Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:02:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  GN'R "bootleg traders" - the saddest bunch of fans?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R "bootleg traders" - the saddest bunch of fans?  (Read 17880 times)
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2006, 04:14:44 AM »

Firstly, I totally appreciate the stand that HTGTH has taken regarding the selling of bootleg material. It was decided that this isn't the place. Being a member of the forum that should be respected.

What I can't understand is the people who stop others from buying material for their collection which is available elsewhere, I use ebay for example. I purchased alot of items from ebay in order to be able to commence TRADING with others. Before I am hammered by those hoarders, I know its illegal to seel bootlegs on ebay, but so is taping the stuff in the first place. You can't have one rule for one and one for another.

Now I see that one or two people for what I see no other reason but to hoard their 'exclusive' material report sellers to ebay and listings are removed. Collecting has always been the same for whatever you collect you want the biggest and best collection. You want to be the one that completes the football sticker album before anyone else....Its ok for 10 year olds, but for heavens sake.... We are all fan's let's have alittle community spirit and freely share.

Keep em under your wheels.........

Keep em under your wheels.
badapple81
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2006, 06:53:27 AM »

It's just sad that the GN'R trading community fight so much and there seems to be so much resentment because of the hoarding that seems to happen.

I don't get it.. life is short.. why not share everything and make the most of the enjoyment while we can and while we are all so into GN'R.. why go through life keeping something to yourself.. is it going to make you feel any more important and special? Is it really going to matter when you are old are nobody really gives a fuck anymore? Let's just start sharing.. it only takes one person to put what they have out there and hopefully more will follow  ok Let's end the hoarding and let past arguements etc. stay behind us and move on.. like GN'R in 2006  Wink
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2006, 07:30:10 AM »

By the way that guy is Velvet1223. His name is Scott Hopkins and he's for fucking real. He sent me screenshots of all (i think) all of his GNR stuff that nobody has. It's all of the old band by the way apart from the VMA rehearsals. If he wants ?1000 for that collection and 500 fans put $2 towards it then why not, go for it!

This is the guy that accidentally leaked CBGBs proshot btw.
Basically anything that ever aired on MTV he will have. Possibly a Ritz master, who knows?
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2006, 07:33:46 AM »

let's make a list of people then who would be willing to chip in. what rare stuff does he have? besides rehearsals

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2006, 07:34:14 AM »

I'd give money if I had any Undecided instead I can just offer sharing anything I have. sorry I can't participate in anything that needs money Sad

Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2006, 07:36:44 AM »

Man e-mail him or something, he sent soo many screenshots.

Like i said almost anything that was ever on MTV.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2006, 10:59:40 AM »

I just have a question as to why someone would pay so much money for the 2002 VMA rehearsals.  That was a bad performance for GNR, I can't imagine the rehearsals would be any better.  Is it because you guys just must have it at any cost even though it was when Axl was not at the top of his game as he is now?  Not looking for a fight, just looking for the reasoning that someone would want this besides the fact that it's rare.
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2006, 11:22:45 AM »

I don't want it at all, agreed, worst Axl performance ever apart from the first 30 secs. What i want is the old stuff .ie when GNR was GNR.
Gunnershome
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2006, 11:24:20 AM »

I dont understand that from vmas...i have the original 18 dollar from mtv usa..they send it by airmail...its an original dual layer..
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2006, 11:26:09 AM »

I dont understand that from vmas...i have the original 18 dollar from mtv usa..they send it by airmail...its an original dual layer..

They send you what? A copy of the show?
Gunnershome
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2006, 11:28:33 AM »

the compleet original show with the compleet gnr performence..original mtv usa.we bought it there.(vmas 2002) no problem at all  Grin ok
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2006, 11:34:16 AM »

the compleet original show with the compleet gnr performence..original mtv usa.we bought it there.(vmas 2002) no problem at all? Grin ok

Oh, that's not what is being discussed.  They are talking about the rehearsals for that.  I hope I never have to see any GNR performance of the likes of VMA 2002 again.  That made me cry, and not a good cry.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2006, 11:44:36 AM »

i have that vma dvd from mtv too. it sucks. lots of cuts in it

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Gunnershome
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2006, 11:54:44 AM »

sorry but mine dont sucks and i think that that performence isent so bad at all...Axl has his problems with hearing himself in his ear but things like this and moment like this are normal in a live show...time was to short to make it good but there are also good moments in this performence.its nice to see he is human and has his bad moments..it was a kind of a gamble to show up here and they diddent win but sometimes you must give it a try.in 1988 Axl did wttj and it went to a hit..my thoughts wre that they gonna try it again tonight at vmas before the usa gigs started and then directly bring on chinese democracy.i thought it was a kind of way in usa that you bring out a cd there while you begin to tour there.people who wanted that "orig" vma disc dual layer: send me a dual layer and anough stamps to send it back and i will burn them for free for you.only replying on emails no pms (to much sites to check that)good show tonight!
zombux
Legend

« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2006, 11:55:41 AM »

we're talking about this:

http://chinesedemocracy.com/viewtopic.php?t=7905
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=30299.0
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=32827.0
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=23237.0
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=22124.0

Gunnershome
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2006, 11:59:34 AM »

ok sorry, i have only that normal mtv clip of the rehearsels
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2006, 12:10:38 PM »

I'm not trying to be awkward but if/when these rehearsals are finally available, it'll probably be a big let-down because people want them so much and will expect more.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2006, 12:11:31 PM »

Never saw a pic of Buckethead without the bucket, wow!
zombux
Legend

« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2006, 12:14:12 PM »

so, maybe now you know better Wink

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2006, 12:15:28 PM »

so, maybe now you know better Wink

Never doubted but I do have to admit now I am curious after seeing the pics, haha

But for 1000 I will stay curious
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: