Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:51:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227771 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  suprise band glasto 2007?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: suprise band glasto 2007?  (Read 2669 times)
Alan
VIP

use your head

« on: July 23, 2006, 07:04:20 AM »

Eavis also hinted at a surprise performance from a band who haven't played together for 35 years on the Friday night.

He added: "At the time they were one of the biggest bands in the world. No one can guess who they are, it's a lovely mystery.

"They will play on the Friday night, either the penultimate or two down from the top on the billing."

--------

this is getting on my nerves i can't think who it might be, anyone care to make a guess?

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 07:19:29 AM »

Eavis also hinted at a surprise performance from a band who haven't played together for 35 years on the Friday night.

He added: "At the time they were one of the biggest bands in the world. No one can guess who they are, it's a lovely mystery.

"They will play on the Friday night, either the penultimate or two down from the top on the billing."

--------

this is getting on my nerves i can't think who it might be, anyone care to make a guess?

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE?

html sucks
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 10:22:47 AM »

--------

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE?

Yeah cos its been atleast 35 years since they were together confused

Quick! To the bandwagon!
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 10:57:01 AM »

New York Dolls? They're back with a new album after 34/35 years. Only 2 are original members the rest is underground but still..
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 10:58:25 AM »

35 years......that would put it back to 71......I think the original Velvet Underground lineup last played together around that time......but John Cale and Lou Reed did a reunion thingy a few years ago so I don't think it'd be them. ?Who knows, I'll take them though as my pick.  Of course it'd be without Sterling Morrison who passed away...but who knows.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 11:02:07 AM by bill213 » Logged

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 11:57:08 AM »

Led Zeppelin?

Someone at work told me they're playin Glasto next year, didn't believe him but usually he knows his shit

That's a hatrick for Doull
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 01:08:41 PM »

Cant be Led Zeppelin...It says they wont be the headliner or even the 2nd headliner...but more like 3rd down

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 02:17:36 PM »

metallica played at around 3pm at donnington a few years ago. you never know where the big bands are going to end up.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 10:11:23 AM »

out the bands that havent played together for 35 years - i reckon it might be one of these:

Stooges
Velvet Underground (full reunion)
Free (with Clapton)

Zeppelin possibly - with John's son on drums - but i dont know - page and plant have played glast in the last 10 years and robert played in 2002, so I think it would be more of a surprise that them.  though god knows I would LOVE it to be them!  or Velvet underground.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: