Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:04:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread  (Read 175751 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #480 on: October 11, 2011, 11:37:32 AM »

How Ozzy keeps on ticking

October 11, 2011

Emboldened by his extraordinary medical history, Osbourne releases ?Trust Me, I?m Dr. Ozzy? (Grand Central Publishing, $26.99) today. Inspired by his column of the same name in the Sunday Times and Rolling Stone, the book is a compendium of really dumb medical questions paired with Osbourne?s shockingly sensible advice.

?It?s just common sense,? he said of his wisdom. ?It?s people saying, ?Every time I scratch my nose my eye hurts.? ?Then bloody don?t scratch your nose,? I say.?

But with no specific finding explaining his ability to pull through any trauma, the Times thought it was a good idea to let him explain his own survivor tactics in print. Well, that and respond to hilariously stupid questions.

?One girl said, ?I want to get a face lift but then I want to cover my face up when I go to work because I don?t want anyone to see what I?ve done,? ? he explained. ?I said, ?Great, don?t have a (expletive) face lift.? Doesn?t she realize everyone?s going to wonder why she?s wearing a (expletive) ski mask at work?? hihi

The best health news in ?Trust Me? is Osbourne is well enough to write a book. As the overlord of the metal world, headbangers worry that the 62-year-old?s rockin? days are coming to a close.

No need to worry. Yet.

?As long as they want to see me, as long as I can still physically do it, I want to play,? he said. ?I can?t do it forever, I?ll bloody fall apart, but while I can do it, I will.?

http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/music/general/view/2011_1011how_ozzy_keeps_on_ticking/srvc=home&position=also

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #481 on: October 18, 2011, 09:08:59 PM »

Video: Osbourne gives advice in 'Trust Me, I'm Dr. Ozzy'

He's been there, done that, and now clean-and-sober rocker Ozzy Osbourne is ready to answer your health questions in Trust Me, I'm Dr. Ozzy: Advice From Rock's Ultimate Survivor (Grand Central, $26.99). Watch an exclusive USA TODAY video of the inimitable Dr. Oz talking about his new book.

Video here: http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/story/2011-10-19/ozzy-osbourne-promo/50806684/1

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #482 on: October 24, 2011, 01:48:55 PM »

Tony Iommi's Journey Through Heaven and Hell

The Black Sabbath guitar great on his new book, John Bonham and a Sabbath reunion

I remember reading earlier this year that the original Black Sabbath line-up was reuniting for a new album and tour. What's the status?
I remember reading that, as well [laughs]. There is no status at the moment. That's something that always can happen. We just get on with it and see what happens.

Are all the original Sabbath members on good terms?
Yes, I think so. I talk to Ozzy a lot ? we've always been in contact. And I talk to Bill occasionally. Geez, I played with him until Ronnie [James Dio] passed away. We still stay in contact. Geezer is not one for being on the phone, we normally email. We all get on well ? I don't think there's any bad vibes or anything.

When was the last time all four original Sabbath members were in the same room?
A long time ago.

If Sabbath were to work on a new album, do you think the new material could measure up to the group's early classics?
I don't know ? that's always the question, isn?t it? But I don't know if you'd try and match it up. We've moved on since then. I don't know quite what we'd be doing. It would be a Black Sabbath thing, but I don't know to what extent. Until that's written and done, I wouldn't know.

What would it take then for the original Sabbath to reunite?
The band can decide to do something, but there are a lot of people involved, and everybody's got individual managers. It's not as easy as like it was in the old days ? us all going in one room and it all works. I mean, we can certainly do that, but it's a bit more involved than that.

Lastly, if Iron Man is ever made into a movie, who should play you?
I never thought of that one. I don't know ? I'm too old to play myself, I suppose [laughs].

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/tony-iommis-journey-through-heaven-and-hell-20111024

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #483 on: October 25, 2011, 01:50:25 PM »

BLACK SABBATH PLANNING 2012 US TOUR WITH JUDAS PRIEST & MOTORHEAD?

Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Here is some big news that is sure to get the Heavy Metal tongues wagging! While the original line-up of Black Sabbath look to be reuniting, there is now talk that a US tour will kick-off in early 2012, with...wait for it....metal gods Judas Priest and the mighty Motorhead.

Rumours that Heavy Metal godfathers, Tony Iommi, Ozzy Osbourne, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward, or Black Sabbath as they are more commonly called, are to reunite have been circulating for years, however, now the dream looks to become a reality as the original line-up has apparently already met for their first rehearsal session.

News of the rehearsal session was recently broken by guitarist Iommi, who revealed. "We?ve had a rehearsal and played some of the old stuff and to be together again was great. We?re all on good terms and we?re at a stage where we can play together again. It would be good if we could and I suppose it?s the closest it?s been to be able to do that. It could happen!"

There are now rumours that Black Sabbath will team up with fellow British Heavy Metal legends Judas Priest and Motorhead for a tour of North America in Spring 2012. Stereoboard understands that this tour would take place before Sabbath cross the pond for the UK's Summer festival season in June and July.

Nothing has been officially confirmed by the the band or their management, so this should be just taken as rumours. Its an exciting prospect though eh!

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/168505/9

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #484 on: October 25, 2011, 04:53:37 PM »

BLACK SABBATH PLANNING 2012 US TOUR WITH JUDAS PRIEST & MOTORHEAD?

Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Here is some big news that is sure to get the Heavy Metal tongues wagging! While the original line-up of Black Sabbath look to be reuniting, there is now talk that a US tour will kick-off in early 2012, with...wait for it....metal gods Judas Priest and the mighty Motorhead.

Rumours that Heavy Metal godfathers, Tony Iommi, Ozzy Osbourne, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward, or Black Sabbath as they are more commonly called, are to reunite have been circulating for years, however, now the dream looks to become a reality as the original line-up has apparently already met for their first rehearsal session.

News of the rehearsal session was recently broken by guitarist Iommi, who revealed. "We?ve had a rehearsal and played some of the old stuff and to be together again was great. We?re all on good terms and we?re at a stage where we can play together again. It would be good if we could and I suppose it?s the closest it?s been to be able to do that. It could happen!"

There are now rumours that Black Sabbath will team up with fellow British Heavy Metal legends Judas Priest and Motorhead for a tour of North America in Spring 2012. Stereoboard understands that this tour would take place before Sabbath cross the pond for the UK's Summer festival season in June and July.

Nothing has been officially confirmed by the the band or their management, so this should be just taken as rumours. Its an exciting prospect though eh!

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/168505/9

Would loove to see this tour..But JP are in the middle of there farewell tour right now? and said it would be there last major tour

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #485 on: November 11, 2011, 02:23:53 PM »

It's Official: Original BLACK SABBATH Lineup To Reunite For New Album, World Tour - Nov. 11, 2011

The original lineup of the legendary heavy metal band BLACK SABBATH ? Ozzy Osbourne (vocals), Tony Iommi (guitar), Geezer Butler (bass) and Bill Ward (drums) ? has reunited and will release a brand new album in 2012. The group's first studio effort in 33 years will be produced by Rick Rubin, who has previously worked with METALLICA, SLIPKNOT, SLAYER and SYSTEM OF A DOWN, among many others. A world tour will follow, including an appearance at the U.K.'s Download festival on June 12, 2012.

A three-and-a-half-minute reunion-announcement video can be seen below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=165997

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #486 on: November 11, 2011, 05:00:34 PM »

Awesome! I would love to get to see them live again. Saw them on the reunion tour
gnr85
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #487 on: November 11, 2011, 07:39:52 PM »

this will probably be the last time to see these guys live, hopefully they come close to me

It Tastes Good Don't It?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #488 on: November 12, 2011, 10:59:56 AM »

I think the big news here is the new album with Rick Rubin...this guys amazing and will bringout the best Sabbath has to offer

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #489 on: November 16, 2011, 12:49:01 PM »

Can't believe they're letting that hack Rick Rubin produce their new album.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
overmatik
« Reply #490 on: November 24, 2011, 07:26:46 AM »

Can't believe they're letting that hack Rick Rubin produce their new album.

Well, although I respect Rick's work a lot, I don't think he fits Sabbath that well. Bob Marlette was the right guy to produce the album.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #491 on: January 09, 2012, 12:49:13 PM »

BLACK SABBATH Guitarist TONY IOMMI Diagnosed With Lymphoma - Jan. 9, 2012

Legendary BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi has been diagnosed with the early stages of lymphoma, a cancer of the lymphocytes, a type of cell that forms part of the immune system.

Iommi, 63, is currently working with his doctors to establish the best treatment plan and remains upbeat and determined to make a full and successful recovery.

This comes as BLACK SABBATH ? Ozzy Osbourne (vocals), Tony Iommi (guitar), Geezer Butler (bass) and Bill Ward (drums) ? are writing and recording their first album in 33 years in Los Angeles (still set for release this fall) with producer Rick Rubin. They will now go to the U.K. to continue to work with Tony.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=168044

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #492 on: January 11, 2012, 07:33:56 AM »

Coachella is already cancelled from Black Sabbath, What's the word on other dates including the european tour??
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #493 on: February 02, 2012, 06:18:02 PM »

BLACK SABBATH drummer Bill Ward has announced that he will not be able to partake in the recording sessions for the band's new album and subsequent touring activities unless he is presented with a "fair agreement." His official statement on the matter reads as follows:

"Dear SABBATH fans, fellow musicians and interested parties,

"At this time, I would love nothing more than to be able to proceed with the BLACK SABBATH album and tour. However, I am unable to continue unless a 'signable' contract is drawn up; a contract that reflects some dignity and respect toward me as an original member of the band.

"Last year, I worked diligently in good faith with [fellow original SABBATH members] Tony [Iommi, guitar], Ozzy [Osbourne, vocals] and Geezer [Butler, bass]. And on [November 11, 2011, again in good faith, I participated in the L.A. press conference.

"Several days ago, after nearly a year of trying to negotiate, another 'unsignable' contract was handed to me.

"Let me say that although this has put me in some kind of holding pattern, I am packed and ready to leave the U.S. for England. More importantly, I definitely want to play on the album, and I definitely want to tour with BLACK SABBATH.

"Since the news of Tony's illness, and the understanding that the band would move production to the U.K., I've spent every day getting to or living in a place of readiness to leave. That involves something of a task, and as I've tried to find out what's going on with the U.K. sessions, I've realized that I've been getting 'the cold shoulder' (and, I might add, not for the first time). Feeling somewhat ostracized, my guess is as of today, I will know nothing of what'shappening unless I sign 'the unsignable contract.'

"The place I'm in feels lousy and lonely because as much as I want to play and participate, I also have to stand for something and not sign on. If I sign 'as is,' I stand to lose my rights, dignity and respectability as a rock musician.

"I believe in freedom and freedom of speech.

"I grew up in a hard rock/metal band. We stood for something then, and we played from the heart with honesty and sincerity. I am in the spirit of integrity, far from the corporate malady, I am real and honest, fair and compassionate.

"If I'm replaced, I have to face you, the beloved SABBATH fans. I hope you will not hold me responsible for the failure of an original BLACK SABBATH lineup as promoted. Without fault finding, I want to assure everyone that my loyalty to SABBATH is intact.
"So here I am. I lay my truth down before you. I'm good to go IF I get a 'signable' contract.

"I don't want to let anyone down, especially BLACK SABBATH and all the SABBATH fans. You know I love you. It would be a sad day in rock if this current situation fell to the desires of a few.

"My position is not greed-driven. I'm not holding out for a 'big piece' of the action (money) like some kind of blackmail deal. I?d like something that recognizes and is reflective of my contributions to the band, including the reunions that started fourteen years ago.

"After the last tour, I vowed to never again sign on to an unreasonable contract. I want a contract that shows some respect to me and my family, a contract that will honor all that I've brought to BLACK SABBATH since its beginning.

"That's the story so far.

"Stay safe and stay strong.

"I love every single one of you."

overmatik
« Reply #494 on: February 11, 2012, 08:58:07 PM »

The whole thing has gone to hell:

We were saddened to hear yesterday via Facebook that Bill declined publicly to participate in our current Black Sabbath plans...we have no choice but to continue recording without him although our door is always open... We are still in the UK with Tony. Writing and recording the new album and on a roll... See you at Download!!!

- Tony, Ozzy and Geezer

http://www.facebook.com/BlackSabbath
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #495 on: February 20, 2012, 11:22:58 AM »

Black Sabbath reunion tour downgraded to 'Ozzy and Friends'

Black Sabbath world tour reduced to 15 dates under new name, although band will still play Download festival

Monday 20 February 2012

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/feb/20/black-sabbath-tour-ozzy-friends?newsfeed=true

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #496 on: February 21, 2012, 12:27:59 PM »

Just sad...I hope this has nothing to do with Sharon, or Bill being greedy...It's not Sabbath without the four of them

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #497 on: February 21, 2012, 04:21:32 PM »

Its cause of Tony Iommi's cancer battle.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #498 on: May 19, 2012, 06:59:42 AM »

i know that blabbermouth is a horrible site. but this is just ugly http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=174182

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
overmatik
« Reply #499 on: May 19, 2012, 12:54:05 PM »

i know that blabbermouth is a horrible site. but this is just ugly http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=174182

Absolutely true, you can check out for yourself: www.blacksabbath.com

When you thought that no band could ever go lower than Van Halen, there is always somebody else to go even lower...

And now this, I really don't know what to think anymore:

"At the request of Bill Ward, through his attorney, so as to not give the public the wrong impression about his involvement in the current Black Sabbath lineup, we have temporarily removed Bill Ward's images from the main pages of the blacksabbath.com official website. In accordance with Bill Ward's attorney's request, we are doing so for the duration of the forthcoming shows."

Source: http://www.facebook.com/BlackSabbath/posts/10150842669944615

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:19:32 PM by overmatik » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: