Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:24:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  December 19 - Universal City, CA @ Gibson Amphitheatre at Universal CityWalk
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: December 19 - Universal City, CA @ Gibson Amphitheatre at Universal CityWalk  (Read 121794 times)
Rosettta7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2006, 07:55:38 PM »

^^ yep, did the same as Rosetta.? I wish I had the $$ for more than 1 show though...? it's just the 19th for me.

Yeah, I wish I could go to more than one show too.  I also wish they'd play the Hammerstein Ballroom in NY again.  Somehow I'd get to NY to see that show, cuz they were awesome there!  I saw the show twice and it was unforgettable.  It was also my first trip to NY.  But it will be great to seem them close to home too, here in Los Angeles.
ftheup
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #201 on: October 19, 2006, 08:49:57 AM »

First post here, sorry if it doesn't adhere to scalping rules.  Some of you have spoke of paying out the ass for PIT tickets for this show.  As sales progress, the PIT tickets have gotten cheaper.  I found one site below for tickets that would be less than $10 over face value after ticketmaster service fees and charges.  At 05:45 they still had nine pit tickets for $100.  They also had the same tickets for $225 each.  I got in on the presale, orch7.  I'm hoping sales pickup for these 3 shows.  Good luck & please delete this post if it is out of line.

I tried buying two and they charge $15 service per ticket and cheapest shipping is $14.95.  Two tickets would be $245.95.  My two orch tix were $181.25 with all fees.  Stub hub's cheapest were  $159.  I didn't want to serve up my credit card info for a test run so I don't know stub hub's fees.  Cheapest ebay pairs right now are $315 with shipping.

http://www.wehaveseats.com/ResultsTicket.aspx?evtid=418756
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 09:06:06 AM by ftheup » Logged
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #202 on: October 19, 2006, 10:25:16 AM »

First post here, sorry if it doesn't adhere to scalping rules.? Some of you have spoke of paying out the ass for PIT tickets for this show.? As sales progress, the PIT tickets have gotten cheaper.? I found one site below for tickets that would be less than $10 over face value after ticketmaster service fees and charges.? At 05:45 they still had nine pit tickets for $100.? They also had the same tickets for $225 each.? I got in on the presale, orch7.? I'm hoping sales pickup for these 3 shows.? Good luck & please delete this post if it is out of line.

I tried buying two and they charge $15 service per ticket and cheapest shipping is $14.95.? Two tickets would be $245.95.? My two orch tix were $181.25 with all fees.? Stub hub's cheapest were? $159.? I didn't want to serve up my credit card info for a test run so I don't know stub hub's fees.? Cheapest ebay pairs right now are $315 with shipping.

http://www.wehaveseats.com/ResultsTicket.aspx?evtid=418756

I stronlgy suspect the GA tickets that you see there for $100 each are NOT pit tickets but some upper level GA. If you look further down Pit ticket prices start at $150 each.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
ftheup
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #203 on: October 19, 2006, 11:27:38 AM »

I stronlgy suspect the GA tickets that you see there for $100 each are NOT pit tickets but some upper level GA. If you look further down Pit ticket prices start at $150 each.

Where exactly would the upper level GA's be?  According to the universal website, the only GA's available would be rows AAA-HHH down in the very front.  Everything else is permanent seating.  I believe these seats are not too expensive due to lack of interest/demand to the general public.

http://www.hob.com/venues/concerts/gibson/seating.asp
http://www.casenet.com/concert/unampl2.gif

No mention of other than pit GA's on the tm.com website.
ORCHESTRA PIT-GENERAL ADMISSION STANDING
US $75.00

LOWER LEVEL ORCHESTRA
US $75.00

MIDDLE LEVEL LOGE
US $49.50 - US $75.00

REAR MEZZANINE
US $39.50 - US $49.50

FRONT MEZZANINE
US $39.50 - US $49.50
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 11:30:16 AM by ftheup » Logged
leatherebel
VIP

« Reply #204 on: October 19, 2006, 12:03:22 PM »

Then, why do you see those GA tickets to be the cheapest of ALL section?
And why do you see further down explicitly stated PIT tickets start from $150 a piece?

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
ftheup
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #205 on: October 19, 2006, 01:50:02 PM »

It is very possible that these tickets are tickets that people want to get rid of quickly.  Several of these sites are not "broker only" but they allow people to put their "unwanted" tickets up for sale and they make some of the profit as well.  I still can not see where these upper level GA's would be located.  This is a small place (6000).   This should be a hot ticket.  It is not.  You have yours, I have mine. 99 1/2% of the population has no clue that GnR is touring.  The only people that have tickets right now are fans and scalpers.  The casual fan is unaware.  Without any publicity, this tour will not be a sell out.  If you look close, there are more than one set of GA's.  Some people think they can make more money than others.  Some want to get their minimum investment back and be done.
leatherebel
VIP

« Reply #206 on: October 19, 2006, 02:06:26 PM »

Ok, if you bought any GA tickets from that site, let me know if it says Pit when you receive them.

For your information: LA and NYC will always sell out for GN'R even with no promotion. It is the other places, such as TN, IA, or WV, where they need the massive promotion to seel out.

ftheup
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #207 on: October 19, 2006, 02:17:28 PM »

LR, I don't plan on buying any GA's.  I have 6th row orch.  Here are a couple of virtual maps with GA orch pit and with seated pit.  Per the Universal website:  "All seats are Reserved, except when the Pit is noted as being General Admission, Standing Room Only."  My initial question is where would these upper level GA's be located?  Just curious.

Without seats shot from the middle of the pit
http://www.hob.com/apps/vrshow.asp?v=gibson&id=3

With seats shot from the front of the stage
http://www.hob.com/apps/vrshow.asp?v=gibson&id=4

I went to the Metallica/GNR show at the coliseum in 1992 and it was very not sold out.  The Rose Bowl a week later, sold out.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 02:19:47 PM by ftheup » Logged
leatherebel
VIP

« Reply #208 on: October 20, 2006, 01:46:18 AM »

I know that the map of HOB does not show any other GA place than the pit. But I am still suspicious of those tickets for $100 - they are the cheapest of all sections, plus no other scalper site offers Pit for lower than $150....These sites normally have comparable prices.

The LA Coliseum is an Olympic Stadium with capacity of 92,000+......It is normal if even Metallica+GN'R can not sell it out on occasion. The Gibson Amphitheater, on the other hand, as you pointed out, has a capacity of only 6,000 and it will not have a problem selling out. In fact the 17th show is almost sold out....2 months before the show......LA loves GN'R...just like NYC.

ftheup
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #209 on: October 20, 2006, 10:07:43 AM »

Only singles left on tm.com for 12/17.  The above link for $100 GA seats no longer has the $100 tickets.  The sites normally have the exact same pool of tickets.  For example there are section 1 row dd on most of the sites for tonites show.  Wehaveseats lists them for $491, stubhub lists them for $515, stubdepot  lists them for $565,  greattickets lists them for $545, etc.  These are thes same tickets with the exact same description "4th row from pit center."  The brokers get these seats, put them for sale in their special little "scalper circle" and whoever sells them first, gets the bulk of the profit.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #210 on: October 22, 2006, 12:07:21 AM »

so whats gonna happen with the pre party? i emailed the hard rock but they never answered back. so lets just get there early and get some tables
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #211 on: October 22, 2006, 12:21:06 AM »

also, The Hard Rock has a GnR section that you might want to reserve.
ftheup
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #212 on: November 30, 2006, 02:35:52 PM »

Just pulled orchestra1, row r on tm.com.
ftheup
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #213 on: December 01, 2006, 03:50:45 PM »

My tickets.com order showed up today in the mail.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #214 on: December 01, 2006, 06:46:21 PM »

My tickets.com order showed up today in the mail.

Shiet! Hell yeah. You live in CA? Maybe that means I'll get em soon =)

gnrevolution.com
fear the juggalo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: December 01, 2006, 10:21:56 PM »

so are we having a pre-party or am i just gonna make a ass out of myself alone??? (which i have no problem doing). since i am going to these shows alone.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #216 on: December 03, 2006, 04:08:22 PM »

Yes we are.  Just meet us there.
westcoastjunkie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: December 04, 2006, 09:50:31 PM »

I'll sell my Orchestra seats at face value if anyone needs any. I have for both shows and they are pretty close. I have pit tix for both shows so I don't need the orchestra I got through TM. I have singles and pairs. I'm not a scalper.

If interested, send me a message on here. I'll tell you the exact seats. I'm in LA and am going to both shows.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #218 on: December 08, 2006, 03:02:13 AM »

Take me off the list for this show.. Spent too much money on gifts.. cannot afford to buy a ticket.. lol.

gnrevolution.com
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #219 on: December 08, 2006, 03:08:05 AM »

i thought you already had a ticket  for this show
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: