Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:04:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Street Teams
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Street Teams  (Read 32768 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« on: January 28, 2006, 07:24:40 PM »

Ok I posted this in dead horse.. but I realized no ones gonna respond.. so...

Whats all this I hear about "street teams" being mentioned in the past? What are they.. and what does Mysterion have to do with em? (I head him mentioned along with him)

Sorry if this has been discussed

gnrevolution.com
misterbrownstone
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 07:27:12 PM »

street teams are groups of fans of a band that get packages promoting new stuff (new dvd, new tour, new album, etc.)  they get stuff like stickers, posters, clings (these smaller posters that use static to cling to stuff), bumper stickers, etc. that have the bands name, the album name, release date and website so other non fans, or long ago fans can find out about the new album/tour/whatever so it sells better.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 07:30:31 PM »

street teams are groups of fans of a band that get packages promoting new stuff (new dvd, new tour, new album, etc.)  they get stuff like stickers, posters, clings (these smaller posters that use static to cling to stuff), bumper stickers, etc. that have the bands name, the album name, release date and website so other non fans, or long ago fans can find out about the new album/tour/whatever so it sells better.

So when was GN'R supposed to get some? Anyone? I know this was talked about before...

gnrevolution.com
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 07:34:47 PM »

street teams are groups of fans of a band that get packages promoting new stuff (new dvd, new tour, new album, etc.)? they get stuff like stickers, posters, clings (these smaller posters that use static to cling to stuff), bumper stickers, etc. that have the bands name, the album name, release date and website so other non fans, or long ago fans can find out about the new album/tour/whatever so it sells better.

So when was GN'R supposed to get some? Anyone? I know this was talked about before...

Probably when there's something to promote.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 07:37:03 PM »

Lol.. I know that... but.. wasn't it a plan sometime in '02 that got shelved? I just want to hear what happened... if it was a rumor.. or whatever.. and if so who brought it up. If it never happened then thats cool...

/jarmo

gnrevolution.com
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 07:38:49 PM »

/jarmo

Iv'e always presumed that's the way it normally works...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 07:40:03 PM »

There were street teams for the 2002 North American tour.

Also, some plans on how to organize future street teams were made in 2004 (I think). But nothing was promoted.

Some people think the teams were working in 2004, but that wasn't the case.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 07:48:33 PM »

I would encourage people not to engage in street team activity; I know when I read messages from street teamers on other boards, it annoys me to no end.  Plus, idiots carelessly toss around empty titles like East Coast Street Team President, as if that justifies spamming. It is better to spread the word of Axl by word of mouth when and where appropriate and not engaging in the base actions of die hard Britney Spears and/or Linkin Park fanatics.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 08:35:01 PM »

Street teams?
TELL MERCK TO DO HIS JOB.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2006, 08:51:13 PM »

Street teams?

Funny.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2006, 09:39:31 PM »

That's a waste, and no one even sees those things, people just assume its for a garage sale or something.  IT's just clutter.  Crappy bands do that here in L.A. and then they drop off the face of the earth.
noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2006, 12:57:11 AM »

Why does GNR need street teams HuhHuh?

Granted it's not the original lineup but they're not a fucking garage band out of New Jersey.  Just buy CD when and if it comes out and buy tickets to the concerts. 

Stay out the streets
Origen
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2006, 06:54:16 AM »

There were street teams for the 2002 North American tour.

Also, some plans on how to organize future street teams were made in 2004 (I think). But nothing was promoted.

Some people think the teams were working in 2004, but that wasn't the case.

/jarmo

Some people tried to start a street team in 2004/5. The furthest they got was a website and forum.

It was funny because they called it the "official" Guns n Roses Street Team, and recieved a email from the GnR Management telling them to stop it.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2006, 07:44:00 AM »

Street teams?

Funny.? Roll Eyes

/jarmo
I'm serious. I was not even "trying" to be funny. It's his job to promote the band.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 07:45:43 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2006, 07:51:51 AM »

I'm serious. I was not even "trying" to be funny. It's his job to promote the band.

I'm glad you know what his job is.  ok

/jarmo

AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2006, 11:54:17 AM »

i actually do street team stuff as my job making 15 bucks an hour but Ill do it for free if people are getting one together here in LA for GnR.  I know all the best spots to hang shit and hand shit out etc....
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2006, 12:00:38 PM »

Axl doesn't need street teams. The very second he gives the 'go' signal for CD, it will be on CNN.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2006, 12:05:13 PM »

Axl doesn't need street teams. The very second he gives the 'go' signal for CD, it will be on CNN.

Well, it depends on how you look at it!
I would do the street team for showing my support to Axl and the band. Not for making this the best selling album. I would only do it for
the fun, and support!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2006, 12:09:31 PM »

GNR is my all time favorite band but......................

give me a break on having them have street teams. 

This is Axl Rose for christ's sake.   EVERYONE has heard of him and GNR and CD will have NO problem selling itself.
Warren
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2006, 12:17:45 PM »

The day after Axl's new band played the MTV MVA in 2002, they were on CNN actually... The journalist said after having commented other bands :"...and this was presented as Guns N'Roses although Axl Rose is the only original member."

Don't expect too much help from CNN to promote CD...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: