Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:20:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227797 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  September 17 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: September 17 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint  (Read 40974 times)
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2006, 01:14:05 PM »

Thanks Cotis cool pics. ok

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2006, 01:15:24 PM »

Thanks for the review, good read and cool pics!  ok

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2006, 01:26:59 PM »

Cotis!! You rock! Thank you so much for the review and the pics.  ok
beerman
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2006, 01:41:25 PM »

Great Pics, thanks!

5/91 AlpineValley
4/92 RosemontHorizon
1/01 HOB Vegas
11/02 AllstateArena
11/06 AllstateArena
11/11 AllstateArena
2/12 HOB Chicago
4/16 T-Mobile Vegas
7/16 SoldierField
11/17 UnitedCenter
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2006, 01:49:30 PM »

Ok Guys, heres my review. I went to the Rainbow agian at about 5:30, started drinkin, didnt quit until 4am . Anyways, the show started and ended a bit later than Saturday. As you've already seen, same setlist, Used to love her instead of Rocket Queen. I skipped Hoobastank, went in about 10 minutes after they finished. Once Jungle started, got to the front pretty much right away. Robin was so wasted  i got to hug him when he came down in front. During one song he sat down onstage and faced his amps and played for a couple minutes. At the end of patience, something happend, Axl ran of stage, I could see him yelling at someone, then right after that, and for the rest of the show, merck was running back and forth in front of the stage, almost like they were looking for someone. I was able to hear Axl a lot more tonight, he was way louder in the mix. At the end of Used to Love her, Axl said soemthing to the effect "We invited Izzy, he's off racing his truck in Mexico, but hes here in spirit" all in all, great show, I'm mad that the weekends over, oh well, I get to see them again in 2 weeks in bakersfield!!

Ok, the one moment that pissed me off.....I REALLY wanted the mic......Oh, and I noticed that Axl uses a different Mic for Paradise that he throws. Anyways, at the very end of Paradise, I moved back to the middle of the floor, where I saw the mic go the ngiht before. He throws it, goes rght over my head, I turn around, people are all jumping for it, i saw it get kicked, and I jump for it....i was 12 inches away....ya know what happend?  Security was throwing people out of the way, and a security guard got it....that pisses me off...that is something for the fans, i was pissed, but oh well, nothign I can do about it, great fuckin show!!

Axl is God.
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2006, 01:59:30 PM »

Man.. I can't wait until Saturday.. that will be a night to remember.. great reviews and great pics.. :-)

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2006, 02:03:44 PM »

Ok Guys, heres my review. I went to the Rainbow agian at about 5:30, started drinkin, didnt quit until 4am . Anyways, the show started and ended a bit later than Saturday. As you've already seen, same setlist, Used to love her instead of Rocket Queen. I skipped Hoobastank, went in about 10 minutes after they finished. Once Jungle started, got to the front pretty much right away. Robin was so wasted? i got to hug him when he came down in front. During one song he sat down onstage and faced his amps and played for a couple minutes. At the end of patience, something happend, Axl ran of stage, I could see him yelling at someone, then right after that, and for the rest of the show, merck was running back and forth in front of the stage, almost like they were looking for someone. I was able to hear Axl a lot more tonight, he was way louder in the mix. At the end of Used to Love her, Axl said soemthing to the effect "We invited Izzy, he's off racing his truck in Mexico, but hes here in spirit" all in all, great show, I'm mad that the weekends over, oh well, I get to see them again in 2 weeks in bakersfield!!

Ok, the one moment that pissed me off.....I REALLY wanted the mic......Oh, and I noticed that Axl uses a different Mic for Paradise that he throws. Anyways, at the very end of Paradise, I moved back to the middle of the floor, where I saw the mic go the ngiht before. He throws it, goes rght over my head, I turn around, people are all jumping for it, i saw it get kicked, and I jump for it....i was 12 inches away....ya know what happend?  Security was throwing people out of the way, and a security guard got it....that pisses me off...that is something for the fans, i was pissed, but oh well, nothign I can do about it, great fuckin show!!

THATS FUCKING BULLSHIT MAN!!!

I know one security prick (the only really mean one, the others were nice as fuck), he looked all prissy and stuckup, he was taking OFFERS for his setlist, which I could go home and make on Microsoft Word. Complete bullshit. There was a tall black security guard that was nice and then Chris, the guy with the Ponytail. We chatted before and after the show, it was awesome. Chris actually has a really good band and I'll post the myspace page for it when I find it!
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2006, 02:07:40 PM »

Great pics.THX

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2006, 02:09:46 PM »

i can see brain is using a smaller drumkit than before. he took one tomtom away and he uses less cymbals i think. back to basics
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2006, 05:28:34 PM »

wo fucking ho!!!  Shocked

awsome pics man!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Chief
Legend

« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2006, 07:37:25 PM »

the shows ruled, i had such a blast!! I'll post reviews soon but i'm sorry i didn't make it to the preparties .. my friends delayed me and by the time i got there it was too late.  sunday i had to pick up someone from the airport.. 
i looked for some folks in line but no dice.  next time i'll do better making it to the pre party!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2006, 12:49:20 AM »

So after seeing the show the night before and meeting Robin, I couldn't believe I was going to see them yet AGAIN. 

Last night was by far the best show I've ever seen in my life.  Shocked  The sound was 100% improved from the previous night.  The whole band was super tight, I can't put to words how incredible it was.

One thing I noticed was Pitman playing part of Mr Brownstone with his ass.   But yea they came out at about 11:15 or so.. 

Welcome To The Jungle
Its So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Live and Let Die
Knockin on Heavens Door
Robin Solo (different than any other solo hes done, really crazy and awesome!)
SCOM
You Could Be Mine
The Blues
Better
Richard Solo/Beautiful w/Robin
Out Ta Get ME
November Rain
Ron Solo
My Michelle
IRS
Used To Love Her
Patience
Nightrain

Madagascar
Paradise City

I might be a bit mixed up with a couple songs.

Highlights for me was IRS, UTLH, Mr Brownstone, and SCOM.    Robin was so fucking on this night.   Axl wasn't nearly as talkative as the night before, but he did mention they invited Izzy to join them but Izzy was driving around in his truck in the deserts of Mexico.  :rofl-lol:   

This was better than New York.   Out of the 4 shows I saw I put them in this order performance wise

Sept 17
May 17, NY
Nov 22 2002, Pittsburgh
Sept 16

Thats not to say the night before was bad, it was amazing, but the sound was 100% improved and the band and Axl just sounded better.   These guys need to release this album because it will take over the fucking world!    I hope they are here to stay this time.   

What a fucking weekend!  rock3
DaNutz
Headliner

Seriously fuck off

« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2006, 07:42:28 AM »

Sep. 19, 2006
Copyright ? Las Vegas Review-Journal

REVIEW: GN'R needs to trim fat

By JASON BRACELIN

REVIEW-JOURNAL

"All we need is just a little patience," Axl Rose sang, and the Guns N' Roses frontman wasn't lyin': His band's padded set at The Joint on Sunday came coated in so much lard that you could feel your arteries clog as the group played.

In addition to a pair of piano jams, there was not one, not two, but three extended guitar solo interludes by the band's trio of guitarists -- the worst of which was by Richard Fortus, who actually turned in an instrumental rendition of Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" for some reason.

All these detours took a wrecking ball to the considerable amount of momentum that Rose and company had worked hard to establish.

Taking the stage in sunglasses, jeans and a white T-shirt that declared him an "Assassin of Youth," Rose was a commanding presence from the start, spinning himself in circles with arms outstretched as he sang, holding the mic stand above his head triumphantly, like a prizefighter who had just KO'd some stubborn foe.

Heavily mining GN'R's debut, "Appetite For Destruction," the band worked itself into a lather on an opening suite full of gritty, hardscrabble urban blues -- songs like "Welcome to the Jungle," "It's So Easy" and "Mr. Brownstone" -- mean tunes about living hard in the hard part of town, which often sound as if they're sung through clenched teeth.

GN'R is at their best when making nasty primal urges and a vengeful pathos something you can dance to -- such as on the paranoid gut punch of "Out To Get Me" or the libidinous fatalism of "Nightrain" -- and their early material is powered by a sultry rage.

Nowadays, the group takes a more expansive view of the alienation and dystophia that has informed much of GN'R's repertoire, and the band's sound follows suit.

This became especially evident as the group worked through a handful of selections from their long-delayed album "Chinese Democracy," the best of which was "Madagascar," a dusky, dramatic ballad with percolating electronic drums and sweeping guitar solos. Other new tunes included the similarly grandiose "The Blues," and moody rockers "IRS" and "Better."

Through it all, Rose proved to still be strong of voice, shrieking through "Sweet Child O' Mine" like nails were being pounded into his wrists. He would occasionally get winded though, and his voice was frequently lost in the mix on songs like "Live and Let Die" and "You Could Be Mine."

Still, Rose seemed to be in good spirits, smiling broadly and bounding about the stage like an aerobics instructor.

He even alluded to making amends with some of his former bandmates. "We asked Izzy to come here," Rose says of ex-GN'R guitarist Izzy Stradlin. "But I think he's somewhere in the desert, driving around in a truck. But it's all good. He sends his mojo."

Maybe so, but that mojo was too often squandered by all the unnecessary instrumental asides. The audience seemed to tire of the interludes as well. By the end of the night, the once-packed house had thinned out considerably, with a healthy chunk of the audience departing before the show ended at a little past 1:30 a.m.

"Nothin' lasts forever," Rose sang during a sprawling "November Rain."

He may be right, but this gig came pretty close.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2006, 07:55:35 AM »

He even alluded to making amends with some of his former bandmates. "We asked Izzy to come here," Rose says of ex-GN'R guitarist Izzy Stradlin. "But I think he's somewhere in the desert, driving around in a truck. But it's all good. He sends his mojo."

The reported obviously didn't know about Izzy making appearances in Europe. In fact he probably didn't even know they had a european tour. He didn't seem to do much research before going to the show. Sounds like a fair review, although I wasn't there...so?

DaNutz
Headliner

Seriously fuck off

« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2006, 08:08:05 AM »

Did they have more solo time on Sunday then Saturday?

I was there Sat. and gotta say the solos were very brief except for Bumblefoots....It was very acceptable.
I find it hard to believe people were leaving before it ended.

Maybe this guy just reads these negative posts on the forums.

Saturdays show was the best concert Ive ever seen by far by any band...(Saw GNR in 89, and 3 times in early 90's)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2006, 04:14:06 PM »

Did they have more solo time on Sunday then Saturday?

I was there Sat. and gotta say the solos were very brief except for Bumblefoots....It was very acceptable.
I find it hard to believe people were leaving before it ended.

Maybe this guy just reads these negative posts on the forums.

Saturdays show was the best concert Ive ever seen by far by any band...(Saw GNR in 89, and 3 times in early 90's)

That reporter obviously knows nothing of this band or even the fact that they just came off a tour.  I take that all with a grain of salt. 

Sunday's show was fantastic, even better than Saturday IMO and no, the solo time was the same-
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2006, 07:09:58 PM »

A handout that was sitting in the Hard Rock on a table when I walked in on Saturday night.

(posted in other thread too, since it was both nights)
RockiesGirl
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2006, 09:48:09 PM »

So jealous! crying

Thank you ALL for posting the reviews and esp. the pics!

GNR fans kick a**!~
Chief
Legend

« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2006, 12:11:27 AM »

After a long and awesome gig last night, I knew that it was going to be another great show and I knew the timings better too so this time we decided to skip the opening act and still got pretty good spots.  Ahh, you gotta love the club venues!  Unfortunately one thing that was really annoying was that I noticed that some people were let in first who didn?t even wait in line!

This show was completely awesome as well, and the band was on fire!  I could definitely tell that Axl was sick though because the vocals suffered a little bit.  VERY impressed that he got through the show without major problems!  I noticed he was drinking a lot of liquids and during Jungle I could hear a cough.  He also changed some things around because he was having trouble singing a few times. He wasn?t in as good of a mood as Saturday night but I wouldn?t say he was in a bad mood either.

Tonight the solos were all different except for Dizzy?s piano solo, which was Ziggy Stardust.  I still could have used maybe one less solo spot though even though its understandable that they do it.

For the Blues, this time Axl didn?t jump on the piano making it less of a powerful moment.  Out Ta Get Me had a sweet intro because Robin, Richard and Ron were all up in front of the stage with Richard and Robin standing on top of the monitors.  It really injected a lot of energy into the show at that point.  They showed what a good band they are by not missing a beat even though Axl came in late during the last verse.

Used to Love Her was definitely the highlight of the show for me. I had never seen them play it and really wanted to hear it so I was really excited to hear it!!!  It seemed like it wasn?t on the setlist and they just decided to play it because some of the guys were talking before the song.  They had a blast playing it, great version and there were 2 solos taken by Robin, then Richard and they had a lot of the crowd singing along.

Before Patience Axl mentioned that he talked to Izzy and he was in Mexico somewhere riding trucks around in the desert but he sends his mojo.

A few other random things that I noticed:

This time during the move the piano jam, Axl joined in and played some piano in a jazzy style.  This show was the first time I saw Ron?s Fretless guitar.  Also, at the end Axl bowed by himself with a rose in his teeth after the group bowing moment.
Also, from the previous Vegas shows I miss the TV screens on stage showing video clips, that was a very cool extra to have up there.

It was quite an amazing weekend for me, and these shows are the best yet I?ve seen from the band which is pretty damn good considering Axl was sick.  I was glad to see that the setlists aren?t completely set in stone and the jams and solos have been different.  I also knew more or less what to expect so it didn?t shock me that the band didn?t play 10 new songs or play Coma or anything like that!  I can?t wait to see them again and especially when the album is out so they can finally play more of their own material.  I am definitely ready to see more shows, but GNR in Vegas has been pretty special.  Hope to make the next Vegas gig!!

Round 2 has just Begun!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
dblj
Opening Act

Sometimes I feel like I'm beatin' a dead horse!!

« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2006, 01:57:52 PM »

Hey all, just want to say that I am a new member to the board but I definately shouldn't be.  I have been a HUGE GN'R fan since my 18th b-day in 1988.

I saw GN'R 6 time back in '91 & '92 with 4 of them being exceptional and I have to say that both show in Vegas this last weekend are right on the top of that list.  Everything that everyone is saying about these shows is right on, Saturday night the band was awesome but the vocals were lacking some volume but Sunday...HOLY SHIT!  They were fine tuned!

I have got to say that after standing in line for more that four hours each night GN'R fans are the best!! ok  I know I talked with at least one member, COTIS, and probably others too.  Just so you might be able to put a face to a name, I am the guy with the Appetite Cross tatoo with Slash and Steven Adler autograph's tat'd.  Cotis, let me tell you that it was fun to talk with you while we were waiting and let me tell everyone else that you were dedicated enough on Sunday night to give up your spot on the baricade to take a couple of steps back so you could take those AWESOME pics...Thanks for helping everyone remeber those 2 nights.  I know you had an PERFECT birthday with Guns N' Fuckin' Roses in Las Vegas!!

I have to admit that over the past several years I have been one of those who thought that Chinese Democracy would never see the shelves, so I had to make do with VR and Slash's Snakepit (which are great in their own ways too); but after seeing these two shows...

GN'R IS BACK WITH A FUCKING VENGENCE!!!...LOOKOUT WORLD, HERE THEY COME AGAIN!!!!!

GNR saw me in:
07/08/91-Dallas, TX
07/09/91-Dallas, TX
07/11/91-Denver, CO
07/13/91-SLC, UT
01/21/92-Minneapolis, MN
09/19/92-Denver, CO
09/16/06-Las Vegas, NV
09/17/06-Las Vegas, NV
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: