Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:27:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Why the camera is just on Axl? The other guys don't exist??
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why the camera is just on Axl? The other guys don't exist??  (Read 11438 times)
Liquid Drum
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2006, 08:31:05 PM »

I've just finished my d/l and watched a few songs.

IMHO this is total bullshit. Yes the camera is on Axl I'd say 60% of the time. But there are plenty of shots of all the members. Ok not every solo is seen - but you can see the camera switching between the guitars and you DO see close-ups in some solos (which is better than none).

You do see alot of Brain - I saw him at least every 25 or so seconds in some parts.

Remember this is not an official DVD - do not expect full on best editing.

For a TV broadcast this is great, I recommend this to any GNR fan.

ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2006, 07:10:33 PM »

Nesquick maybe it's because gnr right now is axl rose.. WHy pan on people nobody knowns
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2006, 08:27:46 PM »

Nesquick maybe it's because gnr right now is axl rose.. WHy pan on people nobody knowns

and do you find it normal? I don't.
When I was a kid, Slash was as important as Axl. I loved also Duff, Gilby, Dizzy and Matt also... that was a BAND. and you could see it on TV.
If I want to see a solo act (as you say), I go to see Georges Michael, Bruce Spingsteen or Eric Clapton. At least I know it is a solo act. But here, I think it's hypocrit and not honest to call something a band, and then doing the contrary when the ball is rolling. I want to see interviews with Robin, Tommy, Richard or Brain. Why aren't they allowed to be interviewed? Why the management says "don't do interviews"? I'm sick of that, that's not honnest. At least, not when you claim this is "a band".
Same for the media, I'm sick of reading reviews or articles in the newspapers saying "Axl and his boys", "Axl and his crew", "Axl and his hired mercenaries", "Axl and his employees". A french magazine even did a bad joke after the Paris show... they wrote "Guns N' Rose"... no, i didn't misspell it, read again "Guns N' Rose", not Roses, like to say there's just Axl Rose and the rest of the guys can fuck off. Not very nice!

Something must change, the bandmembers should have more attention, i miss the old days when Slash was EVERYWHERE doing interviews for Guns N' Roses... Robin has been in the band for 10 years, and I haven't read one fucking single interview of him during al these years.... money can buy lots of things, but it can't buy the silence forever. Be honnest. if this is a BAND, don't lie to people and don't act as if it is a solo artist act. Let them doing interviews, don't let them in the shadow about the new record, it's really annoying to hear "I don't know", "I don't have a clue about what's going on" "I've been told nothing" when bandmembers answer to fans questions...

I'm sorry, but the road to be considered as A BAND by the people, the media and the TV (lol) is still long for this new Guns N' Roses.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 09:01:14 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2006, 08:46:52 PM »

and do you find it normal? I don't.
When I was a kid, Slash was as important as Axl. I loved also Duff, Gilby, Dizzy and Matt also... that was a BAND. and you could see it on TV.
If I want to see a solo act (as you say), I go to see Georges Michael, Bruce Spingsteen or Eric Clapton. At least I know it is a solo act. But here, I think it's hypocrit and not honest to call something a band, and then doing the contrary when the ball is rolling. I want to see interviews with Robin, Tommy, Richard or Brain. Why aren't they allowed to be interviewed? Why the management says "don't do interviews"? I'm sick of that, that's not honnest. At least, not when you claim this is "a band".
Same for the media, I'm sick of reading reviews or articles in the newspapers saying "Axl and his boys", "Axl and his crew", "Axl and his hired mercenaries", "Axl and his employees". A french magazine (a stupid Metal magazine, well Metal magazine are stupid so it doesn't change from the habbit!) even did a bad joke after the Paris show... they wrote "Guns N' Rose"... no, i didn't misspell it, read again "Guns N' Rose", not Roses, like to say there's just Axl Rose and the rest of the guys can fuck off.

Something must change, the bandmembers should have more attention, i miss the old days when Slash was EVERYWHERE doing interviews for Guns N' Roses... Robin has been in the band for 10 years, and I haven't read one fucking single interview of him during al these years, probably because he's been told to shut the fuck up or he would be fired.... money can buy lots of things, but it can't buy the silence forever. Be honnest. if this is a BAND, don't lie to people and don't act as if it is a solo artist act.

I'm sorry, but the road to be considered as A BAND by the people, the media and the TV (lol) is still long for this new Guns N' Roses.

Axl is far and away the most famous in the band and is the only original member.

There is nothing unusual about all the things you mention - for most people the fact that he is calling this Guns N' Roses is not right

The only way the hired guys are going to get any recognition is if CD is a big, widely accepted hit album

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2006, 10:23:58 PM »

i think the band should get more attention, but they dont have any gnr material of their own out.  and i dont think they want to be known for playing the old songs like the old band.  when/ if CD is released and they tour with CD out, im sure we ll have a better understanding of who is doing what, and the videos then will be more integrated with the current members

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2006, 04:42:57 AM »

nes man I don't want to hear interviews from those guys now.. it'll be how much they love axl, how touring europe was great and how they know nothing about cd.. I ratrher people get interviewed when they can actually speak their minds and give real information,...
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2006, 10:01:09 PM »

I ratrher people get interviewed when they can actually speak their minds and give real information,...

Yes, yes!! Exactly. I thought about that just the other day.

It's one of the things I miss the most about the old GNR days. They would speak their mind without giving any shit to what they were saying.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2006, 10:23:41 AM »

Same problem about the Kroq show:

I didn't see the show last night, so I downloaded some videos. I just saw IRS and Better, it's very good but most of the time the camera is still all about Axl, even during guitar solos.

When a guy plays a guitar solo, why filming almost 90% of the time?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 11:07:40 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2006, 10:38:06 AM »

Same problem about the Kroq show:

I didn't see the show last night, so I downloaded some videos. I just saw IRS and Better and guess what.... most of the time the camera is still all about Axl, even during guitar solos. WTF? Anyone notice that as well?

OK we know Axl is there, right, we get it, but when a guy plays a guitar solo, why filming Axl again and again and again and again and again and again?
wow...Axl was even on stage during an solo?

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: