Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:55:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Street Teams
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Street Teams  (Read 32661 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2006, 03:24:39 PM »

Nah, they're not mainstream successes.  They've only sold 15 million albums throughout their career.  Think of the Stones, Springsteen...big name acts.  As much as some might hate to acknowledge, GN'R is still a top act.  ok
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2006, 03:26:40 PM »

Did Sanctuary use street teams to promote Iron Maiden's new album?  I don't think so, that's just a tactic that I don't see Merck using.

well garry, i don't really care what you think merck's tactics are, you're just an 18 year old kid and have a lot to learn yet about business and the music industry

I'm not saying either that GNR will definately have street teams, but i think you're being just a bit ignorant by making statements like "only nobody's [sic] use such lame tactics."  Especially when Mystereon has said that GNR will have street teams.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 03:29:58 PM by nonlinear » Logged

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2006, 03:28:55 PM »

Nah, they're not mainstream successes.? They've only sold 15 million albums throughout their career.? Think of the Stones, Springsteen...big name acts.? As much as some might hate to acknowledge, GN'R is still a top act.? ok

It doesn't get much more mainstream than Megadeth. Are they the Stones in terms of commercial success? hell no, but I think many bands would love to have that kind of career.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2006, 03:31:17 PM »

Nonlinear, that's your opinion and it's cool, but when you go out to your local telephone pole and look at all the junk pasted on it, you're like, "Who ARE these people?"

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2006, 03:33:12 PM »

Right , those are local bands! We are saying that plenty of mainstream bands use Street Teams as well. Gn'R has been out of the public eye for a while ( in terms of record releases) and they need all the help they can get. Street Teams involve a lot more than papering your local corner telephone pole peace

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2006, 03:33:36 PM »

Nonlinear, that's your opinion and it's cool, but when you go out to your local telephone pole and look at all the junk pasted on it, you're like, "Who ARE these people?"

thats only because there's a lot more unknown bands than known bands, fool.  think about things before you say them.

Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2006, 03:34:55 PM »

Buckcherry is much more mainstream than GNR is right now guys.  I'm sure GNR would love for a single off their album to do as well or be as good as Crazy Bitch.  That song reminds me of what GNR used to be like.  Raw and awesome!!!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2006, 03:36:22 PM »

Right , those are local bands! We are saying that plenty of mainstream bands use Street Teams as well. Gn'R has been out of the public eye for a while ( in terms of record releases) and they need all the help they can get. Street Teams involve a lot more than papering your local corner telephone pole peace

As long as it's done in a tasteful manner and doesn't sully the GN'R name and legacy.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2006, 03:39:51 PM »

As long as it's done in a tasteful manner and doesn't sully the GN'R name and legacy.

Right now, if I were to go and stand on a busy street corner, with a Megaphone and yell " GUNS N ROSES-CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS....UMMM FAIRLY SOON!!" then that would be more promotion that what is currently being done publicly  for Gn'R . If you need proof of that, look at their quarter-assed ( Half assed, would be a compliment) "official" site that has the 2002 logo up for 2006 dates. The same site that apparently thinks Europe is unimportant as there were no dates listed for the entire 06 European Tour.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2006, 03:42:46 PM »

I agree, GN'R doesn't do much promotion, but still, Europe was a success eh?
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2006, 04:16:17 PM »

^^^WOW this guy loves to argue, even when he's clearly wrong about something, he'll just keep changing his argument ever so slightly to keep it going

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2006, 04:18:21 PM »

The whole point of this message board is to discuss things.   confused
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2006, 06:59:40 PM »

I agree that GNR needs a little help in the promotion department. Everytime I bring them up, people say, "They are still around?" They have lots of fans that don't come on to these forums and because of that they never knew about the European tour or about the album coming out this year. However, once they decide on a release date I'm sure they will start some decent promotion with or without street teams.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2006, 11:02:07 PM »

The whole point of this message board is to discuss things.   confused

Garry you clearly don't understand. Your like, what? A little kid? Yeah. So your opinion is invalid. Duh.

Also, if you want my opinion GNR definitly doesn't need a street team (though it might be fun.) Give em some time on MTV and they'll be fine from there. To be fair about the "what about megadeth" discussion.. Megadeth doesn't exactly get too much airplay on MTV when they release a naw album.. they are more underground than GNR.

GNR will have promo when they decide to go out and get some. Otherwise, lets not worry.

-jack

PS. Garry you are dumb. Dumbdumbdumbdumbdumbdumb... dumbo!

gnrevolution.com
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2006, 11:26:42 PM »

Jack, I'm gonna have to disagree, because I love to argue.

Maybe street teams were cool if you were born in '79, but Jack you old fart, need to get with the times.

P.S.  You don't know anything about the industry and your mom sounds like she's 20.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2006, 11:34:39 PM »

Jack, I'm gonna have to disagree, because I love to argue.

Maybe street teams were cool if you were born in '79, but Jack you old fart, need to get with the times.

P.S.  You don't know anything about the industry and your mom sounds like she's 20.

Your a joke coke boy. You kids and your fancy smancy CD's. I listen'd to phonographs back in '12.

Street teams are needed for a big band like GNR. Im a member of the Rolling Stone street team!  Grin

gnrevolution.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: