Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:23:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Oasis vs. Nirvana
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oasis vs. Nirvana  (Read 9685 times)
superloconoriega
Big gay Al
Headliner

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2006, 06:46:42 PM »

Both bands are different, but the problem is that the people that dont know nirvana's catalogue or b-sides tend to criticise or generalize nirvana's catalogue into just screamy / noisy songs. Sure, there are quite a few of them, but less known compositions such as do-re-mi, old age and the rest of the 93-94 stuff are more acoustic / pop / beatlesque songs. 

Say what you wanna say, but nirvana did indeed change the face of music. Rock N Roll cliche's ( sex, drugs, etc ) that once were considered cool are now taken as a joke ( pete doherty , cobain's own wife courtney love, paris hilton,  even our own axl ).

And, Nirvana's progressive music evolution is clear. From the raw sound of bleach in the late 80's to the pop side showcased in mtv's unplugged in new york in late 93, i can clearly ( and not to compare with them but, ) make a connection with the beatles, who went from i wanna hold your hand to sgt peppers. As far as a mainstream listener like me knows, oasis has gone downhill in their releases and ( again, for a mainstream listener like me ) the only song that still has regular play is wonderwall, when nirvana's lithium, come as you are and most of the unplugged songs still get air time.

I dont know what band is better, but my favorite is nirvana.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: