Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:58:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread  (Read 175757 times)
damien24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2005, 10:33:18 AM »

im sorry to say, but ozzy should have given up the first time he wanted to retire- back in 1991 after no more tears. 

ozzy is in his "Fat Elvis" years right now-      think about this stoners-   ozzy and elvis's careers are kinda the same-

elvis =  humble childhood in american south
ozzy = humble childhood in england

elvis = became "king of rock n roll", parents where shocked
ozzy = god of heavy metal with black sabbath, then later solo, parents were shocked

Elvis = drug user
ozzy = extreme drug user

elvis = did shitty movies
ozzy = did shitty tv show

elvis = headlines LasVegas shows - which is very lazy
ozzy = headlines ozzfest - a pretty lazy tour for ozzy-  opening bands tour other cities on thier days off from ozzfest.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2005, 12:54:44 PM »

The osbournes is not shit, i find ozzy extremely funny, any show he appears on he makes me laugh alot.

html sucks
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2005, 02:32:39 AM »

The osbournes is not shit, i find ozzy extremely funny, any show he appears on he makes me laugh alot.

Yeah, that's the point dude.  The Osbournes has turned Ozzy into a laughing stock.  People no longer see him as a metal god, they see him as a drugged out moron that gets bitched around by his wife.  That show was the worst thing that's ever happened to Ozzy's career.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2005, 10:50:31 AM »

According to Ozzyhead.com, Ozzy Osbourne will be a guest on NBC's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on October 31, 2005.

Ozzy's new collection, "Under Cover", is scheduled for release on November 1 as a DualDisc via Epic. The set will include newly completed covers of JOHN LENNON's "Woman", JOE WALSH's "Rocky Mountain Way" and the MOODY BLUES' "Go Now" along with 10 other cuts that were released earlier this year on the "Under Covers" disc of the Ozzy boxed set "Prince of Darkness".

On the DVD side, fans will be treated to the featurette "Dinner With Ozzy and Friends," which finds him regaling his son Jack and MOT?RHEAD frontman Lemmy Kilmister with tales of rock 'n' roll excess, according to Billboard.com. A video for Ozzy's cover of THE BEATLES' "In My Life" is also included.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2005, 11:11:28 AM »

Someone must have stolen this new covers album by now - whats it like?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2005, 01:48:14 PM »

Yeah, that's the point dude.  The Osbournes has turned Ozzy into a laughing stock.  People no longer see him as a metal god, they see him as a drugged out moron that gets bitched around by his wife.  That show was the worst thing that's ever happened to Ozzy's career.

Actually its not that, that makes me laugh. Its the way he swears and voices his oppinion, totally classic. He was on some bravery awards show the other not, super funny. Infront of all these little kids on live TV hes swearing rofl!

html sucks
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2005, 06:20:19 PM »

Yeah, that's the point dude.? The Osbournes has turned Ozzy into a laughing stock.? People no longer see him as a metal god, they see him as a drugged out moron that gets bitched around by his wife.? That show was the worst thing that's ever happened to Ozzy's career.

Actually its not that, that makes me laugh. Its the way he swears and voices his oppinion, totally classic. He was on some bravery awards show the other not, super funny. Infront of all these little kids on live TV hes swearing rofl!

Yeah, Ozzy still has his moments where he's funny.  What really pisses me off is that Ozzy can actually be very witty and intelligent, but people instead like to think of him as the brain dead idiot he appears to be on The Osbournes.  That's why Sharon needs to get her nose broken.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2005, 05:05:52 PM »

Legendary heavy metal vocalist Ronnie James Dio has revealed during an interview with BBC Radio 2's "Masters of Rock" program that he will once again be collaborating with BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi.

"At this particular point ? if all doesn't fall through, and I doubt that it will ? Tony Iommi and I are going to write a couple of tracks together for a project that I think is called 'Black Sabbath ? The Dio Years'," Dio said. "So that'll be two unreleased tracks which I'm sure will be interesting to old SABBATH fans, and maybe [even] the new SABBATH fans."

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2005, 06:06:06 PM »

Cool, Dio's stuff with Sabbath is so underrated.  The Mob Rules and Heaven And Hell are kick ass tunes.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Jonathan
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2005, 06:15:09 PM »

I never enjoyed the Tony Martin era.. That was just bad
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2005, 05:30:16 PM »

Well I've just heard Ozzy's new version of the Stones' song, and I must say that he breathes new life into a classic song. Everything, from the voice to the rythm and Zakk's solos, is done Ozzy style!

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2005, 06:20:05 PM »

So it's Zakk Wylde playing on the song? I didn't think Zakk was playing with Ozzy anymore?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2005, 06:21:39 PM »

Well I've just heard Ozzy's new version of the Stones' song, and I must say that he breathes new life into a classic song. Everything, from the voice to the rythm and Zakk's solos, is done Ozzy style!

When you say Ozzy-style, do you mean that Zakk does harmonic squeals at every given chance? Grin

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2005, 02:45:44 PM »

Legendary heavy metal pioneers BLACK SABBATH will be inducted into the U.K. Music Hall of Fame later this month. SABBATH will be honoured alongside BOB DYLAN, PINK FLOYD, JIMI HENDRIX, NEW ORDER, THE WHO and THE KINKS. The late DJ John Peel will become an honorary member, reports The Sun.

SABBATH frontman Ozzy Osbourne said of being the latest addition, "For once in my life I'm speechless, but very happy and honored."

The ceremony will take place at London's Alexandra Palace on November 16.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2005, 02:46:27 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: Ozzfest co-founder Sharon Osbourne is apparently unrepentant about her attempt to sabotage IRON MAIDEN's last appearance on this past summer's edition of the festival. But Ozzy Osbourne himself told Launch that he wasn't exactly sure what happened that night, and wanted nothing to do with it either way. "I had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with what went down, because I do not condone any of that kind of crap," he said. "Even though the singer was saying bad things, so I heard, I never heard it 'cause I'd never went and seen them. But that very night, the bass player (Steve Harris) comes into my dressing room and said to me, 'I'd like to apologize for our singer.' I was absolutely confused what this guy was on about."

Sharon Osbourne messed with MAIDEN's sound and had the band pelted with eggs onstage after claiming that lead singer Bruce Dickinson had made disparaging remarks about her husband throughout the tour.

In an interview with Attitude magazine, Sharon Osbourne said that she hated Dickinson but still respected his band, explaining, "The band are actually really nice guys, but the singer has a chip on his shoulder...He never once thanked us for the tour. People don't behave like that. I tell you, though. This guy got the singer with a fucking egg right in the middle of his brow ? what a star!"

The incident occurred on August 20 in San Bernardino, California. VELVET REVOLVER replaced MAIDEN on the tour for the last seven shows. MAIDEN manager Rod Smallwood later lashed out at Sharon Osbourne publicly, saying, "In 30 years in this business...I have never seen anything anywhere near as disgusting and unprofessional as what went on that night."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2005, 06:34:42 PM »

ContactMusic.com is reporting that Ozzy Osbourne recently spoke about his decision to scale down his annual summer Ozzfest shows ? because they're playing havoc with his allergies.

The BLACK SABBATH singer admits he struggles with open-air shows every year and wants to play fewer dates and make up for lost gigs by playing arena concerts.

He says, "It would be kinda cool to do a few shows in a few arenas as well because I haven't done an arena for years.

"(With the open-air shows), you're out in the elements and my allergies go wild. I'm allergic to everything. I've been bitten by every poisonous thing on the planet."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2005, 11:15:44 AM »

Hugh Ochoa of Modern Guitars magazine recently conducted an interview with BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

Modern Guitars: What motivated you to record your new solo album, "Fused"?

Tony Iommi: "Well, I just wanted to do another solo album. And basically, under SABBATH, we never seem to get anything rolling. I'm just fed up with waiting around. Basically, I thought I was due for another one. And I wanted to do an album with just one singer on it because on my last album back in 2000 I had 10 different singers. So, I wanted to do an album with a proper band, you know. Just a drummer and a bass player and a singer that I can tune with."

Modern Guitars: After all these years, does your signature tone come naturally to you or do you still work hard at getting good tones?

Tony Iommi: "I took a long time working on it. Years and years. I've never been totally satisfied with it. I always keep trying. Even now, on stage, some nights it doesn't sound quite right ? it's the building or the stage or whatever. But 90% of the time I'm happy with it."

Modern Guitars: With Ozzy's rumored health problems and the lack of interest in headlining the Ozzfest shows, what do you think is the future of BLACK SABBATH?

Tony Iommi: "Well, you know it's a question that's always asked and it's a question that's difficult to answer because with BLACK SABBATH you never know what's going to happen. We never know if we're going to tour, we never know if we're going to make an album. We never seem to know much. We weren't intending to tour this year to be honest. I intended to tour with my own project as we speak. I was going to be out there. But then the SABBATH tour came up with Ozzfest and you know, obviously, that's my main band. We decided to do that. But it was very quick. It was like, 'Are we gonna do it? Should we do it? Yes. OK.' So we did it. But this time last year, I never knew we were going to be doing it, if you know what I mean. So, there's never a plan with SABBATH. We sort of take things on the there-and-then."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2005, 01:33:23 PM »

ContactMusic.com is reporting that Ozzy Osbourne was far from impressed with British Prime Minister Tony Blair during a recent meeting ? because the politician seemed more interested in picking up music tips than solving the world's problems.

Osbourne was left speechless when Blair turned to him during a high-powered Downing Street party and wanted to talk about BLACK SABBATH classic "Iron Man".

Ozzy says, "He told me he used to be in a band and I felt like saying, 'You should have stayed.'

"All this Iraq thing's going on and I was amazed that he turned round to me and said, 'I could never quite understand how to get the riff to 'Iron Man'.

"I'm going, 'Kids are dying, people are getting blown up and you're talking to me about fucking 'Iron Man'."

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2005, 02:19:36 PM »

What the fuck does Ozzy want Tony Blair to talk to him about?  He was just making conversation.  Like Blair is locked in his room all day trying to figure out how to play Sabbath songs.  What a douchebag.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2005, 12:28:59 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: BLACK SABBATH will finally get their Hall Of Fame induction this year, but it's not the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. The band has been added to the list of honorees for the second annual UK Music Hall Of Fame ceremony, which is being held November 16 at the Alexandra Palace in North London.

Also being inducted this year are PINK FLOYD, BOB DYLAN, JIMI HENDRIX, JOY DIVISION/NEW ORDER, THE KINKS and EURYTHMICS.

The show will air live on Channel 4 (UK) as well as VH1 on November 26, then move to VH1 Classic starting November 27.

BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi told Launch he is not happy that SABBATH are not yet inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. "I'm pissed off about that," he said. "I think that's... you know, I don't normally go round blowing our own trumpet saying we are this and we are that. I'm not that kind of person but I really think we deserve... you know, to be in that. Because without us that kind of music wouldn't have existed. 'Cause a lot of bands that have sparked off from us wouldn't be around and there probably wouldn't be this king of music."

Artists are eligible to be inducted into the Rock Hall after at least 25 years have passed since their first record was released.

Six years ago, Ozzy Osbourne attempted to take BLACK SABBATH's name off the Hall of Fame's 1999 nomination list, deeming the institution's nod "meaningless."

In an October 1999 letter to the Hall of Fame, Osbourne said: "Just take our name off the list. Save the ink. Forget about us. The nomination is meaningless, because it's not voted on by the fans. It's voted on by the supposed elite for the industry and the media, who've never bought an album or concert ticket in their lives, so their vote is irrelevant to me." He says, "Let's face it, BLACK SABBATH has never been media darlings. We're a people's band and that suits us just fine."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: