Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:06:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  September 17 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: September 17 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint  (Read 40948 times)
dblj
Opening Act

Sometimes I feel like I'm beatin' a dead horse!!

« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2006, 02:05:10 PM »

...and to add one more thing... Cry I am sad to say that I did not get Axl to sign my arm to add to the tat.? He did see it Saturday and gave me a thumbs up with a smile but Sunday I don't think he even saw me even though I was right against the baricade (once again...Thanks Cotis!!).? Now I'm just going to have to plan to see even more shows so that he will eventually sign it just to make me stop showing up with my arm in his face, ha ha!!

GNR saw me in:
07/08/91-Dallas, TX
07/09/91-Dallas, TX
07/11/91-Denver, CO
07/13/91-SLC, UT
01/21/92-Minneapolis, MN
09/19/92-Denver, CO
09/16/06-Las Vegas, NV
09/17/06-Las Vegas, NV
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2006, 02:08:29 PM »

...and to add one more thing... Cry I am sad to say that I did not get Axl to sign my arm to add to the tat.? He did see it Saturday and gave me a thumbs up with a smile but Sunday I don't think he even saw me even though I was right against the baricade (once again...Thanks Cotis!!).? Now I'm just going to have to plan to see even more shows so that he will eventually sign it just to make me stop showing up with my arm in his face, ha ha!!

oh heyy!

i know you you are noww!

no problem giving up my spot...i enjoyed the concert just as well 3 people back than I would have at hte front.

the security guard almost took my camera!  Sad
dblj
Opening Act

Sometimes I feel like I'm beatin' a dead horse!!

« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2006, 02:23:59 PM »

yeah, that was funny, everytime I saw him slashing at his throat I knew he was referring to you and your camera.  You did get some great shots, I still like the one with Axl on the piano.  I just looked at my pics from Saturday and I need to take photo 101...they almost all SUCK!  I got like 2 good ones of BBF and 1 of Axl.  Also, I think that's my head in some of your shots in this post (not quite sure though, don't usually see myself from that angle). 

GNR saw me in:
07/08/91-Dallas, TX
07/09/91-Dallas, TX
07/11/91-Denver, CO
07/13/91-SLC, UT
01/21/92-Minneapolis, MN
09/19/92-Denver, CO
09/16/06-Las Vegas, NV
09/17/06-Las Vegas, NV
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2006, 03:26:36 PM »

A handout that was sitting in the Hard Rock on a table when I walked in on Saturday night.

(posted in other thread too, since it was both nights)

Someone is actually selling this on Ebay.  A free flyer.  Man, people will sell just about ANYTHING!
djayezd
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2006, 09:51:50 AM »

I saw GNR in Dublin a couple of months ago. They exceeded all of my expectations. The Vegas show(Sunday), however, was a complete bust. Axl was singing over a backing track the entire time, which wouldn't have been a problem, except that the backing track featured more prominently than his live voice. In fact, during their performance of Better, something happened and he stopped singing altogether. He was walking around the stage ranting about something, but the song (with his recorded voice) continued to play, and quite loudly at that. Not cool, especially for such an intimate venue.  Moreover, with the exception of Brain, Robin, and Dizzy, the guys in the band had a mediocre night. I suspect Vegas got the best of them and their Saturday performance was much better. Just a guess.

I should also make a point of mentioning that I was completely sober for the show. It's my experience that people who drink at concerts always have good things to say, so this review is not biased by alcohol.

By the way, does anyone know who the guy was standing at the back of the room near the rear right bar (to the right as you entered the venue). He was about 6' 6", 50 years old, with died red hair, black skull and crossbone tight pants, and some weird Davinci style hat. He looked like an old Rocker, but I couldn't place a face with a name.

D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: