Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:08:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  GN'R "bootleg traders" - the saddest bunch of fans?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R "bootleg traders" - the saddest bunch of fans?  (Read 17884 times)
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2006, 03:01:52 PM »

one question:

whos this John M. i keep hearing about? maybe hes the reason for all this hoarding and people bitching and stuff.

hehe, he's one of the old cast! Wink

no, I believe John's cool, check out his site: www.gnrontour.com/jm78

yes, and he's author of the best quality DVD bootlegs even available, if you get something authored by JohnM, you can be sure it's the best you can get. well, in most cases Grin

Steel_Angel
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2006, 03:03:37 PM »

So this guys the king of the gnr geeks? fantastic. someone sleep with him and steal all his bootlegs nervous
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2006, 03:10:10 PM »

oh, ok, just to clear things... I didn't mean to put John in a bad spot. I only meant all the bitching (about him and many, MANY others) made this turn into a 'soap opera'...

no offence, to anyone.

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2006, 03:16:02 PM »

probably JohnM hoards a lot of stuff, who knows, but I can tell you all that the best stuff I have from Guns N' Roses is his material.

Some people are very ingrate. I've read very bad things about JM, GNROSAS, Limulus, but their stuff are the best things I have in my collection.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Steel_Angel
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2006, 03:28:02 PM »

probably JohnM hoards a lot of stuff, who knows, but I can tell you all that the best stuff I have from Guns N' Roses is his material.

Some people are very ingrate. I've read very bad things about JM, GNROSAS, Limulus, but their stuff are the best things I have in my collection.

i think you have the best signature in heretoday..gonetohell..? hihi

but yeah ive heard john m's stuff.. very sweet.
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2006, 03:38:16 PM »

Just my 2 cents on this matter..

I started collecting boottlegs about 12 years ago but more systematically about 4-5 years ago.

In My opinion these are the main reasons that all this bitching is happening...

- A lot of traders want every show taped on earth released for free to the fans!!!
- A lot of traders who are not able to trade for a show start calling names & insulting other traders.

It would be great everything to be able to be shared for free.
That could have happened if taping was "legal", Didn't cost money to tape, More fans started taping shows and all tapers wanted to share.

In reality Taping:
- involves risk of being thrown out of the concert and damaging your expensive equipment
- makes you lose the excitement of watching your favorite band as you try to tape against all odds
- costs $$$ to tape.
- is "illegal"
- Only few people tape.

When you Tape a show you are on your own sweating and worrying not to get caught while the other 30.000 fans have the best moments of their life...
Then you come back home and a lot of lovely traders in these forums are suddenly your "good" buddies and want your tapes...If you ask for something in return (either $$ to cover your costs or other films to trade) suddenly they start to call you names (Hoarder), insulting you and DEMAND everything to be released for free cause they are fans and they cannot trade for it.

In my opinion

- It is really bad to DEMAND private films to be realeased as if it is your right to obtain them for free as you are fans (but not tapers).
- It looks really bad to bash the few tapers...The more you bash the less they will want to release their films...Just give more respect to tapers & authorers and be gratefull that they managed to film/obtain a show cause there is a chance it may end up in your hands....

Don't bite the hands that feed....Instead go tape a show Smiley

« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 04:30:39 PM by GNROSAS » Logged
BORN TO DIE
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2006, 03:45:02 PM »

Gnrosas,awsome post,but i doubt they can really read it ,becaouse they are to deep in their own sh%t right now rofl

WHY DONT YOU JUST.....FUCK OFF

HOPE U NEVER FIND HOB 01.01.2001 (LMAO )

Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2006, 03:54:54 PM »

on gnrosas stand point he is right in alot of ways but also wrong' see i tried to do what he did with my cd set i got screwed on it but it is ok for him told his stuff back trade for rare ect but if i try i get bash? screwed ect is that fair no but it happened.? ? ? ? ? ? ? enough on that

now on the point of releasing shuff free i do more than most.

now when it comes to sharing gnr audio there is no one like me
i was the one on the pct to share all 85-90audio
i am the one that put out all audio 85-2002 and some 2006

i am the one that buys the shit shares freely all the stuff but 1 set so far

here is a list that i bought since janurary shared freely

GUNS N' ROSES / DAYS OF DESTRUCTION
GUNS N' ROSES / THE DONINGTON MICPAD MASSACRE where it was miss read in a trade or not i put out
GUNS N' ROSES / RETURN TO THE LAW OF THE JUNGLE? will come out
GUNS N' ROSES / ?? VERSION 1.01 alot of demoes and real stuff can not be shared htgh
GUNS N' ROSES / NO SLEEP 'TIL HAMMERSMITH
GUNS N' ROSES / CITY OF ILLUSION
GUNS N' ROSES / Mountain Rock
GUNS N' ROSES / Rock In Rio Lisoboa 2006 tv broadcast
GUNS N' ROSES / Mountain Rock II
GUNS N' ROSES / HAMMERSTEIN BALLROOM 2006
GUNS N' ROSES - WATCH YOU BLEED
GUNS N' ROSES / LONDON CALLING
GUNS N' ROSES / USE YOUR ILLUSION OUTTAKES "2nd Edition Plus"
GUNS N'ROSES / LEAKED DEMOCRACY
GUNS N' ROSES / TOO BAD YOU'RE FUCKED UP
GUNS N' ROSES / PICTURE YOURSELF IN SAN DIEGO
GUNS N' ROSES / DEEP DOWN INSIDE
GUNS N'ROSES / SELF DESTRUCT ERA = ACES HIGH presentsAt NAKANO SUN PLAZA COMPLETE & NEW REMASTERED EDITION
GUNS N' ROSES / DEAD FLOWERS
GUNS N' ROSES / ANOTHER MARQUEE TAPE
GUNS N' ROSES / VIVID ILLUSION
GUNS N' ROSES / ACCIDENTIAL FxxKIN' DISCHARGE A.F.D. NORTH AMERICAN TOUR 1988
GUNS N' ROSES / SPANISH HARLEM

i bought it all i mean all released it all but the few that i can not share here i will upload the hammer i changed my mind just to show that i do release everything give me 2 days off from upping is all

also i wanted to add if they did not get it from me if u traced the cdr's u got that are john m cd sets u go back where everyone got them some from me some threw others from me but  also if they got it from john m or a person john m tradeed to it was because of me in 1999 2000 2001 buying from john m he put all his cass tapes on cdr because of me.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 04:02:48 PM by timebomb » Logged

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2006, 04:04:32 PM »

When you Tape a show you are on your own sweating and worrying not to get caught while the other 30.000 fans have the best moments of their life...

I understand that. Even sending some updates with a phone takes away your attention from the show...

But then the question is, why do you tape a show? For your own enjoyment, you want to document an event or because you want to share something cool with fellow fans?

I also understand why some fans collect bootlegs, they love the music.

The only thing that puzzles me is the stupid fighting.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2006, 04:07:50 PM »

stop the hoarding all together the fighting would end if all shared everything they had i mean everything hands down. there would be no bitch. if it is audio well if u share put in flac first then mp3 for those that like that. dvd for those that like that same with divx or vcd

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
zombux
Legend

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2006, 04:11:22 PM »

stop the hoarding all together the fighting would end if all shared everything they had i mean everything hands down. there would be no bitch. if it is audio well if u share put in flac first then mp3 for those that like that. dvd for those that like that same with divx or vcd

nice idea but you never make things like this, some people just want to keep stuff for themselves. I understand when someone keeps stuff for some time, it's absolutely legit because they try to get more stuff out through trading. but I don't understand why people hoard stuff - yes, hoarding is the name for people like the one who has for example VMA 2002 rehearsals - he won't trade it, he won't sell it. so what's the point of this behaviour? Huh

remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2006, 04:20:08 PM »

yes, hoarding is the name for people like the one who has for example VMA 2002 rehearsals - he won't trade it, he won't sell it. so what's the point of this behaviour? Huh

not sure, probably money still is something that drives filmers or "keepers of the vault" Wink

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
zombux
Legend

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2006, 04:29:42 PM »

yes, hoarding is the name for people like the one who has for example VMA 2002 rehearsals - he won't trade it, he won't sell it. so what's the point of this behaviour? Huh

not sure, probably money still is something that drives filmers or "keepers of the vault" Wink

this guy was offered pretty huge sums of money, he denied. he would have sold it because it's losing its value now with 2006 stuff coming. I don't understand it

Mahler_22
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2006, 04:43:18 PM »

hey jarmo, here's what i think on the "fight" about bootlegs..

First of all, There's certain people here who loves to demand uploads. Have you ever read post like: "upload xx-xx-06" or something, sometimes they dont even say thanks. Now, other people complain for not having what others have.  When these poeple who have a lot of shows say that they have it, all who dont get access to this show start to complain bad. They go insult people for not sharing. Take some south american people, for example, they dont have, lets say, lot of resources or ways to get some dvds, so, next thing you know, they sell, they leech, etc et,, so if they know theres something out there, and cant get it, they get mad. For no reason, when its not anyone's fault that they cant get this shows.  There's a lot of envy on this site, and in certain people hating a few like BTD and GNROSAS and John M. If we talk about certain people, John M and gnrosas and i think timebomb and others, they actually go and tape shows audio or video, then its up to them to release or not their stuff. Also thats another reason why some people go like: Ok, i would prefer i havent known about this.  People like me who have never been to a gnr show in my entire life all we have its the bootlegs, but i cant force people to give me what i want, its a little stupid dont you think? ,, i believe that the only reason of bootlegs existence (spl?) is people's good will. And people can insult each other and call names to certain people, but thats not gettin them any closer to what they want.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2006, 04:48:07 PM »

I guess I don't understand it either. If someone has something "rare" but has no intentions sharing it, then don't even bring it up, and no one will have anything to bitch about. For me personally, I only download a couple of the best sounding shows from each tour. Most of the bootlegs out there just don't sound very good. The only shows I REALLY want, are the ones that I've been too, and I got 3 out of 4, but it's not gonna piss me off if I never get the the 4th one. Even if one day someone claims to have it, and won't share it, I have no reason to get mad. I have other things in life to worry about, lol a concert from 2001 isn't gonna cause me to loose any sleep. I also have a lot of respect for the original tapers as well. They put a lot of effort into getting a recording, they take a lot more risks than I'll ever be willing to take at a Gn'R show. And I hope that someone wil take those risks and tape the upcoming Vegas shows, but if not, oh darn, I think I'll live. Ok, I am done, see you all in Vegas!

Axl is God.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2006, 05:27:58 PM »

i guess it`s about the money and about being the only person who has something....

the first problem is one that can be solved... the second one unfortunately not...

it`s expensive and hard work to record a show, it`s also expensive to buy a bootleg somewhere, so i understand why people who do that don`t want to share it for free without getting their money back or even making a little profit....

i guess the best thing to do is posting a paypal link right next to the download link....  do you remember when darknemus (was it him?) bought off the hammerstein dvds from ebay?  it worked fine like that...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2006, 05:30:44 PM »

The question is: why do people film shows? It would be stupid just to film shows for yourself. Cause otherwise you could just enjoy the show. People who film shows are part of the trading community and want to keep the community alive.
I've only filmed one show until now (graspop) and i will share it freely on pctracker. I could keep it for trades so i can expand my collection, but i think it should be a give n' take. ?If every filmer would act like this, there would be no bitching and shit.

People should stop being concerned about themselves so much and start enjoying the fun of collecting and sharing bootlegs.
Just because filming means risk you wanna keep it for yourself? That doesn't make much sense to me.
Why do people in the U2 community obviously not think like this?

So get everything out there and keep the community alive

fuck all the hoarding and special trades shit. it's lame

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2006, 05:39:10 PM »

For the record, I don't think collecting bootlegs is sad.

It's just sad to see what's happening in this section on a daily basis.

I'm trying to figure out why some of you keep fighting.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2006, 06:01:04 PM »

For the record, I don't think collecting bootlegs is sad.

It's just sad to see what's happening in this section on a daily basis.

I'm trying to figure out why some of you keep fighting.

/jarmo

1 reason why I think a lot of people say shit back to one another here is they either have nothing better to do and are bored(so as to have something to do) or they just generally just like to talk shit, it's just how some people are, sad may it be, but it's just in some people's nature

as for the whole hoarding and trading shit, I won't even bother to get into the topic as it has been debated upon way to much in the past and the shit should just be dropped, people that hoard shit aren't gonna release anything because A. they are obviously hoarding what they have and B. becuase some of them just like to listen to many of you fight amongst yourselves over the shit. People like to trade shit in order to get other shit they don't have, I myself tade GNR bootlegs quite often in order to get new shit that I don't have already, regardless of what it is I have and shit, I just love to listen/watch shit from my fav band regardless of how "rare" it may be, who cares, that doesn't make listening to the show any better does it? a lot of this shit just doesn't make sense at all. And hey I will admit that back when I was trying to get the last few audio shows that I needed I kept a few of the so called "rarer" shows to myself initially in order to get the last few, but once I got all the audio, what sense is there to just keep it all for myself, I'm not gonna be able to get anything else with trading, so I created a forum(that is no longer around due to problems) and shared everything that I had with anyone that joined the forum.

Also, I agree with some points GNROSAS made about the tapers, they go to a show and miss out on enjoying it by having to watch out for security and shit and make sure they do a decent job of taping the show, so they should get more recognition and should get a little payback for taping, as he said it does cost to tape shows...

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2006, 06:05:29 PM »

I think 90% of the problem is the attitude from one poster in particular.   Get rid of him, there wouldn't be as many problems.   I don't think I need to say who I'm  talking about.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: