Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:07:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath Thread  (Read 175765 times)
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2006, 10:20:06 PM »

OZZY/SABBATH is awesome Ive been lucky enough to see ozzy whith Wylde/Newstead?/Bordin once and sabbath(the real sabbath) twice eche show was fucking great. especially the last time I saw Sabbath Ozzy played The Wizard it was sick

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2006, 01:09:07 AM »

Oh yeah. I'm excited.. Sabbath is great but this year Ozzy returns with Zakk performing and writing with Oz for his next CD. Wylde's writing and Ozzy make a hell of an album. So 2006 will be a hell of a year.. New shit from BLS in June and Ozzy this year.. Oh and hopefully another little band lead thats about to hit the road.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2006, 04:17:52 PM »

Ozzy Osbourne has cut back on his Ozzfest performances, but the Prince of Darkness is still in work mode. The singer for Black Sabbath, who will be inducted next week into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame during a New York ceremony, plans on returning to the recording studio this year.

"I'm gonna get with [guitarist] Zakk [Wylde] soon and start hopefully writing a new studio [album]. I've gotta get a studio album this year," Osbourne tells Billboard.com. "I'm well overdue."

The last time Wylde and Osbourne recorded a set of new material together was the 2001 Epic effort "Down to Earth." When he hasn't been performing with Osbourne, Wylde has toured and recorded with his own band, Black Label Society. His popularity as a solo musician was cemented in January when he received a star on Hollywood's RockWalk.

Osbourne is also still involved in the musical "Rasputin," which has been a work-in-progress for 10 years. He says there is "a lot of interest" in the project about the Russian monk who was notoriously difficult to kill.

Asked if the play would be an out-and-out musical, Osbourne replies, "I don't know, because I've never done it before. It's something I've always wanted to do. It's gonna be drama, I suppose. Some f*cking guy says, 'Oh yeah man, I can see it now: These silver things come out of the sky ...' I don't want 'Star Trek' meets f*cking Russia. I want it kind of like authentic, like 'Fiddler on the Roof' meets f*cking 'Phantom.'"

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2006, 05:43:22 PM »

"I'm gonna get with [guitarist] Zakk [Wylde] soon and start hopefully writing a new studio [album]. I've gotta get a studio album this year," Osbourne tells Billboard.com. "I'm well overdue."

Good to hear Zakk is back on board with him!

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2006, 05:47:39 PM »

yeah hopefully the writing that Zakk does actually shows up and makes an impact on this record unlike the previous.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2006, 04:29:19 PM »

As BLABBERMOUTH.NET exclusively reported on May 11, bassist Rob "Blasko" Nicholson has now confirmed that he has left ROB ZOMBIE in order to join OZZY OSBOURNE's new recording/touring band. Speaking to Debby Rao of KNAC.COM, Blasko said, "It is kind of all talk; it is kind of all up in the air. But potentially I will be doing Ozzfest this summer. The whole rumor thing is kind of funny, in a sense that actually ya know I auditioned with Ozzy in the summer of 2003. I got the gig then. It is just that, what I was auditioning for got cancelled because he got in that accident. So of course that got cancelled. The following two (years) had been BLACK SABBATH headlining. Ozzy hasn't done anything solo till this past Thanksgiving. We went to London for the NFL kickoff, where we performed 'Crazy Train'. We did a couple of things over in London, a variety performance and we did Ozzy's induction to the U.K. Hall of Fame. I have performed with Ozzy on all the solo performances that he has done since I got the gig in 2003. Me playing for Ozzy is not really this new thing. It just so happens that this is the first time the two band gigs will cross paths (on tour). I have been juggling both and I had to make a decision. I just chose to go out on Ozzfest again. It will be my fourth time. That is always a really good time. There is nothing negative or any drama. It is just how things worked out."

In absentia
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2006, 12:08:40 AM »

Black Sabbath
Paranoid
Master of reality
Volume 4
Sabbath bloody Sabbath
Sabotage

Bibles of music.

The rest (that includes: -Technical ecstasy to the end of career of Black Sabbath and Ozzy, GZR, Tony and bill parallel  Projects) can be good, really good or bad.

But the first 6 Albums of Black Sabbath makes one of the greater contribution for the music history.

That's my opinion, sorry for the bad english Tongue

Long ago I wandered through my mind
In the land of fairy tales and stories
Lost in happiness I knew no fears
Innocence and love was all I knew
It was an illusion

« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 12:11:58 AM by In absentia » Logged
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2006, 06:22:32 PM »

Black Sabbath
Paranoid
Master of reality
Volume 4
Sabbath bloody Sabbath
Sabotage

Bibles of music. 

Thank u!  ok
but u have forgotten Heaven and Hell Wink   beer

bah i never digged dio era, just isnt the same, dunno why music is similar, loses that 70s sound though.

html sucks
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2006, 08:46:44 PM »

Black Sabbath
Paranoid
Master of reality
Volume 4
Sabbath bloody Sabbath
Sabotage

Bibles of music.?

Thank u!? ok
but u have forgotten Heaven and Hell Wink? ?beer

bah i never digged dio era, just isnt the same, dunno why music is similar, loses that 70s sound though.

Me either! I like Heaven and hell but it doesnt sound like Black Sabbath, Ozz added something really special to Sabbath's music.

If the world would end today... Wink
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2006, 01:43:52 AM »

Dio Sabbath is good stuff.  Although i could definitely see how it could be hard for some people to get into.  Ozzy's voice was so much of what gave Sabbath that signiture sound.  That being said Dio is an awesome singer, and his Sabath as well as his solo stuff is excellent.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2006, 10:38:59 AM »

An OZZY OSBOURNE "insider" has revealed to Rockdetector.com that although Ozzy is only taking part in ten of the looming summer Ozzfest events, the BLACK SABBATH frontman is "simultaneously working on two album projects (one being released in November) and he's about to head out on tour this summer followed by 10-month world tour which commences in December."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2006, 12:10:59 PM »

Patrick MacDonald of the Seattle Times conducted an interview with Ozzy Osbourne several days prior to the launch of this year's Ozzfest, which kicks off next Thursday (June 29) at the White River Amphitheatre in Auburn, Washington. A few excerpts from the chat follow:

Seattle Times: If it rains [at the Ozzfest kick-off], are you still going to throw buckets of water on the fans?

Ozzy: "I dunno. I'm trying to think of a new bit. That started as a joke and then I got too sort of frackin' bored with it. And then they got all pissed off 'cuz I didn't throw water on 'em, y'know? If it's really hot, it cools everybody down. I just wanna have fun, y'know?

"The thing about Ozzfest, once it starts rolling you can't frackin' stop it. I'm not doing the whole tour. I've got 10 shows. I'll have a bet with you. I bet before the end of the tour, they stick me on some other gigs. I'm doing some shows on the second stage, playing in the parking lot, that's like an oven.

"When I was doing just my tours, I'd do theaters 'cuz I love being close to my audience. I love to be able to touch them, y'know, to see everybody go crazy. But the promoter's going, 'Don't get too crazy, we don't want to have a riot and get sued.' I say, 'It's a rock 'n' roll fracking show, it's not a church gathering!'

"Back a long time ago, I used to play blues and I danced around. I got the lead guitar one time coming over to me and he goes, hey man, it's not cool to be jumping around. It's blues. I said, 'No fracking way.' I mean, I'm Ozzy! They know what they fracking get when they fracking book me. I'm not going to be (softens his voice), 'Oh, good evening folks, it's so nice to be here.' I'm me! What the frack! If you don't like me, don't book me!

"I'll tell you a funny story. When I'm onstage, if there's somebody in the audience not getting into it, I wanna get them involved. And so, to my stage left, there's a bunch of people just standing there. So I see them and I'm going, 'Fracking yeah man, get the fracking thing going!' And they're just standing there. Like, duh. I must've thrown 400 buckets of water over 'em. Now I've gone past trying. I go to my assistant, Tony, and I say, 'See them frackers there? Get 'em out! Give 'em their money back! They're frackin' killin' me! And he goes to me, 'They're deaf. I said, 'Oh no, fracking hell!'"

Seattle Times: Are you writing an autobiography?

Ozzy: "No. Up the road, I might write something. But I've got to be careful. I know a lot about a lot of different people, and you've got to watch what you're doing. One of the biggest regrets I have is not keeping a diary. So many unbelievable fracking things have happened in my life! It's in the cards that I'm going to do a book about me, but first things first. I want to make a great album, I want to do a great tour, I want people to have fun and put some spark back into the planet. There's too much misery.

"Bring our boys back from fracking Iraq. We've liberated 'em, now fracking bring the boys back.

"I went to the military hospital in Washington. If you want to see what war's all about, check out that place. It's un-be-lievable. I saw chicks with one arm, kids with their heads blown in. I said to my wife, if they ever call my son up, I'm gonna break his legs, instead of letting him step on a land mine and lose 'em."

Seattle Times: When you were growing up in Birmingham, did you ever think you'd be hanging out with the royal family?

Ozzy: "Before I met them, I built a picture in my mind from the press, from the news. But when you actually meet them ? I mean, the Queen, she's 80 and she still fracking rides horses. And Charles is fracking great. Charles is absolutely great. William, too. Harry's the naughty one. He's partying, he's one of the boys. There are a lot of people against having a royal family in this country, but I'm not and I'll tell you why: They bring more fracking tourists into this country than anybody else. People love to see Buckingham Palace. There ain't many countries that have a fracking Buckingham Palace. Our Queen is your Queen as well, y'know. They're just people."

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2006, 08:10:10 PM »

is he really now saying "fracking" instead of fucking....cause thats just lame if he is. it was annoying to read him saying fracking lmao, please i hope thats just the interview edit.

html sucks
blowin smoke
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2006, 02:35:10 PM »

Just one for fun guys,but what do we think?
Has Ozzy still got it?
For me he's a legend and always will be.
Nearly got to see him twice, but he cancelled. Still keeping fingers crossed for a UK tour!

no time for questions, no time for games. Start kickin' ass and taking down names!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2006, 02:38:47 PM »

we'll see when the new disk comes out Wink

but he'll always be a rock legend, he's been kicking ass since the early 70's beer

GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2006, 05:03:38 PM »

Liked him in Sabbath, but that's about it.  As for the last few years on MTV associating himself with that stream of bile...

...sell out!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #116 on: September 09, 2006, 10:07:35 AM »

sell out!!!! ahhh!!! I hate him!! Ahhh.

Give it a rest. You owe him so much respect it isnt even funny.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #117 on: September 09, 2006, 08:34:47 PM »

what's your 5 favourite ozzy songs or black sabbath with ozzy on vocals?
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2006, 07:32:16 PM »

My 5 fav Ozzy tunes:
Crazy Train, No More Tears, That I Never Had, I Don't Know, Goodbye To Romance

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2006, 01:18:10 AM »

my 5 favorite black sabbath songs are:

supernaut (geezer butler is bad ass on this song,) sabbath bloody sabbath, tomorrows dream,  wheels of confusion/the straightener, under the sun/every day comes and goes

close but didnt make the top 5:
you wont change me, snowblind, lord of this world

(as you can tell my favorite album is volume 4)

and my 5 favorite ozzy songs are:

revalation (mother earth,) goodbye to romance, steal away (the night,) diary of a madman, and road to nowhere

close but didnt make the top 5:
S.I.N. and Old L.A. Tonight
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: