Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:57:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Skeba's recordings
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Skeba's recordings  (Read 2958 times)
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« on: June 13, 2006, 03:03:58 AM »

I thought I'd put some of my old and future recordings here for people to listen and judge. Sometimes others can give some hints and tips on your playing that you yourself can't hear for one reason or another.

Okay... Since everyone's been posting SCOM covers, I thought I'd share mine. It's about a year old and the only thing that I've played here is the lead guitar.

The reason I came accross this again after a longer perioid of time, is that I just got the FBV shortboard for my PODxt and wanted to find an old recording where I was only learning how to use it. And my does it show in this.. Smiley There are some fuck ups with the sound switching and the pedal (wah and volume) use. In addition, the fact that I'd only played 3 years at the time shows in undershot bends and some general playing errors. (If you listen, you can actually hear that I played the first solo in the place of the first half of the second one... Smiley )

All my recordings are done with this equipment:

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul standard (electric)
Takamine EG-510SC (acoustic)

Amp simulation and effects:
Line6 PODxt (software versions 1.x - 3.01) with the FVB shortboard straight to the computer via USB.

The cover of SCOM:

http://download.yousendit.com/810193CF0EE24453

If the file is not downloadable, let me know and I'll upload it again. And like I said, constructive critisism is accepted.

updated 28.02.2007 Uploaded the file again.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 10:25:24 AM by Skeba » Logged

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 11:26:19 AM »

Not bad at all, Skeba  ok It would be nice if u increased the volume of your lead in the mix, it seems to blend in with the backing track.

Fuck 'Em All.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 03:26:28 AM »

Thanks for the feedback.

I guess I was a bit shy on the volume. Prolly because I wanted the backing track to make the more subtle errors inaudible.. Smiley And another thing was that I wanted it to be 'like a band', you know, like a song you'd like to listen to and not just a demo of how I play.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
EFISH
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 04:08:53 AM »

Skeba...

I really liked it man!

I dont know if youre a expert guitar player or not but i sure thought this was very good work..

Keep it up, and cant wait to hear more  ok

(the guitar solo was excellent)
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 12:12:49 PM »

Very nice Skeba!

What patch did you use on the pod?
I have a podxt Live but I dont think I got that exact sound, would like it thou peace ok
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 10:51:45 AM »

Thanks.

I made the thing myself. I don't prolly have it on the computer, and I most certainly don't have it on my pod at the moment since I just updated the software and the new default patches.

But it's basically the JCM800 from the 2.x software, with the bass, middles and trebles at around 7 +-1, some delay (digital) to soften the sound, almost no reverb, and the Screamer stomp with Drive and Tone at around 90%, and 5% Gain. Approximately. That's usually how I set it up. Tweak it from there.

And EFISH, I'm nowhere near an expert.

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 03:41:12 AM »

It's been a while and this is not that fresh of a recording.

It's an interpretation of Kaki King's hidden track from one of her albums. Mainly 'cause at the time I just wanted to hear how my finger picking sounded.

As always, feedback is appreciated.

Fortuna ending

deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 10:12:03 AM »

your song its great. and I really like that cover of SCOM. ok
Why don't you put the Vocals on it? (Fortuna Ending and SCOM)?

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 10:23:34 AM »

thats awesome Skeba!! did you record all the parts? or you got a band? midi files? impressive either way...it'll help me try and figure out some parts too cuzi can hear what happens without axl singing ok

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: