Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:28:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  September 16 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: September 16 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint  (Read 122926 times)
rwm172
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #300 on: September 19, 2006, 06:46:22 PM »

So this is where I should write my POV for the evening?

Alright so here goes (I am running on 1 hour of sleep too to keep this in perspective). So yesterday. Took a nap in the afternoon and woke up around 4. We (my wife Andrea and I), decided to just go to the Rainbow to meet up with everyone and get some drinks before getting to the show. Awesomely (don't care if I am using the right words or grammar) board members came in...and really made the night so fucking special, I will never forget it.

I dont know if some of you even realize how cool people in here really are. GNR has the coolest fans in the world, and last night was proof positive. Shit I am really sorry now for my memory and forgetting the names of who was there. There were about 7 people who showed to the pre party at the Rainbow(and a big what the fuck to those who didn't. Seriously what the fuck?). Everyone was cool as shit. Can one of you name the people who were there for everyone? I will never forget you guys. We even went back to a hotel room and had more drinks, more smoked out, and listened to GNR. I laughed my ass off when we got back, and saw what we all did to the room. I should have taken a picture. Beer bottles, Vodka, cigarette buds, cups, and a pipe everywhere. Oh and Bandita, I cleaned up... I would have felt bad for the Housekeeping lol. Could not have been a better experience for a pre show party/meet-up.

Alright I will get down to it. We were up in the balcony and got there before Phantom Planet started playing. The only reason I mention the band is because they surprised the shit out of me.? thought they were a great opening act. Fucking beyond the call of duty with their respect and admiration for Axl and GNR which was damn cool. I was enjoying there set a lot. Thought their drummer in particular was a real standout and they had catchy upbeat songs that for me at least, really set the stage. But anyway... on to the business.

Keep in mind, I have never seen the new GNR, and the last time I saw GNR was 13 years ago. Man it was crazy. I actually started getting a little emotional. Serious. I was blown the fuck away. Downloading videos and mp3's really don't capture what it is like seeing them live. I wasn't expecting that. They are so fucking good. I saw GNR 4 times previously. Axl rages like always but I think he is so much cooler now...and I wasn't expecting that either. Its not just that he just looks happier, which he does...but he looks free. The way he talked to us...and he relates with the band, its really very cool. Instead of being this crazy motherfucker like in the past...he is a crazy motherfucker who...is charming as shit. And that is a word I never use. I would love to get into this all more and maybe I should have planned out exactly what I was going to write, but...fuck I will break some things down...

Robin Finck. Another example of the videos we have not doing this band justice. He is really fucking good. He really fucking is. He plays with so much emotion...and its infectious. I saw Robin a bunch of times in the past when he was with NIN...and he's not at all the same guitar player. I really fucking loved Slash. Slash is a ridiculously gifted guitar player. I think whenever Slash played, I thought he was just badass. And he was. Slash was always way into his shit. But with Finck, the man looks so emotionally invested in the music its another level GNR never saw before. I dont think I can even explain this right. I just find it very moving and touching. I dig Finck. I don't want to repeat things I know you know...like him falling).

I keep replaying the entire night over an over again. Amusing shit I experienced. There was a couple dudes totally on acid on the balcony. This fucking dude, like had his clothes off and was swimming in GNR music. I also had this older dude who felt the need to high five everyone after every song which was a bit well, you know. After awhile I just gave him a fist for him to touch. It was fucking obvious my hardcore brothers were on the floor. Shit you guys made Axl so fucking happy. He dug the fuck out of the crowd. And that story he told about Paul...We heard Paul tell that same story from Paul at his concert...so its totally ture. The balcony had a lot of people that were there because they were cool and really weren't fans. I could see my bros. on the floor rocking out with me to the new tracks, whereas on the balcony a lot didn't know shit.

Also I really am fucking thankful Axl does his Good fucking night after Nightrain. That cleared out a lot of the trendy fuckers in the reserved area who thought the show was over. A bunch of us then got to see the rest of the show right on the railing which was? unbearably cool. It felt like we were right on top of the band. Amazing.

In my opinion, and I heard pretty much all the mp3's and videos, Axl delivered the best vocal for IRS at this show. The dude was fucking beyond awesome pretty much the whole night but shit like with IRS, he fucking owned so much ass. All the new tracks sound really fucking awesome and I would take the Pepsi challenge with them over much of the older GNR tracks. I am so glad they did Madagascar to. I almost forgot how special it is. Such a damn trip.

I think I wrote way too much, and no ones really going to read it. And to those from the board who partied, we were lead out down these stairs at the end that took us right outside. I thought it was the part we were suppose to hook up at (fuck I wanted to get Nightrain!), so we thought we'd see everyone back at Rainbow. The place was packed solid, and we were real hungry, so we went back to Hard Rock for some grub. I really hope we can all party again sometime. Was it axlrosegnr, that was with that chick with the red GNR shirt? I cant get over that whole situation. So fucked. What a lame motherfucking boyfriend. She is damn cool. We should beat the shit out of that fool! Anyway, you are a cool motherfucker man.

What a perfect fucking day. Thank you to everyone. I had a blast and really hope you all did too. I consider you all friends now. Glad to meet you all and put a face to all of you. To the cool ass Hippy GNR chick who went to Lisbon you are awesome. Thanks for smoking out. You are damn cool. Husbands a nice guy too. And the dude who was with that dude from Pittsburgh, cool motherfuckers. And the other dude who brought the beers from his hotel. Fuck yea. Shit, I'll better stop.

Fucking Class A night. Cool friends and GNR bringing their A game to a classy motherfucking Joint. Damn I love GNR. So great. Thank you.

Right on Buddah Master, I had a great time this weekend as well. ?It was great to meet some of the boardmembers and pre-party @ Rainbow and in ur hotel. ?I'm Rob the guy I was there with my bro from Pittsburgh. ?U r his favorite he really enjoyed that present u gave him (I did too a little!) Are you going to Inland Invasion, San Diego or Bakersfield?
DaNutz
Headliner

Seriously fuck off

« Reply #301 on: September 19, 2006, 06:59:13 PM »

In my opinion, and I heard pretty much all the mp3's and videos, Axl delivered the best vocal for IRS at this show. The dude was fucking beyond awesome pretty much the whole night but shit like with IRS, he fucking owned so much ass. All the new tracks sound really fucking awesome and I would take the Pepsi challenge with them over much of the older GNR tracks.

I wasn't a huge fan of IRS until this concert...This track is sooooooo good live....You could tell that only about 25% of the audience in the front was familiar with the new tracks,
but EVERYONE was so into IRS...it was really really catchy.....In the future it could fit in well, with their opening tracks of WTTJ, Its so Easy and Brownstone...All very upbeat
tracks that sound so awesome live. If not, its at least on par with You Could be Mine.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #302 on: September 19, 2006, 07:06:02 PM »

I agree with you there man, IRS was in top form.. great great performance.  It was great to see how many people were into that song!!!

In my opinion, and I heard pretty much all the mp3's and videos, Axl delivered the best vocal for IRS at this show. The dude was fucking beyond awesome pretty much the whole night but shit like with IRS, he fucking owned so much ass. All the new tracks sound really fucking awesome and I would take the Pepsi challenge with them over much of the older GNR tracks.

I wasn't a huge fan of IRS until this concert...This track is sooooooo good live....You could tell that only about 25% of the audience in the front was familiar with the new tracks,
but EVERYONE was so into IRS...it was really really catchy.....In the future it could fit in well, with their opening tracks of WTTJ, Its so Easy and Brownstone...All very upbeat
tracks that sound so awesome live. If not, its at least on par with You Could be Mine.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #303 on: September 19, 2006, 07:09:34 PM »

A handout that was sitting in the Hard Rock on a table when I walked in on Saturday night.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #304 on: September 19, 2006, 08:13:54 PM »

Thanks for the reviews!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kylemsymons
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #305 on: September 19, 2006, 09:09:20 PM »

Man that must have been a great show...On a more serious note...Does that flyer say $103-$250 for Supernova tickets??? Shocked   I know its a New Years show but Jesus Christ its just Supernova rant
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #306 on: September 19, 2006, 09:13:29 PM »

I never made it to the pre-party, we just partied at the Hard Rock bar in the center before. ?So bummed I didn't meet any of you except for Punk something or other and his cutie wife Nina. ?The show rocked so hard! ?I am still in dis-belief that I was there! ?I got so excited when they started playing Night Train that I made the dude in front of me spill his whole drink on the girls in front of him! ?oops! ?Saturday had to of been one of the best days/nights I've ever had! Was at the pool doing jello shots during the day, then went on that roller coaster at the NY, NY hotel, which was completely insane, then saw Gn'R at the Hard Rock! ?Doesn't get much better! ?peace

Oh, was at that bar called Body English (in Hard Rock) afterwards, hoping Axl was there...he wasn't
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #307 on: September 19, 2006, 09:22:06 PM »

Man that must have been a great show...On a more serious note...Does that flyer say $103-$250 for Supernova tickets??? Shocked? ?I know its a New Years show but Jesus Christ its just Supernova rant

says $103 and $253
kylemsymons
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #308 on: September 19, 2006, 10:34:58 PM »

I paid $125 to see the Rolling Stones, a band that has the years and classics ....I can't think on how anyone could explain how Supernova gets or anyone who would pay that amount to see them. I know it's a special night (New Years) but I think thats crazy.

But this is not a I hate Supernova site Tongue , its a Guns N Roses site  yes and it's been great reading all these reviews for the Vegas shows.

Thanks to all who posted their reviews, pics and experiences.

I cannot wait until October 24th in Sunrise, FL when I hear those words, "Do you know where the Fuck you Are?!".

It's been way too long.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #309 on: September 20, 2006, 12:16:38 AM »

Hey Everyone!!!

Just got back home last night, I am still numb!!? That was the experince of a lifetime, and wish everyone from the board could have been there, as such the dedicated fans that we all are, it would have been nice.? I have never been to a more perfect GNR concert like that it completely just kicked f-ing ass and then some.

Since I saw them in Lisbon in June I would say that Axl has only perfected things along the way, and probably dropped an easy 20 lbs also, those shirts that were just a little snug now have plenty of room, for all of us gals out there Axl was definately looking very fine.

I think that the reviews people have already given are pretty damn accurate to the nights events, so I won't go there with any of that.

My husband Scott and I went to the Rainbow at about 6:15 or so.? Walked in and there were a handful of people around the bar, being the outgoing unshy person that I am I just walked up and asked them if they were all from the board, and low and behold they were.? That is where I met up with you Buddah, and your lovely wife.? It was all of you that I met, and I am sorry I cannot remember all of your names, that made this whole experience so damn perfect.? Thank you all for everything, I cannot even begin to stress how much fun I had meeting and partying with each and everyone of you, by the way I am the one that Buddah refers to as the awesome hippy chick who went to Lisbon, I love that It made me laugh so hard when I read that.? Like in Lisbon, it was great to meet some of the members in person, we are all such lucky people to share this same passion for GNR.? By the way I have all of us partying in Buddahs room saying hi to HTGTH on my cam, so will put that on here as soon as I can.? I love all of you, oh and to Emily, hope you made it home safe, and kicked your stupid jealous boyfriends ass for being such an idiot over Axl, he truley needs to grow up, and maybe as I told you while you were partying, you might want to think him over, as jealousy like that is not a good thing for a relationship, be careful!!!

While I was in the concert, I had people screaming at me from behind, from the balcony, and everywhere over my GNR jacket, frick everyone wanted that jacket, I even was asked to be in I don't know how many pictures with it, everyone loved it , thanks to all of them, I appreciate it, but It will be all that more cool if I can just manage to get it signed by Axl, and the band members, once I accomplish that task, I will hang it on my wall of GNR memorabilia.?

Also while I was there, a couple of guys behind me tapped me on the back, (in regards to jacket again), after talking for a few, I find out that like myself they are from Seattle also, one of the two of them pulls a card out of his wallet and hands it to me, he works for a major ticket selling place here, and told me GNR will be here in Seattle, in December, and to call him, and he will get me best possible seats available, so if this is true, I guess I will be going to this one in style, maybe those autographs will come then, and will be more special due to the fact that it will be from my hometown.

Like Buddah says we could all go on forever with what we experinced this last weekend , but time I am running out of right now, but before I go I once again want to thank each and everyone of you who had anything to do with this event, and I want to thank Jarmo and Mysterion for the presale tickets, I appreciate everything everyone here has done to make my trip so memorable, and if anyone ever come here to Seattle, please let me know in advance, and I will help accomodate your vist, and get together, peace to all of you and I love you all bunches.? msaxl43

Hey Guys,
I'm a new member here, but have already met some of you at last weekends show in Vegas. Thank you to all of you who I met, and who helped make all of our nights a night we won't forget! For all of the GnR fans, each and every one of you was cool as hell!! I love the attitudes everyone had, and the fact that we all had the same passion for GnR. I have never met so many people who are like me!!

I just wanted to say thanks for all of your guys support with my boyfriend who is jealous of Axl (and why wouldn't he be jealous, Axl is one fine piece of meat!!). I appriciate all the posts out to me - and that I should kick his ass... Thanks MsAxl43, and for the advice. I'm glad your husband is so supportive of you and your love for the band...one day I'll find a guy like that too! Thanks too all the other people who helped us have a wonderful time! For all of you going to Bakersfield....I'm SOO jealous!! But i'm also out of cash, so unfortunatley I won't be able to make it.

When the rest of the tour is announced, I'm hoping for a show in Minneapolis, or at least within driving distance of. If anyone would attend that show, we need to get together! plus if they do come to that area, axlrosegnr will be there too!
Hey girlie, welcome to the board, glad to be hearing from you, and a blast partying with you, your awesome.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #310 on: September 20, 2006, 01:52:49 AM »

You know, speaking of Hard Rock Hotel, what the fuck happened? I mean, what is the deal with all the trendy motherfuckers? The center bar is ridiculous. It was fun playing point out the fake boobs walking around Hard Rock though. Disappointed with what has become of that place. You wear a Rock shirt there on the weekend and you have trendy fuckers looking at you like you are a loser. Chumps man. Rainbow on the other hand...

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
SLCPUNK
« Reply #311 on: September 20, 2006, 01:57:47 AM »

So bummed I didn't meet any of you except for Punk something or other and his cutie wife Nina. 

Punk what's his name
...........jeesh.  hihi

Well my wife does have more memorable assets then I do, I suppose.  Grin

We did rock that place though didn't we?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #312 on: September 20, 2006, 01:58:55 AM »

You know, speaking of Hard Rock Hotel, what the fuck happened? I mean, what is the deal with all the trendy motherfuckers? The center bar is ridiculous. It was fun playing point out the fake boobs walking around Hard Rock though. Disappointed with what has become of that place. You wear a Rock shirt there on the weekend and you have trendy fuckers looking at you like you are a loser. Chumps man. Rainbow on the other hand...

Some of those freaks were actually at the show too with women in big heels and dresses like they were going to the Opera and they had NO clue about the band except they had a hit with SCOM. ?It cracked me up cause here in NY you would take a beating showing up to a rock concert like that. ?Totally weird experience seeing this in the casino!!!

Wish I got to hang more at the Rainbow, ahhh next time!

Or if the tour ends here in NY you should all make the trip!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #313 on: September 20, 2006, 02:24:17 AM »

Right on Buddah Master, I had a great time this weekend as well. ?It was great to meet some of the boardmembers and pre-party @ Rainbow and in ur hotel. ?I'm Rob the guy I was there with my bro from Pittsburgh. ?U r his favorite he really enjoyed that present u gave him (I did too a little!) Are you going to Inland Invasion, San Diego or Bakersfield?

Yea man. Im going to Bakersfield. Lol...glad you and your bro enjoyed it. I will bring some more of Cali's finest to Bakersfield.

And next time...we will have to party at someone else's hotel.

GunsNDragons
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #314 on: September 20, 2006, 02:59:12 AM »

Hey all... my first post... I just had to register 'cause everyone on this board seems really cool.

I drove in from Los Angeles for my first GNR show and boy did they not disappoint. It was the best concert I've every been to (and one of the cheapest thanks to eBay). My pal and I listened to GNR religiously in high school and I waited like 14 years to see them. Waiting in line and having Axl come by down the hall was unbelievable. Chatting with all the super friendly fans was amazing too. I thought the crowd was going to be a lot rougher but everyone was nice except for the drugged up dude that was feeling up the nice gal next to me. BTW. I'm the asian guy from Amherst, MA. Any of the other nice MA folks I met reading this? msg me or whatever. I think I'm heading out to the Worcester, MA show and it would be cool to meet up there if y'all are going!

Anyway... I'll be going to the Inland Invasion this week and most likely the San Diego show on the 5th. Anyone else going to either of these?

Peace.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #315 on: September 20, 2006, 10:10:18 AM »

Hey all... my first post... I just had to register 'cause everyone on this board seems really cool.

I drove in from Los Angeles for my first GNR show and boy did they not disappoint. It was the best concert I've every been to (and one of the cheapest thanks to eBay). My pal and I listened to GNR religiously in high school and I waited like 14 years to see them. Waiting in line and having Axl come by down the hall was unbelievable. Chatting with all the super friendly fans was amazing too. I thought the crowd was going to be a lot rougher but everyone was nice except for the drugged up dude that was feeling up the nice gal next to me. BTW. I'm the asian guy from Amherst, MA. Any of the other nice MA folks I met reading this? msg me or whatever. I think I'm heading out to the Worcester, MA show and it would be cool to meet up there if y'all are going!

Anyway... I'll be going to the Inland Invasion this week and most likely the San Diego show on the 5th. Anyone else going to either of these?

Peace.

Just taking a stab in the dark here...dude were you on line for the balcony? Anyway, welcome bro.

leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #316 on: September 20, 2006, 12:26:26 PM »

Peace.

Going to both..

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
axlandemily
Opening Act

Lets Ride the Nighttrain!!!

« Reply #317 on: September 20, 2006, 01:04:21 PM »

Hey Everyone!!!

Just got back home last night, I am still numb!!? That was the experince of a lifetime, and wish everyone from the board could have been there, as such the dedicated fans that we all are, it would have been nice.? I have never been to a more perfect GNR concert like that it completely just kicked f-ing ass and then some.

Since I saw them in Lisbon in June I would say that Axl has only perfected things along the way, and probably dropped an easy 20 lbs also, those shirts that were just a little snug now have plenty of room, for all of us gals out there Axl was definately looking very fine.

I think that the reviews people have already given are pretty damn accurate to the nights events, so I won't go there with any of that.

My husband Scott and I went to the Rainbow at about 6:15 or so.? Walked in and there were a handful of people around the bar, being the outgoing unshy person that I am I just walked up and asked them if they were all from the board, and low and behold they were.? That is where I met up with you Buddah, and your lovely wife.? It was all of you that I met, and I am sorry I cannot remember all of your names, that made this whole experience so damn perfect.? Thank you all for everything, I cannot even begin to stress how much fun I had meeting and partying with each and everyone of you, by the way I am the one that Buddah refers to as the awesome hippy chick who went to Lisbon, I love that It made me laugh so hard when I read that.? Like in Lisbon, it was great to meet some of the members in person, we are all such lucky people to share this same passion for GNR.? By the way I have all of us partying in Buddahs room saying hi to HTGTH on my cam, so will put that on here as soon as I can.? I love all of you, oh and to Emily, hope you made it home safe, and kicked your stupid jealous boyfriends ass for being such an idiot over Axl, he truley needs to grow up, and maybe as I told you while you were partying, you might want to think him over, as jealousy like that is not a good thing for a relationship, be careful!!!

While I was in the concert, I had people screaming at me from behind, from the balcony, and everywhere over my GNR jacket, frick everyone wanted that jacket, I even was asked to be in I don't know how many pictures with it, everyone loved it , thanks to all of them, I appreciate it, but It will be all that more cool if I can just manage to get it signed by Axl, and the band members, once I accomplish that task, I will hang it on my wall of GNR memorabilia.?

Also while I was there, a couple of guys behind me tapped me on the back, (in regards to jacket again), after talking for a few, I find out that like myself they are from Seattle also, one of the two of them pulls a card out of his wallet and hands it to me, he works for a major ticket selling place here, and told me GNR will be here in Seattle, in December, and to call him, and he will get me best possible seats available, so if this is true, I guess I will be going to this one in style, maybe those autographs will come then, and will be more special due to the fact that it will be from my hometown.

Like Buddah says we could all go on forever with what we experinced this last weekend , but time I am running out of right now, but before I go I once again want to thank each and everyone of you who had anything to do with this event, and I want to thank Jarmo and Mysterion for the presale tickets, I appreciate everything everyone here has done to make my trip so memorable, and if anyone ever come here to Seattle, please let me know in advance, and I will help accomodate your vist, and get together, peace to all of you and I love you all bunches.? msaxl43

Hey Guys,
I'm a new member here, but have already met some of you at last weekends show in Vegas. Thank you to all of you who I met, and who helped make all of our nights a night we won't forget! For all of the GnR fans, each and every one of you was cool as hell!! I love the attitudes everyone had, and the fact that we all had the same passion for GnR. I have never met so many people who are like me!!

I just wanted to say thanks for all of your guys support with my boyfriend who is jealous of Axl (and why wouldn't he be jealous, Axl is one fine piece of meat!!). I appriciate all the posts out to me - and that I should kick his ass... Thanks MsAxl43, and for the advice. I'm glad your husband is so supportive of you and your love for the band...one day I'll find a guy like that too! Thanks too all the other people who helped us have a wonderful time! For all of you going to Bakersfield....I'm SOO jealous!! But i'm also out of cash, so unfortunatley I won't be able to make it.

When the rest of the tour is announced, I'm hoping for a show in Minneapolis, or at least within driving distance of. If anyone would attend that show, we need to get together! plus if they do come to that area, axlrosegnr will be there too!
Hey girlie, welcome to the board, glad to be hearing from you, and a blast partying with you, your awesome.

thanks!! it was a blast partying with you too....hopefully we can meet up one day again for another show! along with all the other cool GnR fans

Emily Rose
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #318 on: September 20, 2006, 03:25:08 PM »

Welcome to the board Emily, hope you stick around and it was nice meeting you on Saturday! beer
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #319 on: September 20, 2006, 04:19:50 PM »

What was the deal with the crazy security?  They actually had guards walking around with German Shepards while we were on line.  They came by me three times.  Jeez.
They were acting like they were secret service or something.
  But, it was a great show, and I'm so happy I made the trip.  Can't wait to seem again Oct. 24th!
  I loved it when, at like, 11:30, Axl said "Yeah we should really be going on stage soon."  Then he pauses for a reaction from the crowd, then he said "You don't like that joke do you?" heh Wink

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: