Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:50:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Anyone saw Greatest Metal Songs on VH1 Europe today,or yesterday?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone saw Greatest Metal Songs on VH1 Europe today,or yesterday?  (Read 6097 times)
zqyx79
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: August 06, 2006, 11:54:18 AM »

I saw only a little :

9-FNM -Epic
8 Guns n' Roses -Don't Cry
7-Offspring Self Esteem
6 -RATM -Killing in the name
5 Pearl Jam- Even Flow
4 Bon Jovi-In these arms
3_RHCP-Otherside
2-Metallica-Enter Sandman
1 Nirvana-Come as you are

Anyone saw more?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 12:07:31 PM »

Didn't see it but that sounds like a pretty shitty list.  Most of those songs aren't even close to being metal.  I saw a Greatest Metal Songs on VH1 a couple months back and WTTJ and Paradise City were both on it.  I think Jungle was #2, Paradise City was #20 or so.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sleepin
Headliner

livin' like a lemon ain't so hot

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 12:11:51 PM »

PC was #21, WTTJ #2 and the #1 song were Iron Man... Sebastian were also the tv-host.
zqyx79
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 12:19:59 PM »

Didn't see it but that sounds like a pretty shitty list.  Most of those songs aren't even close to being metal.  I saw a Greatest Metal Songs on VH1 a couple months back and WTTJ and Paradise City were both on it.  I think Jungle was #2, Paradise City was #20 or so.

VH1 Europe?  Yesterday was the same list like today,so anyone saw this?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 12:21:15 PM »

Nope. thanks for the info.

I find it funny that many songs/bands on the list are not very metal.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 01:30:13 PM »

Didn't see it but that sounds like a pretty shitty list.? Most of those songs aren't even close to being metal.? I saw a Greatest Metal Songs on VH1 a couple months back and WTTJ and Paradise City were both on it.? I think Jungle was #2, Paradise City was #20 or so.

VH1 Europe?? Yesterday was the same list like today,so anyone saw this?

No the one I saw was just VH1.  Europe seems to have an odd definition of metal.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 01:48:26 PM »

I saw only a little :

9-FNM -Epic
7-Offspring Self Esteem
5 Pearl Jam- Even Flow
4 Bon Jovi-In these arms
3_RHCP-Otherside

Anyone saw more?

I could understand why people would assume that RHCP is not metal, but on the album Mothers Milk especially its a mix of funk and metal.  However otherside as a song is not metal.  Neither is Nirvana, that is grunge.  And Bon Jovi never will be metal.  FNM is alternative.  Pearl Jam isn't really metal either.  The Offspring is punk.

So i guess the only metal songs on that list are GNR's Dont Cry(although its not really heavy) Killing in the Name and Enter Sandman.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 02:01:11 PM »

I saw only a little :

9-FNM -Epic
7-Offspring Self Esteem
5 Pearl Jam- Even Flow
4 Bon Jovi-In these arms
3_RHCP-Otherside

Anyone saw more?

I could understand why people would assume that RHCP is not metal, but on the album Mothers Milk especially its a mix of funk and metal.? However otherside as a song is not metal.? Neither is Nirvana, that is grunge.? And Bon Jovi never will be metal.? FNM is alternative.? Pearl Jam isn't really metal either.? The Offspring is punk.

So i guess the only metal songs on that list are GNR's Dont Cry(although its not really heavy) Killing in the Name and Enter Sandman.

True.  GNR really isn't metal either but if they picked a metal-like song it'd make more sense.  Don't Cry should be on a greatest ballad list, not greatest metal song.

zqyx79
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 02:13:54 PM »

Sorry,it was another list-something like 10 Best 90 Rock Songs<maybe with other name> I don't know it before.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 02:19:24 PM »

Sorry,it was another list-something like 10 Best 90 Rock Songs<maybe with other name> I don't know it before.

That would make a little more sense.

The_Leper
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 02:23:00 PM »

1. Black Sabath- Iron Man
2. GNR- WTTJ  peace
3. Metallica- Master of puppets
4. Kiss- Detroit Rock City
5. J.Priest- Another....
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2006, 06:16:35 PM »

Manowar:  Power of thy sword. peace

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
Elrothiel
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 07:17:27 PM »

WHAT!? Nirvana are not, nor were they EVER metal!! How dare these lists be so contrived as to put that song at number fucking one in the Greatest Metal Songs list.... rant I HATE when they do that! If they're gunna have metal songs, ACTUALLY HAVE METAL SONGS instead of some overrated anti-metal hair-metal killing "grunge" band who wouldn't be as overrated as they are if their lead singer hadn't have bloody died!

Lets have "Black Sabbath" or "War Pigs" by Black Sabbath as number 1 yes? Or "Cemetery Gates" or "Walk" by Pantera, or "The Green Manalishi" by Judas Priest, or "Down in a Hole" or "Grind" by Alice In Chains!! Alice In Chains are more metal than Nirvana ever were!! Arrgh fuck all that "Roots Bloody Roots" by Sepultura should goddamn win hands down! That song is fuckin' metal! If that ain't metal I don't know what is!
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 07:21:35 PM »

^Haha the guy said it was a best of the 90s list not a metal list.  It was an accident on his part.
Elrothiel
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2006, 07:44:40 PM »

^ Oh.... right... GODDAMMIT!!!

That makes it SLIGHTLY better... but Nirvana really still shouldn't be #1. Perhaps in the top 10, but not #1... just for ONCE!
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2006, 08:19:47 PM »

They should be nowhere near the top.  They have three or four decent songs - hardly legendary.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2006, 10:41:22 PM »

They should be nowhere near the top.? They have three or four decent songs - hardly legendary.

Personally, I think Nirvana had some damn good songs.  Was it metal?  Hell no.  Was, or is Don't Cry metal?  Hell no.  I've never considered GNR metal.  Hard rock or just plain ol' rock are the categories I'd put them in.  yes  (and that suits me just fine)  peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 02:17:19 AM »