Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:15:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who should open for GN'R on the North American tour?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who should open for GN'R on the North American tour?  (Read 40817 times)
Brody
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2006, 08:10:23 PM »

Nickelback. This is a good band. Check the song called "Animal", it's a great Rock song.

Nickelback wouldnt open for gnr.. They have made how albums and completed tours.. there past the opening act part..
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2006, 09:37:02 PM »

How about Buckethead. Then he could come out and play the new songs with the boys and Footie could play all the Slash era tunes.
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2006, 09:44:48 PM »

Supernova.....the show(Rockstar) will be a hit and may help with bringing positive attention to GNR when they tour. It helped INXs.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2006, 09:47:12 PM »

I still say the Red Hot Chili Peppers would be a dream tour with Gn'R..but if people aren't cool with a second huge band sharing the bill with Gn'R, then Shinedown would be a fuckin' wicked opening act for Axl and the guys to maybe think about...

They've only got 2 albums under their belts so their not extremely well known, or established, but they are easily one of the most talented rock bands out there at the moment and would give us at least something good to listen to before Gn'R, instead of Bullet for my Valentine.

I gotta agree there, I have both shinedown albums and personally I love em, last yr I said Avenged Sevenfold would open for GNR, back when.,,,,, hah doesnt matter, but I was right probably to certain peoples dismay, but I do like thier lastest album and was into it when I got it, and had read so much about how shadows and the band love GNR, and I def hear the influence, I wish it was them instead of BFMV at hammerstein. BUt since there is another goa round, I rather see Baz'sband and , Shinedown would def be cool!

of topic saw the vid for Avenged Sevenfold . Seize the day , gota say I really like it. HEll I wouldn t mind if the continue on through the fall. , BUt ultimately I really just care about seeing GNR. And anticipate CD more and more!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2006, 10:32:31 PM »

Supernova.....the show(Rockstar) will be a hit and may help with bringing positive attention to GNR when they tour. It helped INXs.

that would be funny

after tonight's show... I must say that Supernova has no future with ANY of these singers
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2006, 11:29:06 AM »

that would be funny

after tonight's show... I must say that Supernova has no future with ANY of these singers

yeah i decided to watch the show to check out what gilby was up too.. what a horrible show. i dont think Supernova will last with any of those singers either.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2006, 06:36:45 PM »

I was thinking of two coheadliners who would be awesome, but it would never happen. Still I can dream.

1. Elton John-  It would never happen, but can you imagine how awesome that night would be. Sure the audience would be completely different and their sets would be out of htis world, but that would be probably the most entertaining and publicized show of the year.  Tickets would be like 200$ a pop though or something which would suck.

2.  Cat Steven (Yusuf Islam)-  It would never happen, but if it did I again wouldnt care about the price.  They could call the tour something that played on the fact that they are the two most reclusive musicians and both are deemed crazy. 

Neither will happen, I dont think they will co headline, but I bet if they do itll be with a group or person nothing like GNR, like a rap group (axl does like 50 cent).  Opener will probably some trash like Mix Master Mike, (before someone comments on how sweet he is, i only use the word "trash" to mean a dj who 95% of rock fans have never heard of), it doesnt really matter anyways who opens, everyones going to be there to see GNR and unless the opening band is something pretty big, like an A7x or a band that could be headlining a smaller tour, the opener will just get booed (which btw is stupid, cause even with a full set by the opener Axl still wont take the stage for 2 hours).
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2006, 06:40:36 PM »

I think Hinder and shinedown would be a good opening
pebbles
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2006, 07:39:49 PM »

too bad nickelback wouldnt, my first thought but they have made their mark and dont have to open
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2006, 11:14:43 PM »

too bad nickelback wouldnt, my first thought but they have made their mark and dont have to open

Why would anyone want Nickelback to be the opener.  They wrote an album and released that same album 3 other times.  They just changed the names of the albums and names of the songs.  It all sounds the same.  I am a Canadian but I still say they suck even though Nickelback is a Canadian band.  I liked they're first album.  Not the best in the world but it was ok.  After that it was just the same songs with different words.  Amongst the Canadian bands that are too popular to open for GNR like Nickelback is I would much prefer The Tragically Hip for example.   
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2006, 11:34:58 PM »

Nickelback is fucking awful. Chad Kroeger is such a knob. Ever seen that interview on much music where he's saying you can't say Nickelback suck because they've sold 8 million albums? That guy deserves to get his ass kicked. Axl should be getting drunk and fighting ass clowns like Kroeger, not letting them open for Guns N' Fucking Roses. I would love to see GnR tour with Oasis. Liam and Axl getting drunk as fuck and getting in fights would rock.
Outtagetme
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2006, 11:58:05 PM »

Axl put it right under our nose at Hammerstein. 

GUNS N' ROSES
KID ROCK
with special guest Sebastian Bach Band

ticket prices:  $65.00/ $95.00

This would be the tour of the year by far.  Kid Rock has a huge audience who turn out in big numbers to see him play.  In Detroit, New York, and Los Angeles, they could play football stadiums.  I think they could sell out 14,000 - 18,000 seat arenas everywhere else. 
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2006, 12:48:40 AM »

Nickelback is fucking awful. Chad Kroeger is such a knob. Ever seen that interview on much music where he's saying you can't say Nickelback suck because they've sold 8 million albums? That guy deserves to get his ass kicked. Axl should be getting drunk and fighting ass clowns like Kroeger, not letting them open for Guns N' Fucking Roses. I would love to see GnR tour with Oasis. Liam and Axl getting drunk as fuck and getting in fights would rock.

Yeah talk to anyone with music talent after seeing them play live and then say Nickleback sucks. I am not even a fan but they can play and they show respect to those who have died. (I.E DIME) and thats fucking damn cool in my book.

Oasis? Its a US tour.. No one gives a fuck about them here. If England, then yeah.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2006, 01:04:13 AM »

Axl put it right under our nose at Hammerstein.?

GUNS N' ROSES
KID ROCK
with special guest Sebastian Bach Band

ticket prices:? $65.00/ $95.00

This would be the tour of the year by far.? Kid Rock has a huge audience who turn out in big numbers to see him play.? In Detroit, New York, and Los Angeles, they could play football stadiums.? I think they could sell out 14,000 - 18,000 seat arenas everywhere else.?

I have to agree with this, he isn't buddying up with these guys for no reason and something will probably happen with them regarding the US tour and I think that would be fantastic because Kid Rock would def be able to help sell out shows on a bill with GNR.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2006, 01:19:14 AM »

Nickelback fucking suck, but i'm quite confident that Axl would never let a pole smoker like Chad Kroeger open for him.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2006, 01:25:46 AM »

Nickelback fucking suck, but i'm quite confident that Axl would never let a pole smoker like Chad Kroeger open for him.

Expected nothing less out of you.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2006, 01:33:30 AM »

I can't believe Nickelback has even been suggested on this board as an opening act. Maybe being that I am from Canada, I hate Nickelback even more then everyone else on here. To me Nickelback represents everything that is shitty about modern rock. If you like your rock with it's balls cut off then I guess Nickelback is the band for you.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2006, 01:36:33 AM »

I can't believe Nickelback has even been suggested on this board as an opening act. Maybe being that I am from Canada I hate Nickelback even more then the Americans on here. To me Nickelback represents everything that is shitty about modern rock. If you like your rock with it's balls cut off then I guess Nickelback is the band for you.

Yeah. Everyone knows they are cookie cutter song writers. But I don't put down talent. Ive been told by some very credible people that their live shows are pretty damn good.

As an opener for GNR? Doubt it. But they don't suck.. They are mainstream rock.. Its expected out of them.

And there were far worse mentioned as openers.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2006, 01:39:12 AM »

I thought I would never say something like this... but a Guns N Roses, Kid Rock, Sebastion tour would be a brilliant idea.

I don't like Kid Rock, but he'll pull in 8,000 off his name alone, and they'll be open to Gnr as well.
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2006, 01:46:14 AM »

Seether, Three Days Grace, Alterbridge, ?(promoting hometown pride) Goo Goo Dolls, ?Our Lady Peace, - its pretty hard thinking of decent openers.

I'd like it ?if they'd let a gnr cover band go out and do the songs they won't do in their set... like Civil War, Don't Cry, back off bitch, double talkin jive. That way it's a full day of GnR tunes.

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: