Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:54:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  October 27 - Estero, FL @ Germain Arena
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: October 27 - Estero, FL @ Germain Arena  (Read 43183 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2006, 12:24:14 AM »

Good review Big Chris and great pics. You had to be really close to SLC and I. We were in section 106 about a dozen rows up.

Sounds like we waited too late/went to the wrong side of the arena to meet anybody.............

Great reviews and pictures, thanks to all. Another great night with GnR.

See ya'll in Jacksonville!
EFISH
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2006, 12:26:44 AM »

Good review Big Chris and great pics. You had to be really close to SLC and I. We were in section 106 about a dozen rows up.

See ya'll in Jacksonville!
Urggh you are so lucky Angry
 Grin haha have fun man!
So out of the shows you went to, which one do you think was better?
I think Estero was better, IMO....
Also, have trouble finding that hotel? Grin They gave us the wrong directions, we drove around for an hour before we called them and asked where the hell it is rofl rofl rofl
SLCPUNK
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2006, 01:52:51 AM »

I went the total opposite way. But after about 5 minutes, I realized that there was no way this could be where the hotel was. Then I found it in a few minutes. It was actually a pretty nice room.

I liked Tampa better, but I am guessing because my seats were much better. It was still fun in Estero because I got to see more of the "entire" show: lights, flames etc. I got to see the those guys get thrown out (who were really fighting the security guys bigtime.......... hihi So that was cool.

We had a fun time. We went to breakfast with Kujo at the Denny's (gross) right next to the hotel til 4 that morning. (This is just between us, but I think Kujo was losing his mind from lack of REM sleep.)
EFISH
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2006, 01:56:11 AM »

I went the total opposite way. But after about 5 minutes, I realized that there was no way this could be where the hotel was. Then I found it in a few minutes. It was actually a pretty nice room.

I liked Tampa better, but I am guessing because my seats were much better. It was still fun in Estero because I got to see more of the "entire" show: lights, flames etc. I got to see the those guys get thrown out (who were really fighting the security guys bigtime.......... hihi So that was cool.

We had a fun time. We went to breakfast with Kujo at the Denny's (gross) right next to the hotel til 4 that morning. (This is just between us, but I think Kujo was losing his mind from lack of REM sleep.)
Hey, I went to Denny's for breakfast too!  hihi hihi
Yeah, it was actually a guy and a girl thrown out, and security picked up the girl and just carried her away, and the guy was struggling to get free and the 2 security guards were twisting his neck, looked like it hurt like a bitch. rofl
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2006, 10:09:53 AM »

Oh, yeah? Well the shadow people are telling me that you are a stooge. Besides, who was the one who wanted to stand in the cold october rain hoping Axl would come by and autograph his hand?

I was actually doing fine, thanks Red Bull, until two incidents:
1. Listening to the guy on my left trying to sing along with everysong yet butchering every single lyric (Think Borat mixed with Eric Cartman as the special olympics athlete and you've got it exactly)

2. The absolute morons sitting behind me at Dennys. To think that those kids are the future scares the shit out of me. You had to be impressed though that I was repeating their entire conversation at the same time they were saying it smoking

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2006, 01:26:48 PM »

hahaha, "Could you sign here where it says 'free taco'? Thanks!"

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. That guy to your left had me laughing for about 10 whole minutes. Probably the most I will ever laugh at any GnR concert. I thought I was going to piss myself.

My favorite exchange was between Mrs. Punk and the security guard. As he sat there with his jaw open, wondering how to respond, I just told him, "Hey dude, don't feel so bad........... I'm married to this girl! I have to hear shit like this everyday!"

hihi

The kids behind you didn't bother me as much as our waitress who looked like she had gone through a wind tunnel while drinking 40 cups of coffee and chewing 8 no doze. Yikes! I'd also seen cleaner restrooms in jail then that place.
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2006, 01:58:34 PM »

My favorite exchange was between Mrs. Punk and the security guard. As he sat there with his jaw open, wondering how to respond, I just told him, "Hey dude, don't feel so bad........... I'm married to this girl! I have to hear shit like this everyday!"

I had forgotten about that. I'm glad he was cool because I had visions of him calling security and having us get a beat down for standing by Mercks bus. I also became convinced at that point that she writes all your material.

Just so everyone is clued in, we were leaving and saw a few tour bus' where we were told the band would be, so we decided to go see what we could come up with. No guards at the gate so we all walk in towards the bus. We were halfway between the bus and the gates when security came out and walked to us.

Security: Do you have a pass?
All of us: No
Mrs Punk: Can I just say I have one?
Security: If you dont have a pass you have to stand behind the gate
We walk behind the gate
Security: Who are you waiting for? Everyone is gone.
Mrs Punk: Well if everyone is gone, how come we have to stand behind the gate?

We did find out that it was Mercks bus "That promoter/manager guy" and that we did see Axl's bus leave past us and honk the horn.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
EFISH
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2006, 02:09:55 PM »

I had forgotten about that. I'm glad he was cool because I had visions of him calling security and having us get a beat down for standing by Mercks bus. I also became convinced at that point that she writes all your material.

Just so everyone is clued in, we were leaving and saw a few tour bus' where we were told the band would be, so we decided to go see what we could come up with. No guards at the gate so we all walk in towards the bus. We were halfway between the bus and the gates when security came out and walked to us.

We walk behind the gate

We did find out that it was Mercks bus "That promoter/manager guy" and that we did see Axl's bus leave past us and honk the horn.
Did you go there right after the concert? I did about 15-20 minutes after and I saw Richard walk out and then go back in the arena, I saw the Papa Roach guy walking to his bus, and alas Ron hanging out with like 10 fans....
 Tongue
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2006, 02:21:20 PM »

We got out of the venue pretty quick, but didnt think about looking for the bus until security started clearing people out of the front of the building. Probably 30 to 45 minutes after the show.

I talked to one guard who was over by Sebastians bus and he said he isn't really a fan of hard rock music, but he wanted to check out the band. He had no idea who anyone was other than Axl, but said he was very impressed with the talent of the band, even if some of the more agressive songs were not "his cup of tea"

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2006, 02:25:42 PM »

I'm pretty sure they were honking at me...............

We walk behind the gate

hihi

Gawd bless that woman.................... hihi
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 02:33:04 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2006, 04:12:45 PM »

She is a saint to put up with just you.

When we get together I dont know how she puts up with us sometimes hihi

I just remembered the one individual a few rows behind us that was screaming for them to play "You Could Be Mine"................. even after they already played it. So of course I started calling for Welcome To The Jungle, which prompted Chuckles on my left to inform me "They already played that, my friend"

Also thanks to Chuckles It will be awhile before I can listen to Patience without hearing "We never made it/Because i couldn't bake it"   hihi

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
EFISH
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2006, 04:18:44 PM »

She is a saint to put up with just you.

When we get together I dont know how she puts up with us sometimes hihi

I just remembered the one individual a few rows behind us that was screaming for them to play "You Could Be Mine"................. even after they already played it. So of course I started calling for Welcome To The Jungle, which prompted Chuckles on my left to inform me "They already played that, my friend"

Also thanks to Chuckles It will be awhile before I can listen to Patience without hearing "We never made it/Because i couldn't bake it"   hihi
That is strange because the dude next to me was shouting for YCBM after they played it also!  rofl rofl

Another funny story was when we were waiting for GNR to come on, some guy that looked like a terrorist started coming to the front saying "I'm just looking for my watch..." and kept pushing up...
I said "dude your watch is on your arm" and he  paused and said "no, my other watch".. Security came over and told him to get to the back and he started arguing and getting pissed but finally gave in. I thought he was gonna blow us up though or something because he was very terrorist looking.  hihi hihi
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2006, 06:57:17 PM »

HAHAHA  rofl

Man I love it when people at shows want to sing along and butcher everything, make up their own lyrics and what not.

Especially when its caught on video.

BAKE IT  rofl
BigChrisSpirito
Rocker

Big Chris Spirito

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2006, 09:16:27 PM »

Here's a pic of all the men's merch that they had on sale... lol I got one of everything plus the poster and that white thing on the left is my ticket stub signed by Bumblefoot

Orlando, FL, 9/2/92
Tampa, FL, 10/25/06
Estero, FL, 10/27/06
Atlanta, GA, 11/2/11
Las Vegas, NV, 10/31/12
Orlando, FL, 7/29/16
Miami, FL 8/8/2017
Hollywood, FL 10/2/21
SLCPUNK
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2006, 11:20:49 PM »

I just remembered the one individual a few rows behind us that was screaming for them to play "You Could Be Mine"

hahahahaha, I forgot too. That was so fucking funny!

hihi hihi hihi hihi
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2006, 11:19:46 AM »

Thanks Chris! You're an awesome GNR fan! You have given us reviews and pics for all the shows! You rock!

I love the tidbits about people singing and get thrown out. Keep the extra stories coming! One question for the groupies - how the hell do they manage to stand in those shoes the whole concert without feeling like total crap by the end of the night? I guess it was cool since this show wasn't sold out but I can't imagine standing like 8 or 9 hours in fuck me pumps.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2006, 06:43:15 PM »

Big Chris, love all your merch!  You rock, dude!!!!! peace
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2006, 06:47:10 PM »

how much are the T shirts selling for at the venues?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2006, 06:58:28 PM »

I can't imagine standing like 8 or 9 hours in fuck me pumps.

SLC kept asking me to rub his feet nervous

Shirts were $35-$40 dollars

Another story I had forgot about. Frank was doing his drum beat to get the crowd to chant "Guns n Roses". I was talking to SLC about something but after the second drum beat with no response, on the 3rd I shouted out "Guns N Roses you fuckers". The 4th beat got a better response Grin

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2006, 12:21:35 PM »

I love that you got everyone going! Sometimes it takes a kick in the ass...

Sounds like SLC was looking for some action! Did he throw those shoes in the garbage after the show?Huh? hihi

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: