Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:12:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227801 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  October 27 - Estero, FL @ Germain Arena
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: October 27 - Estero, FL @ Germain Arena  (Read 43185 times)
Anarchist
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2006, 08:11:11 PM »

ya i totally agree with your take on the voice.  I flew to vegas to see them at the joint and it was without a doubt the best show i have ever seen, part of that was due to the fact that at "The Joint" Axl was practically screaming in your face if you were up close.  i was only wondering because the vids i have seen from the kroq inland invasion in cali didnt seem quite as good as what i saw in vegas.  thanks, and maybe i will see you there.  I will be wearing a "kill your idols" shirt.
BigChrisSpirito
Rocker

Big Chris Spirito

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2006, 08:59:41 AM »

See you all tonight.  I pray this show doesn't start at fn' midnight again... so of us folks have jobs to go to on Saturday and I'll have a 90 min ride home after the show.   peace see ya all in 8 hours whooo hooo

Orlando, FL, 9/2/92
Tampa, FL, 10/25/06
Estero, FL, 10/27/06
Atlanta, GA, 11/2/11
Las Vegas, NV, 10/31/12
Orlando, FL, 7/29/16
Miami, FL 8/8/2017
Hollywood, FL 10/2/21
SLCPUNK
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2006, 10:25:39 AM »

I check for tickets and they are all 89 bucks. I can't find anything on the first level, and only on the second level in the back.
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2006, 12:20:38 PM »

Board members attending: Anarchist, EFISH, jenovahvii, jtopicz1, kujo, slashBOG, SLCPUNK

I'll be there! AND I went to Tampa + Sunrise Cool

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
EFISH
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2006, 01:03:23 PM »

Leaving now, see everyone there! Cheesy
axlnyc
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2006, 02:56:31 PM »

: ok:Way to go EFISH!!  Hoping for live updates here in the big CITY. 

81688-NJ
61791-LI, NY
120991-MSG
121391-MSG
71892-NJ
72992-NJ
30693-CT
120502-MSG
51206-NYC
51506-NYC
51706-NYC
110506-NJ
111006-MSG
111711-NJ
111911-CT
112611-NJ
2/10/12-NYC
2/12/12-
BigChrisSpirito
Rocker

Big Chris Spirito

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2006, 04:05:40 PM »

Leaving work now and heading home for a quick hour power nap.  See you all tonight... section 108 row 6 seats 6 and 7

Orlando, FL, 9/2/92
Tampa, FL, 10/25/06
Estero, FL, 10/27/06
Atlanta, GA, 11/2/11
Las Vegas, NV, 10/31/12
Orlando, FL, 7/29/16
Miami, FL 8/8/2017
Hollywood, FL 10/2/21
BigChrisSpirito
Rocker

Big Chris Spirito

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2006, 07:23:38 PM »

I'm outta here and off to the show... look for this happy face is section 108? peace

Orlando, FL, 9/2/92
Tampa, FL, 10/25/06
Estero, FL, 10/27/06
Atlanta, GA, 11/2/11
Las Vegas, NV, 10/31/12
Orlando, FL, 7/29/16
Miami, FL 8/8/2017
Hollywood, FL 10/2/21
BigChrisSpirito
Rocker

Big Chris Spirito

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2006, 04:36:26 AM »

Tonights show kicked ass!? I went to the show tonight with a good friend of mine who I've known for nearly 15 years Damien aka Taz or DamienTheTaz here on this board.? Damien was the first friend I made when I moved to Florida from Rhode Island back when I was 13 in 1990 and we bonded over the fact that we both loved Guns n Roses and I had on a Stoned in LA t-shirt.? Growing up we always said that one day no matter where GnR played in Florida we would go together and see them and tonight was the night as my girl bailed out on me last minute.? We got to the arena at 10:40 as we skipped out on Bach and PR tonight so that we could get more sleep prior to the show.? We timed everything perfectly cause we only had to wait about 10 mins after arriving before Guns took the stage.? Our seats tonight were total shit in section 108 but we noticed nobody was sitting towards the back of the arena dead center looking straight on at the stage so we walked over and had in my opinion the best seats in the freakin' house.?

Tonight's show was amazing!? It was the same setlist from Wednesday nights show in Tampa but seemed flawless.? Axl's voice was dead on all night and the band was so freakin' tight like a well polished machine.? Back in 2002 the band seemed to be a carbon copy of the old GnR lineup in that they played all the old songs the same way Slash, Matt and Duff would have but this time around the band took the old songs and owned them making them there own.? Can't really explain it but they just weren't playing Slash's old solo's on guitar they were owning the songs and simply making them their's if that makes any sense.? Robin Fink did a guitar solo that I can only describe as dangerously sexy.? It was just this bad ass down and dirty sexy guitar riff that in my head I could see people fucking to in a movie or something.? This new band is full of such talented musicans I dare anybody to name another band playing today that busts out 3 and 4 min guitar or piano solos during their shows.?

I had no problem tonight sneaking my camera in and below you will see pictures.? I also used my Sony Digital to record Chinese Democracy and I Use To Love Her on video and will upload those very soon.? I gotta hand it to the guys who bootleg shows as I was scared to tape too much tonight as I didn't wanna risk getting kicked out plus I was bouncing around too much and having too much of a good time to sit still and record everything.? So my hat is off to the great folks who do all the recordings as it takes big balls.?

After the show ended we hung out in the back loading arena with all the trucks and saw the lead singer from Papa Roach and some groupie babes trying to get backstage.? After about 15 mins of standing around we walked around the side of the building and saw Bumblefoot talking to fans and signing autographs.? What a nice nice guy, total class act.? He signed both mine and Damien's ticket stubs and took pictures with both of us.? Totally mellow guy who was really appreciative of everyone coming out and thanks us for coming out and being fans.? Who does that anymore?? Seriously, how cool is that of him to be so down to earth and take time out for the fans?? Simply awesome and that my friends is how a kick ass night ended.? It's 4:34am and I still haven't slept as I'm still all jacked up from the concert and a wonderful night out with one of my best buds.? Enjoy the pictures and as for the videos somebody just email me or PM me with directions on how to compress the videos and where to upload them or simply where to upload them if compressing isn't an issue.? I recorded I Use To Love Her for everybody cause I figured they hadn't been playing that live and it would be neat for everybody to have.? Anyways, I out so? peace

Big Chris

ps meet EFISH of the board tonight who was sporting a HereTodayGoneToHell.com t-shirt.? Nice meeting you my friend!? (He also meet Bumblefoot and got a pic with him)

*here's two jackasses getting kicked out before the show started.? I have never seen anybody actually carried out like that so I had to take a pic

*This is a shot of the arena which wasn't even half full... gives you all a good idea of where we sat... dead center rear of the building high up.... GREAT SEATS!

*Backstage by the trucks after the show.. this is the lead singer of Papa Roach

*Chinese Democracy live

*My Michelle live with Bach

*November Rain live

*A couple of random shots

*And finally what's a concert without hot groupies with big tits trying to sneak in the backstage area after the show through the parking lot where the stage crew was loading all of the bands instruments.

*Use To Love Her Video
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S2M35F6S

*Chinese Democracy Video
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4G367B51

Hope you enjoyed this blog and my pics/videos

Chris
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 06:23:14 AM by BigChrisSpirito » Logged

Orlando, FL, 9/2/92
Tampa, FL, 10/25/06
Estero, FL, 10/27/06
Atlanta, GA, 11/2/11
Las Vegas, NV, 10/31/12
Orlando, FL, 7/29/16
Miami, FL 8/8/2017
Hollywood, FL 10/2/21
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2006, 05:23:20 AM »

Thanks for taking the time to write the review (and post the pics); sounds like you had a brilliant time.  beer

I couldn't agree more with you about the way these guys take the old songs and make them their own.  This band injects so much life and energy into their performance that, in Europe earlier this year, I was able to recapture all the old excitement I felt when I slipped AFD onto the turntable for the first time way back in the '80s.  And that's definitely something I thought had gone forever only a few years ago!

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
J. Peterman
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2006, 05:39:41 AM »

I wasn't really planning on going to this show. But the wife and I decided to go at the last minute. I am really glad we did. Was able to get tickets on the right side of the stage row 3. Technically row 1 I guess, because they had the first 2 rows blocked off. Anyway overall very good show. The crowd was really into at as well. More so than the Sunrise show a few days ago. Same setlist as Tampa & Sunrise. Although they did not play Used To Love Her @ Sunrise. So that was a nice treat. Being stage side,I was able to see Axl, Robin, Richard & Ron closer than I ever could have imagined. About 8-9 feet away. I was so excited and amazed. Never thought I would be that close to Axl. Was also able to see alot of backstage stuff. Beta was there, as well as Axls girl he has been with. Sasha I think is her name? Saw Baz and his wife as well waiting to go on for My Michelle. Some guys from Papa roach too.

Highlights for me were Better, Chinese Democracy, Nightrain and Mr. Brownstone. Although the other songs kicked ass too. I have only heard Better in it's entirety since the other night in Sunrise, was holding out until the cd comes out. That song kicks alot off ass. I can't get it out of my head. Some girls were throwing bras up onstage and Axl picked the first one up and held it up against is chest. That was quite funny (and disturbing at the same time) Grin Overall had a great time and it was well worth the 3 hour drive over and back. 

For those that are unsure about going to see them, if you can you should it is well worth it. If you are disappointed about no new Chinese Democracy songs, when I saw Metallica back in 97 when Load came out they only played 3 new songs of that cd, and there cd was already out.

That is my review. Gotta go to sleep now it is almost 6:00 am. Thank God I don't have to get up early. peace

One more thing I am pretty sure HTGTH's very own EFISH caught a water bottle from Robin. ok
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 05:41:28 AM by J. Peterman » Logged
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2006, 05:58:54 AM »

Glad that your and your wife had a great night, JP, and thanks for taking the time to post a review.   ok

I hadn't heard Better before seeing them live and you're right, it really does get under your skin.  Cheesy

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
imgrubby
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2006, 12:22:51 PM »

Chris,
Thanks for the review and the pictures and video. Looks and sounds like you had a great time. can't wait to see them in MI.
RJ1221
Rocker

5 dolla Spock bill!

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2006, 12:25:23 PM »

sweet pics man! what kind of camera do you have? im looking to get a digital camera....
BigChrisSpirito
Rocker

Big Chris Spirito

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2006, 12:28:54 PM »

sweet pics man! what kind of camera do you have? im looking to get a digital camera....

I have a Sony digital 5 megapixel 3X camera that I got at bestbuy almost 2 years ago for $399.99  I'm looking to get rid of it and give it to my mom and upgrade to a 8 megapixel 5X one sometime in the near future :O)  glad you liked the pics... check out the ones I posted from the tampa show on the board I was much closer for that one

Orlando, FL, 9/2/92
Tampa, FL, 10/25/06
Estero, FL, 10/27/06
Atlanta, GA, 11/2/11
Las Vegas, NV, 10/31/12
Orlando, FL, 7/29/16
Miami, FL 8/8/2017
Hollywood, FL 10/2/21
RJ1221
Rocker

5 dolla Spock bill!

« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2006, 12:42:45 PM »

I have a Sony digital 5 megapixel 3X camera that I got at bestbuy almost 2 years ago for $399.99? I'm looking to get rid of it and give it to my mom and upgrade to a 8 megapixel 5X one sometime in the near future :O)? glad you liked the pics... check out the ones I posted from the tampa show on the board I was much closer for that one

eeek, too expensive for a university student Sad
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2006, 02:25:17 PM »

Big Chris, excellent review and fantastic pics!!!!  I really enjoyed them.  Glad you had an awesome time and got a pic with Bumblefoot! ok
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2006, 02:27:29 PM »

Great stuff BigChrisSpirito!
EFISH
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2006, 04:32:00 PM »

Just got home, was front again, verrrry first one in the arena....
I met Ron after the show and snapped some pictures...
Security were being real assholes until GNR came on then they lightened up....
Setlist was exact same as Tampa...
This show was fucking amazing!
Caught Robin's water bottle....
Held up Robin during Nightrain, touched Rons guitar during PC....
Great fucking night, just amazing!
Review and pictures to come, getting them developed now....

ps meet EFISH of the board tonight who was sporting a HereTodayGoneToHell.com t-shirt.  Nice meeting you my friend!  (He also meet Bumblefoot and got a pic with him)
Hey man! Nice meeting u too yes Ron was sooooo cool outside, class act!

One more thing I am pretty sure HTGTH's very own EFISH caught a water bottle from Robin. ok
Yes, that was me! HAaha how'd you seee that?! Grin

Alright guys, more to come.......
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2006, 04:46:30 PM »

Good review Big Chris and great pics. You had to be really close to SLC and I. We were in section 106 about a dozen rows up.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »