Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:53:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Representative Foley turns out to be a secret card-carrying member of NAMBLA.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Representative Foley turns out to be a secret card-carrying member of NAMBLA.  (Read 28402 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #140 on: October 06, 2006, 12:24:35 AM »

Howard Dean is a prime example of smearing and lying.

All politicians hide and lack accountability. There are alof of people who need to be gone for good. Both Republicans and Democracts. Democrats need to look in the mirror before they yell pedophile too loudly. There are alot of organizations such as previosuly mentioned by me, the ACLU & NAMBLA that run close ties and links with the Democractic party.

Please provide me with an example of a Dean smear and lie

Also provide me with an example of how Nambla is related to the Dem party.

The ties are that Democracts are in bed with the ACLUwhich is in bed with NAMBLA. How could a party associate themselves with an organization who supports NAMBA and fights for their rights to exist and exploit and put children in real danger?

Interesting. I have never heard that the Dem party are tied in with ACLU before this.............

What a cop out.

I doubt you're the only one who has never heard that....its beyond a cop out, its just downright pathetic.  its also the last time anyone shoudl bother addressing it.  Drew's lame attempts to change the subject and go off topic are just as pathetic as Drudge, Hastert and the other dogs with their tails between their legs who know that their party is in big big trouble.

Whats really funny about everyone defending hastert and the other reps who knew about this and then getting mad for anyone making a big deal about it and saying its wrong and what not is that the majority of people speaking out against foley, hastert, shimkus and the like are CONSERVATIVES THEMSELVES!!!  Read the papers dudes, the reps are brawling it out amongst themselves now.  it goes beyond this scandal too, i mean, how many reps are trying to now distance themselves from bush and the war?? a lot of them.  the party is in dissarray, its rotting from the inside out and yet somehow some of you still say things like "well the dems are just as bad" or "clinton was worse" or the other nonsense we've had to read here.  The Dems are related to NAMBLA?!?!??!  HAHAHAHAH  Are you that desperate to smear the party that has NOTHING to do with this case!??!?!

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #141 on: October 06, 2006, 12:34:45 AM »

Drew's lame attempts to change the subject and go off topic are just as pathetic as Drudge, Hastert and the other dogs with their tails between their legs who know that their party is in big big trouble.

It is walking lockstep with those (above) who wish to makes excuses, change the subject, use the Clinton defense, lie, or smear the victims of Foley's crimes. It is pathetic, but it is no different then anything this administration has done since day one. Fox news showing Foley as a Dem was probably the lowest of them all however.

Whats really funny about everyone defending hastert and the other reps who knew about this and then getting mad for anyone making a big deal about it and saying its wrong and what not is that the majority of people speaking out against foley, hastert, shimkus and the like are CONSERVATIVES THEMSELVES!!!  Read the papers dudes, the reps are brawling it out amongst themselves now.  it goes beyond this scandal too, i mean, how many reps are trying to now distance themselves from bush and the war?? a lot of them.  the party is in dissarray, its rotting from the inside out......

The party has been in a downward spiral for a while now. Iraq was the beginning of the schism, and now this. You are correct, the party is imploding. Some of the biggest critics of the Neo-Cons in power today come from the conservatives.There is going to be bodies in the aisles come November. 
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #142 on: October 06, 2006, 06:43:57 AM »

Why should I waste my time providing proof or links for you people? Everytime I do, all I get is some smart ass remark and you blow it off. Everytime! So no, I'm not wastng my time. You'll just simply ignore any proof I provide anyways.

And for some reason, I keep being labeled as a supporter for this corruption that is going on. I am not for the final time. Read it. Let it soak in. It's wrong and it's sick.

I'm not going off topic either. But post after post many contiune to say that it's only one party in disgrace. Both parties are in disgrace people. No one has a plan to ge this counrty back to where it needs to be. These politicians are all corrupt and in it for their own self interest and their power hungry egos. These parties are sinking deeper and deeper in to their shit. No one is clean. NO ONE!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
sandman
Legend

« Reply #143 on: October 06, 2006, 08:05:36 AM »

Why should I waste my time providing proof or links for you people? Everytime I do, all I get is some smart ass remark and you blow it off. Everytime! So no, I'm not wastng my time. You'll just simply ignore any proof I provide anyways.

And for some reason, I keep being labeled as a supporter for this corruption that is going on. I am not for the final time. Read it. Let it soak in. It's wrong and it's sick.

I'm not going off topic either. But post after post many contiune to say that it's only one party in disgrace. Both parties are in disgrace people. No one has a plan to ge this counrty back to where it needs to be. These politicians are all corrupt and in it for their own self interest and their power hungry egos. These parties are sinking deeper and deeper in to their shit. No one is clean. NO ONE!

drew - the people on these boards are too angry and to blinded by their partisanship to realize your point. i gave up trying long ago.

there is one game going on in washington. and they are all part of the same game. and that game is corrupt, and most of the players are dirty, nasty, phony scumbags. the only thing most of them truly stand for is what can get them votes.

there are some quality individuals. i believe ed rendell is a prime example of a good guy playing in a dirty game. so he plays it, but he's not cut throat and he maintains a level of respect. he's class. but i cannot name many others.

but people get caught up in their party and they honestly believe that the people on one side are worse than the other. and you know who wins? the politicians. they laugh at their supporters all the way to the bank. cause they have accomplished their goal.....brainwash their supporters and guarantee their vote for their party in every election.

i say fuck them. none of these scumbags will ever be guaranteed my vote.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2006, 08:37:57 AM »

but people get caught up in their party and they honestly believe that the people on one side are worse than the other. and you know who wins? the politicians. they laugh at their supporters all the way to the bank. cause they have accomplished their goal.....brainwash their supporters and guarantee their vote for their party in every election.

i say fuck them. none of these scumbags will ever be guaranteed my vote.

now that is something i can relate too, awesome post!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #145 on: October 06, 2006, 09:50:20 AM »

there is one game going on in washington. and they are all part of the same game. and that game is corrupt, and most of the players are dirty, nasty, phony scumbags. the only thing most of them truly stand for is what can get them votes.

there are some quality individuals. i believe ed rendell is a prime example of a good guy playing in a dirty game. so he plays it, but he's not cut throat and he maintains a level of respect. he's class. but i cannot name many others.

oh please, Rendell is a scum bag too.  Just ask Mario Lemieux.  Tell me which you think is better for the people...an arena almost completely funded by Isle of Capri (if they are awarded the slot liscence) OR one that asks tax payers to pay for their own civic arena?!??!?! Its a no brainer right?!?!?  NOPE.  Rumor has it Rendel wants to award the slots to someone else (someone else who is putting money in his electoral pocket I'm sure) and have tax payers pay to replace the oldest hockey arena in the NHL.   It the pens don't support Rendells PLAN B, then the team might move to Canada.  yeah, he really cares about the people.  What a joke.

And you keep saying "both parties, both parties".  The laundry list of republican offenses/lies/corruption under the current administration is staggering.  I don't think you can say the same for Clinton's.  Suddenly a blow job doesn't seem so bad now does it?

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #146 on: October 06, 2006, 10:02:32 AM »

More pages come forward......is it just a matter of time before someone admits they had sex with him?  If so, will that really blow the doors of this thing?  Like I've been saying, I think we have only just begun to dig into this story, I have an unsettling suspiscion its going to go a lot deeper:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/10/three_more_form.html

sandman
Legend

« Reply #147 on: October 06, 2006, 10:32:37 AM »

oh please, Rendell is a scum bag too.? Just ask Mario Lemieux.? Tell me which you think is better for the people...an arena almost completely funded by Isle of Capri (if they are awarded the slot liscence) OR one that asks tax payers to pay for their own civic arena?!??!?! Its a no brainer right?!?!?? NOPE.? Rumor has it Rendel wants to award the slots to someone else (someone else who is putting money in his electoral pocket I'm sure) and have tax payers pay to replace the oldest hockey arena in the NHL.? ?It the pens don't support Rendells PLAN B, then the team might move to Canada.? yeah, he really cares about the people.? What a joke.

And you keep saying "both parties, both parties".? The laundry list of republican offenses/lies/corruption under the current administration is staggering.? I don't think you can say the same for Clinton's.? Suddenly a blow job doesn't seem so bad now does it?

"RUMOR HAS IT"  rofl

"I don't think you can say the same for Clinton's"  rofl

you're kidding, right?

but it wouldn't surprise me if your "rumor" is true. and i could very well be wrong, maybe rendell is a scumbag. i certainly do not have all the facts. and if that is the case, it's a shame cause that's one less "good guy" than i thought. 

but i will say in rendell's defense, if you're in the game, you have to play it. he openly admits he struggles getting things done because of all the red tape.

my personal belief is that he hasn't moved up the ranks as a true presidential candidate cause he's not cut-throat enough.

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #148 on: October 06, 2006, 10:36:04 AM »

Who Knew Mark Foley was a Closeted Democrat?
By Ann Coulter
FrontPageMagazine.com | October 5, 2006

At least liberals are finally exhibiting a moral compass about something. I am sure that they'd be equally outraged if Rep. Mark Foley were a Democrat.
The object lesson of Foley's inappropriate e-mails to male pages is that when a Republican congressman is caught in a sex scandal, he immediately resigns and crawls off into a hole in abject embarrassment. Democrats get snippy.

Foley didn't claim he was the victim of a "witch hunt." He didn't whine that he was a put-upon "gay American." He didn't stay in Congress and haughtily rebuke his critics. He didn't run for re-election. He certainly didn't claim he was "saving the Constitution." (Although his recent discovery that he has a drinking problem has a certain Democratic ring to it.)

In 1983, Democratic Rep. Gerry Studds was found to have sexually propositioned House pages and actually buggered a 17-year-old male page whom he took on a trip to Portugal. The 46-year-old Studds indignantly attacked those who criticized him for what he called a "mutually voluntary, private relationship between adults."

When the House censured Studds for his sex romp with a male page, Studds ? not one to be shy about presenting his backside to a large group of men ? defiantly turned his back on the House during the vote. He ran for re-election and was happily returned to office five more times by liberal Democratic voters in his Martha's Vineyard district. (They really liked his campaign slogan: "It's the outfit, stupid.")

Washington Post columnist Colman McCarthy referred to Studds' affair with a teenage page as "a brief consenting homosexual relationship" and denounced Studds' detractors for engaging in a "witch hunt" against gays: "New England witch trials belong to the past, or so it is thought. This summer on Cape Cod, the reputation of Rep. Gerry Studds was burned at the stake by a large number of his constituents determined to torch the congressman for his private life."

Meanwhile, Foley is hiding in a hole someplace.

No one demanded to know why the Democratic speaker of the House, Thomas "Tip" O'Neill, took one full decade to figure out that Studds was propositioning male pages.

But now, the same Democrats who are incensed that Bush's National Security Agency was listening in on al-Qaeda phone calls are incensed that Republicans were not reading a gay congressman's instant messages.

Let's run this past the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals: The suspect sent an inappropriately friendly e-mail to a teenager ? oh also, we think he's gay. Can we spy on his instant messages? On a scale of 1 to 10, what are the odds that any court in the nation would have said: YOU BET! Put a tail on that guy ? and a credit check, too!

When Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee found unprotected e-mails from the Democrats about their plan to oppose Miguel Estrada's judicial nomination because he was Hispanic, Democrats erupted in rage that their e-mails were being read. The Republican staffer responsible was forced to resign.

But Democrats are on their high horses because Republicans in the House did not immediately wiretap Foley's phones when they found out he was engaging in e-mail chitchat with a former page about what the kid wanted for his birthday.

The Democrats say the Republicans should have done all the things Democrats won't let us do to al-Qaeda ? solely because Foley was rumored to be gay. Maybe we could get Democrats to support the NSA wiretapping program if we tell them the terrorists are gay.

On Fox News' "Hannity and Colmes" Monday night, Democrat Bob Beckel said a gay man should be kept away from male pages the same way Willie Sutton should have been kept away from banks. "If Willie Sutton is around some place where a bank is robbed," Beckel said, "then you're probably going to say, 'Willie, stay away from the robbery.'"

Hmmmm, let's search the memory bank. In July 2000, the New York Times "ethicist" Randy Cohen advised a reader that pulling her son out of the Cub Scouts because they exclude gay scoutmasters was "the ethical thing to do." The "ethicist" explained: "Just as one is honor bound to quit an organization that excludes African-Americans, so you should withdraw from scouting as long as it rejects homosexuals."

We need to get a rulebook from the Democrats:

Boy Scouts: As gay as you want to be.

Priests: No gays!

Democratic politicians: Proud gay Americans.

Republican politicians: Presumed guilty.

White House press corps: No gays, unless they hate Bush.

Active-duty U.S. military: As gay as possible.

Men who date Liza Minelli: Do I have to draw you a picture, Miss Thing?
This is the very definition of political opportunism. If Republicans had decided to spy on Foley for sending overly friendly e-mails to pages, Democrats would have been screaming about a Republican witch hunt against gays. But if they don't, they're enabling a sexual predator.

Talk to us Monday. Either we'll be furious that Republicans violated the man's civil rights, or we'll be furious that they didn't.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #149 on: October 06, 2006, 11:28:34 AM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

As soon as I saw this:

By Ann Coulter

I stopped reading. 

Maybe I'll go find Michael Moore's take on all of this and post it.  Give me a break Flagg.  Like I said, you guys are just desperate to find away to make the dems look bad in this...they have NOTHING to do with it.  Point all the fingers you want at Clinton or any other dem who IN THE PAST made mistakes or did assinine things...this is today, not yesterday.    I wanted to respect your opinion and/or take on somethings, but bringing in a Coulter editorial??   rofl rofl rofl

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #150 on: October 06, 2006, 11:36:09 AM »

oh please, Rendell is a scum bag too.  Just ask Mario Lemieux.  Tell me which you think is better for the people...an arena almost completely funded by Isle of Capri (if they are awarded the slot liscence) OR one that asks tax payers to pay for their own civic arena?!??!?! Its a no brainer right?!?!?  NOPE.  Rumor has it Rendel wants to award the slots to someone else (someone else who is putting money in his electoral pocket I'm sure) and have tax payers pay to replace the oldest hockey arena in the NHL.   It the pens don't support Rendells PLAN B, then the team might move to Canada.  yeah, he really cares about the people.  What a joke.

And you keep saying "both parties, both parties".  The laundry list of republican offenses/lies/corruption under the current administration is staggering.  I don't think you can say the same for Clinton's.  Suddenly a blow job doesn't seem so bad now does it?

"RUMOR HAS IT"  rofl

"I don't think you can say the same for Clinton's"  rofl

you're kidding, right?

but it wouldn't surprise me if your "rumor" is true. and i could very well be wrong, maybe rendell is a scumbag. i certainly do not have all the facts. and if that is the case, it's a shame cause that's one less "good guy" than i thought. 

but i will say in rendell's defense, if you're in the game, you have to play it. he openly admits he struggles getting things done because of all the red tape.

my personal belief is that he hasn't moved up the ranks as a true presidential candidate cause he's not cut-throat enough.

Here is some nice reading material about your boy Rendell:
http://post-gazette.com/pg/06279/727850-178.stm

and here is a snippet about Rendells "Plan B" for the Pens new arena:

City Councilwoman Tonya Payne, whose district includes Mellon Arena, said the Penguins are a key part of the Hill District's revitalization, and that the Isle of Capri proposal is the only way to ensure that they stay, especially given the sale to an out-of-town buyer.

"I think Plan B is absolutely ridiculous," she said. "Why should [taxpayers] pay for an arena when somebody else will do it for free? ... I don't believe [Plan B] will be strong enough" to keep the team here.

Councilman William Peduto, a likely mayoral candidate, is also an Isle of Capri supporter, and questioned whether Plan B could win legislative approval, if that is needed. "My bottom line on Plan B is, show me the money," he said.

Yeah, Rendell is a good guy.....  and lastly, here is what Mario Lemieux thinks about politicians (ie. Rendell)

"I've been disappointed a little bit, but I understand politics now," Mr. Lemieux said. "Everybody lies, and then you go along with it."

Pens ownership hasn't even spoken to anyone about Plan B b/c its such a total joke.

Ok, at least Rendell isn't IM'ing little boys, but if thats your best example, the reps are in big trouble.  Seriously, why in the world wouldn't they give the liscencee to Isle of Capri...THEY ARE GOING TO PAY FOR THE ENTIRE ARENA!!  Why as an elected official, representing the people, would you make them pay for it when someone else said they would!!!  Its just so blatantly political and slimey.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2006, 12:26:49 PM »

HH - you've basically proven my point. it's a shame you don't even realize it.   rofl

again, i'm not blinded by partisanship, and it's a shame so many are.

and it's a shame you don't read Coulter's piece. sure, she's looking to spin things the conservative way, but i suspect you don't want to read it because you know there's some nasty facts in there about the Dems. and you would rather not pay attention.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #152 on: October 06, 2006, 02:19:30 PM »

HH - you've basically proven my point. it's a shame you don't even realize it.   rofl

and it's a shame you don't read Coulter's piece. sure, she's looking to spin things the conservative way, but i suspect you don't want to read it because you know there's some nasty facts in there about the Dems. and you would rather not pay attention.

sigh, it has nothing to do with being blind....I would consider myself more of a dem then a rep, but i'm not a "lefty" or a "liberal" by any means.  I don't see how anyone can still support the current admin though...i mean, talk about being blind.  The long long long list of offenses, lies, corruption, scandals is just too much. 

I did read coulter's crap, my post was just saying how posting something from her is evidence of the blind partisanship you are talking about.  "spin things the conservative way"....dude, there is nothing objective about her piece - its "well you guys are bad too" instead of "yeah foley and the other who knew about this are scum".  Like i've said a few times now, the majority of people stirring up all the noise about this and getting the most upset are PEOPLE FROM THE RIGHT THEMSELVES!!!!  Doesn't that tell you something?  What is partisan about that!?!?  Its not just the Dems who are outraged.

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #153 on: October 06, 2006, 02:31:22 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

As soon as I saw this:

By Ann Coulter

I stopped reading.?

Maybe I'll go find Michael Moore's take on all of this and post it.? Give me a break Flagg.? Like I said, you guys are just desperate to find away to make the dems look bad in this...they have NOTHING to do with it.? Point all the fingers you want at Clinton or any other dem who IN THE PAST made mistakes or did assinine things...this is today, not yesterday.? ? I wanted to respect your opinion and/or take on somethings, but bringing in a Coulter editorial??? ?rofl rofl rofl

I posted it because it does well putting things into perspective.  SLC and some others have been screaming that this is a Republican thing and no one else in Congress has stooped this low.  Again, i think Foley is guilty, but whether his did was illegal, I don't know yet.  I just have a problem with teh flip-flopping liberals have on this board.  You should at least read the article (and I think you probably did) before you discredit it.  I'm not discrediting the attacks on Foley simply because they're coming from Democrats, just trying to put it into prespective.  There are always two sides to every argument, don't you agree?
Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #154 on: October 06, 2006, 03:15:01 PM »

Most people in the know know that most of the Republican top leadership are a bunch of closeted gays who have to be the world's biggest hypocrites. Today Fordham, Campaign Chairman Reynold's former chief of staff, the guy who quit and put the rat on Hastert, announced he is gay. Everyone knows that Republican chairman Mehlman has a "roommate" to help pay the rent on his paltry salary, and that half the GOP House staff is a bunch of fawning queens. Just wait til this hits the Religious Right.

Protesting violence requires violent language.
-Lenny Bruce
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #155 on: October 06, 2006, 03:20:55 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

As soon as I saw this:

By Ann Coulter

I stopped reading. 

Maybe I'll go find Michael Moore's take on all of this and post it.  Give me a break Flagg.  Like I said, you guys are just desperate to find away to make the dems look bad in this...they have NOTHING to do with it.  Point all the fingers you want at Clinton or any other dem who IN THE PAST made mistakes or did assinine things...this is today, not yesterday.    I wanted to respect your opinion and/or take on somethings, but bringing in a Coulter editorial??   rofl rofl rofl

I posted it because it does well putting things into perspective.  SLC and some others have been screaming that this is a Republican thing and no one else in Congress has stooped this low.  Again, i think Foley is guilty, but whether his did was illegal, I don't know yet.  I just have a problem with teh flip-flopping liberals have on this board.  You should at least read the article (and I think you probably did) before you discredit it.  I'm not discrediting the attacks on Foley simply because they're coming from Democrats, just trying to put it into prespective.  There are always two sides to every argument, don't you agree?

yes i did read it when you first posted it.  again, using coulter as a source is just lame.  it'd be like me grabbing a howard dean or mike moore editorial.

but don't tell me that was a GOOD and FAIR and balanced article.  Show me one dem who said we should have "spied" on Foleys IMs/Emails or "wire tap" his phone.  Its just so  Roll Eyes blowing it out of proportion.  Bringing in the WoT to this scandal is just so sickening and really devalues the lives of those who have died serving our country over in Afghanistan/Iraq, well Iraq has little to do with the WoT so nevermind.

As for Studds...yeah, hes an asshole. whats her point?  That was also what, 20 years ago???

And where has Foleys sexuality come into play here at all?  I haven't heard that THAT is the big deal here?  If anything it shows more republican hyprocrisy that hes gay, but he def wasn't OUT.  how many conservatives would have supported him then?  I don't exactly hear the dems being upset that he was gay.  His sexuality has ZERO to do with this - its the fact the kids were under age.

Coulter's piece is JUST what you guys are doing, rather then say 1) foley is an ass, 2) hastert and shimkus were wrong for not saying anything and they should be forced out and 3) we want a full investigation, all she says is "well, you guys did it too!!!!!"  "i know you are but what am I!!"  Does she at anytime in her drivel point the finger at her own party? 

Are the dems spotless? Of course not.  But right now the spotlight is on the reps as it should be.  The dems are virtually powerless right now, they have no control in any branch.  Everything wrong with this country right now is the current admins fault....but i'm sure you guys want to blame clinton still right?   Roll Eyes

Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: October 06, 2006, 03:25:53 PM »

The LA Times has outed Kirk Fordham today. He will not be the last closeted gay Republican outed by this scandal.

Today's NY Times has a chart that outlines the "key communications" in the House of Representatives about Mark Foley's inappropriate contact with pages. More than one of the names in the chart, which includes Kirk Fordham, are rumored to be closeted gay Republicans who have been working at the highest levels of the Republican leadership.
They have been looking at their names in print for the last couple of days and no doubt fearing for their futures in a Party that is in political free-fall.

Are ambitious closeted gay Republican officials, the most reliable people Speaker Hastert could have delegated the Foley problem to last year? Obviously not. Heat on a closeted gay Republican in the House is heat on all closeted gay Republicans in the House. The most innocent Foley emails were enough to worry the parents of the recipient. They were enough to worry the closeted gay Republicans too. But the closeted gay Republicans were perfectly positioned in the House to make the problem disappear.

Now two Republican staffers are locked in a credibility contest: it's Kirk Fordham v. Scott Palmer, Hastert's chief of staff. Palmer flatly denies that Fordham warned him about Foley. Hastert's political life depends entirely on Scott Palmer's credibility. I can't find anyone in Washington who knows Palmer who thinks his credibility can survive this test.

It's no accident that the first call for Hastert's resignation came from Tony Blankley, Newt Gingrich's former press secretary. Tony knows that the scandal cannot die as long as Hastert and his staff are still in the building.

The Republican base--the Evangelical get-out-the-vote troops--are going to be devastated when they discover how many closeted gay Republicans were involved in policing Mark Foley in the House of Representatives. Republican House members know this. That's why momentum is building for a very quick House cleaning and a new Speaker by next week.

-Lenny Bruce
Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: October 06, 2006, 03:32:51 PM »

Bud Fox would categorize the Coulter article as such:

"He's innocent til proven guilty. He admitted it? Oh. Bill Clinton. Gary Studds. Monica Lewinsky.?

Really though, this guy has Anne Coulter figured out:

http://ifuckedanncoulterintheasshard.blogspot.com/

-Lenny Bruce
sandman
Legend

« Reply #158 on: October 06, 2006, 03:48:37 PM »

HH - you've basically proven my point. it's a shame you don't even realize it.? ?rofl

sigh, it has nothing to do with being blind....I would consider myself more of a dem then a rep, but i'm not a "lefty" or a "liberal" by any means.? I don't see how anyone can still support the current admin though...i mean, talk about being blind.? The long long long list of offenses, lies, corruption, scandals is just too much.?

I did read coulter's crap, my post was just saying how posting something from her is evidence of the blind partisanship you are talking about.? "spin things the conservative way"....dude, there is nothing objective about her piece - its "well you guys are bad too" instead of "yeah foley and the other who knew about this are scum".? Like i've said a few times now, the majority of people stirring up all the noise about this and getting the most upset are PEOPLE FROM THE RIGHT THEMSELVES!!!!? Doesn't that tell you something?? What is partisan about that!?!?? Its not just the Dems who are outraged.

HannaHat said this:

"Ok, at least Rendell isn't IM'ing little boys, but if thats your best example, the reps are in big trouble."

you then called Fast Eddie "slimy".

BUT you made a error in calling him a republican. he's a democrat. one of the top in the party. despite having been railroaded by the extreme, elitist, secularist left wing. he was a top candidate to run for prez, but he's not extreme enough.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #159 on: October 06, 2006, 04:21:12 PM »

sigh, it has nothing to do with being blind....I would consider myself more of a dem then a rep, but i'm not a "lefty" or a "liberal" by any means.  I don't see how anyone can still support the current admin though...i mean, talk about being blind.  The long long long list of offenses, lies, corruption, scandals is just too much. 

I did read coulter's crap, my post was just saying how posting something from her is evidence of the blind partisanship you are talking about.  "spin things the conservative way"....dude, there is nothing objective about her piece - its "well you guys are bad too" instead of "yeah foley and the other who knew about this are scum".  Like i've said a few times now, the majority of people stirring up all the noise about this and getting the most upset are PEOPLE FROM THE RIGHT THEMSELVES!!!!  Doesn't that tell you something?  What is partisan about that!?!?  Its not just the Dems who are outraged.

HannaHat said this:

"Ok, at least Rendell isn't IM'ing little boys, but if thats your best example, the reps are in big trouble."

you then called Fast Eddie "slimy".

BUT you made a error in calling him a republican. he's a democrat. one of the top in the party. despite having been railroaded by the extreme, elitist, secularist left wing. he was a top candidate to run for prez, but he's not extreme enough.

my mistake.  he is slimy, thats prob why i thought he was a rep Wink hehe just kidding

hes still an asshole in my book.  I hope Lynn Swann beats him Wink  GO STEELERS!  ok

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: