Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:44:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  GN'R "bootleg traders" - the saddest bunch of fans?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R "bootleg traders" - the saddest bunch of fans?  (Read 17882 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: August 30, 2006, 01:58:33 PM »

Ok, so what I wanna know is, what the fuck are (some of) you guys thinking?

It seems like there are small groups of fans (who happen to collect bootlegs), who do nothing more than whine about other(s).

Why do you collect bootlegs? Is it a competition to have the most stuff that nobody else has? When did these groups form?

All I know is that everybody hates people who sell bootlegs. But after that I'm lost.

Somebody who's into this bootleg trading, please help me understand. I don't get this childish behaviour I see daily in the section dedicated to fucking bootleg trading/collecting. Lots of stupid fights between certain people.... It's fucking pointless.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BORN TO DIE
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 02:00:41 PM »

I see people hate me,so i give them reasons to hate me,they started without me making them hate me,just couse i have,they dont,so now i DO  give reasons,and now they are fine with fighting me,i guess.
Thats it,if u think on my case on this or other forums.

WHY DONT YOU JUST.....FUCK OFF

HOPE U NEVER FIND HOB 01.01.2001 (LMAO )

Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
anythinggoes
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 02:03:52 PM »

It seems like there are small groups of fans (who happen to collect bootlegs), who do nothing more than whine about other(s).

Why do you collect bootlegs? Is it a competition to have the most stuff that nobody else has? When did these groups form?

All I know is that everybody hates people who sell bootlegs. But after that I'm lost.

Somebody who's into this bootleg trading, please help me understand. I don't get this childish behaviour I see daily in the section dedicated to fucking bootleg trading/collecting. Lots of stupid fights between certain people.... It's fucking pointless.

/jarmo

I wish i knew all ive ever wanted to do is get things out there ive sent loads of stuff for free more than ive ever got back but i dont bitch and moan if something is Mp3 and not flac or whatever but thats me im just glad to hear and see the stuff my only problem ive had with people has been them not knowing when they are constantly asking for too much.

I just want to collect the shows and i want everything out on free trade eventually but that will never happen
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 02:06:41 PM »

there are some people who have to cover their fucked up ego over the fact that they might have something that others don't have.
it's like people with small dicks buying a red ferrari.
that's just stupid behaviour. and nobody hates btd. he just thinks we do, so he can feel like a bad ass he wants to be,which is pathetic.
we just think he's a sad person that he has to brag with his shit, about which noone gives a shit anyway...

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 02:07:10 PM »

Trading is supposed to be free and fun! Spreading it around so everyone gets a little taste.

Now when some people don't get what they want they bitch and complain, and others that have the stuff laugh at them and rub it in their face, making the problems much worse.

Now I agree with anythinggoes that everything should be out on free trade, for ANYONE to access. But knowing the people in this world, that'll never happen.
Liquid Drum
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 02:08:12 PM »

I just wish there was more respect. I am on many other trading forums and mostly there is big respect for tapers/sharers.

People need to quit moaning and just chill out, respect each other and do what we are all here for: trading and collecting GNR boots.

beer
BORN TO DIE
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 02:09:20 PM »

Trading is supposed to be free and fun! Spreading it around so everyone gets a little taste.

Now when some people don't get what they want they bitch and complain, and others that have the stuff laugh at them and rub it in their face, making the problems much worse.

Now I agree with anythinggoes that everything should be out on free trade, for ANYONE to access. But knowing the people in this world, that'll never happen.

So
u cant make your neighbour give u his audio cd,if he doesnt want,but u want me to give u my dvd?
Lmao.
Go,get it yourself,its there...

Far from home
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 02:11:12 PM »

/jarmo

I wish i knew all ive ever wanted to do is get things out there ive sent loads of stuff for free more than ive ever got back but i dont bitch and moan if something is Mp3 and not flac or whatever but thats me im just glad to hear and see the stuff my only problem ive had with people has been them not knowing when they are constantly asking for too much.

I just want to collect the shows and i want everything out on free trade eventually but that will never happen

I feel the same way. ?I'm doing a vine for a collection of over 300 concerts and will get nothing in return (there isn't much available to give me, but at least I'm fair). ?That pissed off a lot of people and was said to "destroy GNR trading forever" - which I hope it does. ?Everything should be free and readily available to people that want it. Anyone that was making money on trading or being a dick to the "little collectors" deserves this kind of setback. ?peace

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 02:11:39 PM »

the number 1 reason people hate people in gnr trading hoarding it has nothing at all to do with mp3 or flac it is mostly hoarding.

people co,me out say i got this that everything . put it out or do not say u got it period btd u are noted for it

yes i said i got a 3rd vrsion of hammer 5,15 audio on cd it is not nothing no one is missing i put 2 sets out already sounds the same
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 02:14:35 PM by timebomb » Logged

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
BORN TO DIE
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 02:15:14 PM »

the number 1 reason people hate people in gnr trading hoarding it has nothing at all to do with mp3 or flac it is mostly hoarding.

people co,me out say i got this that everything . put it out or do not say u got it period btd u are noted for it

yes i said i got a 3rd vrsion of hammer 5,15 audio on cd it is not nothing no one is missing i put 2 sets out already sounds the same

And dont forget you are trader aswell. peace

Far from home
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 02:18:59 PM »

what does a trader have to do with it i put everything out i do not go on a forum and put restrictions on d/ling or if u are on this forum or that 1 u can not get it. i do not belong to a click that  only trades to a certin few now i put out for all

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2006, 02:22:40 PM »

First of all, I hope you can understand my english. I will try my best. It would be easier for me in spanish, but no-one would understand me.

Collecting bootlegs is a way of having fun. I do this for fun. I love listening to GNR live performances, I do it all the time, and I want to have all that is around just because I love how the band sounds and I enjoy listening to them.

There are a lot more in my same position. Internet is the best way to get bootlegs. It's free, it's fast, and you can find what you want in a couple of minutes. I think we should help each other to get the kind of stuff we enjoy. I DO listen to my bootlegs, I DO enjoy them. I dont download them just for putting them on a crappy free internet website. I do not collect stuff to feed my ego. I do not collect bootlegs to be ''famous''.

Some people think that this is a competition. Some sad losers think that his is a war, a war where the goal is having things that the rest dont have. I cant understand this, I mean... we are talking about ''virtual'' stuff. We are talking about digital media, not petrol reserves or possesions like houses or cars. There is not an ''GNR Bootleg Ranking'' where the n?1 gets a prize just for being the biggest collector. This is simply a portion of our lives, a very small portion of it. The real life, the side of life that matters, is family, friends, college, work, love, etc. This is a hobby, like playing Playstation or collecting stamps or any other insignificant thing.

People like Born To Die are the real cancer of this community. He enjoys finding out that all the efforts of one guy end in a lossy copy of a goddamn concert. He feels great for having more than the rest, forgetting that he got all his stuff from nice people who shared their stuff for free, just for giving us the chance to feel the same nice feeling of listening to GNR live than they feel. His attitude makes other people to act like him, and what is supossed to be fun, turns into an speculative sad strategy to reach the ridiculous goal of being ''king of bootlegs''.

I would love to have the chance of getting an ultra rare show, and being able to share it almost instantly for free. I would love to give back to GNR community what it gave to me. But collecting bootlegs is just ONE LITTLE portion of my life. I do not need to increase my ego with digital audio/video. If you base your whole life in collecting bootlegs, you must be a very very sad and lonely person.

Just my two cents.

PD: BTW, look at BTD's first post. He is, again and again and again and again, turning this into a ''talk about me'' thread. I cant understand how some persons enjoy being insulted. They need atention, no matter what.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 02:25:13 PM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2006, 02:23:32 PM »

let me put it this way, i do not care if u are the well liked guy here or the well hatted guy here, put everything out for all as everyone one says this stuff should be shared freely not hoarded so lets all shape up start sharing freely no bitching no complaining just do ?be a man or a women and just do it enjoy the shit do not hide it

Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2006, 02:26:43 PM »

I'm in it because I like music, and music's able to get me though anything n' everything. It's better then doing a lot of cocaine to get out of a slump, been there done that. Music frees my inner mind most of the time.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Liquid Drum
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 02:29:36 PM »

let me put it this way, i do not care if u are the well liked guy here or the well hatted guy here, put everything out for all as everyone one says this stuff should be shared freely not hoarded so lets all shape up start sharing freely no bitching no complaining just do ?be a man or a women and just do it enjoy the shit do not hide it

Yup, agreed.

I do think that trading a recording first should not be called 'hoarding'. As long as you have intention of releasing it, it's not hoarding.

As you know, I'm trading my recording first, then sharing with everyone else in a few weeks. Thats not hoarding and I think other traders know this too.

But saying you have something but not even sharing at all is hoarding.

Anyways, I've said my response in my previous post so I won't post again.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2006, 02:47:48 PM »

I absolutely agree with estebanf and timebomb. most people collect bootleg just because they love the band and they want to watch/hear live stuff. then there are some more groups. some people sell bootlegs, these are cunts because filmers of bootlegs want to share, trade or hoard stuff, but never see their work being sold. then there are some pure-traders who hate free sharing (I have no idea why, maybe they're trying to keep the value of bootlegs for longer time). then there are hoarders, these keep "rare" stuff and trying to get more "rare" stuff. I'm not the right one to judge this behaviour. and then there are regular people like me, estebanf, timebomb and most of the rest of people in this section. they just want to enjoy stuff and want to get them from torrent for free - that's logical, not everyone has money to start trading.

again, I'm not the right person to judge everything around trading community, because it's not that simple as it may look. bootlegs should be shared and traded for free, but people who film shows or do remastering and authoring may need something to reward, and it goes on...

anyway, my target, as most of people, is to get most bootlegs possible, to watch them or to use them for further trading. I'm gonna share the fuck of my bootlegs, I'm constantly sharing via torrents anything I can and people need. I'm the only remaining active operator at newgnr DC hub and I'm sharing what I can and I help people to get new stuff. damn it's very sad that some people in GNR bootleg community are not quite nice guys.

this board, HTGTH site, cd.com board and some more places brought me to start collecting bootlegs but there are so many fucking obstacles one has to pass through, you always find someone who's just fucking with you. but I swear I'm going to help people just other people helped me in the past. that's the way to do it.

hmmm the more I write, the less sense it gives so that's all from me for now.

remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2006, 02:50:09 PM »

wow... finally..

I'm 'in this business' ( Wink no, no real business, never made ANY profit out of it... Wink ) for I don't know how many years... and actually stopped trading a while ago. I did have this addictive thing that wanted me to have like ALL available shows, and damn, do I have some BAD audio and video stuff...  Never really got into this 'upgrade-to-B-sound' hype, although I can understand it completely. I think I got 5/6 of my collection out of trades years ago, and it was a fun thing to do. I mean, getting mail and messages from all over the world was nice...
Now the whole downloading era made it even easier to collect, and I think it's cool of people to share everything they have. The ones who don't do that, well... as said before it's their own right not to do so, and there's noone who can change that I guess. Try and deal with that.

But, and I've said this before, the main thing is (and I believe Jarmo was totally right when he asked for an explanation), it shouldn't be overexaggerated. All this "childish behaviour" is turning into a soap opera with annual cast changes (and no, I ain't gonna give you a summary Wink).  I mean, damn, just enjoy this hobby, listen to good music, go find more bootlegs out there, jerk off watching your collection (Tongue and no, I've never done that... It'll ruin my covers... Wink), whatever, but just ENJOY it! And, try not to forget, that it is this hobby that made both Axl & VR decide not to play any new songs that isn't out there...

remco

PS: I'm proud of you people, the fighting is minimal in this topic!  peace

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
Steel_Angel
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2006, 02:58:13 PM »

one question:

whos this John M. i keep hearing about? maybe hes the reason for all this hoarding and people bitching and stuff.
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2006, 03:00:00 PM »

one question:

whos this John M. i keep hearing about? maybe hes the reason for all this hoarding and people bitching and stuff.

hehe, he's one of the old cast! Wink

no, I believe John's cool, check out his site: www.gnrontour.com/jm78

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
EFISH
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2006, 03:00:40 PM »

He runs gnrontour.com and some gnr dvd guide side... apparently hes the "kind of gnr trading". hes like a god or soemthing haha... he must feel pretty damn special. Roll Eyes anyway aparently he used to sell but now thinks its wrong or something like that.. and apparently has a lot of unreleased shows.. i think alot of the serious traders dont like him, thats what ive heard atleast
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: