Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:20:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  The GNR Holy Grail
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The GNR Holy Grail  (Read 19033 times)
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2006, 06:25:26 AM »

As far as the 96' album goes didn't Axl say that was the first Snakepit album, which at first he rejected resulting in Slash using it for his own band? Slash has said before that he hasn't been involved with Guns N Roses since 1995 so that would lead me to believe that after Snakepit he never returned to record any material with GNR.

What about the material Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Matt recorded in 2002, anybody remember that? I think it was Slash who said they didn't use any of it because it all sounded too "Guns N Roses", I think that would probably be interesting to hear one day.
mpkline
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2006, 09:08:09 AM »

Another Might be the 06-06-1985 concert at the troubador. I highly doubt anyone would have this, why bring a camera or tape to an unknown bands concert but....It was the first show with the old line up.

And I Agree with the 01-01-01 and 01-31-01 vegas shows, those would be cool to see!
Marc8382
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2006, 09:27:38 PM »

I would be very happy if the 8/3/91 show was released in pro-shot/soundboard quality.  It would be great if more live material from the very beginning to Izzy's last gig with the band appeared but mostly, the longest show ever should be released in professional quality. 
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2006, 09:53:20 PM »

What is this Perfect Crime movie?

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
Chief
Legend

« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2006, 01:22:44 AM »

basically it was going to be a movie with live/backstage footage of the band on UYI. they filmed a Ton of stuff but it never happened for whatever reason....

What is this Perfect Crime movie?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2006, 01:56:59 AM »

I was at this show. It, amazingly was the show right after a really bad GNR show that my brother went to. At my Bros show, Axl was pissed at the crowd for being so fucking sorry and not into it or something. Like the crowd was sitting durig the show and being quite. This was a short as shit show and Axl couldnt get out of there fast enough.

When I saw this show, Axl talked about the previous night and said we made up for it. He said now he finally knew he was back home. Im sorry if all this has been said. By the end of the night Axls voice was shot and he didnt give a fuck, and nobody else did. He laid it all out. So real. That was like what poeple say about doing every show like it was your last.

I remember though some fuck through some toilet paper at GNR and Axl fucking lost it. He called the dude out and said something like "If you don't behave yourself we are going to fucking go and 20,000 people in here will beat the shit out of you asshole." Man...you never forget when Axl goes off. But yea this was one of my first GNR shows I had ever seen.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2006, 03:29:27 AM »

The GN'R holy grail is the Vegas 2001 DVD.....

Exactly what I was gonna say!  Grin

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
roadapples
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2006, 09:57:08 AM »

08.03.91 - Great Western Forum, Inglewood, CA
opening act: Skid Row
set: Perfect Crime, Mr. Brownstone, Right Next Door To Hell, Bad Obsession, Live And Let Die, It's So Easy, Yesterdays, Dust N' Bones, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, You Could Be Mine, Piano Solo, November Rain, My Michelle, 14 Years, Nightrain, Welcome To The Jungle, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Pretty Tied Up, Rocket Queen, Don't Cry [w/ Shannon Hoon], Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Ain't The First [w/ Shannon Hoon], Used To Love Her, Move To The City, Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, You're Crazy [w/ Sebastian Bach], Locomotive, Out Ta Get Me, Dead Horse, Estranged, Paradise City
audio/video recording?: audio
notes: Unbelievable setlist which resulted in the longest show of the entire UYI tour. The band didn't want to leave the stage! 10 songs from Appetite For Destruction are played! Special guest performances by Shannon Hoon and Sebastian Bach. The show ends at 3:36 a.m. after nearly 4 hours!

My birthday, I turned 24.  Crazy.
Czr
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2007, 06:42:03 PM »

Can someone upload this up or maybe do a B&P for me please, thanks.

Sorry to hear you are lost, and need to find yourself. Let me help you, get a map and a mirror!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2007, 06:48:16 PM »

Yea...I was there. Think it was only my second GNR show. Axl was totally losing his voice and kept on trucking. Definitely a personal concert highlight.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
GangstarrGabe
Opening Act

Gimme Five...

« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2007, 05:04:45 PM »

It's not the longest show they did... I believe they did a show over 4 hours long in Inglewood or Indiana or something...

Haha, Yes The forum is located in Inglewood. Haha, but man, i would expect them to go alot longer, when i saw them at The Gibson i thought it was pretty close to that. I must have been tired and un aware of my suroundings.
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2007, 06:08:39 PM »

if 'Axl's vault' really exist,someone needs to break in to it  hihi

shit happens when you party naked
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: