Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:40:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  November 21 - Saint John, NB @ Harbour Station
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 21 - Saint John, NB @ Harbour Station  (Read 27979 times)
seadog2006
Opening Act

I see ya standing there, you think you're so cool

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2006, 06:05:00 PM »

http://www.canadaeast.com/tp/news/article.php?articleID=70965

Hired guns, wild roses spice up GNR concert

Jeff Ducharme
Telegraph-Journal
As published on page C1 on November 23, 2006

SAINT JOHN - It may have been Paradise City for some, but the Saint John Police Force may think that Tuesday's Guns N' Roses concert was paradise lost.

Five concert goers who took the rock 'n' roll lifestyle a little too seriously found themselves busted by police - three for intoxication, one for drinking underage and one for assaulting a Saint John Ambulance attendant who had rushed to the 24-year-old woman's aid after she fell in a drunken stupor.

Sgt. Pat Bonner said police are always concerned when a concert comes to town, regardless of a band's reputation.

"That's our concern, public safety," said Bonner. "Safety for the people at the concert and those performing."

While there were 6,000 people at Harbour Station, promoters had to scramble, selling tickets two-for-one in the final moments before the show.

The six-hour concert had three opening acts, but it was the Suicide Girls who raised eyebrows. The scantily clad women did a burlesque show that involved little clothing and a lot of shaking.

The tickets and posters in Harbour Station were all clearly marked warning of the show's adult content.

Michael Caddell, general manager of Harbour Station, said they had a plan in place for ticket holders who might have found the Suicide Girls a little too much to take.

"No provincial laws were broken. There's 6,000 people that come through the doors, we're not going to keep them all happy."

While he's received no complaints, he said if a ticket holder had been upset over the adult content, he would have gladly refunded the cost of the ticket or the person could have stepped outside until the bumping and grinding was over.

Caddell said they had an army of police and security in place to ensure things didn't get out of hand - seven police officers, 35 security guards, six bouncers for the band and 60 ushers and doormen.

"Although it was loud and late, it was one of the best behaved crowds we've had."

After hosting such bad boy rockers as Mötley Cr?e and Iron Maiden, Caddell said his staff understands the security needs of such a concert.

The rider, what the band requires as far as food and perks, was 10 pages long.

"They had breakfast, lunch and dinner here and special meals were prepared for special people and they were very impressed with our food."

But it was a group of employees at New System Laundry that got the biggest surprise when a non-descript duffle bag was dropped off that had "please dry clean" scrawled on a piece of duct tape.

The clothes inside belonged to frontman Axle Rose. Kathy McHugh of New System Laundry said it caused quite a stir among her female staff members.

"They wanted to smell the clothes before they went in (the machines) and when they came out," said McHugh. "Whatever turns your crank."

McHugh wasn't sure what to make about the fuss.

"I'm more into Charlie Pride's laundry."
seadog2006
Opening Act

I see ya standing there, you think you're so cool

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2006, 06:12:35 PM »

Two of the people arrested were sitting right in front of me - drunk out of their minds.... they were an older couple in their late 40s, doing lines of cocaine and drinking straight rum while there were a couple of 14 year old kids sitting next to them (their father alerted the cops and I enjoyed watching them get throughly searched while I was waiting in line for a beer hihi)
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2006, 03:07:18 PM »

http://www.canadaeast.com/tp/news/article.php?articleID=70965

But it was a group of employees at New System Laundry that got the biggest surprise when a non-descript duffle bag was dropped off that had "please dry clean" scrawled on a piece of duct tape.

The clothes inside belonged to frontman Axle Rose. Kathy McHugh of New System Laundry said it caused quite a stir among her female staff members.

"They wanted to smell the clothes before they went in (the machines) and when they came out," said McHugh. "Whatever turns your crank."

McHugh wasn't sure what to make about the fuss.

"I'm more into Charlie Pride's laundry."

Haha!

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2006, 03:11:24 PM »

so how did the show go people?

Amazing show, GN'R was so tight and Axl sounded great, no complaints about any of the acts. We got lucky and had 3 encores (Chinese Democracy, Madagascar and Paradise City). I had great time, front row both here (SJ) and in Halifax. The only difference was in Saint John they served alcohol. It may have been the alcohol but the Saint John crowd seemed way louder than Halifax. Can't wait to see them again.

Yeah, I thought the Halifax show was awesome. You're lucky that alcohol was served there..if it was served in Halifax then it deffinetly would have been a wild night lol...yeah if they come back to the Maritimes I will be going for sure!

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2006, 04:16:04 PM »

I'm never going to forget that show...me n my friend wayne were in the front row right at the  barracadees almost right infront of the left speakers drool smoking

p.s. i was the kid with the semi longish red hair with the classic GNR t-shirt...got to touch bumblefoots guitar and during sweet child i yelled his nickname out and he looked right at me,nodded,smiled,n waved peace

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: