Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:35:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 196438 times)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2340 on: September 09, 2006, 05:36:50 PM »

Axl's appearance was lame and a waste of time. Axl's a legend, and The Killers are some retread of the 80's, here today... gone tomorrow band!!

Sadly I disagree.? I don't think him making a public appearance was a waste.? People now realize that he's still alive.

Agreed, definitley not a waste..for those who lost track of Axl over the years..now they know he's alive and well? and for those who don't know who the F he is/was..is now doing their research. good move in my opinion.

hihi? ok...he's still alive like a simple employed of MTV Channel while The Killers were God in front of him that night, Oh Jesus Christ!? ?Shocked

so....hell yeah...Axl's appearance was lame and a waste of time for sure, c?mon Axl!, something so wrong is happening on ur mind these days ta accept a kind of Job like that? Cry

?? I'm being totally sincere when I ask this: What country are you from?

from the land of stupid people.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #2341 on: September 09, 2006, 05:38:37 PM »

Yeah, it's a job. He will introduce a new band every year now! hihi

no matter how long he does cuz anyway he got money for makin' that!....what a fuckhead!!!!

Yes Axl did get paid, it is hard to argue he was held 'hostage' by the music mafia boys but....since merck has fallen "in love" with axl he has manuvered and coerced axl into doing many ridiculas things for sure...now the gnr puppets? say merck has "LOST HIS MIND " over axl; and the two sinister sweeties think they have pulled the wool over everyones eyes just because axl conformed temporarily under mercks domineering tricks...keekee...but axl is always smiling naughtily to himself because he thinks merck is lost in his "game" , lost in his music and lost in his arms .....the finale is going to be some kind of democracy....but I doubt it will be chinese....keekee

i never thought Axl would end up this way!!!! what a concept!  Angry
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2342 on: September 09, 2006, 06:06:19 PM »

Yeah, it's a job. He will introduce a new band every year now! hihi

no matter how long he does cuz anyway he got money for makin' that!....what a fuckhead!!!!

Yes Axl did get paid, it is hard to argue he was held 'hostage' by the music mafia boys but....since merck has fallen "in love" with axl he has manuvered and coerced axl into doing many ridiculas things for sure...now the gnr puppets  say merck has "LOST HIS MIND " over axl; and the two sinister sweeties think they have pulled the wool over everyones eyes just because axl conformed temporarily under mercks domineering tricks...keekee...but axl is always smiling naughtily to himself because he thinks merck is lost in his "game" , lost in his music and lost in his arms .....the finale is going to be some kind of democracy....but I doubt it will be chinese....keekee

headscratch Sister keekee, I'm lost there. (Actually that was before your post but anyways.)
so, in short you think it will be japanese like someone said a few days ago? 
I bet no one would wear a wool pullover in the heat of late summer.
14 Years Estranged
Opening Act

« Reply #2343 on: September 09, 2006, 09:45:42 PM »

"It's THIS YEAR..." So we have 21 days left of this month... and all of Oct., Nov., and Dec.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 11:27:02 AM by 14 Years Estranged » Logged

Agata
Headliner

Rabbit Run

« Reply #2344 on: September 10, 2006, 05:40:20 AM »

Where can I download the Axl backstage interview, please?
Just go to youtube and check it out. Or dig through this huge thread for a link. rofl

Not helping, dude!  Angry

You walk a mile in my shoes
And then you tell me about singing the Blues
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #2345 on: September 10, 2006, 05:54:07 AM »

Where can I download the Axl backstage interview, please?
Just go to youtube and check it out. Or dig through this huge thread for a link. rofl

Not helping, dude!? Angry

search "Axl Rose VMAs" and something should come up, hopefully. Wink
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #2346 on: September 10, 2006, 09:27:31 AM »

Axl Rose being blinded by photographers at vma's, some guy sent me this short vid.. so i uploaded it on youtube..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lLiC6nOuSAo

thanks! Smiley
alot of shouting going on there hihi

i had to watch it like ten times cause he was so incredibly hot.I almost died Tongue
have we got any pics from that moment?

shit happens when you party naked
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #2347 on: September 10, 2006, 12:21:36 PM »

I know Axl's not that tall but Merck looks like he's only 5 feet tall.

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2348 on: September 10, 2006, 02:45:21 PM »

if they performed a new song, and he mentioned cd's release date plus said this is off our new album and will be our first single it would have been golden..

Did you hear anybody make any kind of release date announcements on that awards show?

I only heard people talking about releases, but I think they had been announced prior to the show...

/jarmo

I still maintain that it is always incredibly crude to try and take away from someone else's moment by promoting yourself. I'm really glad he didn't come out and say a damn thing about the album. Plus I think that in itself solidifies the fact that he's a big enough star that he does need a reason to be on MTV, he can show up if he wants.
No one said he had to take away the killer's night could have saidf it during the interview... WOuld have been a cool write up in all metal rock mags plus the rags like us and star... I'm sure if he had to announce it they would have made it better for him then just introducing the last band.. it's over just what would have been smart and cool
Bono
« Reply #2349 on: September 11, 2006, 02:17:11 AM »

So I just watched this clip for the first time ever(didn't bother watching the VMA's, Agassi was playing) and in my opinion Axl does look a bit uncomfortable doing this.? I liked what he said about why he decided to do it. That was nice of him and nice for The Killers no doubt;? but I'm wondering if his "Do you know where the fuck you are!!!!!!!" scream was planned or somthing more spontanious. I kinda think he might've decided to do it right there on the spot. Take a look and decide for yourselves. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mEfmrpHfxQ&mode=related&search=
--DEA--
Rocker

Try it!!

« Reply #2350 on: September 11, 2006, 02:23:07 AM »

eee? what? I guess there is more important things to talk about? or am I wrong.

But I don't think Axl was nervous...
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #2351 on: September 11, 2006, 02:24:13 AM »

i think it was probably not his best scream because he didnt have an earpiece in for himself to hear how he sounded, and maybe since he did such a damn good job in europe he thought he could pull it off without it.  he probly can but doesnt everyone get unlucky at the worst times?
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #2352 on: September 11, 2006, 02:52:31 AM »

so.. seems like Axl and The Killers have even more in common these days.. hihi

Brandon Flowers - frontman of The Killers wearing the same red blazer Axl wore this summer:

DemocracyRose
« Reply #2353 on: September 11, 2006, 02:52:55 AM »

We should analyze this until around christmas... Roll Eyes

I hope in the next coming weeks, we will have far more important stuff to talk about...
Origen
« Reply #2354 on: September 11, 2006, 03:16:42 AM »

The original VMA thread was nearly 120 pages of non sence and yet when someone makes a topic which is actually revelant to Axl at the VMAs people bitch about it. At least it's a better topic then some that is started around here.

I think it was planned but as soon as he did it he looked embarrassed either for the reaction of the crowd or because his voice went high.
Bono
« Reply #2355 on: September 11, 2006, 03:20:28 AM »

holy shit you some of you people are a bunch of tits sometimes. What else is there to talk about right now? ?If you've got somthing so earth shatteringly important to talk about than post it. ?It's just a ?topic of conversation no need to piss all over it. ?Anyways sorry to have wasted your precious time. I realies there are so many more relevant topics we should be discussing. Roll Eyes ? ?
Bono
« Reply #2356 on: September 11, 2006, 03:22:17 AM »

The original VMA thread was nearly 120 pages of non sence and yet when someone makes a topic which is actually revelant to Axl at the VMAs people bitch about it. At least it's a better topic then some that is started around here.

I think it was planned but as soon as he did it he looked embarrassed either for the reaction of the crowd or because his voice went high.

Thank you. That's all I'm getting at. ok
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #2357 on: September 11, 2006, 03:31:18 AM »

I don't think Axl gets nervous that easy, so no. Do I wish that his voice would've sounded a little more "raw"? Yeah. But spontaneous or not, after having watched the VMA's in its entirety, I say it was still the best performance of the night.  Cheesy
shaved
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2358 on: September 11, 2006, 03:34:47 AM »

There was something wrong with Axl's scream?  I thought it sounded pretty damn good myself. 

I have the feeling that he hadn't decided whether he was going to scream or not, I think he was testing the waters.  When he got out there he felt the energy of the crowd and he decided to remind them who the fuck Axl Rose is.

I don't really think he was "nervous" but rather "out of place."  He admitted that he is not a good presenter and was against it to begin with.  It just isnt his gig.  I thought the expression was more of a "what the hell am I doing here" face than a nervous one.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #2359 on: September 11, 2006, 03:36:40 AM »

how many fans has axl played in to??or crowds??

i think that explains whether he is nervous or not ok

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: