Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:32:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler  (Read 20748 times)
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« on: August 01, 2006, 04:40:47 PM »

Well my last post was deleted ....that was good..because i went off pretty good.. rant

so now i?ll try to get my words out once again..so i?ll  say this...Steven Adler was and still is a great drummer..he made the appetitte album and he would have rocked the illusion?s..sure he messed up BIG TIME..but that doesn?t mean he?s still messing his life up..

as far as i know, he is doing great and got a new band and a new tour comming up...

And to all you who?s still calling him a fuckup even though you DON`T know him and NEVER met him....Go back to bed...  yes

Guns N Roses in time - ROCK`N ROLL , Peace out // Dennis  smoking

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 01:17:45 PM »

I understand that you are just trying to stir up shit.  Okay - but remember, you are defending someone you don't know. . . Additionally, what you know is incorrect.  Good try though!! 
GhettoBlaster
Opening Act

you are reading this sentence.

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 04:10:05 PM »

i'm going to see him tonight

i'll let you know how he does

I am not the devil; I only play His music.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 04:47:16 PM »

Well my last post was deleted ....that was good..because i went off pretty good.. rant

so now i?ll try to get my words out once again..so i?ll? say this...Steven Adler was and still is a great drummer..he made the appetitte album and he would have rocked the illusion?s..sure he messed up BIG TIME..but that doesn?t mean he?s still messing his life up..

as far as i know, he is doing great and got a new band and a new tour comming up...

And to all you who?s still calling him a fuckup even though you DON`T know him and NEVER met him....Go back to bed...? yes

Guns N Roses in time - ROCK`N ROLL , Peace out // Dennis? smoking

Ask the last group of Adler's Appetite members about how they got screwed over by Adler in Europe.  The guy is hopeless.  He's been on the stuff for too long and it's too late to change his problems now. Sadly I think Adler will end up a rock n roll casualty in a few years.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 05:49:12 PM »

I understand that you are just trying to stir up shit.? Okay - but remember, you are defending someone you don't know. . . Additionally, what you know is incorrect.? Good try though!!?

Well okay i don?t know him...but who does ? i mean nobody on this board knows him, and still throwing piles of shit at him..

and waht is inncorect ??..taht he made the AFD - album..well in one way he did..he grooved them up in a way matt sorum could never do ! 

thanks for understanding

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 05:59:22 PM »

bill213 - Yeah the same people who said " This guy ain?t no junkie, he is a great person and his sober " etc.....and funny that they now, when they are mad at him starts to talk shit about him..if that?s your source then..it?s so good...that had nothing to do with drugs..it was about money !

and for god sake he is not " on the stuff " he is clean !

but i know that steven is not a fucking saint..and he?s been having problems time after time again. but since 2001 he?s been on the right side !

But sadly iv?e heard some roumors about steven being a no - show on his current tour..and if that?s true..then i guess you will have the last laugh..since you hate him so mutch  ok...omg ..

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 07:28:27 PM »

bill213 - Yeah the same people who said " This guy ain?t no junkie, he is a great person and his sober " etc.....and funny that they now, when they are mad at him starts to talk shit about him..if that?s your source then..it?s so good...that had nothing to do with drugs..it was about money !

but i know that steven is not a fucking saint..and he?s been having problems time after time again. but since 2001 he?s been on the right side !

But sadly iv?e heard some roumors about steven being a no - show on his current tour..and if that?s true..then i guess you will have the last laugh..since you hate him so mutch? ok...omg ..

I'm not having any laughs at his expense.  I think it's totally sad at how he's gotten and he really needs his family and friends to help him out and by friends I don't mean that dipshit Adam Bomb.  Adler had a chance to do music on a small club level and make probably a decent living off of it, but he's blowing that.  I'm not 1 bit happy to see him pissing his self away down a toilet, I'd like to see him do great things and if that's leaving the rock world and having to stay away from drugs I'd be all for it.  Whatever helps him.  It's just you have to realize, these "stories" are from his own bandmates that got stranded without money because he took it....to buy drugs.  So drugs were involved. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 08:10:45 PM »

The guy is a fuck up. He can play drums well but seriously, has he made anything actually work for him in the last 15 years? Professionally or personally?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 08:17:08 PM »

The guy is a fuck up. He can play drums well but seriously, has he made anything actually work for him in the last 15 years? Professionally or personally?

No and that's why the last thing he should be out there doing is touring and living the life.  He should be as far away from that as possible until his habits are kicked and he has support from the people around him to help him when he decides to tour again.

Mr_Brownstone16
Headliner

I don't kiss ass to anyone

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 10:15:33 PM »

Adler will be dead within 6 months. Hung out with him in Gaithersburg, MD Sat night. He was doing lines on the bus. He is definately not sober. He isn't even drinking alcohol anymore........'cause he is so gacked out. It was his 2nd night on the FP tour, cause he missed the 1st dates..........after being in rehab. Well........only time will tell the next few days. I doubt he will last another 2 weeks on the tour. It's THE WORST I've ever seen him. He was totally gracious though. It's like talking to an 80 year old  old man. Sad.
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 07:08:41 AM »

Adler will be dead within 6 months. Hung out with him in Gaithersburg, MD Sat night. He was doing lines on the bus. He is definately not sober. He isn't even drinking alcohol anymore........'cause he is so gacked out. It was his 2nd night on the FP tour, cause he missed the 1st dates..........after being in rehab. Well........only time will tell the next few days. I doubt he will last another 2 weeks on the tour. It's THE WORST I've ever seen him. He was totally gracious though. It's like talking to an 80 year old? old man. Sad.

interesting...well i should check up with a close friend to him..to see if he confirmes it....but even if he?s jacked up on drugs now, i still say that he was sober from 2000  -2005 and that?s a fact i know for sure ! but that doesn?t matter at all..but still..people say that he?s been fucking up the last 15 years..but that is not true..but he?s been fucking up for sure !

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 07:56:54 AM »

so now i?ll try to get my words out once again..so i?ll? say this...Steven Adler was and still is a great drummer..he made the appetitte album and he would have rocked the illusion?s..sure he messed up BIG TIME..but that doesn?t mean he?s still messing his life up..

And to all you who?s still calling him a fuckup even though you DON`T know him and NEVER met him....Go back to bed...? yes

Guns N Roses in time - ROCK`N ROLL , Peace out // Dennis? smoking

didnt steven get injured in his wrist for trying to inject coke??

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 10:00:13 AM »

no

Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 10:04:51 AM »

Are you related to Steven Adler in some way or just a big fan?
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2006, 10:08:39 AM »

I don't think they made up shit when they stopped getting money, I think they stopped pretending to like him when they stopped getting money.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
GhettoBlaster
Opening Act

you are reading this sentence.

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2006, 10:39:46 AM »

i saw adler's appetite last night.
if you didn't know, the current line-up is adler, chip z'nuff (bass), and three guys from bang tango: joe leste, mark simpson, and whoever their new rhythm guitarist is, some younger guy who looks right out of good charlotte.

anyway, bang tango played first, and within a half hour, AA was set up and ready to go.

adler looked pretty strung-out. it was actually pretty shocking how grizzled he looked, but he was all smiles and seemed to be having a great time.
i couldn't tell if he was high, or if he just looks like that permanently now, but i am all too familiar with the signs of class A drug use, and it did not seem like adler was sober.

his drumming was so-so, solid but nothing spectacular.
i was right up front, and he wasn't hitting that hard, and also some songs the tempo kind of dragged.
i honestly expected him to not even show up, so the fact that he isn't as good as he used to be didn't matter too much, it was just really cool to see the infamous steven adler playing drums 5 feet away from me.
but i felt it was a really good set. it felt more like a party atmosphere than a performance that you're supposed to take seriously, and i think that is the ideal vibe for AA.
mark simpson is a great guitarist, and joe leste handles the axl vocals capably.
i also give the bang tango guys credit for playing two back-to-back sets and still delivering the goods.

chip z'nuff seemed a bit out of place, and the other guitar player looked kind of nervous, and was watching mark simpsons hands a lot for the changes.

before "my michelle," leste said "this is a song about a girl me and steven used to know... seriously, it's true!!"

these are just my observations, i'm not trying to slag the guy or anything... it was a decent show.
but IMO, adler's appetite would be a much better GnR cover band if they had a different drummer. i don't mean to sound shitty, but i think people (myself included) are so psyched to see adler live in person that they are willing to look past the fact the the guy cannot play that well anymore.

anyway, here is the set list:

it's so easy
nighttrain
my michelle
mr. brownstone
knockin' on heaven's door
rocket queen
welcome to the jungle

encore:
IRS
better
patience (with izzy stradlin)

i am totally kidding about the encore. Wink
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 10:41:22 AM by GhettoBlaster » Logged

I am not the devil; I only play His music.
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2006, 11:20:49 AM »

thanks for the infomation..naaw steven is not that good but he?s still got the groove..

but AA should get some songs of their own..i mean..they recorded an EP last year so..

thank good he?s not a no - show

Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 11:26:17 AM »

Are you related to Steven Adler in some way or just a big fan?

Fan...why`?..does it seems to you like i think i know everything ?..well..i don?t but i know a awful lot of things about him and his personal life..and i know that he got sober in 199 and then again in 2001..but the last 6 months..has been a big question..is he sober, is he dead etc  Tongue

Are you related to him  or just a really mean person WinkWink  confused ??

pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2006, 12:42:40 PM »

If Steven is doing coke again, if you go by his long history of drug use, he will start using crack and heroin shortly thereafter.  He always seems to start out with a line or two and then just falls off the wagon completely. 

I am really beginning to feel sorry for him and his inability to overcome his demons.  It is a shame, cuz when he is sober he is a charming and charismatic guy. 

And by the way Adler-Sorum-Brain, I did know Steven and my information is from my personal relationship with him, not from gossip - a book, magazine, newspaper or the internet

Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2006, 05:53:18 PM »

If Steven is doing coke again, if you go by his long history of drug use, he will start using crack and heroin shortly thereafter.  He always seems to start out with a line or two and then just falls off the wagon completely. 

I am really beginning to feel sorry for him and his inability to overcome his demons.  It is a shame, cuz when he is sober he is a charming and charismatic guy. 

And by the way Adler-Sorum-Brain, I did know Steven and my information is from my personal relationship with him, not from gossip - a book, magazine, newspaper or the internet

Yeah it?s true..that?s way he shouldn?t  use it at all !..well the guy had it for a while..pictures of him from 1999 - 2001 shows a clean guy..i thought he was sober atm..and i still think he is...but you never know..the reason i started this topic is because everyone just toss in the same old garbage like " he is a junkie a fucking loser "..and i mean..junkie is one thing ( even if that question is not confirmed yet) but loser ??.. I mean the guy played drums on AFD..that thing is bigger than anything , anyone one this board will ever do..right ?!?!
and his back behined the drums and that?s good..aren?t anyone glad for him ??

When did you know him btw ?..cool

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: