Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:44:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  October 29 - San Juan, Puerto Rico @ Jose Miguel Agrelot Coliseum
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: October 29 - San Juan, Puerto Rico @ Jose Miguel Agrelot Coliseum  (Read 7576 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: September 29, 2006, 03:20:56 AM »

Board members attending: monobum

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Better, Robin Fink Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Band Introductions, Richard Guitar Solo, Richard & Robin Guitar Duet (Beautiful), Out Ta Get Me, Piano Jam, November Rain, Ron Guitar Solo (Don't Cry), My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Used To Love Her, IRS, Patience, Nightrain

Encores: Madagascar, Paradise City
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 07:26:17 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
monobum
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 09:44:49 AM »

I'm going to this show, me and my buddies got our tickets on saturday. This is the 1st time GNR is coming to Puerto Rico and it's about time. I saw GNR in 1992 on the GNR / Metallica Tour in Orlando Florida. Cant wait for this day. I'll let you know how the show went.  beer Cheers!
monobum
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 01:04:37 PM »

Hi Y'all,   

I have an extra ticket that my good buddy needs to sell for San Juan, P.R. 10/29/06

The cost of the ticket is $133.00 (includes al the procesing fees of the ticket outlet) There is no price scalping the cost is for face value not a dollar more or a dollar less.

TICKET INFO: SEC 101, ROW E, SEAT 8 -

If any of you die hard fans is intrested & want to come down to P.R. & rock with a bunch of crazy Puerto Ricans, PM me to do this transaction. If anyone might feel hesitant to purchase a ticket via a messageboard dont worry I would feel the same way, but I'm 100 percent legit and you will not get ripped of.

If you go to ticketpop.com you will see that all the good seats are gone & you will be able to look at the seating chart and locate the seat I'm selling. First come first serve.

Thanks
monobum

Mr. Madagascar
Headliner

"Hope to see you soon boys and girls", Axl Rio 01-15-01

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 06:15:21 PM »

It was my plan to go to that show, but i got some buisness in my way Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

08/19/91 Copenhagen, Denmark
06/08/93 Gentofte Stadion, Denmark
08/24/02 Pukkelpop,Belgium
08/26/02 London Arena,England
05/12-14-15-17/06 Hammerstein, New York
06/29/06 Roskilde Festival, Denmark
monobum
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 07:33:57 PM »

I went to the show in Puerto Rico. Full review with info and fotos later tonight, Have not had a chance of quality time  online since I have been a slave to the grind with work. At the moment and at work. Stay tuned... later tonight.  peace
Javy_85
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 08:37:27 PM »

Hi all, just to let you guys know that Rocket Queen was also played at this show, as it is not listed in the setlists you guys posted.
It was a damn fine performance, it would be a shame that the show be remembered as one where they did not play this song.

All the best.
Javier
monobum
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 12:04:32 AM »

Ok, people this is want went down at the Choliseo this past Sunday night 10/29/06.  GNR Conquered Puerto Rico at their 1st ever performce on the Island, my 2nd time seeing them with FNM / Metallica  @ the Citruss Bowl in Orlando,Fla. 1992.  Got to ther door with my girl and an old friend around 7:00pm and security was TIGHT as Fuck, only problem with that is if you intend to pass some sort of a A/V recording device, which I intended to do?(collectors don?t get your hopes up) my friends audio recorder did not make it in the venue, but I got my small digital camera that records decent video in?(again collectors , don?t get your hopes up).

Bach was up first,  his 3rd visit to P.R. the mother trucker always delivers!, saw him with the Skids in 89 with B. Jovi wich he mentioned from the stage.  Did some Skid Row classics plus a couple of his solo songs such as American Metal Head. I had a felling  their was going to be a long wait for GNR when Baz said?I?ve JUST BEEN TOLD WE CAN PLAY A COUPLE OF MORE SONGS! ?then he tells the band WHAT YOU GUYS DON?T KNOW ANY OTHER SONGS? Which most of the extra time was filled  by drums & guitar solos. Great set & Great Pipes.

Next up:  Papa Roach: Intense, they sounded so tight plus great sound! The lead singer went into the seats to sing. Totally Crazy! People were going off all around and security had their hands full. But won of the Highlights of the whole night came from the Roaches when they sang their radio hit ?Scars? in Spanish! And Good Spanish! and the Arena went INSANE! He did not sound like a tourist in Old San Juan. Also ?Last Resort? set the place on fire wich is such a great song that I had not listened to in a while. All I can say is they won over all the crazy Puerto Ricans, including myself.  I?ll be checking out the CD.

The wait? Not really maybe around 50 minutes, better than 2 hours.

11:30 - Lights Out, and Guns N Roses Hit the stage,  the 10,000 + people in attendence went BEZERK and the hairs on my arm stood up as they went thru Jungle, It?s so Easy, Mr. Brownstone.  Axl?s voice sounded great, but at times it seemed it would get a little lower  and then boost up. Don?t know if it was a tech problem or what. Nothing major plus Axl Roses persona more than makes up for  a glitch. This GNR 2.0 vers. sounds amazing, they did total justice to the classics. My Michelle w. Bach, Better, Rocket Queen, I.R.S, KOHD & P.C. were among my personal highlights. Don?t Cry was Instrumental.  Plus Axl gave a nice short little rant I taped with my camera, about people on line bitching about the set list plus mentions bootleggers, good shit I?ll be sharing with you all.

About the filming with my small digital camera was very hard because security were making people stop recording left and right
all around me plus I was told to stop twice by 2 different  security staff , which caused the very little that I was able to record is all shacky with heads in the way and too many security ducks, It?s not a memorable and fun to watch bootleg, during Sweet Child I started recording and a security goon stood in front of me without noticing I was recording and I had to hide the cam and kept recording so I can at least salvage the audio.

So the bootleg thing I tried, but I did not tape as much as I would have wanted cause it started to interfere  with my enjoyment of the show, not cause I was recording but cause of the security dicks. It pisses me off but that?s life, so I just let it go. There are a couple of clips already on youtube from  other filmers  of the Puerto Rico concert.

I had a great time overall the whole night.  Ticket $$ was worth every penny $133.25 with taxes? yes tickets in PR are always more expensive than the same show in USA: fact.

The sad thing is in P.R. the cheap seats sometimes sell out better than the higher priced tickets, cause of the tuff  economy and all that, making 1st level and arena not look so packed that night, people from the cheap seats slowly started infiltrating  higher priced seats slowly thru the night (more power to them). Still 10,000 people were reported in the newspaper review.

I got home around 2:30 am and I wanted to keep going cause GNR left me pump. This New GNR definitely has life and I hope the album comes out already, but I don?t plan on holding my breath.

This is the set list of the Puerto Rico Show:

WTTJ
It?s so Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Live and Let Die
Better
Robin Fink Solo
Sweet Child
KOHD
You Could be Mine
The Blues
Rocket Queen
Solo ? Beautiful
Out to Get Me
November Rain
Don?t Cry (Instrumental,  Bumblefoot,  crowd sang)
I.R.S
My Michelle w. Baz
Patience
Nightrain
Madagascar
Paradise City

All pictures are from fans sites in PR or press websites from PR, I take no credit for these pictures. My videos are coming later this week in the appetite for collection section (Is that the right section for the videos), they need a little editing cleaning up. I need to get some sleep now.  Hope to see GNR again in PR and hopefully soon. peace

Rock On People

P.S.
Anyone going to an upcoming show want to help me get the Shirt I wanted but they sold out my size. If you want to help me out, I will be greatly appreciated.

Puerto Rico Pictures 10/29/06

http://pulsorock.com/fotos/eventos_2006/papa_roach_guns_n_roses
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55738559@N00/sets/72157594351894659/
http://www.endi.com//XStatic/endi/template/nota.aspx?n=100838
http://www.primerahora.com/galerias/

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: