Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:15:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  November 17 - Ottawa, ON @ Scotiabank Place
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: November 17 - Ottawa, ON @ Scotiabank Place  (Read 84667 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 01:56:29 PM »

Does anybody know how much the bus from the city to the arena is and how much would a cab be?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BFD
Headliner

Do you know where you are???

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2006, 04:21:47 PM »

Not sure about the bus, but if you're coming from the Ottawa Airport it's about 30km to the arena so you'd probably looking at a $50 cab ride.  I'm from Hamilton, so maybe someone actually from Ottawa can help Jarmo out.

"And I'll leave you lying on the bed.  With your ass in the air."
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2006, 04:36:35 PM »

Does anybody know how much the bus from the city to the arena is and how much would a cab be?

/jarmo

Bus is less than $3 Canadian and a transfer lasts 1hr 35 mins (to get on connecting buses). From downtown it'll take you maybe an hr/hr and a half to get there (the arena is in a fucked up place, outside Ottawa proper and in Kanata)

Cab will cost you a good bit and I would think more than $50. BTW, DO NOT GET A CAB FROM THE ARENA AFTER THE SHOW (if you are the one paying).. the reason for this is because the place will be packed and will take a while to get out... I live in Kanata and I wouldn't do that.. There are buses running special for the show (as well for other shows at the arena), so I'll be getting on the bus to take me to the Centrum or Eagleson and calling a cab from there.

So are you going Jarmo?

EDIT: I'm in work, sitting next to me is a guy who works part time as a cab driver.. he said that from the airport it would be around $50. TBH tho, bus would be a good bit cheaper and the buses is ottawa arren't too bad and are comfortable.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 04:45:33 PM by Scree77 » Logged

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2006, 06:53:22 PM »

So are you going Jarmo?

That's the plan.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2006, 08:07:19 PM »

Cool.. got time for a pre show drink? As I mentioned earlier there's a few bars in Kanata closer than from the city.

Oh and BTW, I had to get a cab home partway from work, I asked the driver and he said from downtown would copst $50 and the airport over $60

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2006, 05:28:43 PM »

Definately don't take a cab from downtown to the arena, the buses run frequently and are fairly easy to use... Scree77 mentioned that the buses are less than $3, but that is only if you buy tickets in advance (you can get them from Mac's or Loeb grocery stores)... otherwise it is a full $3.

Here's the map of the transit system, the Airport is the farthest south of all stations and the Corel Centre is far into the west end.  You can see the routes for all the 400 buses that will run out there.  If you are staying downtown or catching a bus from dowtown you will probably take the 403.  It looks like there is a stop at the Rideau Centre (it is near Mackenzie King & the Parliament building, close to the river & canal on the map).  I live downtown and know the area & the bus system if you have any problems with it.

It looks like a few floor GA seats opened up... a pair of $85 tickets will show up on Capital Tickets... I wonder if I can get rid of my seats somehow and scoop those up.   Undecided
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2006, 02:18:21 PM »

More floors just got released for this show (well actually a day or two ago but not sure if anyone noticed).
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2006, 03:03:44 PM »

I'm gonna try to make this show.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2006, 07:11:31 PM »

Are there any bars or pubs around the arena?

/jarmo

Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2006, 08:23:12 AM »

Not sure.. the arena isn't "in" the city in the traditional sense of the word and I've been there only a few times.  I'll check later if no-one else has, I'm getting ready for work atm.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 08:25:02 AM by Scree77 » Logged

Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2006, 05:21:53 PM »

/jarmo

IF the arena is open there are pubs and restaurants there, but I'm not sure if they will be open, I've only gone to a few Sens games before and they are obviously open for them, not sure about concerts though, hopefully they are, if not the arena is outside the city so there aren't many choices...

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2006, 06:59:17 PM »

/jarmo

IF the arena is open there are pubs and restaurants there, but I'm not sure if they will be open, I've only gone to a few Sens games before and they are obviously open for them, not sure about concerts though, hopefully they are, if not the arena is outside the city so there aren't many choices...

Wasn't gonna mention those, since they cost an arm and a fucking leg. If ya wanna get ripped off over shitty watered down beer, sure, go for it. (that was my impression of it at any rate)

BFD
Headliner

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2006, 10:55:25 PM »

Yeah, from what I've heard the only place to go is in the arena, and it'll be absolutely rammed and ridiculously expensive, since there is nothing around there.  The arena was basically built in the middle of nowhere.

Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2006, 05:09:18 PM »

/jarmo

Wasn't gonna mention those, since they cost an arm and a fucking leg. If ya wanna get ripped off over shitty watered down beer, sure, go for it. (that was my impression of it at any rate)

true, but there are not many other choices...
might just go in have a beer and just watch the tv's they have in there

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2006, 10:18:08 PM »

ok, just checked the site for info on hours and shit for the restaurants and looks like there will only be 1 or 2 open for cencert events, and if they are open the hours start at 5pm...

http://www.scotiabankplace.com/guest/restaurants.aro

if anyone else can think of a place to go please post to inform the rest of us Smiley

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2006, 01:43:53 PM »

Hey all,

This is stop number 2 for me, as Toronto and Quebec City are also shows I have tickets for.  Myself and three friends have tickets in the 100s (we want to drink during the show and supposedly floor tickets prohibit alcohol consumption while on the floor).  I see there's yet to be a concensus for a pre-party.  The hard rock seems like a good choice if most people are taking buses to the even from downtown.  Just under a month away.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2006, 01:56:29 PM »

I asked around at work, most people I spoke to who have got together with other fans (of other bands) said they went to the Kanata Centrum (a good bit closer than downtown) for drinks and that there are 400 range buses running to and from the Arena. As for the Hard Rock, thats too expensive.

BFD
Headliner

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2006, 07:27:33 PM »

I'd like to figure something out as well pre-show.  Inside the arena doesn't sound like the best option.

Briggsy
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2006, 10:07:44 PM »

Kanata sounds like it could prolly work, and actually it's prolly the closest place to the arena for a pre-show party, the only places near the arena are fast food joints...

G&R
11.27.02 - Albany
05.14.06 - NYC
05.15.06 - NYC
11.17.06 - Ottawa
01.31.10 - Ottawa
11.23.11 - Albany
08.21.17 - Ottawa
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2006, 03:01:56 PM »

I wonder if this show is gonna open up some sections. If you compare the GNR layout to Dixie chicks, the chicks have more of the 300 level available. while GNR has the back section of it blacked out... but since this show is almost full, why not release more seats from these backed out sections?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: