Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:50:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227826 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  You will cry when you see this
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: You will cry when you see this  (Read 5143 times)
themovieaddict.com
« on: August 24, 2006, 09:58:03 PM »

Well, probably feel a lump in your throat and goosebumps, anyway.

P.S. Watch the ENTIRE thing from beginning to end, or the effect is lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d33OwFzImI
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 11:05:44 PM »

I'm already crying, I may try it later.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 08:53:36 AM »

The king at his best  ok

No man can be my equal
SuperMike
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 12:30:57 PM »

Yeah, that was very sad. Cry

It was creepy to watch becuase you can see pretty clear that he was on his last legs. For me, the saddest part during the performance was when he turned to the crowd and smiled.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 12:51:53 PM »

Long live the King.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 01:18:34 PM »

yeah, he can make fun of the beatles for doin pot and acid, yet he gets caught on the toilet poppin pills!  rant

Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 06:47:22 PM »

i got goosebumps when he started singing yes
man..he had an amazing voice.. Cry
i love the performance in the boxingring,that was great..

shit happens when you party naked
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 08:38:22 PM »

yeah, he can make fun of the beatles for doin pot and acid, yet he gets caught on the toilet poppin pills!  rant

That is not what happened.

Elvis overdosed on prescription medicine. He never took drugs to get high or whatever. I read somewhere that he was actually mis-diagnosed and told to take more than he should have - but that was probably an excuse. I think he just got hooked on all the different painkillers and whatnot and it took its toll. He died of a heart attack on the crapper, but don't try to imply he was a druggie.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 12:26:37 AM »

Elvis overdosed on prescription medicine. He never took drugs to get high or whatever. I read somewhere that he was actually mis-diagnosed and told to take more than he should have - but that was probably an excuse. I think he just got hooked on all the different painkillers and whatnot and it took its toll. He died of a heart attack on the crapper, but don't try to imply he was a druggie.

Just because you get your fucking drugs from the pharmacy, doesn't mean you aren't a "druggie." By the time he died, he was taking over 200 pills a day!!! I know for A FACT that he was doing pharmaceutical cocaine. Elvis is great, but you have to face the facts. Elvis was definitely a DRUG addict. How can you even say Elvis NEVER took drugs to get high??? What did he begin taking them for then? Of course he took sleeping pills but what about the pain killers, pharmaceutical cocaine, etc.? Those my friend, at some point, were taken to get high.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 05:47:28 AM »

Just because you get your fucking drugs from the pharmacy, doesn't mean you aren't a "druggie." By the time he died, he was taking over 200 pills a day!!! I know for A FACT that he was doing pharmaceutical cocaine. Elvis is great, but you have to face the facts. Elvis was definitely a DRUG addict. How can you even say Elvis NEVER took drugs to get high??? What did he begin taking them for then? Of course he took sleeping pills but what about the pain killers, pharmaceutical cocaine, etc.? Those my friend, at some point, were taken to get high.

your a beatles fan boy so shhh, look at your name.

anyway, my answer to this argument is.

the beatles or elvis wernt that good anyway, importent yes, but not that good.

the majority of all big bands take drugs, its what happens because they are stupid.

aerosmith
gnr
the rolling stones (i think?)

and those bands are some of the finest of rock music and very influential, theyt always do drugs and it always wrecks the bands.

html sucks
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2006, 11:07:09 AM »

You're tying to make an argument that "big bands" always do drugs and you're not sure if the Stones did drugs???  Hmmmm... I don't understand what being a Beatles fan has to do with anything I said??? I like Elvis, always have. I have a ton of cd's by the king.  I never said anything bad about him, not one  time.  The King was an addict and took tons of prescription drugs and I'm sure he took other drugs as well from time to time. Not every single second of his life has to be documented.  This topic isn't about that shit anyway and I was only making a point before, so don't turn this into a "bands doing drugs" topic.  This video clip was 6 weeks before the king died, so he was very near death.  SUPPOSEDLY after he died, many of his organs were "compacted" together because of the ammount of drugs he was taking every day.  He would have never been able to stop taking the drugs at this point because it would have been too painful and probably almost impossible.  There is no question that after watching this clip, that Elvis still "had it".  He could still sing like no one else and even after ALMOST 30 years, you can still feel the huge, huge loss.  Even if you weren't alive when he died, which I wasn't for at least another 5 years.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2006, 12:29:29 PM »

You're tying to make an argument that "big bands" always do drugs and you're not sure if the Stones did drugs???  Hmmmm... I don't understand what being a Beatles fan has to do with anything I said??? I like Elvis, always have. I have a ton of cd's by the king.  I never said anything bad about him, not one  time.  The King was an addict and took tons of prescription drugs and I'm sure he took other drugs as well from time to time. Not every single second of his life has to be documented.  This topic isn't about that shit anyway and I was only making a point before, so don't turn this into a "bands doing drugs" topic.  This video clip was 6 weeks before the king died, so he was very near death.  SUPPOSEDLY after he died, many of his organs were "compacted" together because of the ammount of drugs he was taking every day.  He would have never been able to stop taking the drugs at this point because it would have been too painful and probably almost impossible.  There is no question that after watching this clip, that Elvis still "had it".  He could still sing like no one else and even after ALMOST 30 years, you can still feel the huge, huge loss.  Even if you weren't alive when he died, which I wasn't for at least another 5 years.
i must apologise, i mixed up poster names, i was complaining mainly at john morrison73. so again my apologies.

html sucks
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2006, 01:11:29 PM »

i must apologise, i mixed up poster names, i was complaining mainly at john morrison73. so again my apologies.

Apology accepted and thanks for clearing up the confusion.

themovieaddict.com
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2006, 11:12:51 PM »

Thanks for the clarification Mr. Verbal. Perhaps if you could read as well as you can react you would have realized I never once said Elvis was not addicted to drugs. But there is a difference between becoming addicted to prescription drugs and purposefully doing drugs in the same way as the Beatles, Stones and Aerosmith did. There are those who become hooked on the downers due to lifestyle choices and those who do drugs for recreation. Elvis was in the former category. Elvis began taken prescription drugs during his years of isolation in the 1970s when he began battling weight loss. Elvis became hooked on prescription drugs but was anti-drugs earlier in his life and campaigned with Nixon on his Drug Free America program.

The Beatles also praised Elvis (along with Dylan and Cash and many other contemporary artists of the time) so jimmorrison's comments about Elvis criticizing the Beatles for their drug use is pretty silly.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 12:19:34 AM »

Yeah but you talk about Elvis like you know him.  "HE NEVER TOOK PILLS TO GET HIGH."  How the hell do you know???  I wasn't making up the fact that he DID INDEED use pharmaceutical cocaine on a regular basis towards the end of his life.  He wasn't using that to get high though???  I remember Keith Richards saying pharmaceutical cocaine was his favorite drug next to heroin, so don't tell me he wasn't trying to get high with it (although it wouldn't take much "trying".  Don't tell me I can't fucking read either. Don't try to get personal when you know that you have lost this argument and you have nothing else to say. I also don't understand what "The Beatles praising Dylan, Cash, etc." means???  The Beatles praised Elvis in the mid 60's for sure, but things changed by the time Elvis had started his drug ABUSE. "I don't believe in Elvis!"  Look those lyrics up my friend.  "I don't believe in Zimmerman!"  You might as well check that line when you are looking at the other one. Hopefully you know who Zimmerman is and I assume you do because it seems to me that you already knew Elvis personally (it's not Elvis obviously). I can't believe you are putting so much effort into defending his drug use, when in fact, IT IS ALL FACT!!!!!!!!!  Admit he was a drug user, a drug ABUSER, a druggie and live with it.  Thanks by the way for putting this clip up.  It's definitely amazing.

your friend,

"Mr. Verbal" 

By the way, this is coming from someone that has experienced this kind of drug abuse first hand.  It doesn't matter how you started using, what you're using, whether it's prescription drugs or street drugs, in the end you are an addict and a drug abuser.  When you start NEEDING a drug to get through the day, you know you are addicted. When the ammount of that drug increases, based on the continuous use, you are abusing the drug.  My argument here is done. I can't change someones opinion, nor can they change mine. All we will do is argue in fucking circles, all fucking day long. You can respond to what I just said, but after that I'm not responding, even if you decide to attack me personally. I know what I'm talking about from experience, when discussing this subject and it's not something I am proud of, but it's who I am. With that, my argument is done.  San Dimas high school football rules!!

themovieaddict.com
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 12:43:01 AM »

eah but you talk about Elvis like you know him. 

No one knows Elvis. He is dead.

"HE NEVER TOOK PILLS TO GET HIGH."  How the hell do you know???

Because Elvis and his friends/family said so?  Huh

Don't tell me I can't fucking read either. Don't try to get personal when you know that you have lost this argument and you have nothing else to say.

Telling someone that they are incapable of comprehending the basics of the English language is hardly "personal" - unless all those teachers up through college who graded your papers were just trying to get personal with you, too.

Don't tell me I can't fucking read either... I also don't understand what "The Beatles praising Dylan, Cash, etc." means???

But perhaps if you had taken time to carefully read my post without so hastily responding, you would have noted the fact that I was responding to user "JohnMorrison" - not you. I even mentioned his name in my reply.

I can't believe you are putting so much effort into defending his drug use, when in fact, IT IS ALL FACT!!!!!!!!!

I have already acknowledged the fact that Elvis Presley was a drug addict. Numerous times. However, I find your use of capitalization to accentuate a moot point to be quite engaging.

Admit he was a drug user, a drug ABUSER, a druggie and live with it.

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the word "druggie" and its connotations in popular culture. There is indeed a difference between being a drug user/abuser and being a "druggie." Burroughs defined the modern junkie/druggie in the '60s. Elvis was not a druggie. Elvis abused drugs.

http://www.heroinhelper.com/bored/celebrities/Elvis_Presley.shtml

People do not think of Elvis as being a junkie, and in the classic sense he wasn't. There is no indication that he ever did heroin, for example. But he used a lot of other opioids. In 1973 he almost died of Dilaudid overdose. All of his opioids came from "respectable" sources (doctors) and it has been stated that Elvis did not see himself as a "druggie" and that he saw the drugs that he was doing as medicine.
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 02:43:19 AM »

alright enough already,  elvis took drugs, the beatles took drugs, jim morrison took drugs, I take drugs, snoop dogg takes drugs.

what we need to focus on is the fact that an elvis concert looked pretty boring,  that stage had no lights, the house lights were on for petesakes.  plus that stage looked so small,  the band was taking up a most of it.  and whats with the plastic coke cups on the piano- and cant he have his microphone being held up by.. i dunno a microphone stand- some poor schlub has to stand there the whole time and stick that mic in BIG E's face.

i wonder how much tickets were back then?
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2006, 02:55:04 AM »

Back then was when you paid to see the talent and not the laser show.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
zosobob6
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2006, 05:36:28 AM »

i have never been a fan of Elvis but that was powerful.
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 07:07:25 AM »

i mean... hes wearing the big flashy white suit with studs on the back,  and they look like they're playing in an ally-   if he wanted the stage looking like a dumpster then he should have dressed the same too
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: