Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:11:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2002 VMA performance was a debacle?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2002 VMA performance was a debacle?  (Read 24643 times)
[mango]
Rocker

Chris Pitman = GNR

« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2006, 05:11:32 PM »

this is fucking classic Cool

As well as this

Tongue

And 4 yrs later.....

Cheesy

18.9.2010 @ Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria - I was almost there
24.9.2010 @ Arena, Zagreb, Croatia - I was there
17.7.2012 @ Spaladium Arena, Split, Croatia - I was there too
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2006, 06:24:12 PM »

...Axl looked so fucking ugly in 2002, seemed a poor man who pretended ta be a rock star? Undecided

when i saw him in 2001 i thought he didn't use ta wear so bad, it wasn't so bad but when I saw him at VMAs 2002 then i understood that something so fucking weird was happenin' ta his mind, even i don't thik Axl's hair is honestly nice these days, maybe it's just cuz Axl n' Christina Aguilera go to da'same hairdressing salon? hihi
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 06:27:50 PM by AxlRoseVen » Logged
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2006, 09:13:36 PM »

I didn't think Axl was joking when he called the 2002 performance a catastrophy.  I think he knows exactly how it went down, but who wants to go into the embarrassing stuff they've done.  I think that's why he said what he said about the band... but he also gave credit to the crowd who were pumped that night, cheering him on.

I am a HUGE Axl fan, and I have to say, I cannot watch that performance.  It makes me cringe.  I thought that beginning scream was AWESOME, but I can't watch anymore after that.  Personally, I think he might have blown out his voice because of that first scream.  And Axl was definitely not fat.  He had a bit of pudge around his waist, but who here hasn't gained weight as they've gotten older?  Compare Axl to your average 46 year old guy and he wouldn't look fat at all.

Someone asked about throat problems... I read an interview years ago where Axl mentioned having polyps removed from his throat.
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2006, 09:21:17 PM »

He just totally messed up Jungle. Maddy and Paradise werent too bad, but jungle was aweful, but the performance in general was cool. The audience went crazy

I disagree. Jungle was the only tolerable part. The final chorus was real bad. Madasgar was bad. and Paradise City, while axl was singing was a complete train wreck.

I thought the first verse in jungle was good.

The poor performance is why its a debacle.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
EccoTides
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2006, 10:24:25 PM »

Eh, I thought the performance was alright - Jungle was average, Madagascar sounnded great, but PC really sucked on pretty much all fronts.

An uneven performance, sure - But I don't think it was quite a debacle.
31illusions
I am the coolest guy I know
Rocker

Axl, slash, duff, izzy & steven. The true GN'R!

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2006, 10:46:23 PM »

I personally think the band played almost perfectly, but it was in fact axl that was off. His voice was too high. he screwed up a lyric or two and ran around WAY too much. He tried to show he was still GN'R with members that no one had any clue who they were. But now that we know who they are, They're doing just fine.  hihi

There you go, negative karma for you for being a troll. I'll give gandra negative karma as well. Happy now?  Next time you try this behavior will be the last. keep that in mind.

/jarmo
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2006, 10:51:39 PM »

he was out of breath, fucking with his ear piece half the time, it was terrible...and he admits it
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2006, 11:32:11 PM »

Just watched it again, and these are my thoughts:

Welcome To The Jungle really was BAD on Axl's part, but the band sounded great.

On Madagascar the band and Axl sound amazing, especially Axl on some of the higher vocal parts. The "we end together" part still sends shivers down my spine! ok

But then Axl goes back to sounding really bad again on Paradise City. The band still sounds great though.

At the time it was originally shown, it was great to see Axl back and all, but his shoddy vocals definitely overshadowed all of that unfortunately. I actually thought at the time too that it may have been done on purpose by Axl - sing the old songs bad to make the new song sound better, but I highly doubt it... hihi

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
31illusions
I am the coolest guy I know
Rocker

Axl, slash, duff, izzy & steven. The true GN'R!

« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2006, 11:43:19 PM »

I actually thought at the time too that it may have been done on purpose by Axl - sing the old songs bad to make the new song sound better, but I highly doubt it...

That made me laugh. I highly doubt that too. I don't think he would purposefully make himself look stupid.

There you go, negative karma for you for being a troll. I'll give gandra negative karma as well. Happy now?  Next time you try this behavior will be the last. keep that in mind.

/jarmo
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2006, 05:20:04 PM »

I actually thought at the time too that it may have been done on purpose by Axl - sing the old songs bad to make the new song sound better, but I highly doubt it...

I don't think he would purposefully make himself look stupid.

oh yeah? why does axl's hair is so fucking ugly STILL then?  he wanna look like a Jamaican girl who pretends ta be blond , I guess now it?s time for him ta look in the mirror cuz he's not a reggae singer, think so  confused
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2006, 05:32:11 PM »

Axlroseven, get over it.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2006, 02:09:59 PM »

I don't think he would purposefully make himself look stupid.

oh yeah? why does axl's hair is so fucking ugly STILL then?? he wanna look like a Jamaican girl who pretends ta be blond , I guess now it?s time for him ta look in the mirror cuz he's not a reggae singer, think so? confused

I truly believe you are not quite the full ticket mate! You need to take a long look at yourself before you post again! Some of your posts are not only very annoying and seem to be posted just to gauge a reaction, but they are incredibly odd! Just chill out and dont take life so seriously! Mike

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2006, 02:15:32 PM »

Tell me something. I was thinking, when i was listening to a bootleg of "it taste good don't it" AXL said that he blew his throat out and a doctor wanted to do surgery on it. Could it be possible that at some point during axl's many, many years off, that he had throat surgery, and maybe thats why his voice sucked?

The only surgery Axl had on his throat was in 1988...before the tour with Aerosmith..

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2006, 02:18:26 PM »

The only surgery Axl had on his throat was in 1988...before the tour with Aerosmith..

Are you certain? I thought he had something done after that.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2006, 02:23:32 PM »

THE START OF JUNGLE BEFORE THE LYRICS - VERY GOOD...AFTER THAT...SHIT

MADAGASCAR WASN'T THAT BAD AT ALL....INSTRUMENALLY - EXCELLENT.....VOCALLY - EHH....OK

PARADISE CITY - HORRIBLE...

seriously...that was the BEST instrumental performance of Madagascar I have ever heard....just listen to it, even when Axl is singing....very, very dramatic and original.... peace

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2006, 02:28:15 PM »

Not to my knownledge...I have read almost every article and interview and newsclipping since I became a fan in 87'. That year was the only time that it was ever proven and talked about as far as Axl having surgery , unless I am forgetting something. If I am...copy and paste an article I may have missed....I think I am correct though.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2006, 02:29:18 PM »

Not to my knownledge...I have read almost every article and interview and newsclipping since I became a fan in 87'. That year was the only time that it was ever proven and talked about as far as Axl having surgery , unless I am forgetting something. If I am...copy and paste an article I may have missed....I think I am correct though.

i think he was close to surgery in 92 but didn't actually get it done...but I'm not 100%

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2006, 02:31:14 PM »

i think he was close to surgery in 92 but didn't actually get it done...but I'm not 100%

That is strange since his voice actually started to get better and MUCH more consistent from mid 92 - 93...the end of the tour.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2006, 02:35:17 PM »

That is strange since his voice actually started to get better and MUCH more consistent from mid 92 - 93...the end of the tour.

yeah but in around the vma's and montreal wasn't he really fucked up? when was that shit goin down?

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2006, 02:42:57 PM »

yeah but in around the vma's and montreal wasn't he really fucked up? when was that shit goin down?

Yes....that one and one of the shows at Giants stadium with Metallica were the only 2 shows during that time where his voice was failing him.....Both were during the tour with Metallica.... yes...His voice sounded amazing during November Rain at the VMA'S in 92' though.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: