Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:11:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Representative Foley turns out to be a secret card-carrying member of NAMBLA.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Representative Foley turns out to be a secret card-carrying member of NAMBLA.  (Read 28397 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #160 on: October 06, 2006, 04:45:37 PM »

Another reason why the Coulter's of the world sound like idiots:

While condemning the emails, Democratic leaders have largely kept quiet about the scandal, prefering to let the spotlight remain on the Republican's troubles.

"There's an old axiom in politics: never interfere with your opponents when they're in the process of committing suicide," said Larry Sabato, a political expert at the University of Virginia.

As i've said numerous times now, the dems are BARELY talking about this.  All the uproar is coming from conservatives on the right and from Reps themselves.  So all of this "oh the dems are hyrocrites, they are just as bad" is unjustified.  Its passing the buck. Its "we are bad, but so are they".  But its not going to work.  in a recent poll of 1,000+ people, 80% said they think there was some kind of cover up.   Go ahead and talk about Studds or Bill Clinton....but guess what, you can't vote against them...THEY AREN'T RUNNING!!! 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
EFISH
« Reply #161 on: October 07, 2006, 11:25:13 PM »

Hey everyone...
My brother delt with Foley when he was in politics and stuff, and he just published this article, I'm sure you guys will enjoy the read...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jason-fishbein/mark-foley-bad-guy-dece_b_31201.html
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2006, 11:51:10 PM »

This entire topic is off topic and should be locked.

I read all 9 pages and didnt see the

North American Marlon Brando Look Alikes       mentioned anywhere.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #163 on: October 08, 2006, 12:06:09 AM »

Well if there was Sandman and Gunslinger would have defended it either way.............
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #164 on: October 08, 2006, 12:23:55 AM »

Well if there was Sandman and Gunslinger would have defended it either way.............

I gotta say something that's been bothering me for a while now. Your new username. "Your" in the possessive - was that intentional? I thought you meant "Mr Foley if you ARE nasty."  Huh
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #165 on: October 08, 2006, 12:41:28 AM »

North American Marlon Brando Look Alikes? ? ? ?mentioned anywhere.

I gotta say something that's been bothering me for a while now. Your new username. "Your" in the possessive - was that intentional? I thought you meant "Mr Foley if you ARE nasty."? Huh

Ha, I thought I was the only one that noticed that. Grin
SLCPUNK
« Reply #166 on: October 08, 2006, 01:38:54 AM »

It's a two for one............

Also trying to lure MCT............ Grin
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #167 on: October 08, 2006, 02:15:05 AM »

North American Marlon Brando Look Alikes? ? ? ?mentioned anywhere.

That's not fair and you know it.  I have not once in this thread defended Foley.  The man is a disgrace and a sexual deviant and should not be anywhere around young people.  His cried of alcholism and sexual abuse tarnish and discredit those who have truly suffered or been affected by such things.  I simply question whether or not tha man is a pedophile, and what are the motives behind those that attack him and ask for Haster's resignation?  Democrats hold no moral high-ground here, so I won't sit idly by and let those who in the same instance would see no issue with the congressman if he were a member of the DNC.
Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2006, 03:53:06 AM »

The usual right wing slick media operation failed this time because they treated it like a political problem and did what they always do with political problems: attack, blame the other side for everything, set up strawmen, and try to publicize outlandish theories. That stuff works in elections, as John Kerry will attest, but using those to confront a moral evil blew up in their faces. A lot of people have come away with an impression that Hannity, Limbaugh, Drudge tried to excuse child molesting, and that the Repub leadership tried to cover up things.

The reason is that child molesting is not a political issue, it is a punch-you-in-the-gut moral issue, and the only way to handle something like that is to admit you are wrong when you are wrong. By politicizing it they handed the Dems a huge amount of political ammunition. Which is what they deserve for trying to smear those kids.

Protesting violence requires violent language.
-Lenny Bruce
sandman
Legend

« Reply #169 on: October 08, 2006, 08:03:53 AM »

can you provide examples of people trying to smear the kids. not that i don't believe you, i just can't find links to it.

i heard people tried to blame clinton, the kids, and the dems in general. and i'd like read about it.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #170 on: October 08, 2006, 09:53:33 AM »

That's not fair and you know it.  I have not once in this thread defended Foley.  The man is a disgrace and a sexual deviant and should not be anywhere around young people.  His cried of alcholism and sexual abuse tarnish and discredit those who have truly suffered or been affected by such things.  I simply question whether or not tha man is a pedophile, and what are the motives behind those that attack him and ask for Haster's resignation?  Democrats hold no moral high-ground here, so I won't sit idly by and let those who in the same instance would see no issue with the congressman if he were a member of the DNC.

Flagg, for the millionth time.....those "attacking" him and calling for Hasterts resignation are conservatives!!  Yes, some Dems have done the same, but the loudest outcry over this has come from the right and from the republican party itself.  stop acting like the dems are the one on the offense here.  they aren't and they don't have to be, the reps have handled this so poorly it will be taught in PR classes about what NOT to do when a scandal arises.  So the "motives" you are so curious about? - its the right trying to cover their own ass and to reclaim the party that has been hijacked by the current admin.  Don't blame the dems or the left for something that, for the most part, they aren't doing.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #171 on: October 08, 2006, 11:39:53 AM »

can you provide examples of people trying to smear the kids. not that i don't believe you, i just can't find links to it.

http://momsquawk.wordpress.com/2006/10/03/another-media-dingbat-matt-drudge-blames-the-teens-in-the-foley-scandal/

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #172 on: October 09, 2006, 12:58:34 PM »

Bud Fox has come away absolutely amazed at the number of closeted gays in top positions in the House and the Republican Party, and the massive extent of the cover up of Foley's behavior for years. Most amazingly, the House Clerk who resigned in 2005, was a homosexual - in other words the day to day business of the House of Representatives was being conducted by a person many Republicans would see as a tool of Satan, an abomination before God worthy of death. If homosexuality is so bad, an abomination before God and a reason to amend the US Constitution, then why are all these Republican staffers, guys in hired positions put in place by the Reps who chant anti-gay rhetoric for the Christian right, running the place?

Most amazing is Fordham, who was Foley's chief of staff, who is openly gay. When he resigned from Foley' staff, he was immediately hired by Rep. Reynolds as chief of staff. Reynolds runs the Republican Campaign Committee. In other words, the guys trying to get Republicans elected and re-elected on platforms of anti-gay-o-phobia are being led by a well known queen, who in turn reports to another closeted gay, Ken Mehlman, the Chairman of the Republican Party, a grotesque hypocrite who goes on Sunday talk shows to posit the GOP as The Party of God, and then goes home to fuck his boyfriend. This is all gut-wrenchingly sickening. Republicans on this board, how can you excuse this kind of utter hypocrisy? And that is just the beginning. Hastert is an obvious liar, a zero and a half who really has no interest in life other than holding power for power's sake.

Protesting violence requires violent language.
-Lenny Bruce
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #173 on: October 09, 2006, 04:40:30 PM »

i heard people tried to blame clinton, the kids, and the dems in general. and i'd like read about it.

Just listen in to Hannity and Limbaugh the days afterward.  They were trying to find some way to pin it on the kid.  Of course as soon as Drudge said that two friends of the kid claim it was a plank gone awry, Limbaugh and Hannity were all over it with a "See, there you go, case closed, let's move on" sort of thing.  I love how they seem to think every story in the media is subject to scrutiny unless it comes from Fox News or Matt Drudge.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: