Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:30:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Ledger's Joker to take on Batman
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ledger's Joker to take on Batman  (Read 21231 times)
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2007, 12:50:46 AM »

I love The Batman. Always have. Here's how I rank it (so far):

Batman Returns (Hands down. Burton's Batman wasn't the comic book Batman, it was Burton's Batman. That's why he killed. He was a fucked up, sociopathic, gothic nightmare.)
Batman (Started it all, didn't it?)
Batman Begins (Loved it. Best action movie in ages. But my nostalgiac allegiance is to Burton. This was a better made and smarter film than Burton's first Batman.)
Batman Forever (Val Kilmer's actually a fantastic actor and shows through the ridiculous suit as best he can. He shines as Bruce Wayne, but the movie is too flawed in too many ways to hold in any seriousness.)
Batman & Robin (Not a bad movie mind you, just really something that should stand more on its own than at the tail end of a series that started with a completely opposite intent. Take it for what it is. It's not a bad movie.)

That all said, I can't wait for The Dark Knight. I expect it'll eclipse Batman Begins in the minds of many a fan. I hope some of the rumors I've been hearing about Bale's new duds are true (if you're not up-to-date on that, that's your fault). Crispin Glover's long been my favorite actor, actually. I immediately connected him to the Joker upon Nolan's re-imagining of the mythos. But he was sadly looked over, oh well. The fanboys need to stop bitching. I have faith in Nolan. Bale was inspired casting, and he pulled off Liam Neeson as Ra's al Ghul (to an extent).
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2007, 01:34:16 AM »

i think the joker looks cool,  i like the scars on the side of his mouth and the sloppy make-up job,  he looks like a total psycho-  the next step is seeing how his acting as the joker is i suppose.   
i'm also curious to see the new bat-suit looks too,  from what i heard it will probably be the coolest one.
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2007, 01:35:19 AM »

He looks like Kakihara. Well, that's the obvious conclusion. I'm sure a lot of people'll see that based on the pic.
GeraldFord
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2007, 04:52:42 AM »

Batman and Robin was fucking awful. George Clooney has told fans that he will refund their money to any fan that asks him.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2007, 12:57:56 PM »

this isnt going to be a remake of the 1989 film....i dont know why you think it is...the only thing the two have in common is that the Joker is in it.....thats it.....the joker is his main enemy why wouldnt they put him in one of the movies?

Batman v Joker....AGAIN.....not a remake?

ORLY

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2007, 01:19:31 PM »

this isnt going to be a remake of the 1989 film....i dont know why you think it is...the only thing the two have in common is that the Joker is in it.....thats it.....the joker is his main enemy why wouldnt they put him in one of the movies?

ORLY

well being that these are completely different interpretations of Batman and Joker, no, its not a remake. not at all.

look at all the comic books with Batman and Joker, would u consider them all ripping off the first person who introduced the joker? hell no. all of those have different takes and interpretations of Batman and the joker too.

by the way, i sill love the animated series that was on fox during the 90's. Batman: The ANimated Series i think it was called, awesome awesome stuff. like it wasnt geared towards kids, the episodes were creative and not formulaic at all. i actually had the opportunity to watch all of them recently and they are still just as good.

they were so popular that warner bro. decieded to make a theatrical release based on the animated series called Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. which was just amazing!! at the time many critics said it was the best batman movie/interpretation out there, including the live actions ones!!

i still own it, good stuff. Mark Hamill(luke skywaker) is actually the voice of the Joker in it and he does a fantastic job.

i can still say that the Batman/Bruce Wayne from the animated series is the definitive Batman for me. although the one in Batman Begins would be a very close second.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 01:21:03 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2007, 01:24:23 PM »

I believe Heath legder will do Something different with the Character Than the jack nicholson do.
Hell, maybe we can watch Batman and Joker first love Scene's ever.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2007, 04:07:48 PM »

ORLY

do you even know what a remake is??
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2007, 04:59:28 PM »

ORLY

do you even know what a remake is??

No confused

....moving on

we have already SEEN this film, okay so the plot this time will be even more irrelevant, the explosions will be bigger and its 3 hr running time will be full of MORE cliches....

...but Batman vs a pantomine escapee? We've seen it!

Give us new villians!

Everyone will leave that film going 'oh this guy was so much better than Jack Nicholson' or 'that guy sucked, Jack was way better!'

whats the point? Flogging a dead horse perhaps? Milking a franchise?

If they cant think up ONE new villian then i'm guessing creativity isnt going to be exactly flowing on set

The sequal is all set to feature Batman against Two-Face - havent we seen that before too?

''just change the Batmobile, have a new Butler....and present it all as new - hurrah genius, another 5 sequals!''

Maybe they could keep this going every 20 years or so?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 05:01:38 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2007, 05:02:31 PM »

o man, i give up with u Izzy.

The Two Face we have seen was a one dimensional, campy, carbon copy of the riddler.

this new two face will be way different.

since he was the district attorney after all, so we'lll also see his tranformation into two-face as well.?

and this joker will be COMPLETELY different than jack nicholson's with a totally different plot.

and ur missing the point in general, this Batman and gotham and all the characters are COMPELETELY DIFFERENT from Burton's nightmarish Gothic take.

Nolan is using a much more realistic approach and is abandoning Burton's gothic imagery and dark murdering Batman as well as Shumacher's campy nonsense.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 05:07:15 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2007, 05:08:00 PM »

yeah great idea Izzy...lets leave out the best villian of the entire Batman series...brilliant....why? oh because there was another Batman movie in 1989 that is part of a completely DIFFERENT franchise!! there was a Batman movie made in the late 60's that had the joker, catwoman. the penguin, and the riddler in it....are those characters off limits too???  by your logic 1989 Batman was a remake of the 60's movie, because the Joker was in it.....you make no sense....
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2007, 05:10:43 PM »

Nolan is using a much more realistic approach and is abandoning Burton's gothic imagery and dark Batman as well as Shumacher's campy nonsense.

in....deed? That ol' microwave gun springs to mind....realism indeed

remind me...what was the plot of Batman Begins? Man...er.......gets.....suit.....er.....Batman!

In 10 years time we can all decide that this version isnt orthodox enough and start again! Horrah!

We've managed to get every film this summer to end in ''3'' - to think in 10 years time we wont have a single film left that isnt on its 8th sequal!!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2007, 05:14:05 PM »

yeah great idea Izzy...lets leave out the best villian of the entire Batman series...brilliant....why? oh because there was another Batman movie in 1989 that is part of a completely DIFFERENT franchise!! there was a Batman movie made in the late 60's that had the joker, catwoman. the penguin, and the riddler in it....are those characters off limits too?Huh by your logic 1989 Batman was a remake of the 60's movie, because the Joker was in it.....you make no sense....

Hey dont cry,

Do you think i should go see Batman 6? Or should i wait till the next time they do Batman vs the Joker? Do be warned, i dont think i can wait the necessery 5 years.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2007, 05:32:04 PM »

okay lets try this again...

THE MOVIE IS BASED ON A COMIC!!!!

name one comic book movie that doesnt have some kind of outrageous element that would not make sense in real life?

the microwave thing u keep talking about is nothing compared to some of the crazy shit that has gone down in the other Batman movies.

and Izzy,? u can suspend ur disbelief in Rocky movies but superhero/comic movies u are so hard on and analyze like crazy.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2007, 05:38:28 PM »

Well, I like this Batman better than Burton's (and I loved Burton's version of Batman).

Call me crazy but I do.

Christian Bale is way better than all previous actors.

But let's not forget that it's all about taste. I like it, you don't. Fine with me.

Oh, and Joker is a classic villain in the Batman saga. They can't just leave him out...

Also don't forget that they took the story from the very beginning and started it all over again in a very different style. So they can't leave Joker out of the story...

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2007, 05:49:34 PM »

^yeah, it seems like they are in a lose/lose situation.

if they leave him out, people will bitch that Batmans number one archenemy isnt around.

if they include Joker, then there are people like izzy who flip out and think its a remake, not to mention the unavoidable comparisons to Jack Nicholson.

i really dont have a problem with it, i mean Nicholson's joker was different thatn Cesar Romero's campy portrayal in the 60's film, and i'm sure Ledger's joker will be differnet and cool in his own way.

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2007, 07:47:26 PM »

we have already SEEN this film, okay so the plot this time will be even more irrelevant, the explosions will be bigger and its 3 hr running time will be full of MORE cliches....

...but Batman vs a pantomine escapee? We've seen it!

Give us new villians!

Everyone will leave that film going 'oh this guy was so much better than Jack Nicholson' or 'that guy sucked, Jack was way better!'

whats the point? Flogging a dead horse perhaps? Milking a franchise?

If they cant think up ONE new villian then i'm guessing creativity isnt going to be exactly flowing on set

The sequal is all set to feature Batman against Two-Face - havent we seen that before too?

''just change the Batmobile, have a new Butler....and present it all as new - hurrah genius, another 5 sequals!''

Maybe they could keep this going every 20 years or so?

That made me think about the new GN'R a bit.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2007, 12:06:29 AM »

I like where the new Batman series is going. I really liked Batman Begins and can't wait to see how the next one turns out. I liked Burtons versions but i think this one is better so far.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2007, 12:16:50 AM »

I like where the new Batman series is going. I really liked Batman Begins and can't wait to see how the next one turns out. I liked Burtons versions but i think this one is better so far.

no offense, but i really have no clue why people love the tim burton batman movies so much.  the first one was barely ok and the 2nd one, with the penguin, my god, that movie makes a bowl of turds look like an academy award winner.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2007, 01:12:33 AM »

no offense, but i really have no clue why people love the tim burton batman movies so much.  the first one was barely ok and the 2nd one, with the penguin, my god, that movie makes a bowl of turds look like an academy award winner.

I don't know i've just always liked his style of movies.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: