Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:29:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Press Release: 07.22.2006 - GUNS N' ROSES HEAT WAVE
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Press Release: 07.22.2006 - GUNS N' ROSES HEAT WAVE  (Read 7801 times)
suicide
VIP

« on: July 22, 2006, 04:40:01 AM »

Found this on www.gunsnrosesonline.com:

Press Release

07.22.2006 - GUNS N' ROSES HEAT WAVE

Guns N' Roses want the people of Newcastle to know that the crowd at their sold out show Wednesday night was terrific. The band played a sweaty two hour show on the hottest night in a lifetime bolstered by the audience's incredible support. Unfortunately, the band was not able to give the crowd the encore they deserved due to the behaviour of a couple of cowards in the audience.

Guns N' Roses keyboard player Dizzy Reed explained "Newcastle was one of the best gigs of the entire tour. I had puddles of sweat underneath my keyboards and loved every second of it except when some idiots decided to throw things at the stage.  When Axl got hit the first time, the audience pointed out who threw the object and security tossed him out so we came back.  Then Axl got hit in the mouth with another object, so thanks to the behavior of two morons who obviously don't know how to behave at a rock concert, the show ended with no encores.  I've been in this band for sixteen years and stupid shit like throwing stuff at the stage is something we won't tolerate.  We're not targets, we're musicians."

Guitarist Robin Finck stated, "We had a great time Wednesday night and Axl sang his ass off but you do not wait around to get hit in the mouth for a third time."

Guns N' Roses vocalist Axl Rose had this to say, "Getting hit wasn't a big deal. We stopped the song and gave a warning. We came back and started the song over and completed it. We then said goodnight. The house lights went down and I got hit a second time, in the mouth, by a solid object thrown by someone in the audience. After having warned the crowd that we would leave, and having played more than two hours, we left the stage and called it a night with the full support of everyone in the band, our guests and Management. Izzy was the first to immediately support the decision verbally to me personally before I had physically left the stage area. Tommy and Frank came to my dressing room to say how much they appreciated the decision to not continue under those conditions, and express their support for not tolerating anyone throwing items at the stage with a negative intent. This has been GNR's policy since playing Donnington in 1988.  We thank everyone for coming, we hope everyone got home safely and we hope to play Newcastle again - hopefully without those looking for enjoyment at others expense.
Cheers!"

Guns N' Roses look forward to continuing their sold out UK tour in Glasgow tonight.

Source: Sanctuary Group Plc
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 04:42:44 AM »

I love how izzy was the first to say OK lets wrap it up.. He knew what could happen.. hihi Nice to see axl acting mature in this situation
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 04:48:11 AM »

Nice to see that we are getting some press releases now from the band! Its so ggod to see this and clears all up from the other night! You cant blame the band for walking after shit like that happens! Mike

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 04:57:38 AM »

real cool of the band to inform us of what happened.  ok
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 05:00:06 AM »

Thank you GN'R and Merck and everyone over at Sanctuary for setting the record straight!  beer
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 05:06:06 AM »

Thats good to have the band say something about the incident. I didn't realise that Axl actually got hit, so I guess they had every right to cut the show short.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 05:07:31 AM »

knowing now that he was hit twice the second time in the mouth. i don't blame them for leaving. the third time could have hurt him or one of the other band members. i'm glad they all collectively decided to leave and not just axl making the decision for them all.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 05:08:10 AM »

IM glad they came out and said it, I suspected that and said so much in a thread how at other shows axl and the band did vocalise this, and gave the srowd a chance, I dont blame them for sticking to thier guns and following through, no one needs that shit!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 05:40:19 AM »

The press release is genuine

Spread it around if you haven't already done so
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2006, 05:42:19 AM »

After having warned the crowd that we would leave, and having played more than two hours, we left the stage and called it a night with the full support of everyone in the band, our guests and Management.

Since he added that they had already played two hours, I wonder what would have happened if this had happened like the 3rd of 4th song in, would he still have left and more than likely caused a riot??
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2006, 05:55:12 AM »

Mmm im glad the band is being more vocal. Finally! Haha

gnrevolution.com
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2006, 06:02:45 AM »

How bout some new album release news to keep us cool? Grin

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
badapple81
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2006, 08:54:36 AM »

Dizzy.. I've been in this band for sixteen years and stupid shit like throwing stuff at the stage is something we won't tolerate.  We're not targets, we're musicians."

Guitarist Robin Finck stated, "We had a great time Wednesday night and Axl sang his ass off but you do not wait around to get hit in the mouth for a third time."

Exactly right.. there is only so much you put up with.. I wouldn't have stayed out there to be a target waiting to get hit.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2006, 09:01:01 AM »

Does anyone think that if he turned up on time instead of leaving everyone waiting in the sweltering heat then he might not get stuff thrown at him?

I dont condone the behaviour of the throwers, but you reap what you sow dont you.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2006, 09:12:44 AM »

Hmmmm...this is interesting. I'm certainly glad to see the band vocalizing their intentions, however, part of me feels that this press release was meant more to prove to U.S. concert promoters that, yes, in fact, GN'R CAN complete a tour without incident (in other words, what happened in Newcastle doesn't count).

Maybe it's just me be over analytical though  Undecided

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
badapple81
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2006, 09:15:49 AM »

I don't consider it to be a big deal.

Idiots were throwing coins and objects which hit Axl in the face, so no encore to protect their own safety.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2006, 09:24:30 AM »

Found this on www.gunsnrosesonline.com:

Press Release

07.22.2006 - GUNS N' ROSES HEAT WAVE

Guns N' Roses want the people of Newcastle to know that the crowd at their sold out show Wednesday night was terrific. The band played a sweaty two hour show on the hottest night in a lifetime bolstered by the audience's incredible support. Unfortunately, the band was not able to give the crowd the encore they deserved due to the behaviour of a couple of cowards in the audience.

Guns N' Roses keyboard player Dizzy Reed explained "Newcastle was one of the best gigs of the entire tour. I had puddles of sweat underneath my keyboards and loved every second of it except when some idiots decided to throw things at the stage.? When Axl got hit the first time, the audience pointed out who threw the object and security tossed him out so we came back.  Then Axl got hit in the mouth with another object, so thanks to the behavior of two morons who obviously don't know how to behave at a rock concert, the show ended with no encores.? I've been in this band for sixteen years and stupid shit like throwing stuff at the stage is something we won't tolerate.? We're not targets, we're musicians."

Guns N' Roses vocalist Axl Rose had this to say, "Getting hit wasn't a big deal. We stopped the song and gave a warning. We came back and started the song over and completed it. We then said goodnight. The house lights went down and I got hit a second time, in the mouth, by a solid object thrown by someone in the audience. After having warned the crowd that we would leave, and having played more than two hours, we left the stage and called it a night with the full support of everyone in the band, our guests and Management. Izzy was the first to immediately support the decision verbally to me personally before I had physically left the stage area. Tommy and Frank came to my dressing room to say how much they appreciated the decision to not continue under those conditions, and express their support for not tolerating anyone throwing items at the stage with a negative intent. This has been GNR's policy since playing Donnington in 1988.? We thank everyone for coming, we hope everyone got home safely and we hope to play Newcastle again - hopefully without those looking for enjoyment at others expense.
Cheers!"

Guns N' Roses look forward to continuing their sold out UK tour in Glasgow tonight.

Source: Sanctuary Group Plc

Where did Axl get hit the first time?

The second time, it was the mouth.

Where did he get hit the first time and was it also a coin?
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2006, 09:30:23 AM »

Where did Axl get hit the first time?

The second time, it was the mouth.

Where did he get hit the first time and was it also a coin?

Its a GNR press release - take it on face value or dont bother with it at all.
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2006, 09:34:11 AM »

Hmmmm...this is interesting. I'm certainly glad to see the band vocalizing their intentions, however, part of me feels that this press release was meant more to prove to U.S. concert promoters that, yes, in fact, GN'R CAN complete a tour without incident (in other words, what happened in Newcastle doesn't count).

Maybe it's just me be over analytical though? Undecided

Fucksake, man, not everything is about the American tour.  How about the European gigs being just as important to the band?  The press release is pretty self explanatory if you ask me....it's an explanation as to what went down and why in Newcastle the other night.  I'm sure if Axl wanted to say anything about the US tour or he wanted to reassure any promoters, he'd do so.  He's hardly a shrinking violet when it comes to speaking his mind.
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2006, 09:39:44 AM »

i was at that gig, it makes me so fucking angry that some selfish dickheads decided to throw things on the stage knowing fine well how axl would react, y would anyone want to pay 40 quid to do that!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: