Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:14:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  "The Spaghetti Incident" Was named this because?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Spaghetti Incident" Was named this because?  (Read 8340 times)
31illusions
I am the coolest guy I know
Rocker

Axl, slash, duff, izzy & steven. The true GN'R!

« on: September 08, 2006, 11:21:29 PM »

So i heard that "TSI" was titled this because of an incident that was refered to in court that had to do with spaghetti and steven adler. What was this all about?

There you go, negative karma for you for being a troll. I'll give gandra negative karma as well. Happy now?  Next time you try this behavior will be the last. keep that in mind.

/jarmo
manny
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 11:24:01 PM »

I think steve adler was sueing gnr and he said they conspired against him. when asked to elaborate, he noted the "spagetti incident." Something about Slash eating his leftover spagetti without asking. Something to that effect i believe.
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 11:45:24 PM »

I think steve adler was sueing gnr and he said they conspired against him. when asked to elaborate, he noted the "spagetti incident." Something about Slash eating his leftover spagetti without asking. Something to that effect i believe.

Lol.  hihi I hope this is a joke...I never heard of that, but if Steve actually brought that up in court he would look like an idiot.
31illusions
I am the coolest guy I know
Rocker

Axl, slash, duff, izzy & steven. The true GN'R!

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 11:50:06 PM »

^^yes it's true, i was hoping to get some more info as to what all was said in court, and why they thought is was ridiculous about it enough to name the album for it

There you go, negative karma for you for being a troll. I'll give gandra negative karma as well. Happy now?  Next time you try this behavior will be the last. keep that in mind.

/jarmo
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 12:36:07 AM »

According to wikipedia:

At the release of the album, the band did not want, or in fact, were not allowed by a court's verdict to explain the title of the album. The album is believed to have been named in derisive reference to ex-Guns drummer Steven Adler. Adler has sued the band several times, either for royalties not paid to him for the tracks he played on, or for the royalties he had to miss since he was kicked out of the band. In a 1992 case, Adler tried to prove to the court how "mean" all band members had treated him, and he told the court about the "Spaghetti Incident": before a show the band had dinner together, and apparently one of the members had eaten Adlers' spaghetti. When Adler asked who had eaten his spaghetti, he was met with laughter. Part of the later verdict was that nothing of the verdict was to be disclosed, but part of this court decision was used in a 1997 court case again, showing the settlement with Adler (he received a total sum of $1.5 million), showing the total profit the band had made in 7 years (more than 650 million dollars), and also showing that Axl Rose was the true owner of the bands' name.
A different source of the title was explained by Matt Sorum in a 1994 interview with Much Music. Sorum claims it is reference to a spaghetti fight the band had with Steven Adler, and not stealing his spaghetti.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spaghetti_Incident%3F
EFISH
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 01:29:08 AM »

According to wikipedia:

At the release of the album, the band did not want, or in fact, were not allowed by a court's verdict to explain the title of the album. The album is believed to have been named in derisive reference to ex-Guns drummer Steven Adler. Adler has sued the band several times, either for royalties not paid to him for the tracks he played on, or for the royalties he had to miss since he was kicked out of the band. In a 1992 case, Adler tried to prove to the court how "mean" all band members had treated him, and he told the court about the "Spaghetti Incident": before a show the band had dinner together, and apparently one of the members had eaten Adlers' spaghetti. When Adler asked who had eaten his spaghetti, he was met with laughter. Part of the later verdict was that nothing of the verdict was to be disclosed, but part of this court decision was used in a 1997 court case again, showing the settlement with Adler (he received a total sum of $1.5 million), showing the total profit the band had made in 7 years (more than 650 million dollars), and also showing that Axl Rose was the true owner of the bands' name.
A different source of the title was explained by Matt Sorum in a 1994 interview with Much Music. Sorum claims it is reference to a spaghetti fight the band had with Steven Adler, and not stealing his spaghetti.

hahah! now THAT is priceless! rofl
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 01:36:40 AM »

According to wikipedia:

hahah! now THAT is priceless! rofl

I am not sure I believe it but I checked numerous sources and found the same exact paragraph so who knows-it IS damn funny! ok
Melrose Chick
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 04:57:18 AM »

Thats ridiculous enough to be true!!!!!!!!!!11 rofl
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 06:56:06 AM »

Sorry but i'm pretty sure Axl or Slash said in an interview that spaggetti was slang for stevens cocaine. Kinda like the splenda thing. I can't beleive you guys thought it was actually spagetti  rofl
Amish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2006, 06:59:14 AM »

I always thought it had something to do with The Linguini Accident, which I thought was a famous painting, but now I can't seem to find any info on it.  There was a movie made in 1991 called The Linguini Accident.

Anyway, I just assumed it was a funny name for the album, since it was an album of covers, and I figured The Spaghetti Incident was their own funny idea of covering the famous painting, The Linguini Accident. 

The trouble now is, of course, I can't find any info on the painting. 
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2006, 08:21:14 AM »

When the Album came out Slash was in Toronto doing some promoting, he spent the whole morning Live on Muchmusic on a show called Sart me up, at the time the VJ's name was something Anothony. Anyway he asked Slash about the title and why there is a Question mark and Slash did say he was not allowed to go into it but that it did in fact have to do with a court case.

He was saying "yeah we were sitting around talking about the differnt lawsuits going on at the time and someone said ...yeah did you hear about the spaghetti incident? and everyone was like....THE SPAGHETTI INCIDENT? he went on to call it a Guns n' Roses inside joke. Not much more but Steven is such a tool, I believe he would do something as stupid as that. rofl

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 01:46:53 AM »

The Popcorn Incident.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 04:03:25 PM »

it?s about Slash or someone stealing Adler drugs..Spaghetti is a slang for coke  ok

stupid and lame of Adler..but i think it was his laywer who took the " incident" to court..

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: