Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:13:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread  (Read 175779 times)
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2005, 01:02:00 AM »

I actually prefer Ozzy's solo stuff over his Sabbath stuff...they're both awesome of course.  Anybody else like his solo work better?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2005, 08:08:29 AM »

I prefer his solo work to Sabbath's work without him. But not to his work with Sabbath. The original Sabbath brought out the best in each other.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2005, 07:02:05 PM »

MTV.com reports: "This could be the year for BLACK SABBATH, LYNYRD SKYNYRD, the SEX PISTOLS and others who have been on the ballot to enter the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame several times over. Artists become eligible 25 years after the release of their first album, so this year's nominating committee looked to 1980 for new nominees and found ... no one. That means the chances are greater for Ozzy and several others, including GRANDMASTER FLASH & THE FURIOUS FIVE, who last year were the first rap act to get nominated; MILES DAVIS; JOHN MELLENCAMP; and BLONDIE."

The foundation's nominating committee, composed of rock and roll historians, selects nominees each year in the "artist" category. Ballots are then sent to an international voting body of about 700 rock experts.

Six years ago, Ozzy Osbourne attempted to take BLACK SABBATH's name off the Hall of Fame's 1999 nomination list, deeming the institution's nod "meaningless."

In an October 1999 letter to the Hall of Fame, Osbourne said: "Just take our name off the list. Save the ink. Forget about us. The nomination is meaningless, because it's not voted on by the fans. It's voted on by the supposed elite for the industry and the media, who've never bought an album or concert ticket in their lives, so their vote is irrelevant to me." He says, "Let's face it, BLACK SABBATH has never been media darlings. We're a people's band and that suits us just fine."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2005, 10:55:41 PM »

Ya No More Tears is my fav Ozzy album and fav song being Dont Want To Change The World

Nah, mine was Blizzard of Ozz, and Crazy Train took that album  ok

great album though, No More Tears

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2005, 11:20:08 PM »

Davis and Osbourne have no place in the Rock Hall of Fame. Jazz, metal, and rap don't belong there.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2005, 06:10:49 AM »

I dont like blizzard of oz cause the recording quality spoils it. Then you go listen to the next album "diary of a madman" then you hear some real quality.

html sucks
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2005, 10:48:37 AM »

Did anyone catch the documentary about Ozzy, on UTV/ITV last night? It was all interviews with him and his family. But seein as I am a very big Ozzy, Sabbath fan, I knew all the info already and was dissapointed. I mean huge blocks of time were skipped, it went from skimming over Ozzy's court case over Suicide Solution for about 3 minutes right up to the making of the Osbournes. That's about 10-15 years completely unaccounted for! And that was just one of the times that happened in the documentary, there were more. None of his music was really discussed either. It was definitely more for REALLY casual Ozzy fans or people that only know who he is from the Osbournes.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2005, 02:58:48 AM »

what i've heard from his solo stuff i really like yes

but i wont lower myself to give them fuckers another dollar, no way no.

especially if drum n' bass tracks were re-recorded from earlier stuff Angry

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2005, 07:18:58 PM »

I think 'Blizzard of Ozz' is his best work solo. 'No More Tears' is pretty good as well.  I never could stand Sharon Osbourne or Kelly for that matter, but they wont be getting another dollar from me. After the shit Sharon Osbourne has done over the course of the last year or so, i wont be supporting anything form the Osbourne camp. I do feel kinda sorry for Ozzy, Sharon really is dragging his name through the coals.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2005, 01:40:18 AM »

Its sad to see a rock icon like Ozzy Osbourne become such a joke.  And its all due to Sharon.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2005, 04:42:49 PM »

The Associated Press is reporting that BLACK SABBATH are among the nominees for a new class of inductees at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, joined by heartland rocker JOHN MELLENCAMP, jazz legend MILES DAVIS, rap pioneers GRANDMASTER FLASH & THE FURIOUS FIVE and BLONDIE.

Cat Stevens, who had folk hits in the 1970s before converting to Islam and largely retiring from music, was also nominated, along with punk rock pioneers THE PATTI SMITH GROUP, the SEX PISTOLS and THE STOOGES.

"Free Bird" singers LYNYRD SKYNYRD, the '60s beat group DAVE CLARK FIVE, Boston-area blues-rockers J. GEILS BAND, dance masters CHIC and Texans JOE TEX, and the SIR DOUGLAS QUINTET were also on the ballot.

Musicians, industry professionals and journalists vote, and results of the 21st annual election will likely be announced in December.

Artists are eligible to be inducted into the Rock Hall after at least 25 years have passed since their first record was released.

Six years ago, Ozzy Osbourne attempted to take BLACK SABBATH's name off the Hall of Fame's 1999 nomination list, deeming the institution's nod "meaningless."

In an October 1999 letter to the Hall of Fame, Osbourne said: "Just take our name off the list. Save the ink. Forget about us. The nomination is meaningless, because it's not voted on by the fans. It's voted on by the supposed elite for the industry and the media, who've never bought an album or concert ticket in their lives, so their vote is irrelevant to me." He says, "Let's face it, BLACK SABBATH has never been media darlings. We're a people's band and that suits us just fine."

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2005, 11:50:51 PM »

Speaking of jokes...how bout that rock n' roll hall of fame.? Its odd how a joke like Ozzy can't get into a joke of a hall of fame.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2005, 09:13:11 PM »

Speaking of jokes...how bout that rock n' roll hall of fame.? Its odd how a joke like Ozzy can't get into a joke of a hall of fame.

The Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is a joke for sure.  I still cant believe Def Leppard did not get in last year. If they cant get in , i dont know what more credentials a rock band has to have. Ozzy should be in there as well.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2005, 02:25:44 PM »

A huge fan of THE BEATLES, OZZY OSBOURNE has paid tribute to the "Fab Four" with a fantastic cover of their classic "In My Life" which will be released as a single on November 14, 2005, according to Top40-Charts.com.

Commenting on recording the new single, Ozzy says: "What I have done, which a lot of other people don't do, is keep the song true to the original in terms of melody but then Ozzified it!"

With the original melody and a new sweeping string section, the "Ozzified" version of "In My Life" is a powerful and poignant rendition of the timeless song ? reminiscent of Ozzy and daughter Kelly's 2003 U.K. chart-topping cover of BLACK SABBATH's "Changes" ? with all the right ingredients to make it a huge hit this autumn.

The video for the single stays true to the title and is a fascinating look at Ozzy's exceptional life and career in music. A three-minute montage of new and old video footage spans Ozzy's career, from the early days of BLACK SABBATH, through his solo career and on to the present phenomenon of "The Osbournes". The video is a nostalgic look back at the highs and lows, the life and times of Ozzy Osbourne ? the musician, the husband, the parent and the icon.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2005, 02:58:17 PM »

Did that covers album of Ozzy's come out yet?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2005, 03:02:52 PM »

I think it was part of the box set that came out earlier this year.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2005, 03:06:05 PM »

ContactMusic.com is reporting that Ozzy Osbourne is desperate to record an album of acoustic ballads but record company bosses won't take him seriously unless he's the "Prince of Darkness."

Acoustic ballads -  rofl He really is derenged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2005, 03:07:19 PM »

Yeah, but he's also gonna release the covers disc on its own.? If its not out yet it should be out really soon.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2005, 03:19:09 PM »

Yeah, but he's also gonna release the covers disc on its own.  If its not out yet it should be out really soon.

Talk about milking something for all it's worth.

Ozzy should just get of his ass and recorded a new Black sabbath album. Proable make him morey money then his solo stuff right now.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2005, 05:13:54 PM »

Yeah, but he's also gonna release the covers disc on its own.? If its not out yet it should be out really soon.

Talk about milking something for all it's worth.

Ozzy should just get of his ass and recorded a new Black sabbath album. Proable make him morey money then his solo stuff right now.

Only if he lets Iommi and Co. do the writing.? It's obvious Ozzy can't write for shit now.?Most of what he's done for the past few years are covers.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: