Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 03:14:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228037 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  MrVics at mygnr HAS heard studio versions of...
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MrVics at mygnr HAS heard studio versions of...  (Read 100165 times)
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #840 on: September 27, 2006, 02:42:25 PM »

cool, ill definetly be paying attention.? Man, people at cd.com are dickheads.

Some of them are....most are cool though

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Lukin
Headliner

Veganism is nice.

« Reply #841 on: September 27, 2006, 02:44:16 PM »

The .mp3-version of mrvics phonecall:

http://s9.quicksharing.com/v/5991572/Mrvics_Calls_Geffen_Records_to_find_out_more_about_the_new_Guns_.mp3.html

"Why don't we plant a mechanic virus and erase the memory of the machines that maintain this capitalist dynasty?"
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #842 on: September 27, 2006, 02:47:22 PM »

This has got to go down as one of the all time legendary threads on this board  ok

Here today...ready to rock
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #843 on: September 27, 2006, 02:51:57 PM »

Cheers for that link!

Did RR call them again?
Brody
« Reply #844 on: September 27, 2006, 03:05:57 PM »

I say we all call and flood there offices with requests on what they were playing!!  rofl rofl rofl
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #845 on: September 27, 2006, 03:09:18 PM »

yeah,people from all over the world wants to know what they played that day hihi

shit happens when you party naked
Ineverlearn000022
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #846 on: September 27, 2006, 03:30:28 PM »

That's awesome.  Thanks for the link. 

Wake up....Time to die!!!!!!!!!
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #847 on: September 27, 2006, 03:44:03 PM »

Well I've made another interesting phone call.

I'll post details when I have time. Suffice to say it was a bit more successful than last night.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #848 on: September 27, 2006, 03:45:49 PM »

Well I've made another interesting phone call.

I'll post details when I have time. Suffice to say it was a bit more successful than last night.

ASAP man
EFISH
« Reply #849 on: September 27, 2006, 03:48:03 PM »

please post it!
andypa1
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #850 on: September 27, 2006, 03:49:08 PM »

Mr vics you have made history. You are the first unofficial person to hear a studio version.

Thank you so much for being in the right place at the right time! what should i search for on youtube?to hear the best quality i only heard the very first blues clip you posted

novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #851 on: September 27, 2006, 03:53:01 PM »

sorry i havent checked all the pages but has anyone contacted mtv t osee if the yhad any comment on wheter they heard chinese democracy tracks or not?

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
EFISH
« Reply #852 on: September 27, 2006, 03:54:01 PM »

sorry i havent checked all the pages but has anyone contacted mtv t osee if the yhad any comment on wheter they heard chinese democracy tracks or not?

oh they didnt answer yesterday, RR tried. RR where are you!?!? we need you!!
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #853 on: September 27, 2006, 04:05:36 PM »

o ok thanks efish

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #854 on: September 27, 2006, 04:09:30 PM »

Get on that shit RR........Sounds like you developed a better plan this time... ok

dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #855 on: September 27, 2006, 04:20:45 PM »

lol, coming in just in time for another round.. hehe can't wait to read what RR said this time hihi

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #856 on: September 27, 2006, 04:52:04 PM »

RR?....VICS?......Axl?........anyone?.....what's the word RR?

HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #857 on: September 27, 2006, 04:55:30 PM »

RR?....VICS?......Axl?........anyone?.....what's the word RR?

Okay, so I called back Geffen today and got the front desk (I'm assuming). Different woman than yesterday, not the gay guy either. This guy sounded like he might have been Spanish/Puerto Rican. Doesn't matter, but just in case someone else calls and gets him.  hihi

He asked what I could do for him, and this is BASICALLY how the conversation went:

"Yes, I need to be forwarded to the Interscope Division please."

"What is this pertaining to, sir?"

"What is what pertaining to?"

"This telephone call."

Then I said, "Are you trying to impress me?"

He had no idea what I was talking about and was like, "Huh?"

I said, "Don't say 'huh' to me, soldier."

There was a long pause, then he's like, "I... [huge pause] what can I help you with?"

I said, "Please forward me to the Interscope Divison, preferably to speak with someone in charge of recording."

He said, "I can't do that for..." then he stopped and said, "I mean, without authorization I am not...I can't forward any calls to any... can I have your name?"

Then I said, "My name is Chris Pitman."

I can't recall exactly what he said next but it was something like, "I can't forward your call, Mr. Pitman, unless you provide more information."

I let out a long sigh, then said, "You son of a bitch."

He was really taken aback and said, "I'm sorry?"

And then I said, "You think I lost my best friend Timmy in Vietnam for some smarmy little punk like you to push me around? Let me ask you something. Do you think I enjoyed the 60 days I spent in a Viet Cong prison camp with half my left testicle in a bandage while some pig tried to rape me every Friday?"

And then he started trying to insult me, it was funny. He said he didn't appreciate my tone and that if I wanted to be treated with respect I had to treat him with respect too. Then he implied that he didn't believe I was a VIetnam veteran and I said, "What's that?" And he said, "I don't really understand what Vietnam has to do with anything, sir."

Then I said, "ARE YOU CRAZY?! VIETNAM HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH EVERYTHING!" (Except I didn't yell it very loud because I'm a bad actor, I just did it in a pissy voice.) Then I said something like, "It would have been real damn easy for me to tell that to Little Roger when he was in the V-Z Platoon, Eastern Region and got shot in the balls, wouldn't it?! 'Hey Little Roger, don't worry, Vietnam doesn't matter."

Then he said, "I didn't say it doesn't matter, I said it has nothing to do with your telephone call and frankly I find your attitude confrontational." (Or something like that.)

I said, "What's your name?!" and he said "That's really none of your concern," and I then said "Yes it is, because when I speak to your manager on duty I'm going to tell him what I think of you."

Then he grunted something away from the phone and I got put on hold.  rofl

After like five minutes of waiting some one picked up and it was another receptionist!  rofl I honestly don't remember what I said when she first answered but I started ranting about Vietnam again and mentioned masturbatory blindness and she had no idea what I was talking about, so I said "I need to speak with someone in charge of Interscope Records' security, I'm very concerned about the safety regarding one of the albums under that label."

She asked me what I was referencing and I said I had received a complaint from an individual who had connection with Geffen (that would be MrVic  rofl) that unreleased music was being played for everyone to hear, and that my client was very upset and I wished to file a complaint. She said she would redirect me to public relations or something for a complaint and I said no, I wanted to speak to Interscope and she put me on hold.

About thirty seconds after or so (seemed longer) some gruff guy picked up and said his name was Tom, he asked me what the problem was and why I was threatening the receptionists, and I explained a similar story about album safety blah blah blah.

After I was done he said, "What's your name, sir?"

I said, "Christopher T. Pitman, First Lieutenant of the US Marines." (I have no idea if that is even a real title.)

He said, "Mr. Pitman, which band do you represent?"

I said, "What's it matter to you?"

And he said, "Did you or did you not wish to file a complaint?"

I said, "Yes."

Then he was like, "I need to know what you're talking about before I can do that, sir."

I said, "Just tell me one thing, Tom. Did your company blare loud music over the balcony two days ago in the afternoon?"

He said, "It's possible, we play a good amount of music through the balcony."

I said, "This would specifically be Guns N' Roses."

He paused, chuckled, then said, "Okay. Yes. It's possible. I'm not really allowed to say. " Then he changed subject and said, "Mr. Pitman, did you say you represent Guns N' Roses?"

I said, "Stop trying to change the subject. I'm very upset that you would do this. Do you have any idea what kind of security precautions you have violated?"

He told me not to tell him about how to do his job and got an attitude. I said "MTV was there to preview my client's album, that doesn't mean you have a right to let everyone across the damn street hear it."

He told me, "Look, I don't know who you are or what you're trying to pull, but my records do not indiate anyone named Chris Pitman has any control in the Guns N' Roses group or its management. If you cannot clarify this situation I'm going to have to hang up."

So he hung up after I swore at him.  no
EFISH
« Reply #858 on: September 27, 2006, 05:00:51 PM »

OK that was the most I've ever laughed reading something on the internet. I sware to god that was probably the funnies thting ever. i wish u recorded it!! "sorry sir, my records state nobody with the name Chris Pitman has anything to do with Guns N Roses"

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #859 on: September 27, 2006, 05:01:48 PM »

"sorry sir, my records state nobody with the name Chris Pitman has anything to do with Guns N Roses"

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

I thought that was funny too, but I think he was looking for manager info, not bandmember information.

He totally didn't pick up on the whole Pitman thing, though.  hihi

I would have recorded but as I said yesterday, I have to call with my cell and it is very, very hard to have a microphone there with the way my Razor is, it doesn't work with my mic and blocks the earpiece.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: