Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:38:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227798 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pearl Jam
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pearl Jam  (Read 246972 times)
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2003, 10:19:34 PM »

Pearl Jam has set up protocol for the next run of live bootleg CDs from its forthcoming world tour, which kicks off in Brisbane, Australia on February 8. The first 15 shows have been made available at a special price of $12.98 per CD through the band's fanclub, Ten Club. Those wanting the bootlegs who are not fanclub members can purchase the discs at $14.98 a pop, reports Billboard. More will be made available for pre-order as the dates unfold and each leg draws near.

Although there has been no word as to the retail release of the discs, fans do not have to wait a long time to sink their teeth into them. An MP3 of the requested show will be available through the Internet the day after the ordered show via a secure web link. The CDs of the requested shows will arrive in fans' hands within 7 to 10 business days

They have 4 dates in PA.  Cheesy   [beer]

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
jmv_cure
Banned
VIP

The Great One

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2003, 12:23:46 PM »

Hey,
  I am not a huge Pearl Jam fan, but, have yet to see them live. If I went to one of these concerts do you think they would play "Go", "Animal", or "Rearview Mirror." I also like "The Brain of Jfk", and "Spin the Black Circle." I never really liked Ten, but, thought 5 against 1 was the best album. Let me know if you think they will do some of those songs I mentioned.
                        -Justin [peace]
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2003, 12:33:43 PM »

It's really difficult to say what they're gonna play since they have no setlist. They change the songs each night.

We'll see what they play over in Australia and Japan....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2003, 02:47:34 PM »

for whoever was asking about yellow ledbetter, theres an official live version released on the daughter single. its a pretty good version but not as good as some later bootlegs

anyhow heres some more info about the song from www.lukin.com you should all check out this site

"so what is yellow ledbetter really about?"

Yellow Ledbetter was written by Mike (can you hear the Jimi Hendrix tribute?), Jeff, and Eddie. It can be found on the "Jeremy" single and a live version can be found on the "Daughter" single. This is another song that people ask what its meaning is and what the heck the lyrics are. NO ONE but the band really knows what the meaning of this song is or what the title refers to. Heck, we don't even know what Eddie is singing on it! Like a lot of Pearl Jam songs, it's pretty much open to your own interpretation. The song book has what we think is a good guess to the lyrics but again who knows. The Japanese CD single with "Yellow Ledbetter" also has some lyrics on it but they don't seem to fit with what Eddie is singing. All we know is that there is a porch where people don't wave, someone doesn't want to stay and there's a box or a bag somewhere. Eddie also tends to improvise the song's lyrics when Pearl Jam plays it live. So again, the best thing to do is sit back, absorb and enjoy the beautiful, haunting music. Don't drive yourself crazy by analyzing it for its true meaning. Find out what it means to you.

this is a good site for fans and new pearl jam likers. check it out if interested

once again www.lukin.com

I was the one asking about this song...thanks for the info. but I keep wqondering why this song wasn't on a record and why it was only a b side since it's so good even if Eddie doesn't really sing. This song live is awesome...I own one of the italy bootlegs and it's really cool.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
GNFNRS
Bush-lover
Rocker

Yes, evil does have it's honest side and it's called Slash

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2003, 07:27:33 PM »

Hey,
  I am not a huge Pearl Jam fan, but, have yet to see them live. If I went to one of these concerts do you think they would play "Go", "Animal", or "Rearview Mirror." I also like "The Brain of Jfk", and "Spin the Black Circle." I never really liked Ten, but, thought 5 against 1 was the best album. Let me know if you think they will do some of those songs I mentioned.
                        -Justin [peace]

I am a huge Pearl Jam fan but i have never heard of the album "5 against 1."  Is this a bootleg or something?  Or are you referring to "Vs" Huh Undecided

We're just jerk-offs like everybody else
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2003, 07:32:10 PM »

Five Against One was the original title for VS.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jmv_cure
Banned
VIP

The Great One

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2003, 07:32:50 PM »

Hey,
                        -Justin [peace]

I am a huge Pearl Jam fan but i have never heard of the album "5 against 1."  Is this a bootleg or something?  Or are you referring to "Vs" Huh Undecided

Well,
  I think after the first week they changed the name of the album. My vinyl copy of the album says "5 against 1" on it. So, thats what I have always called the album. People are always like what are you talking about.
                                                       -Justin [peace]
GNFNRS
Bush-lover
Rocker

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2003, 08:00:09 PM »

That's pretty cool.  I never knew that.  Anyone know why they changed the name?

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2003, 03:58:44 PM »

not a fan myself but i'd thought id let you know that Idlewild have been confirmed to support them on the US tour.

Idlewild have also supported Coldplay recently in Europe and England and are a good solid support band IMO

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
GNFNRS
Bush-lover
Rocker

« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2003, 11:24:03 AM »

The Buzzcocks are also opening some shows.  I have never heard of them.  Does anyone know what they are like?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2003, 11:24:40 AM by GNFNRS » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2003, 08:48:26 AM »

The Australian tour starts in less than a week. Cheesy

It'll be interesting to see what songs they're doing on this tour.

/jarmo

TJENZLXV
Headliner

Keep on rockin' in the freeworld!

« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2003, 02:05:28 PM »

The Buzzcocks are also opening some shows.  I have never heard of them.  Does anyone know what they are like?

Buzzcocks are punk.  Great band!

That's what the Internet is for, slandering others anonymously.
Lose Your Illusions
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2003, 09:39:32 PM »

I just bought the Montreal 2000 concert cd

its a great concert, I'd reccomend it

of the girl live is the best thing in the world. the guitar is fucking amazing
GnR_Faery
Opening Act

Femme Fatale

« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2003, 09:07:10 AM »

*Slinks back into the HTGTH MB* Hi everyone. I keep checking the Rumour Pit on the Synergy site, but has anyone heard any rumours  of any European shows either before or following the US tour?

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons...for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2003, 11:10:24 AM »

I think an European tour is just wishful thinking at this point. Sad

The only rumors I've heard are about them playing a few dates to make up for the cancelled ones in 2000 (after Roskilde). But that might also be wishful thinking from some fans.

It sucks, but I guess it's Australia's turn this time. We had them over here in 2000.

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2003, 09:23:55 PM »

japan too i don't think they've ever been there
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2003, 06:43:48 AM »

japan too i don't think they've ever been there

I think they toured there in the mid-90s.

First show of the tour is tonight in Brisbane, Australia. Smiley

/jarmo

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2003, 07:19:34 AM »

I have this CD and don't know much about pearl jam anyone have any songs to reccommend?

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Chris Misfit
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2003, 07:28:53 AM »

Manchester Punk band. Most famous song was Orgasm Addict. A bit of a hit back in the day.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2003, 06:21:33 PM »

i'd highly recommend any song on ten and versus for someone wanting to check them out 2 great albums with great songs
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: