Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:18:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228067 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Finck doing scom solos (good or bad)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Finck doing scom solos (good or bad)  (Read 19460 times)
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2006, 05:16:54 AM »

this would be a better example to me why I think he has trouble playing it, more the mid solo then the intro on here.. it just sounds really off,? on and off

paris

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tz0SH8KyzBk

I just listened to the 3:30 - 4:30 solo 3 times... and no I don't think it sounds off, on and off. It sounds exactly the same as always when Finck plays it. To me it sounds great. I am not even trying to compare them. I don't care how Slash would play it if he is in GNR. He isn't. He wrote it, he played it great and he is not in GNR anymore. I think your expectations to hear Slash playing it and constant unfaireness to Finck ruins it for you every single time.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2006, 10:15:10 AM »

this would be a better example to me why I think he has trouble playing it, more the mid solo then the intro on here.. it just sounds really off,? on and off

paris

I just listened to the 3:30 - 4:30 solo 3 times... and no I don't think it sounds off, on and off. It sounds exactly the same as always when Finck plays it. To me it sounds great. I am not even trying to compare them. I don't care how Slash would play it if he is in GNR. He isn't. He wrote it, he played it great and he is not in GNR anymore. I think your expectations to hear Slash playing it and constant unfaireness to Finck ruins it for you every single time.

I just think it sounds wrong.. That's how I feel.. Notes are notes right.. I mean when you sing a song the words are still the same just the voice is different..
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2006, 01:56:33 PM »

this would be a better example to me why I think he has trouble playing it, more the mid solo then the intro on here.. it just sounds really off,  on and off

paris

listen to the way the band recorded SCOM during the late ninties (its from the big daddy soundtrack), thats exactly the way Finck played that solo.   
suzypi
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2006, 02:47:02 PM »

i agree finck is the one who respects the less the notes in solos.
is this his choice or not to be different well maybe,? or i think he probably is too lazy to learn them correctly, he starts with the correct notes & very short after does something else just in the right key (which by the way is not improvised as it is always the same thing at each concerts), i have so many examples to prove it, always the same way to proceed.
if that band was a cover band i know many of us would hate the way solos are played, but as you said, as it is under the name of gnr (which is a shame) ppl forgive much more
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 02:53:06 PM by suzypi » Logged
GNVR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2006, 03:17:43 PM »

if that band was a cover band i know many of us would hate the way solos are played, but as you said, as it is under the name of gnr (which is a shame) ppl forgive much more

We'll said.  If another band tried to cover the song and the solo was off, ppl would rip it apart.  But since this is "Guns N' Roses", it makes it ok.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2006, 07:06:38 PM »

We'll said.? If another band tried to cover the song and the solo was off, ppl would rip it apart.? But since this is "Guns N' Roses", it makes it ok.

isn't that always the case, anyone that covers a gnr tune gets abused now if the solo is different by a new gnr member it's style Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: