Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:44:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread  (Read 175729 times)
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2005, 04:39:48 PM »

Someone must have stolen this new covers album by now - whats it like?

Well I got the 4 CD boxset "Prince of Darkness"....decent stuff, but the cover of "Sympathy for the devil" blew me away!!! Fuckin amazing!

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2005, 06:28:04 PM »

According to Ozzy.com, OZZY OSBOURNE and the BLACK SABBATH "supergroup," including Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES) will be performing at the the second annual UK Music Hall Of Fame ceremony, which is being held November 16 at the Alexandra Palace in North London. Both Ozzy as a solo artist and Ozzy with SABBATH are being inducted, as are PINK FLOYD, John Peel, BOB DYLAN and JIMI HENDRIX. Other acts scheduled to perform include ALANIS MORISSETTE, THE PRETENDERS, JAMIE CULLUM, NEW ORDER and THE EURYTHMICS. Tickets to the event are being sold to the public and are available at See Tickets.com.

For the first time ever in the U.S., VH1 will broadcast "The Second Annual UK Music Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony" with the entire two-hour ceremony airing exclusively on VH1 Classic right after the premiere on VH1. The UK Music Hall of Fame is produced by Initial (part of Endemol) and distributed by Channel 4 International.

The second annual "UK Music Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony" will premiere on VH1 as a two-hour live extravaganza on Saturday, November 26 9:00 p.m. The ceremony will be staged in front of a 3,000 strong audience and reveal up to ten legendary artists and one music industry figure to be inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame. For the first time, viewers in America will be able to witness this totally unique and utterly unmissable evening packed with amazing live performances from top international artists, exclusive video packages and tribute speeches from some of the leading celebrities of our time.

VH1 Classic will air the entire, unexpurgated ceremony on Sunday, November 27 at 8:00 PM ET/5:00 PM PT and again at 11:00 p.m. ET/8:00 p.m. PT. VH1 Classic viewers will witness the complete show, brimming with amazing performances and tributes to huge to be missed.

On November 11, 2004 music history was made with the inaugural ceremony of The UK Music Hall of Fame. THE BEATLES, MICHAEL JACKSON, MADONNA, BOB MARLEY, ELVIS PRESLEY, QUEEN, CLIFF RICHARD & THE SHADOWS, THE ROLLING STONES, U2 and ROBBIE WILLIAMS were the first artists to enter the UK Music Hall of Fame and Chris Blackwell (the founder of Island Records) was given the Honorary Membership for services to the music industry. Inductees are chosen by a highly select group of entertainment industry professionals.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2005, 08:46:53 AM »

According to a posting on BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi's official web site, SABBATH will be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fameat the 21st annual induction ceremony in New York next March. There are plans to broadcast an edited version of the ceremony on VH1. More information will be made available soon.

Iommi recently told Launch he was not happy that SABBATH have not yet been inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. "I'm pissed off about that," he said. "I think that's... you know, I don't normally go round blowing our own trumpet saying we are this and we are that. I'm not that kind of person but I really think we deserve... you know, to be in that. Because without us that kind of music wouldn't have existed. 'Cause a lot of bands that have sparked off from us wouldn't be around and there probably wouldn't be this kind of music."

Artists are eligible to be inducted into the Rock Hall after at least 25 years have passed since their first record was released.

Six years ago, Ozzy Osbourne attempted to take BLACK SABBATH's name off the Hall of Fame's 1999 nomination list, deeming the institution's nod "meaningless."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2005, 10:08:40 AM »

MTV.com has confirmed that after eight tries, legendary heavy metal act BLACK SABBATH will finally be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year. They will be joined by punk pioneers the SEX PISTOLS, new wave icons BLONDIE, jazz godhead MILES DAVIS and southern rockers LYNYRD SKYNYRD. A&M Records founders Herb Alpert and Jerry Moss will be inducted in the Lifetime Achievement in the Non-Performer category for their work building the label they co-founded in 1962 into one of the most successful independent labels in the world thanks to hit albums by artists including PETER FRAMPTON, THE POLICE, JOE JACKSON, THE NEVILLE BROTHERS, CAT STEVENS and Alpert's group, TIJUANA BRASS.

The 21st annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony will take place on March 13 in New York at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2005, 02:22:39 PM »

Anybody see Ozzy and Sabbath inducted into the UK Rock HOF?  Ozzy played Crazy Train with Zakk & Co., and Sabbath played Paranoid.  Ozzy sounded like shit both times.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2005, 03:01:52 PM »

Anybody see Ozzy and Sabbath inducted into the UK Rock HOF? Ozzy played Crazy Train with Zakk & Co., and Sabbath played Paranoid. Ozzy sounded like shit both times.
I have to agree with that, very hard to watch.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2005, 05:19:38 PM »

Australia's Herald Sun is reporting that Ozzy Osbourne admits he was a few beers away from mooning the Queen, and cannot fathom why she would want to meet the "tattooed lunatic".

He said former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash offered him cash to flash his rear at Royal Variety Performance last month and, had he not quit his wildman boozing days, he would have had the bare-faced cheek.

The BLACK SABBATH frontman, 57, said Slash offered him $9,000 to flash his behind during a recent Cardiff show.

"A few beers inside me and I would have double mooned the Royal Box," the self-styled Prince of Darkness told Britain's The People Sunday newspaper.

Osbourne from Aston, Birmingham, chatted with the Queen afterwards and said she was "really warm and friendly".

"I was standing next to that muppet thingy, Kermit the Frog, with Rod Stewart punching it in the head," he said.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2005, 02:40:33 PM »

ContactMusic.com is reporting that Ozzy Osbourne has ruled out a reunion album with BLACK SABBATH, because he doesn't want to tarnish their reputation.

Despite being happy to play with them in one-off live gigs, Osbourne, whose last BLACK SABBATH studio album was in 1978, refuses to return to the studio with his former bandmates.

Ozzy is terrified a new record would not match the standard of previous releases, including "Paranoid" and "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath".

He says, "I love the guys and we had fun and all became friendly again. But it's time to move on.

"I don't want to make another SABBATH album, not if it's not up to scratch. I could put any old b**locks out and it would probably sell.

"But what's the point in demolishing such a great thing?"

Jamie
VIP

« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2005, 02:54:13 PM »

ContactMusic.com is reporting that Ozzy Osbourne has ruled out a reunion album with BLACK SABBATH, because he doesn't want to tarnish their reputation.

Despite being happy to play with them in one-off live gigs, Osbourne, whose last BLACK SABBATH studio album was in 1978, refuses to return to the studio with his former bandmates.

Ozzy is terrified a new record would not match the standard of previous releases, including "Paranoid" and "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath".

He says, "I love the guys and we had fun and all became friendly again. But it's time to move on.

"I don't want to make another SABBATH album, not if it's not up to scratch. I could put any old b**locks out and it would probably sell.

"But what's the point in demolishing such a great thing?"

Yeah heard about this, bad news, pity he won't even consider it cos Tony's been keen on the idea for quite some time now.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2005, 07:35:29 PM »

Ozzy refuses to take part in a new Sabbath album, Blabbermout.net is sayin'!!
n' how long has the band been waitin' for this prick to give the green light Shocked
Ozzy can get fucked!!  Angry

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2006, 04:35:53 PM »

A representative for Ozzy Osbourne has issued the following statement regarding Ozzy's previously announced guitarist search:

"Ozzy would like to thank everyone who took the time to send in submissions to be his new guitar player. At the time we announced the search, Zakk Wylde's itinerary with BLACK LABEL SOCIETY was quite overwhelming. Fortunately, Zakk has now been able to go back and rearrange his schedule to make sure that he would be available to write, record and tour with Ozzy in 2006 and beyond. Therefore, the search for a new axe man has been called off. We sincerely apologize to all of the talented musicians (and there were lots of them) who were excited by this incredible opportunity and we wish you the best of luck with all of your future musical endeavors."

BA
Linkin Park's worst nightmare
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2006, 08:02:37 PM »

ozzy doesnt care about anything but money anymore.he wants to be a tv star.so i say good riddance,he looks like a joke when he performs now anyway,and his voice is gone more than ever.i hope they dont do a reunion,i love sabbath and i think it would be tragic to see.he would be better suited to do another shit show with his pain in the arse family.or maybe he could kill another sabbath song with his spoilt daughter.

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
word and music-my only tool
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2006, 08:16:04 PM »

That sucks how they have had zakk back. I think zakks great and he is a idol of mine, i love BLS, but i think ozzys most recent album sounded too much like BLS, riff wise, and zakks influence is too great in his albums. he needs a new guitarist for his last few years.

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2006, 10:10:28 PM »

The upcoming Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction for BLACK SABBATH. According to Bill, BLACK SABBATH will not be playing at the ceremony. Furthermore, Bill has no information on anything else happening with BLACK SABBATH in 2006, either.

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2006, 10:57:56 AM »

That sucks how they have had zakk back. I think zakks great and he is a idol of mine, i love BLS, but i think ozzys most recent album sounded too much like BLS, riff wise, and zakks influence is too great in his albums. he needs a new guitarist for his last few years.

Zakk's writing wasn't on the last album. And it did not sound like Black Label Society. Sorry but it just didn't. Zakk is the perfect choice for Ozzy.. He can help write and make a killer album. Zakk can shut of the BLS writing style for an Ozzy album.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2006, 10:46:21 PM »

Zakk's writing wasn't on the last album. And it did not sound like Black Label Society. Sorry but it just didn't. Zakk is the perfect choice for Ozzy.. He can help write and make a killer album. Zakk can shut of the BLS writing style for an Ozzy album.

Ozzy's last album didn't sound anything like BLS.  It was supposed to actually.  The music for BLS' album 1919 Eternal was supposed to be for Ozzy's newest album, but Ozzy decided to go in a different direction.  Instead of just letting all that music go to watse, Zakk used it for BLS.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2006, 01:02:07 PM »

BLACK Sabbath are amazing but i really think Changes is a crap song (by Ozzy). Ozzy is good with what he does but if it werent for Zakk Wylde (who is an amazing guitar player, see him play with his tongue at Live in Budokan) and Toni Iommi from Sabbath, he wouldnt have got far. He's a fucking crazy guy and i'm proud to say Ozzy Osbourne and the rest of the original Black Sabbath lived about 20mins away from where i live in Aston, Birmingham, England  peace

I prefer the music to Black Sabbath though songs such as Miracle Man do really stand out against Sabbath imo. I've never heard a shit Sabbath song apart from Black Sabbath (the song) because it gets a bit tedious after a while.

Has anyone else seen Ozzy Osbourne Live at Budokan? Good performance but crowd were a bit crap.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2006, 01:26:54 PM »

What!?! Black Sabbath is the band's best song!  Shocked That's the first metal song ever. It says more with its few slow notes than almost any other song. Very few metal songs, like Hallowed Be Thy Name, Beyond The Realms Of Death, Dante's Inferno, Tornado Of Souls, One, etc, can compare to it. Very few songs even come close.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2006, 01:35:25 PM »

Yeah Walk, there's something special about that song; creepy.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2006, 02:14:00 PM »

Good post Sakib but lets not forget Randy Rhodes who started the Ozzy craze.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: