Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:11:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Duff McKagan Beautiful Disease
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff McKagan Beautiful Disease  (Read 19702 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 04:25:36 AM »

is baz on vocals on any of these songs.. i thought i remember reading that he did something with Duffs solo project

Yeah, he sings one of Duff's solo songs, but not on this album. Baz appears on Believe In Me on a song called Trouble and it fucking rocks. I get the impression from that song that this is what VR might've sounded like if they chose Baz to front the band.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2006, 07:20:27 PM »

Hi

Just wandering if anyone has got a promo copy of Beautiful Disease. I bought one of e-bay and I have the feeling I've been ripped off Cry. The cd I received is a blank silver CD and the side which plays (contains the music) is black. Is this just a burned CD or does the promo copy actually looks like this.

Also is there artwork with the promo copy? I only got a few prints which are available at the internet aswell.

Thanks
Thats what my copy looks like.? Same with everyone else who believes they have an original promo copy.
Along with the fact that I've never seen or heard of black-backed CD-R's and neither has anyone else I've asked I'm willing to believe they're genuine.

Theres probably a chance that there are demos of some of these songs with Axl on vocals.
Even if he had started working on it before he quit Guns thats unlikely.? Apparently he approached several diffrent singers when he was making the record and they all said the same thing: the songs were all too personal and it'd be wrong to get anyone else to sing them.
Considering most of the album deals with his near-death experience and consequently getting sober thats understandable.

also, why coudent Duff just release it on another lable? just cuz geffen wouldent do it dident mean other company's wouldent.
I've been looking into this for a while now, trying to find a loop-hole that could get it released..? As far as I can tell Geffen has control of the original recordings so although they're never going to release it Duff can't release it under another name or on another label.

He was in the process of re-recording it, first as a live album and later as a studio album.? The first turned into Loaded's Episode 1999: Live which contains Shinin' Down, Seattlehead, Superman, Missing You, Then And Now and Mezz.? The second turned into Dark Days (Loaded's studio album) which contains Seattlehead, Then And Now and Superman, plus 9 original songs.
IMO both are amazing albums but neither live up to Beautiful Disease, which is by far my favourite of anything any GNR member has done since leaving the band.
Importantly neither includes 2 of my favourite songs from BD: Rain and the title track.

I'm totally and completely obsessed with this album.  I'd say its the best thing I've heard since AFD, and thats saying a lot.

I've been trying to find a way to get it released for over a year now.  I did try sending a petition to both Duff (5 times) and Geffen (4 times) but that never went anywhere.  Since then I've been trying to think up more effective ways.
And until then I've been sending copies to everyone who shows any interest.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2020, 06:45:04 PM »

I have a hang-up on this album right now! Takes me back to 2000...

Guess it'll never be released for real and that's a shame.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2020, 09:58:26 PM »

I used to have a CD-R of it.  Paid $20.00 for it on ebay.  Other people paid $100.00 for it!  Bear in mind, this was pre-youtube.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 12:49:05 AM by Bridge » Logged
Tmac2020
Opening Act

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2020, 08:51:48 PM »

Killer record - Love Mike Bordins Drumming

Slash rips it up on his parts
Izzy sounds good as well

Kick Ass Punk Record

Love the lyrics and attitude Duff has on this record
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: