Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:35:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pearl Jam
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pearl Jam  (Read 247116 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #960 on: July 13, 2010, 12:02:23 PM »

PEARL JAM Plays Last Show For 'A Long Time' - July 13, 2010
PEARL JAM reportedly told a crowd at a music festival in Portugal over the weekend that the band has played its "last gig" for a long time, according to NME.com. During the Optimus Alive! 10 event in Lisbon on Sunday night (July 11), singer Eddie Vedder read a few words off a sheet of paper in Portuguese in which he said, "Thank you for coming to our last show. Not our last ever, but our last in a long time."

The band played the rest of its 24-song set without Vedder saying anything further about the hiatus.

The festival concluded a run of European dates for the veteran Seattle band, which was preceded by a lengthy stretch of North American concerts in support of their ninth album, "Backspacer".

PEARL JAM drummer Matt Cameron will join his original band, SOUNDGARDEN, for a reunion show at next month's Lollapalooza festival in Chicago, with more shows expected to be confirmed.

PEARL JAM guitarist Stone Gossard's band BRAD is releasing a new album, called "Best Friends?", on August 10.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=142914&
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #961 on: July 14, 2010, 10:53:49 AM »

^^

Pearl Jam Publicist Says Eddie Vedder's Remarks About the Band's Last Show "In A Long Time" Are Nothing Serious

By Chris Kornelis, Mon., Jul. 12 2010

As we reported this morning, Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder told the crowd at Lisbon's Optimus Alive festival Sunday night: "Thank you for coming to our last show. Not our last ever, but our last in a long time." But despite the ominous proclamation, longtime Pearl Jam publicist Nicole Vandenberg tells us in an email that it's nothing serious. "He says that at the end of all tours, because the tour has ended. The remark may have gotten a little lost in translation."

Pearl Jam doesn't have any shows lined up at the moment, and Vandenberg did not elaborate on any of the band's future plans, or whether they had finished their support of last November's September's record, Backspacer.

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/2010/07/pearl_jam_publicist_says_eddie_1.php

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #962 on: July 14, 2010, 06:03:07 PM »

They need to stop snubbing the south and southwest united states. They haven't been to these places in 7 years.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #963 on: August 30, 2010, 06:02:42 AM »

Eddie Vedder and Johnny Depp - Society

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcgtTrMBMEU

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
domi
Kashmir
Rocker

Vae Victis!

« Reply #964 on: August 30, 2010, 06:16:33 AM »

I like it and Mr Depp is probably the most handsome guy on the planet. Smiley

Omne ius hominum causa constitutum.
(Hermogenian, D. 1,5,2)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #965 on: September 02, 2010, 01:15:52 PM »

Video of Eddie Vedder on Larry King last night discussing the West Memphis Three:

Eddie Vedder Has '100 Percent Belief' in the West Memphis Three's Innocence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPHIWSafulQ

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #966 on: September 02, 2010, 03:58:27 PM »

Video of Eddie Vedder on Larry King last night discussing the West Memphis Three:

Eddie Vedder Has '100 Percent Belief' in the West Memphis Three's Innocence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPHIWSafulQ

I've watched so much stuff on that and to be honest.. i personally think they are guilty.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #967 on: September 02, 2010, 05:17:52 PM »

Youve watched so much stuff?  You realize that there was no evidence, right?  None.  At all.  And the DNA found at the scene was from a step-father of one of the kids.  What could you have possibly watched that makes you think they are guilty?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #968 on: September 02, 2010, 07:08:18 PM »

I've watched so much stuff on that and to be honest.. i personally think they are guilty.

Youve watched so much stuff?  You realize that there was no evidence, right?  None.  At all.  And the DNA found at the scene was from a step-father of one of the kids.  What could you have possibly watched that makes you think they are guilty?

He watched a bootie of the GNR show where Axl was wearing the FREE THE MEMPHIS THREE tee!!!  What more evidence do you need?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #969 on: September 02, 2010, 08:15:11 PM »

i watched all the documentaries, read about it for hours online.

how can one guy kill 3 kids?

u dont think the other 2 would run?

I think most people on here only think they are innocent because of celebrities which is kinda sad and pathetic.

Johnny Depp is my favorite actor of all time, long before he was Jack Sparrow and just cause he says so doesn't make me believe it.

i think they are guilty.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 08:20:02 PM by D » Logged

crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #970 on: September 02, 2010, 09:19:38 PM »

How can one guy kill 3 kids?  Thats your reason?  You just answered your own question.  They were kids.  Also, just because you dont think that one guy could have done it, you DO think that 3 kids are guilty of doing it? Even without ANY evidence?  The WM3 were singled out, and THEN the police created a case against them out of nothing. .  Thats the bottom line.  There was NOTHING to lead anyone to suspect the WM3.
     Ive been following this case for a long time, and have been to some benefits in support of it.  Long before a lot of the celebs were backing the case.  I know you and I have gone back and forth on some things we disagree on on these boards, D.  Stupid things like the NBA.  I dont want you to think thats what this is about.  I  am genuinely always trying to get the word out on this case.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #971 on: September 03, 2010, 07:37:00 AM »

problem is , there is no proof they DIDN't do it either

Misskelly confessed. people can say that he is slow,retarded or whatever but what about the bottle he threw away and it was found in the general vicinity of where he said it was thrown?

so don't say, they arrested these guys for nothing. when u question them and one of the parties confesses... i mean that then turns into a pretty damn good reason to hold the suspects. Just because someone is slow doesn't mean they are lying.

the biggest bunch of horseshit ive seen is the stepfather's DNA... hello, the kid is gonna pick up DNA on his clothes if he lives with someone. it isn't like the stepfather's DNA was spread all over the crime scene.

and u say that one man could kill three kids cause they were "kids" yeah with a gun, but no way he could hold 2 kids and stop them from running while killing one and so on. someone would've gotten away

3 victims, 3 teenagers... math adds up and for me is way more plausible than one adult.

when i see interviews with Damien, he just chills my blood.. something just seems off about that guy.

im telling u crow,that i have researched this, i've read extensively, watched the docs.. so don't think i am just saying it to be saying it. upon examining everything and reading what i've read, i think the right people are in prison. now if certain evidence comes to light that says otherwise.. i will change my mind. what we have to go on right now.. i think they are guilty. I respect those opinions that think otherwise, i invite u to change my mind. one thing i am on these forums is open minded. Im not one of these people who has a closed mind. i generally see both sides of an argument and can weigh that against the other.

Here is the great thread we have on the forum. lots of good points both ways.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59957.msg1256602#msg1256602
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 07:44:01 AM by D » Logged

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #972 on: September 03, 2010, 11:11:43 AM »

Misskelly confessed. people can say that he is slow,retarded or whatever but what about the bottle he threw away and it was found in the general vicinity of where he said it was thrown?

so don't say, they arrested these guys for nothing. when u question them and one of the parties confesses... i mean that then turns into a pretty damn good reason to hold the suspects. Just because someone is slow doesn't mean they are lying.

the biggest bunch of horseshit ive seen is the stepfather's DNA... hello, the kid is gonna pick up DNA on his clothes if he lives with someone. it isn't like the stepfather's DNA was spread all over the crime scene.

and u say that one man could kill three kids cause they were "kids" yeah with a gun, but no way he could hold 2 kids and stop them from running while killing one and so on. someone would've gotten away

3 victims, 3 teenagers... math adds up and for me is way more plausible than one adult.

when i see interviews with Damien, he just chills my blood.. something just seems off about that guy.

im telling u crow,that i have researched this, i've read extensively, watched the docs.. so don't think i am just saying it to be saying it. upon examining everything and reading what i've read, i think the right people are in prison. now if certain evidence comes to light that says otherwise.. i will change my mind. what we have to go on right now.. i think they are guilty. I respect those opinions that think otherwise, i invite u to change my mind. one thing i am on these forums is open minded. Im not one of these people who has a closed mind. i generally see both sides of an argument and can weigh that against the other.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59957.msg1256602#msg1256602
I'm with you on this one D.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #973 on: September 03, 2010, 11:18:57 AM »

Picked up Vitalogy for ?1.50 yesterday, bargain!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #974 on: September 03, 2010, 11:45:09 AM »

KillingVector does an awesome job presenting the guilty side. this has been turned into like some redneck town hating on long hairedrock n rollers. damien echols had documented mental and aggressive problems. Misskelly told the cops stuff that even they didn't know and told them stuff that was never released in the press. People hear that he liked CD, and Axl weas a  shirt, and Johnny depp and eddie vedder support them and through hero worship they will ignore facts about the casethat are just indisputable.

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #975 on: September 03, 2010, 11:08:26 PM »

KillingVector does an awesome job presenting the guilty side. this has been turned into like some redneck town hating on long hairedrock n rollers. damien echols had documented mental and aggressive problems. Misskelly told the cops stuff that even they didn't know and told them stuff that was never released in the press. People hear that he liked CD, and Axl weas a  shirt, and Johnny depp and eddie vedder support them and through hero worship they will ignore facts about the casethat are just indisputable.
I remember watching an HBO special on these bozo's and the evidence of guilt was overwhelming.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #976 on: October 22, 2010, 09:47:43 PM »

http://www.sirius.com/pearljamradio

NEW CHANNEL: PEARL JAM RADIO
Celebrate the 20th anniversary of Pearl Jam’s first public performance on Pearl Jam Radio, a new 24/7 channel featuring archival concerts, rarities, unreleased material, interviews and more. The channel will launch on Friday, October 22 at 6 pm ET with a special airing of Pearl Jam’s 10th anniversary concert recorded on October 22, 2000, in Las Vegas. Plus, the launch day special will showcase rarely heard highlights from the band’s very first performance on October 22, 1990 at Off Ramp Caf? in Seattle.

Pearl Jam Radio will also feature archival concerts from Pearl Jam’s celebrated career, plus unreleased material from the group’s personal music library and side projects, including solo and pre-Pearl Jam music. Additionally, listeners will be invited to participate in the weekly interactive show The All Encompassing Trip, a fan roundtable hosted by Tim Bierman, manager of Pearl Jam’s official fan club, Ten Club, and longtime Pearl Jam enthusiast and radio veteran Rob Bleetstein.

As of 10/22 at 6 pm ET, Pearl Jam Radio can be heard:
• On your radio at SIRIUS Ch. 17 and XM Ch. 39
• Online at SIR Ch. 813 and XMRO Ch. 92

Jam_ON moves to:
• On your radio at SIRIUS Ch. 81 and XM Ch. 56
• Online at SIR Ch. 17 and XMRO Ch. 56

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
fear the juggalo 2
Rocker

« Reply #977 on: October 23, 2010, 01:26:55 AM »

weither you think they are guilty or not, the problem is the justice system failed. if there is any reasonable doubt, then you can not convict. & in this case there is alot of reasonable doubt. take the o.j case, as much as people think he did it. the verdict was correct. like it or not, our justice system worked in the o.j case, but in the wm3 case it did not. they need to be re-tried.  so weither you think they are guilty is fine, but our system failed, & at the least a new trial is the right thing 2 do!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #978 on: November 10, 2010, 06:16:13 PM »

http://www.undercover.fm/news/12690-pearl-jam-celebrate-twentieth-anniversary-with-another-live-album

Pearl Jam Celebrate Twentieth Anniversary With Another Live Album
By Andrew Tijs
Yesterday at 5:34pm (Tue, 09 Nov 2010 17:34:15 +1100)

Has it really been twenty years? Pearl Jam add to their exhaustive live catalogue with ‘Live On Ten Legs’.

It’s effectively a follow-up to their first live album called Live On Two Legs, which was released in 1998.

Live On Ten Legs features eighteen tracks recorded by their tour engineer John Burton and mixed by their long-time engineer Brett Eliason.

The tracks span seven years of world tours, culminating in 2010’s majestic Hyde Park show.

It’ll be available in CD, digital and deluxe box set versions.

The box set includes a CD, double LP, four posters, five live photos, and a snappy tour laminate so you can pretend you were backstage.

Live On Ten Legs will be released through Universal on January 21, 2011.

Tracklisting
1. Arms Aloft
2. World Wide Suicide
3. Animal
4. Got Some
5. State of Love And Trust
6. I Am Mine
7. Unthought Known
8. Rearview Mirror
9. The Fixer
10. Nothing As It Seems
11. In Hiding
12. Just Breathe
13. Jeremy
14. Public Image (Public Image Ltd cover)
15. Spin the Black Circle
16. Porch
17. Alive
18. Yellow Ledbetter

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #979 on: November 11, 2010, 03:06:33 AM »

Could've picked a few better songs.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: