Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:18:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  November 17 - Ottawa, ON @ Scotiabank Place
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 17 - Ottawa, ON @ Scotiabank Place  (Read 84884 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2006, 04:13:57 AM »

I wonder if this show is gonna open up some sections. If you compare the GNR layout to Dixie chicks, the chicks have more of the 300 level available. while GNR has the back section of it blacked out... but since this show is almost full, why not release more seats from these backed out sections?

LOL, compare it to the Elton John seating chart....  If GN'R sells all the available 300 level tickets than maybe they will open more sections.

Actually, come to think of it, I might just get shitty seats and watch the Elton John concert.
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2006, 04:41:52 PM »

Actually, come to think of it, I might just get shitty seats and watch the Elton John concert.

The off topic bit first.. My mum saw Elton live in the 70's and 80's and then again a few years ago.. she said the "new " elton show is a waste because the fun of the earlier shows has been lost.

Back on topic:

Any more thoughts on a pre show get together?

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2006, 04:20:38 AM »

The off topic bit first.. My mum saw Elton live in the 70's and 80's and then again a few years ago.. she said the "new " elton show is a waste because the fun of the earlier shows has been lost.

Back on topic:

Any more thoughts on a pre show get together?

Yeah, it will still cost a hefty $60-$80 to see Elton from the worst seats in the house... I'm not sure whether or not I will go, it might be worth it just to check out the beer prices before the GN'R show.  Grin
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2006, 12:32:01 PM »

We are edging ever closer to the date and still no definite plans for a pre show drink. I guess this means no-one wants one.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2006, 02:19:50 PM »

I wonder if this show is gonna open up some sections. If you compare the GNR layout to Dixie chicks, the chicks have more of the 300 level available. while GNR has the back section of it blacked out... but since this show is almost full, why not release more seats from these backed out sections?

LOL, compare it to the Elton John seating chart....  If GN'R sells all the available 300 level tickets than maybe they will open more sections.

Well the available 300 section tickets are almost gone. The show is almost sold out under the current arena configuration. So they might want to consider this, since a lot of people buy seats the day of a show (if it's not sold out).
BFD
Headliner

Do you know where you are???

« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2006, 01:54:29 PM »

We are edging ever closer to the date and still no definite plans for a pre show drink. I guess this means no-one wants one.

Damn.  I do.

"And I'll leave you lying on the bed.  With your ass in the air."
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2006, 04:44:24 PM »

Damn.? I do.

OK, well as I said it's getting closer and we need to decide a where if any of us are getting together. I'm all for somewhere in Kanata since thats closer to the arena than anywhere else.

Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2006, 10:01:55 PM »

I'll be attending too. 

beer

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
crimson_joel
Headliner

Canada Loves GNR

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2006, 02:31:40 PM »

Does anybody know how much the bus from the city to the arena is and how much would a cab be?

/jarmo

There is a shuttle that goes from the Montreal airport to the Montreal Bus Station, some of the buses also stop at the airport. The airport and the arena are at opposite ends of town and it would easily be a $50+ cab. However, if you are staying at a hotel downtown - you could take one of the public transportation buses to the arena.

Cheers.

School's Out + GNR + Daily Show = Priceless.
crimson_joel
Headliner

Canada Loves GNR

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2006, 02:32:55 PM »

Are there any bars or pubs around the arena?

/jarmo

There are two bars attached to the arena, it's actually the best way to get in as well to avoid lines. There are a bunch of bars at Kanata Centrum - which is about a $5 cab.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 02:36:48 PM by crimson_joel » Logged

School's Out + GNR + Daily Show = Priceless.
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2006, 08:16:27 PM »

Are there any bars or pubs around the arena?

/jarmo

There are two bars attached to the arena, it's actually the best way to get in as well to avoid lines. There are a bunch of bars at Kanata Centrum - which is about a $5 cab.

I called the Arena.. the bars won't be open before the show (if you mean the ones inside) but the Centrum is a good option especially if theres a few of us and we can split the fare Smiley

Mr.Twister
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2006, 09:42:26 PM »

I am going too  Smiley
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2006, 12:53:44 PM »

OK so the Suicide Girls are gonna be the other openers in Ottawa.. This should be interesting.. Titties before GnR

Tour dates show 17th Nov w/GnR (at the bottom of following link)

http://suicidegirls.com/live/ <----- LINK ISN'T SAFE FOR WORK

citylights
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2006, 04:23:25 AM »

Hey Guys -

I am going to the show and I work in a pub not that far from Scotia Bank Place called the Cock N' Bull.  It is in the community over from Kanata and myself and some friends will be leaving from there.  Feel free to mapquest it - 3791 Richmond Road, Ottawa Ontario to the arean.  We have like 20 drafts on tap and a ton of scotches.

Hope to meet some of you there!

Woody
Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2006, 01:00:24 PM »

OK so the Suicide Girls are gonna be the other openers in Ottawa.. This should be interesting.. Titties before GnR

Tour dates show 17th Nov w/GnR (at the bottom of following link)

http://suicidegirls.com/live/ <----- LINK ISN'T SAFE FOR WORK

haha, this should be a really interesting opening act, Axl must have caught on to the whole crowd tittie show anyway, so why not just put the show on stage  hihi

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2006, 07:15:15 PM »

Are there any 400 range buses running from that pub?

citylights
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2006, 02:59:50 AM »

There are no buses schedualed for that night however, there are always busses for the hockey games.  One could possibly be arranged - Just not sure what you mean by 400 range buses.

Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2006, 06:18:30 AM »

400 range = buses numbered 400+ that run to the arena

and according to OCtranspo on thier website, there are buses (I thought to check after I asked.)

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2006, 10:12:20 AM »

Hmmm... I'm having trouble figuring out how the schedules work for the 400 buses, I was curious how frequent they would be running out to the arena. 

I'm assuming OCtranspo will have buses ready on the way out... no matter what time the gig finishes...
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2006, 11:36:27 AM »

Not sure about how long between each one.. but I know they run from Terry Fox station.. I used the travel planner for that date last night from the Cock n Bull

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: