feels that this press release was meant more to prove to U.S. concert promoters that, yes, in fact, GN'R CAN complete a tour without incident (in other words, what happened in Newcastle doesn't count).

Maybe it's just me be over analytical though? Undecided

Fucksake, man, not everything is about the American tour.? How about the European gigs being just as important to the band?? The press release is pretty self explanatory if you ask me....it's an explanation as to what went down and why in Newcastle the other night.? I'm sure if Axl wanted to say anything about the US tour or he wanted to reassure any promoters, he'd do so.? He's hardly a shrinking violet when it comes to speaking his mind.

My comment wasn't meant to belittle the European tour or make a U.S. tour look any more important. The fact is that the 2002 U.S. tour went up in smoke and when GN'R plan to take the stage in the U.S. again, certainly promoters will be looking at the results of this current European tour when judging the risk factor that comes with booking GN'R.

That's all...no disrespect intended, man. ? Cool

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2006, 02:51:43 PM »

Hmmmm...this is interesting. I'm certainly glad to see the band vocalizing their intentions, however, part of me feels that this press release was meant more to prove to U.S. concert promoters that, yes, in fact, GN'R CAN complete a tour without incident (in other words, what happened in Newcastle doesn't count).

Maybe it's just me be over analytical though? Undecided

Fucksake, man, not everything is about the American tour.? How about the European gigs being just as important to the band?? The press release is pretty self explanatory if you ask me....it's an explanation as to what went down and why in Newcastle the other night.? I'm sure if Axl wanted to say anything about the US tour or he wanted to reassure any promoters, he'd do so.? He's hardly a shrinking violet when it comes to speaking his mind.

My comment wasn't meant to belittle the European tour or make a U.S. tour look any more important. The fact is that the 2002 U.S. tour went up in smoke and when GN'R plan to take the stage in the U.S. again, certainly promoters will be looking at the results of this current European tour when judging the risk factor that comes with booking GN'R.

That's all...no disrespect intended, man. ? Cool

Thanks for the explanation Smiley  Sorry if I was a bit harsh!
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2006, 03:05:21 PM »

This has been GNR's policy since playing Donnington in 1988.

there you have it! you are warned people  ok

they should put that policy on the publicity poster after the concerts  hihi

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Megaguns
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2006, 11:15:05 PM »

of course the fans are gonna be pissed about waiting in the heat for hours while axl waits for a fucking dinner or whatever. I say they need to start getting on stage on time or this type of crap will happen again
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2006, 12:39:12 AM »

is it just me, or did this press release infer Izzy is a member of GNR?

the gist of it does reek of justification, probably to smooth over US promoter concerns.
Showing up on time would be a great way of avoiding trouble

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2006, 01:04:49 AM »

is it just me, or did this press release infer Izzy is a member of GNR?

Not really. He just happened to be on stage when it happened. If it would've happened during My Michelle, Baz's comments might've been included had he been there.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: