Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 10:51:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228032 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  UK Terror Plot Thwarted, Terror Threat Raised to Critical
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK Terror Plot Thwarted, Terror Threat Raised to Critical  (Read 17817 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2006, 07:43:00 AM »

it is terrible that muslims in britain are so obviously being picked upon

In my opinion, this being "picked on" could be slowly stopped or slowed if the Muslim people of the world would stand up and help more. You hardly ever see any protest against these terrorist. It's more that they don't agree with them but we'll just throw our arms up in the air cause we can't dop anything to stop them anyways. Plus, it's easier and more sexier to cry to the news outlets(CNN and the BBC especially) and just blame the U.S.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2006, 07:57:58 AM »

that wouldn't stop it.
Elrothiel
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2006, 08:22:43 AM »

Peaceful religion my ass!!

This just reinforces my opinion that religion is a whole bunch of bullshit and shit like this wouldn't HAPPEN if people just learned to be good to each other instead of harping on about who is right and who is wrong and who shouldn't have the right to do this and who should and AAAAAAARGH!!

Fuck religion and fuck the cunts who think its OK to kill people in the name of religion. IT IS NOT RIGHT TO KILL ANYONE IN THE NAME OF ANYTHING!! rant

Jeez if I'm going anywhere now I'm going by boat. It might take longer, but at least I'm not gunna be stripsearched before I get on the thing and I'll be able to read a book if I like!!

Sorry if I'm offending anyone, but shit like this just really really really REALLY makes my blood boil! rant
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2006, 09:01:22 AM »

these people have very little to do with religion. blaiming religion is like saying being a guns n roses fan makes you more likely to riot. its getting the cart before the horse.

if religion ceased to exist they would still exist and would still be doing the same things.

religion is not the problem, its the people that are the problem.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2006, 09:13:30 AM »

Fuck religion and fuck the cunts who think its OK to kill people in the name of religion.
oh man i used to think like that when i was 12 !!! Smiley

IT IS NOT RIGHT TO KILL ANYONE IN THE NAME OF ANYTHING!! rant

so is it ok to kill someone in the name of democracy ? freedom ? justice ?

religion has little to do with what's going on.
it's a mere 2% of the problem, one little parameter, like the kind of pen they use to write their plans, the brand of the shoes they wear.

Elrothiel
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2006, 09:21:40 AM »

I understand what you're saying 2naFish, but all I said was that if people abolished religion and just were good to each other, then those fanatics wouldn't have an excuse for killing or threatening to kill thousands of people... because those thousands of people wouldn't be seen as "infidels".

It IS the people that are the problem, but you can't say that religion doesn't play a part in helping those people think that they are right for killing others...
Evolution
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2006, 09:24:27 AM »

They need to remove the people who preach this incorrect intrepretation of the Koran no? The people are just doing what their higher ups order them to do.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2006, 09:28:01 AM »

, then those fanatics wouldn't have an excuse for killing or threatening to kill thousands of people...

escuses : land, race, political opinions, injustice, poverty, hair color, music taste, oil, water ...

for example the israel-palestine issue is not about religion it's about land.
and at the root of our today's terrorism there is no religion but again land, power, oil ...

They need to remove the people who preach this incorrect intrepretation of the Koran no? The people are just doing what their higher ups order them to do.

i think we better start at the base with the little kids rather than at the top with the old fools.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2006, 09:29:16 AM »

Religion is just an excuse for people to be shitty to each other, take away religion and they'd still be shitty to each other.
Elrothiel
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2006, 09:30:03 AM »

Doing what they THINK their higher-ups order them to do!
Evolution
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2006, 09:31:49 AM »

i think we better start at the base with the little kids rather than at the top with the old fools.

Surely willing volunteers for this kind of operations will be dime-a-dozen consider how honourable they are lead to believe suicide bombing is? Take down the big guy and all the little kids will run scared?
Evolution
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2006, 09:34:39 AM »

So they mishear what their leaders say and bomb accidently?
Elrothiel
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2006, 09:44:45 AM »

No, they think if they bomb places and kill shitloads of people who don't follow the "Suicide Bomber Faith", then that automatically gets them into their version of heaven.
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2006, 10:05:10 AM »

I understand what you're saying 2naFish, but all I said was that if people abolished religion and just were good to each other, then those fanatics wouldn't have an excuse for killing or threatening to kill thousands of people... because those thousands of people wouldn't be seen as "infidels".

It IS the people that are the problem, but you can't say that religion doesn't play a part in helping those people think that they are right for killing others...

if the religion didnt exist then they'd find another reason.

therefore getting rid of religion would be pointless, except that it take something away from billions for whom it is a near essential part of their existence.

it is short sighted and naive to even consider that removing religion would make any difference whatsoever.
Evolution
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2006, 10:11:02 AM »

No, they think if they bomb places and kill shitloads of people who don't follow the "Suicide Bomber Faith", then that automatically gets them into their version of heaven.

Yeah I know, that's what I mean when I say "the people who preach" tell the bombers that. The "THINK" confused me a bit.
Elrothiel
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2006, 10:16:54 AM »

if the religion didnt exist then they'd find another reason.

therefore getting rid of religion would be pointless, except that it take something away from billions for whom it is a near essential part of their existence.

it is short sighted and naive to even consider that removing religion would make any difference whatsoever.

Well there's a good side to everything I guess, and yea religion is good for a lot of reasons, but it ISN'T good when zealots decide that they have to kill everyone who doesn't believe what they do, and that somehow if they do that, everything will be peachy keen for them in the afterlife... load of bollocks!!
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2006, 10:20:20 AM »

nobody is disagreeing with that. i dont think anyone would claim that any religion has only ever produced positive effects. you are arguing and mute point.

you said we should just get rid of religion, which is ridiculous and pointless.
Elrothiel
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2006, 10:27:52 AM »

nobody is disagreeing with that. i dont think anyone would claim that any religion has only ever produced positive effects. you are arguing and mute point.

you said we should just get rid of religion, which is ridiculous and pointless.

I only said that as a spur-of-the-moment thing because I'm really fucking angry about this kinda shit happening!!
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2006, 10:30:08 AM »

thats understandable, but acting on your first impulse is very dangerous.
Elrothiel
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2006, 10:53:30 AM »

thats understandable, but acting on your first impulse is very dangerous.

on a forum anyway.... *le eye roll*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: