Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:32:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Stone Temple Pilots
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots  (Read 164929 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #540 on: May 27, 2013, 08:14:57 PM »

The DeLeo's don't have a leg to stand on here. Weiland is one of the two founding members of the band and wrote their songs.

They do actually, read the lawsuit. Or maybe you're just talking about in the public eye.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #541 on: May 27, 2013, 08:19:01 PM »

The DeLeo's don't have a leg to stand on here. Weiland is one of the two founding members of the band and wrote their songs.

They do actually, read the lawsuit. Or maybe you're just talking about in the public eye.

Maybe with the tardiness and substance abuse but he did start the band and wrote their songs. That gives him rights to copyright.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #542 on: May 27, 2013, 11:26:08 PM »

The split between the Stone Temple Pilots and former frontman Scott Weiland has escalated into a legal feud. The Associated Press reports that the band filed a lawsuit accusing Weiland of misusing the band's name in to advance his solo work and asked a judge to block him from using the band's name and their songs.

STP has asked the judge to stop Weiland from performing STP songs in his solo career, or even calling himself a former member of the band.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/stone-temple-pilots-sue-scott-weiland-20130525
what a bunch of dicks.
how can they do that. and people think axl is a bad guy.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #543 on: May 28, 2013, 05:24:21 PM »

The split between the Stone Temple Pilots and former frontman Scott Weiland has escalated into a legal feud. The Associated Press reports that the band filed a lawsuit accusing Weiland of misusing the band's name in to advance his solo work and asked a judge to block him from using the band's name and their songs.

STP has asked the judge to stop Weiland from performing STP songs in his solo career, or even calling himself a former member of the band.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/stone-temple-pilots-sue-scott-weiland-20130525
what a bunch of dicks.
how can they do that. and people think axl is a bad guy.

Yeah, Scott might be a pain in the ass but Robert and Dean seem like world class pricks.
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #544 on: May 29, 2013, 08:52:17 AM »

So according to to recent articles:

http://www.spin.com/#articles/stone-temple-pilots-scott-weiland-lawsuit-response/

http://www.spin.com/#articles/stone-temple-pilots-chester-bennington-out-of-time-new-singer/

Scott Weiland and STP are going to court over him refusing to do committed tour dates and then STP using Chester Bennington to replace him and are still using the name.

The funny thing I find about this is (correct me if I am wrong) didn't Chester say he wouldn't take over the Velvet Revolver spot because he was too good of friends with Scott? But its alright for him to go into STP  rofl

I just thought his voice had the grittyness that would be good for VR

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #545 on: May 29, 2013, 12:10:09 PM »

I think it was VR who declined the use of Chester's vocals after firing Scott
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #546 on: May 29, 2013, 01:39:30 PM »

duff just tweeted
Duff McKagan‏@DuffMcKagan2h
The guitar duo of @Slash and D. DeLeo of @stpband is a sweet sound. Me, R. DeLeo, and Krebs just try2 look cool. @ChesterBe SLAYS.#MusiCares

does that mean that duff and slash played with new stp??

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #547 on: May 29, 2013, 01:41:45 PM »

duff just tweeted
The guitar duo of @Slash and D. DeLeo of @stpband is a sweet sound. Me, R. DeLeo, and Krebs just try2 look cool. @ChesterBe SLAYS.#MusiCares

http://www.grammy.org/news/chester-bennington-to-perform-with-stone-temple-pilots-duff-mckagan-and-slash-at-musicares-map

They are probably rehearsing for this performance at a Musicares event tomorrow night.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #548 on: May 29, 2013, 01:53:59 PM »

duff just tweeted

http://www.grammy.org/news/chester-bennington-to-perform-with-stone-temple-pilots-duff-mckagan-and-slash-at-musicares-map

They are probably rehearsing for this performance at a Musicares event tomorrow night.
thanks.
scott must be ecstatic when he hears that

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #549 on: May 31, 2013, 12:13:00 AM »

http://stonetemplepilots.com/news/2013/05/stp-statement/
stp responds

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #550 on: May 31, 2013, 09:01:36 AM »

i cant help but feel for Scott...

i think STP replacing him with another singer a famous one to boot and using the name STP is absurd

and then Slash and Duff go play with them last night too.... a double whammy....lol

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #551 on: May 31, 2013, 09:30:18 AM »

STP was suppose to tour the Core record for its 20th anniversary. Scott decided to celebrate it by touring Core with his solo band. Needless to say the rest of the STP guys were pissed. I would be too if left hanging like that. Unfortunately Scott never takes responsibility for his actions. It's always someone else's fault. The similarities between gnr and STP are scary similar
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #552 on: May 31, 2013, 09:49:54 AM »

STP was suppose to tour the Core record for its 20th anniversary. Scott decided to celebrate it by touring Core with his solo band. Needless to say the rest of the STP guys were pissed. I would be too if left hanging like that. Unfortunately Scott never takes responsibility for his actions. It's always someone else's fault. The similarities between gnr and STP are scary similar

I cant disagree with that...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #553 on: May 31, 2013, 11:41:56 AM »

There's even more to it than that.
 - Scott has missed shows, showed up late, or showed up wasted to a lot of STP shows in the last 2 years
 - Scott demanded a bigger cut of the publishing AND touring royalties than he had before (Doesn't that sound familiar?)
 - Scott had refused to communicate with other band members and would only communicate through managers (He has a separate manager than the rest of the band)
 - Scott refuses to write or record with the other guys in the same room and records vocals in a completely different studio

All in all, I agree that it's not really STP without Scott. But I don't blame the guys one bit for moving on and I don't feel sorry for Scott at all.

rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #554 on: May 31, 2013, 12:41:30 PM »

scott said that the band didnt want to tour core, they wanted a greatest hits tour and scott disagreed.
then he made a solo tour ...

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
overmatik
« Reply #555 on: May 31, 2013, 01:28:17 PM »

Stone Temple Pilots & Chester Bennington, Slash & Duff - Club Nokia - 5/30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlha2EhuuKY&feature=player_embedded#!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #556 on: May 31, 2013, 02:18:38 PM »

scott said that the band didnt want to tour core, they wanted a greatest hits tour and scott disagreed.
then he made a solo tour ...

Their lawsuit completely disputes that. It states they were discussing a Core tour as early as January 2012. But I guess it's he said/she said at this point.

Stone Temple Pilots & Chester Bennington, Slash & Duff - Club Nokia - 5/30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlha2EhuuKY&feature=player_embedded#!

And they played a song written by David Bowie, Scott's man-crush. Ouch!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 02:21:21 PM by LunsJail » Logged

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #557 on: May 31, 2013, 02:43:10 PM »

I don't think they're all that similar.  One band has a singer that has had multiple projects going on at once.  One has a singer that has only had one project in his career.  The anniversary touring of a particular record as a breaking point is both disputable and speculative as it applies to STP (a matter of perspective) and also inapplicable to GN'R.  Then you have another factor that is entirely different - the issue of dealing with someone with a drug dependency.  Showing up late to shows, I understand as a similarity.  Showing up wasted?  I've heard of that with STP, never seen personally or heard of that with GN'R.

Some circumstantial similarities and some circumstantial differences as well.  I don't see it as being all that much of an apples-to-apples comparison.

Ali
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 02:44:47 PM by Ali » Logged
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #558 on: May 31, 2013, 05:33:14 PM »

I don't think they're all that similar.  One band has a singer that has had multiple projects going on at once.  One has a singer that has only had one project in his career.  The anniversary touring of a particular record as a breaking point is both disputable and speculative as it applies to STP (a matter of perspective) and also inapplicable to GN'R.  Then you have another factor that is entirely different - the issue of dealing with someone with a drug dependency.  Showing up late to shows, I understand as a similarity.  Showing up wasted?  I've heard of that with STP, never seen personally or heard of that with GN'R.

Some circumstantial similarities and some circumstantial differences as well.  I don't see it as being all that much of an apples-to-apples comparison.

Ali
back in the day axl was the one who was not wasted

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #559 on: May 31, 2013, 06:17:14 PM »

Ali
back in the day axl was the one who was not wasted

Which is what the other band members have said as well.  My point was that having dealt with someone struggling with addiction, it adds a different layer to dealing with someone who you may have other issues with.  At the very least, with all other business and/or personality conflicts included, it is yet another factor to deal with and complicates the situation further.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: