Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 07:48:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228018 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Evanescence! Right or wrong??
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Evanescence! Right or wrong??  (Read 5689 times)
BA
Linkin Park's worst nightmare
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2006, 05:44:24 AM »

my immortal is one of the greatest songs in the last 5 years!

dont know about that.

i think evenescence are absolutely wank,a big pile of piss flaps but that doesnt mean they are to someone else,think for yourself,question authority..and knock yourself out,there is a lot worse out there.

http://www.thecouncilband.com

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
word and music-my only tool
allicatt
Opening Act

Tap it........unwrap it........

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2006, 07:31:49 PM »

You can listen to whatever you want.... you are absolved.... go in peace....... smoking

Alliecatts purr when they're stroked
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2006, 05:51:21 AM »

When guitarist Ben Moody mysteriously disappeared from his hotel room in the middle of an Evanescence european tour - only to reappear some weeks later as a professional songwriter for the likes of Avril Lavigne and Anastacia - many assumed the worst.  They thought that Evanescence had had their 15 minutes of fame and were done.  That Ben was the true genius behind such hits as Bring Me To Life and Going Under, and that Amy Lee was nothing but the attractive face used to front the band for commercial reasons.  Now, 3 years later, Amy Lee has returned with bandmates Terry Balsamo, John LeCompt, Rocky Gray and Tim McCord to prove just how wrong they were.
The truth is, if it wasn't for Ben Moody it seems that the band's debut - Fallen - would have been a much stronger album... Ben took the arrangements and changed them around to make them more commercial sounding.  Now, without him to hold them back, Amy and the band are in their element.
Opening with Sweet Sacrifice, the album gets off to a rocking start that is carried on through the next two tracks, Call Me When You're Sober (the first single, proving that they can still do straightforward commercial when they want to) and Weight Of The World.  Lithium is the first balladic song on the record, but the first song to really push that epic scope into the forefront is Cloud Nine.  From there, there's no let-up from a mixture of piano, metal riffs, orchestral and choral arrangements and DJ Lethal's expert programming.  On that subject, I just have to say that DJ Lethal is probably a genius in his field.  That is absolutely the best programming I've ever heard in a record outside of Nine Inch Nails - it's just a shame that he's in Limp Bizkit.
The ultimate combination of these elements is Lacrymosa, which is based upon the violin motif in Mozart's Requiem and includes probably some of the album's strongest songwriting.
The album ends with Good Enough, a sensitive ballad reminiscent of Fallen's My Immortal, but with a much more positive vibe in the lyrics.
Altogether, The Open Door is a sublime set of songs that prove that Amy Lee really is the talent behind the band, and - although still commercial - the step-away from pop-metal the band had become known for should provide a huge 'fuck you' to the sexist comments about her just being a pretty face.  The door has truly been opened for Evanescence to do even greater things now.

Best songs - Snow White Queen, Lacrymosa, Lose Control.
anythinggoes
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2006, 10:08:10 AM »

When guitarist Ben Moody mysteriously disappeared from his hotel room in the middle of an Evanescence european tour - only to reappear some weeks later as a professional songwriter for the likes of Avril Lavigne and Anastacia - many assumed the worst.? They thought that Evanescence had had their 15 minutes of fame and were done.? That Ben was the true genius behind such hits as Bring Me To Life and Going Under, and that Amy Lee was nothing but the attractive face used to front the band for commercial reasons.? Now, 3 years later, Amy Lee has returned with bandmates Terry Balsamo, John LeCompt, Rocky Gray and Tim McCord to prove just how wrong they were.
The truth is, if it wasn't for Ben Moody it seems that the band's debut - Fallen - would have been a much stronger album... Ben took the arrangements and changed them around to make them more commercial sounding.? Now, without him to hold them back, Amy and the band are in their element.
Opening with Sweet Sacrifice, the album gets off to a rocking start that is carried on through the next two tracks, Call Me When You're Sober (the first single, proving that they can still do straightforward commercial when they want to) and Weight Of The World.? Lithium is the first balladic song on the record, but the first song to really push that epic scope into the forefront is Cloud Nine.? From there, there's no let-up from a mixture of piano, metal riffs, orchestral and choral arrangements and DJ Lethal's expert programming.? On that subject, I just have to say that DJ Lethal is probably a genius in his field.? That is absolutely the best programming I've ever heard in a record outside of Nine Inch Nails - it's just a shame that he's in Limp Bizkit.
The ultimate combination of these elements is Lacrymosa, which is based upon the violin motif in Mozart's Requiem and includes probably some of the album's strongest songwriting.
The album ends with Good Enough, a sensitive ballad reminiscent of Fallen's My Immortal, but with a much more positive vibe in the lyrics.
Altogether, The Open Door is a sublime set of songs that prove that Amy Lee really is the talent behind the band, and - although still commercial - the step-away from pop-metal the band had become known for should provide a huge 'fuck you' to the sexist comments about her just being a pretty face.? The door has truly been opened for Evanescence to do even greater things now.

Best songs - Snow White Queen, Lacrymosa, Lose Control.

In Hmv Uk ?8 i had to but it just for her voice pretty cool album but listening at work so need to crank it up later
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2006, 03:27:08 AM »

I like them but if u worry bout what others think u need to find a set of balls! ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2006, 03:58:31 AM »

thats wrong... that is not only wrong it is a SIN.  you shall never post on this board again!

modern rock is crap, dont shift to the right i say , shift to the left. 

mdttkk's scale of music

left= past      right= present (or crap)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: