Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 01:38:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is it Cool or Tacky to wear a GNR shirt to a GNR concert.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it Cool or Tacky to wear a GNR shirt to a GNR concert.  (Read 44222 times)
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2006, 05:51:27 PM »

I dont wear GN'R shirts that you can buy at the store. I wear the ones that I get at the shows.

At the Worcester show I'm gonna wear the shirt I got in Hartford in '02, it says Chinese Democracy Starts Now on the back.

Then for Madison Square Garden, I'm gonna wear my Hammerstein shirt.
Bono
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2006, 05:57:53 PM »

The idea that wearing a t-shirt of the band you're going to see is tacky is completely ridiculous. I suppsoe everyone who wears a Red Wings jersey to a Red Wings game is tacky. Everyone who wears thier Cowboys jersey to a Cowboys game is tacky. Everyone who wears their Suns? jerseys to a Suns game is tacky. Everyone who wears a Red Sox jersey to a Red Sox game? and anyone who wears a Gn'R t-shirt to a Gn'R concert is tacky. Roll Eyes  Like others have said it's not a fashion show. Who gives a crap what you wear. If it bothers other people then that's their problem.  ok
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 06:01:08 PM by Bono » Logged
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2006, 05:59:47 PM »

I'll be wearing a 2002 Gn'R tour shirt (the bullet hole star logo shirt) under a denim jacket w/ band patches sewed all over it.  Probably a red bandana too.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2006, 06:01:46 PM »

The idea that wearing a t-shirt of the band you're going to see is tacky is completely ridiculous. I suppsoe everyone who wears a Red Wings jersey to a Red Wings game is tacky. Everyone who wears thier Cowboys jersey to a Cowboys game is tacky. Everyone who wears their Suns? jerseys to a Suns game is tacky. Everyone who wears a Red Sox jersey to a Red Sox game? and anyone who wears a Gn'R t-shirt to a Gn'R concert is tacky. Roll Eyes? Like others have said it's not a fashion show. Who gives a crap what you wear. If it bothers other people then that's their problem.? ok

I agree. It doesn't make since to me. I plan on wearing a GNR shirt as well.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2006, 06:01:56 PM »

I dont wear GN'R shirts that you can buy at the store. I wear the ones that I get at the shows.

At the Worcester show I'm gonna wear the shirt I got in Hartford in '02, it says Chinese Democracy Starts Now on the back.

I never ever wear a band shirt that i get from a store... everyone will have the same one. I live in Houston and managed to get my hands on a GNR 2006 hoddie and shirt, and i have 3 2002 shirts, and a UYI I shirt, no one has any of these. The regular bullet logo and the AFD shirt are sold in stores and everyone has them. I buy my clothing online, have it imported, or buy it at a concert- never have i seen anyone with the same clothing as me.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2006, 06:05:47 PM »

I never ever wear a band shirt that i get from a store... everyone will have the same one. I live in Houston and managed to get my hands on a GNR 2006 hoddie and shirt, and i have 3 2002 shirts, and a UYI I shirt, no one has any of these. The regular bullet logo and the AFD shirt are sold in stores and everyone has them. I buy my clothing online, have it imported, or buy it at a concert- never have i seen anyone with the same clothing as me.

I always try to wear something that no one else will have.  In Vegas I wore a custom tank and every girl there stopped me to ask where I got it. 

I did wear my Hammerstein shirt the second night I went on May 17 though!
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2006, 06:07:37 PM »

I have heard conflicting? opininons on this very important fashion issue. When I attended the Madonna concert I put on my cutest Madonna wannabee outfit but no Madonna tee. I wore really cute clothes to Vegas with skulls and roses but not GNR. Some people in line in Vegas said that it was tacky to go to a concert wearing the band's tee. I have also heard this from people who work in record stores. What do you guys think? This is? a serious question for the inquiring fashionista who wants to know! hihi

People start the stupidest posts....
really
who cares what you wear
uggh

wear clothes and shut up

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
Annie
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2006, 06:13:31 PM »

I have heard conflicting? opininons on this very important fashion issue. When I attended the Madonna concert I put on my cutest Madonna wannabee outfit but no Madonna tee. I wore really cute clothes to Vegas with skulls and roses but not GNR. Some people in line in Vegas said that it was tacky to go to a concert wearing the band's tee. I have also heard this from people who work in record stores. What do you guys think? This is? a serious question for the inquiring fashionista who wants to know! hihi

really
who cares what you wear
uggh

wear clothes and shut up
If it's so stupid then explain why there are 60+ responses including a few from Jarmo.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2006, 06:16:41 PM »

Those fashion regulations etched in stone?  Prioritize, my boy!
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2006, 06:16:59 PM »

really
who cares what you wear
uggh

wear clothes and shut up
If it's so stupid then explain why there are 60+ responses including a few from Jarmo.

Because these people have no life? I dunno, you tell me.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
no more patience
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2006, 06:19:38 PM »

i wore my bad apples gnr shirt to the vancouver riot  Huh

this is a song about your fucking mother!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2006, 06:20:45 PM »

i wore my bad apples gnr shirt to the vancouver riot? Huh

My Bad Apples t-shirt had a rip in it within a week of me getting it. Cry  Sucks, because that's the only one I've seen like it.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2006, 06:20:51 PM »

OK, does it matter? Do you really pay attention to what other people are wearing? Do you actually think people pay attention to what YOU are wearing? NO! Especially not at a concert. I might notice a cool shirt, but thats about it. I also don't try to seperate myself either though. Cause no one gives a shit if you wear a shirt that everyone haves or a shirt that no one does. I know I wore a Gn'R shirt to the Vegas shows, but I don't know what ones I wore...lol, whats more tacky is planning 3 months in advance what t-shirt you are gonna wear.

Axl is God.
Annie
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2006, 06:24:00 PM »

OK, does it matter? Do you really pay attention to what other people are wearing? Do you actually think people pay attention to what YOU are wearing? NO! Especially not at a concert. I might notice a cool shirt, but thats about it. I also don't try to seperate myself either though. Cause no one gives a shit if you wear a shirt that everyone haves or a shirt that no one does. I know I wore a Gn'R shirt to the Vegas shows, but I don't know what ones I wore...lol, whats more tacky is planning 3 months in advance what t-shirt you are gonna wear.
I started this post for fun and it was meant to be tongue in cheek. Wearing cute clothes does matter to me . I also value the opinions of SOME of the people on this forum.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2006, 06:35:16 PM »

really
who cares what you wear
uggh

wear clothes and shut up

your avatar annoys the heck out of me

why did this thread turn into a war zone all of sudden? if you can't contribute don't post in this thread
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2006, 06:44:16 PM »

really
who cares what you wear
uggh

wear clothes and shut up

your avatar annoys the heck out of me

why did this thread turn into a war zone all of sudden? if you can't contribute don't post in this thread

Exactly, if you don't like this thread, simply click OUT of it.  You claim we have no life yet you are posting here stating you don't like the thread.  Who is worse, really?

Thank you to those who ruined a fun thread. 

Back on topic, a lot of people in the Vegas line (barring us diehards that were there) had no idea who were even in the band let alone should have an opinion on what to wear.  I saw a lady on the 16th wearing what looked like a ball gown and spike heels on the GA floor.   Shocked
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2006, 06:45:10 PM »

I wear whatever I put on the morning.. be that a gnr tee.. motely.. aerosmith.. or my other non musicy stuff... why make a conscious decision on what to wear lol
AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2006, 07:10:15 PM »

Haven't read through the entire thread...but I say tacky! But I'm also a female product of the 80s that thinks girls should still dress up for shows and like, I don't know, actually do their hair make up and look nice! I know I'm alone on that these days.

Also..never listen to the band on the way to the concert...its BAD LUCK!

AylaRose

Never wear the band's t-shirt to the band you're going to see. 

It's rule # 1 in the "concert attendance etiquette" book.   hihi

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2006, 07:11:07 PM »

Yours is a good example.

If you don't have anything to add, stay away. Easy.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2006, 07:13:53 PM »

I don't find it tacky at all. You are going to the show in support of the band...why not support the fucking band? That being said, I wore my mean machine jersey to inland invasion.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: